This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » James Neal for Lucic tradePages (4): [ «  <  1  2  3  4]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: James Neal for Lucic trade [message #740805 is a reply to message #740794 ]
Mon, 22 July 2019 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilerfan79  is currently offline oilerfan79

No Cups

The more I think about this trade the more I think Holland is a wizard. The Oilers give up nothing but 500k if Neal sucks and if he does then he actually can be bought out at a reasonable amount. If Neal is good they give up a 3rd round pick only if Lucic plays like his usual self. I'll happily give up a 3rd round lottery ticket if we get for at least 10 more goals than Lucic scores.

I find it funny that Lucic is looking forward to playing meaningful hockey. He did for quite a bit of the 3 seasons he spent here and he looked like a steaming turd for most of them. Take away the PP number in the first year and he's put up 3 really bad seasons in a row. Neal had 1 bad season a way better contract and doesn't handle the puck like it's a live grenade, not sure how the Oilers will ever regret this trade.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: James Neal for Lucic trade [message #740831 is a reply to message #740652 ]
Mon, 22 July 2019 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Fun Neal article from a couple years back for anyone that hasn't seen it yet:

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/james-neal- predators-sniper

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: James Neal for Lucic trade [message #740838 is a reply to message #740831 ]
Mon, 22 July 2019 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Also worth reading - Michael Parkatti has a thread on twitter about Neal and expected goal totals based on comparable scoring to age 30. Suggests that the evidence points to approximately 80-90 goals left in him...there's some in the data set who crater out much earlier, but that's not the norm.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: James Neal for Lucic trade [message #740846 is a reply to message #740838 ]
Mon, 22 July 2019 15:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Magnum  is currently offline Magnum

No Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 22 July 2019 15:09

Also worth reading - Michael Parkatti has a thread on twitter about Neal and expected goal totals based on comparable scoring to age 30. Suggests that the evidence points to approximately 80-90 goals left in him...there's some in the data set who crater out much earlier, but that's not the norm.

I’m just not stoked to be paying $6.5M for 15-20 goals per season. Would be much nicer if that number had been $5.75.

If he can just float around and fire pucks in the net then that’ll be more like 20-30 goals, which would make this trade unbelievable.

I think Calgary lowered their risk exposure in this deal, while Edmonton has higher upside. I guess I like it, because there’s more upside potential than risk exposure mitigation, but not a ton.

Unfortunately, it’s a bit of a wait and see.

2015/2016 - This Kool-Aid tastes like McDavid flavoured Drain-O.
2016/2017 - This Kool-Aid is starting to taste like juice.
2017/2018 - I'm drinking this Kool-Aid, in hopes that it's Drain-O.
2018/2019 - Another round of Drain-O, good sir!

Re: James Neal for Lucic trade [message #740849 is a reply to message #740846 ]
Mon, 22 July 2019 16:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Magnum wrote on Mon, 22 July 2019 15:57

I’m just not stoked to be paying $6.5M for 15-20 goals per season. Would be much nicer if that number had been $5.75.

If he can just float around and fire pucks in the net then that’ll be more like 20-30 goals, which would make this trade unbelievable.

I think Calgary lowered their risk exposure in this deal, while Edmonton has higher upside. I guess I like it, because there’s more upside potential than risk exposure mitigation, but not a ton.

If you want to think about it more positively, remember, you started with Lucic at 6M.

An increase of 6 goals to 15-20 for an additional 500k is the way to think about it :)

Plus Neal's contract has no NMC or NTC, so you could find him a new home far more easily than with Looch.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: James Neal for Lucic trade [message #740860 is a reply to message #740849 ]
Mon, 22 July 2019 16:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 22 July 2019 16:10

If you want to think about it more positively, remember, you started with Lucic at 6M.

An increase of 6 goals to 15-20 for an additional 500k is the way to think about it :)

Plus Neal's contract has no NMC or NTC, so you could find him a new home far more easily than with Looch.

Absolutely. Lucic's money was almost a sunk cost at this point, so it's better having someone more productive at that money.

I still predict by the end of his deal, Neal will be reviled here and his cost will be referenced constantly, because he can't hope to cover the bet. The further away from this deal we are, the less we're going to remember the way he got here, and the more his lack of production relative to his cost is going to be an issue.

So I don't think your alone in the way you're looking at this, Magnum. I hope everyone will remember as long as possible to compare these two players before making the judgement...hopefully this is the lesser mistake.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: James Neal for Lucic trade [message #740853 is a reply to message #740846 ]
Mon, 22 July 2019 16:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

While not idea, I'd take 15-20 goals for 6.5 mill vs 5-10 goals for 6 mill in Lucic.

If you have to have a very overpaid, potentially declining player in either Neal or Lucic, getting rid of the no move that Lucic had which made it hard to trade but also was a black cloud for the coming expansion draft is worth an extra 500k in my books. In 2 years when maybe the Oilers actually have guys they don't want to lose in the expansion draft, not having to waste a protected spot on Lucic is huge.

Re: James Neal for Lucic trade [message #740859 is a reply to message #740853 ]
Mon, 22 July 2019 16:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Magnum  is currently offline Magnum

No Cups

Alright, you guys win. This is going to be my new jersey this year:

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vQzuIu4-X6FGfD0L9Zlbtpw5-lEuFZaU9xih0CByHZv9bDu5RaWuf0QMGGLOX7HoE3BtwVvpm8u_dl2/pub?w=960&h=720

[Updated on: Mon, 22 July 2019 16:49]

2015/2016 - This Kool-Aid tastes like McDavid flavoured Drain-O.
2016/2017 - This Kool-Aid is starting to taste like juice.
2017/2018 - I'm drinking this Kool-Aid, in hopes that it's Drain-O.
2018/2019 - Another round of Drain-O, good sir!

Re: James Neal for Lucic trade [message #740847 is a reply to message #740831 ]
Mon, 22 July 2019 16:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Iamheretoday  is currently offline Iamheretoday

No Cups

Thanks for sharing

Re: James Neal for Lucic trade [message #741955 is a reply to message #740831 ]
Wed, 28 August 2019 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jones25  is currently offline Jones25

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 22 July 2019 16:23

Ha! That is interesting...

Re: James Neal for Lucic trade [message #741958 is a reply to message #741955 ]
Wed, 28 August 2019 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
McDavid97  is currently offline McDavid97

No Cups

Jones25 wrote on Wed, 28 August 2019 07:30

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 22 July 2019 16:23

Ha! That is interesting...

Good article.

Flower would make a save and you would hear him laughing and chirping at the guy in his French-Canadian accent. He’d do commentary for his own saves.

That's awesome.

Re: James Neal for Lucic trade [message #742044 is a reply to message #741958 ]
Thu, 29 August 2019 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

No Cups

Lucic a changed man. Motivated and in great shape according to Calgary Head Coach Bill Peters.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/flames-peters-says-lucic -phenomenal-shape-talks-potential-lines/

“He’s in phenomenal shape. Very driven, very realistic about where he’s at and what he has to do. I like the fact he’s wearing 17 instead of 27. I think he had some good success when he was a Boston Bruin wearing 17. Looking forward to getting him in the lineup.”

I'll believe it when I see it.

Re: James Neal for Lucic trade [message #742047 is a reply to message #742044 ]
Thu, 29 August 2019 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Thu, 29 August 2019 08:35

Lucic a changed man. Motivated and in great shape according to Calgary Head Coach Bill Peters.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/flames-peters-says-lucic -phenomenal-shape-talks-potential-lines/

“He’s in phenomenal shape. Very driven, very realistic about where he’s at and what he has to do. I like the fact he’s wearing 17 instead of 27. I think he had some good success when he was a Boston Bruin wearing 17. Looking forward to getting him in the lineup.”

Didn't we get this exact same story last year?

He is working with Teddy Purcell and Adam Oates now. Purcell was on Spittin' Chiclets last week and mentioned it. Nothing he said made me think Lucic is going to have a great year. Commented on his slow skating, commented that he was working on developing his puck control...Purcell was trying to be complimentary, but it didn't sound like it's gone great.

Re: James Neal for Lucic trade [message #742051 is a reply to message #742047 ]
Thu, 29 August 2019 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 29 August 2019 08:45

He is working with Teddy Purcell and Adam Oates now. Purcell was on Spittin' Chiclets last week and mentioned it. Nothing he said made me think Lucic is going to have a great year. Commented on his slow skating, commented that he was working on developing his puck control...Purcell was trying to be complimentary, but it didn't sound like it's gone great.

Yup, ever year Lucic was setting new fitness highs here. But the seasons kept getting worse. I wonder how many summers Lucic went in his career letting his already low amount of skill erode. He definitely spent next to no time on it with us, since he was scoffing at the idea of getting a skill coach when Gregor suggested it a little over a year ago. No doubt it's gonna be damn hard for him to get any back, let alone add.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: James Neal for Lucic trade [message #742062 is a reply to message #742051 ]
Thu, 29 August 2019 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
overdue  is currently offline overdue

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 29 August 2019 09:35

Yup, ever year Lucic was setting new fitness highs here. But the seasons kept getting worse. I wonder how many summers Lucic went in his career letting his already low amount of skill erode. He definitely spent next to no time on it with us, since he was scoffing at the idea of getting a skill coach when Gregor suggested it a little over a year ago. No doubt it's gonna be damn hard for him to get any back, let alone add.

I predict he'll start the season strong running on the chip on his shoulder or adrenaline or whatever you want to call it, determined to prove he's still got it and then fizzle out like he did with the Oilers because he just doesn't have the skills to be much of a difference maker. If it was all about intimidation and fighting the other team's bad guys, he might do OK but that's not as big a part of the game as it once was. It's one thing to be fit and another to be able to apply that to benefit the team.

Re: James Neal for Lucic trade [message #742077 is a reply to message #742062 ]
Thu, 29 August 2019 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

overdue wrote on Thu, 29 August 2019 12:20

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 29 August 2019 09:35

I predict he'll start the season strong running on the chip on his shoulder or adrenaline or whatever you want to call it, determined to prove he's still got it and then fizzle out like he did with the Oilers because he just doesn't have the skills to be much of a difference maker. If it was all about intimidation and fighting the other team's bad guys, he might do OK but that's not as big a part of the game as it once was. It's one thing to be fit and another to be able to apply that to benefit the team.

I still predict 5 or less goals this year for the big fella.

Re: James Neal for Lucic trade [message #740883 is a reply to message #740652 ]
Mon, 22 July 2019 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

I'm always fascinated by the transformations players can experience in a year.

I forgot Neal was an alternate captain for Nashville during their run to the cup finals. The next year he is one of the 3 alternate captains picked for Vegas, where he goes on another run to the cup finals.

A year with the flames though, where the flames overachieve in the regular season and then blow it in the 1st round, again, Neal is now deemed to be locker room poison, horrible teammate, entitled, addition by subtraction. Dang that happened fast. Poor guy didn't even get to play in the worst choke job game of the Flames playoffs :(

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: James Neal for Lucic trade [message #740885 is a reply to message #740883 ]
Mon, 22 July 2019 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 22 July 2019 21:58

I forgot Neal was an alternate captain for Nashville during their run to the cup finals. The next year he is one of the 3 alternate captains picked for Vegas, where he goes on another run to the cup finals.

A year with the flames though, where the flames overachieve in the regular season and then blow it in the 1st round, again, Neal is now deemed to be locker room poison, horrible teammate, entitled, addition by subtraction. Dang that happened fast. Poor guy didn't even get to play in the worst choke job game of the Flames playoffs :(

I love that the Flames get just killed by speed in the first round of the playoffs, and come out of it believing they need more gritensity...

Re: James Neal for Lucic trade [message #740890 is a reply to message #740885 ]
Mon, 22 July 2019 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 22 July 2019 22:21

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 22 July 2019 21:58

I love that the Flames get just killed by speed in the first round of the playoffs, and come out of it believing they need more gritensity...

It's only logical when your team is good in the regular season and folds in the playoffs. You're clearly only missing some gritensity and "character". Even if you win cups, the GM's are happy to fall into that trap, like old Rutherford adding Simple Jack Johnson and Gudbranson.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: James Neal for Lucic trade [message #741388 is a reply to message #740652 ]
Sat, 10 August 2019 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oops, looks like we got owned in this trade

https://www.nhl.com/news/johnny-gaudreau-says-calgary-flames -on-verge-of-stanley-cup/c-308490928

Gaudreau says Talbot, Lucic could be missing pieces to Cup run for Flames

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: James Neal for Lucic trade [message #741389 is a reply to message #741388 ]
Sat, 10 August 2019 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 10 August 2019 13:55

https://www.nhl.com/news/johnny-gaudreau-says-calgary-flames -on-verge-of-stanley-cup/c-308490928

Hehe. Ok there Johnny.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: James Neal for Lucic trade [message #741391 is a reply to message #741389 ]
Sat, 10 August 2019 18:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Sat, 10 August 2019 14:05

Hehe. Ok there Johnny.

Wouldn't it be hysterically hilarious if it were proven true, though?

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: James Neal for Lucic trade [message #741392 is a reply to message #741391 ]
Sat, 10 August 2019 19:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Ragnarok73 wrote on Sat, 10 August 2019 18:53

CrusaderPi wrote on Sat, 10 August 2019 14:05

Hehe. Ok there Johnny.

Wouldn't it be hysterically hilarious if it were proven true, though?

No...no it would not. BEcause it would be so very Oilers, and we've all had enough of that :)

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: James Neal for Lucic trade [message #741399 is a reply to message #741392 ]
Sun, 11 August 2019 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
overdue  is currently offline overdue

No Cups

Quote:

If Smith standing on his head in front of no show Gaudreau and the happy gang in Calgary wasn't enough to get them past the Avalanche, I'm not sure how Talbot standing on his head is going to be any different ( if they even make the playoffs ) Also not very worried about Lucic being a huge difference maker, have seen enough of his game. How are you suppose to be an intimidating factor when you can't skate well enough to keep up to what's happening on the ice?

Re: James Neal for Lucic trade [message #741424 is a reply to message #741388 ]
Mon, 12 August 2019 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

So Lucic on the 4th line playing 10 mins a night and yelling swear words from the bench at the opposition is all of a sudden going to make Gaudreau and Monahan willing to play hard hockey and battle it out in the playoffs? icon_lol

In my opinion, the NHL has always been like this to a degree but in the last few years the discrepancy between playoff hockey and regular season hockey has widen substantially. Regular season hockey is all about speed and skill and we have seen that speed and skill get more and more prevalent the last few years. That's why guys like Lucic has struggled. But playoff hockey is all about grind it out, beat down, survival of the fittest hockey. The Blues won playing that way. The Caps the year before went against the small, fast Vegas team and as soon as Fluery wasn't putting up .950 %, they got their butts kicked by the bigger, nastier Caps team.

The Flames didn't lose last year because they didn't have Lucic threatening people from the bench. They lost because their 99 pt scorer in Gaudreau was invisible. He was too small and unwilling to play hard, go to the dirty areas hockey. The refs put the whistles away in the playoffs so you have to battle for every inch. He had 1 pt in 5 games. Monahan their 34 goal, 82 pt #1 center, a guy who the radio guys like Warner RIP daily for being too soft, had 2 pts in 5 games because he is a big center but is a perimeter player. Lindholm their found 1st line player had 2 pts in 5 games. He's not a hard player. So their whole 1st line who is made up of fast, skilled but not hard to play against guys were invisible. While the Avs top guys in Mackinnon and Rantanen and Landeskog, guys who are skilled fast but also don't play soft hockey, dominated.

Lucic will not help the Flames main guys grow a set.

Re: James Neal for Lucic trade [message #742356 is a reply to message #741424 ]
Thu, 05 September 2019 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

The more I hear Lucic talk, the more glad I am he is gone and feel like just by not having him on the team it will make the Oilers better. There is a clip going around with him at a golf tournament I assume in Calgary talking again about the leadership and how glad he is to have a over 30 captain. So basically taking shots at McDavid. He talked about how much it benefitted him as a young player having older guys around.

So let me get this straight. He signed for 6 mill for 7 years. He's never been a checker or PK guy. He's mediocre at best on the PP. He lost the ability to score, no one wants to fight him anymore and now he admits that even though he is an older player with tons of experience, the exact guy that he identified as being a HUGE help for him as a young guy, he isn't much of a leader and prefer others to do it for him.

So don't ask Lucic to score, fight, check, be on your PK, score much on the PP or lead. So what the hell does he do then? There literally isn't anything left for a hockey player to do. So I guess on the Flames, he's just going to cruise around and whatever happens happens?

Re: James Neal for Lucic trade [message #742358 is a reply to message #742356 ]
Thu, 05 September 2019 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 05 September 2019 08:36

The more I hear Lucic talk, the more glad I am he is gone and feel like just by not having him on the team it will make the Oilers better. There is a clip going around with him at a golf tournament I assume in Calgary talking again about the leadership and how glad he is to have a over 30 captain. So basically taking shots at McDavid. He talked about how much it benefitted him as a young player having older guys around.

So let me get this straight. He signed for 6 mill for 7 years. He's never been a checker or PK guy. He's mediocre at best on the PP. He lost the ability to score, no one wants to fight him anymore and now he admits that even though he is an older player with tons of experience, the exact guy that he identified as being a HUGE help for him as a young guy, he isn't much of a leader and prefer others to do it for him.

So don't ask Lucic to score, fight, check, be on your PK, score much on the PP or lead. So what the hell does he do then? There literally isn't anything left for a hockey player to do. So I guess on the Flames, he's just going to cruise around and whatever happens happens?

I see an old turd desperate to make excuses for himself to explain why the league left him in the dust after going through every summer just pumping iron while everyone else was working on speed and skills. He couldn't be himself because of the pressure to be a leader and to be a power forward? Seriously? Guy just isn't very bright.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: James Neal for Lucic trade [message #742359 is a reply to message #742358 ]
Thu, 05 September 2019 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rocksteady  is currently offline Rocksteady

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 05 September 2019 10:03

I see an old turd desperate to make excuses for himself to explain why the league left him in the dust after going through every summer just pumping iron while everyone else was working on speed and skills. He couldn't be himself because of the pressure to be a leader and to be a power forward? Seriously? Guy just isn't very bright.

Guy is tone deaf, guess there are too many dollar bills sticking in his ear.

The very definition of insanity is doing the exact same thing expecting different results.

Generally Disappointed.

Re: James Neal for Lucic trade [message #742360 is a reply to message #742358 ]
Thu, 05 September 2019 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

As he was describing how much he got out of all the vet leaders in Boston as a young guy and how important they were for him, he was literally describing himself on the Oilers. He was a late 20's guy, had a cup, lots of experience both in the regular season and playoffs, a guy who's seen it all and who could pass that knowledge on to guys. So he's saying the Oilers lacked that. Well hey Lucic, that was for freaking job, that's what they brought you in for. I am guessing when Chia talked to him prior to signing the deal, they talked to him specifically about doing that. All there is from him is excuses. I am sure it was hard, I am sure the losing got to him, etc. But if you didn't fall off the face of the earth with your play when you are making 6 mill a year, it wouldn't have been as bad. Doesn't matter what team it is, no team can afford to have a guy making 6 mill a year doing NOTHING for 2 years. This guy continues to baffle me.

What I like so far about Neal is he hasn't pointed the finger at anything or anyone other than himself. He's admitted he didn't have a good year. He admitted that given all the hockey he played going to the finals 2 years in a row, he wasn't able to train like he needed too and wasn't in the shape he would have liked to of been in. He admitted he came in thinking he was a top 6 guy in Calgary, it didn't happen so it effected him. No trying to deflect blame. Here is what happened, I need to be better.

Re: James Neal for Lucic trade [message #742364 is a reply to message #742360 ]
Thu, 05 September 2019 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 05 September 2019 10:28

As he was describing how much he got out of all the vet leaders in Boston as a young guy and how important they were for him, he was literally describing himself on the Oilers. He was a late 20's guy, had a cup, lots of experience both in the regular season and playoffs, a guy who's seen it all and who could pass that knowledge on to guys. So he's saying the Oilers lacked that. Well hey Lucic, that was for freaking job, that's what they brought you in for. I am guessing when Chia talked to him prior to signing the deal, they talked to him specifically about doing that. All there is from him is excuses. I am sure it was hard, I am sure the losing got to him, etc. But if you didn't fall off the face of the earth with your play when you are making 6 mill a year, it wouldn't have been as bad. Doesn't matter what team it is, no team can afford to have a guy making 6 mill a year doing NOTHING for 2 years. This guy continues to baffle me.

What I like so far about Neal is he hasn't pointed the finger at anything or anyone other than himself. He's admitted he didn't have a good year. He admitted that given all the hockey he played going to the finals 2 years in a row, he wasn't able to train like he needed too and wasn't in the shape he would have liked to of been in. He admitted he came in thinking he was a top 6 guy in Calgary, it didn't happen so it effected him. No trying to deflect blame. Here is what happened, I need to be better.

I expect him to try and run over McD. I’m actually glad we don’t play them for a while because he will probably have a little extra pep for the first game or two. Then he’ll slow right down again. Sticking with my hip/back soft tissue injury theory later this season unless the flames make a playoff run.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: James Neal for Lucic trade [message #745173 is a reply to message #740652 ]
Mon, 21 October 2019 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

https://i.imgur.com/M4C04B6.gif

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: James Neal for Lucic trade [message #745177 is a reply to message #745173 ]
Mon, 21 October 2019 09:47 Go to previous message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 21 October 2019 08:21

https://i.imgur.com/M4C04B6.gif

GOLD!

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Pages (4): [ «  <  1  2  3  4]  
Previous Topic:Review: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #9)
Next Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #9)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca