This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Exit Interviews
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Exit Interviews [message #735167]
Sun, 07 April 2019 11:37 Go to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Livestream, player interviews done, need to go backward in the stream for them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNq8REFgecg

Couple moments that stick out:

Jason Gregor @JasonGregor
“I’d be a loser if I wasn’t frustrated. We want to win. I don’t want to go anywhere. If I didn’t want to be here I wouldn’t have signed for eight years,” McDavid. Puts an end to the idiotic thought he will ask for trade now. #Oilers

Gene Principe @GenePrincipe
"They pay me a hundred million dollars. If I stop playing like that(going to the net) I'm going to have to give Daryl his money back. I'm not going to stop playing like that" @cmcdavid97 @EdmontonOilers

Other was when Matty was trying to get Drai to say it would be hard on players to hvae another coaching change if Hitch left. Drai basically says he doesn't care who is coaching, all coaches want to win, he wants to win, things don't change that much between coaches. Poor Matty, all his effort has been put into try to get Hitch and Keith permanent roles. Drai didn't help him out.

Most guys were calling out a lack of depth and relying too much on a few guys. Everyone shying away from calling out management in any way as you would expect.

[Updated on: Sun, 07 April 2019 11:45]

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Exit Interviews [message #735170 is a reply to message #735167 ]
Sun, 07 April 2019 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JPro  is currently offline JPro

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sun, 07 April 2019 11:37

Puts an end to the idiotic thought he will ask for trade now. #Oilers

Sure, Gregor. I bet this comment will age well...

Re: Exit Interviews [message #735171 is a reply to message #735170 ]
Sun, 07 April 2019 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
steve.kreys  is currently offline steve.kreys

No Cups

Can someone post Tobbias Reiders exit interview

Re: Exit Interviews [message #735176 is a reply to message #735171 ]
Sun, 07 April 2019 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

What a freaking CLOWN terry Jones is. He's the biggest joke in the Edmonton media. The media's trying to interview McDavid and his phone is ringing and then dinging so much it's actually so distracting McDavid has to stop and mention it. He's not a young kid who doesn't know any better.

I was able to watch some of the interviews. I really hope they resign Chiasson. There obviously is a price you can't go past but I want guys on the Oilers who want to be there. I want guys who want to be part of the solution rather than just collect pack checks. I want a guy who's seen as positive person on the team. When your 2 best players talk about him in that light and say he's a guy they want on their team, I think that means something.

The Lucic interview pissed me off. He talks about his training and what he does vs what everyone else in the league does. Guys around the league are working on their skating and skills. He says guys start skating in June. Lucic is in the freaking gym doing the opposite of what everyone else is doing. Then he goes. Well maybe I should start doing that. YOU THINK!! Then he goes on to talk about how the new GM will come in and maybe he's part of the solution and maybe not and if he's part of the solution, that's great. NO talk about signing with the Oilers and wanting to turn it around with this team. No talk about wanting be here. No talk about wanting to be part of the solution. Just said if I an here, great, if not, oh well. Unbelievable.

Re: Exit Interviews [message #735179 is a reply to message #735176 ]
Sun, 07 April 2019 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

You know what the favourite exit interviews would be? The ones for Lowe, MacT, Howson, and the rest of the front office including Bobby Burgers.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: Exit Interviews [message #735181 is a reply to message #735176 ]
Sun, 07 April 2019 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Sun, 07 April 2019 14:09

What a freaking CLOWN terry Jones is. He's the biggest joke in the Edmonton media. The media's trying to interview McDavid and his phone is ringing and then dinging so much it's actually so distracting McDavid has to stop and mention it. He's not a young kid who doesn't know any better.

I was able to watch some of the interviews. I really hope they resign Chiasson. There obviously is a price you can't go past but I want guys on the Oilers who want to be there. I want guys who want to be part of the solution rather than just collect pack checks. I want a guy who's seen as positive person on the team. When your 2 best players talk about him in that light and say he's a guy they want on their team, I think that means something.

The Lucic interview pissed me off. He talks about his training and what he does vs what everyone else in the league does. Guys around the league are working on their skating and skills. He says guys start skating in June. Lucic is in the freaking gym doing the opposite of what everyone else is doing. Then he goes. Well maybe I should start doing that. YOU THINK!! Then he goes on to talk about how the new GM will come in and maybe he's part of the solution and maybe not and if he's part of the solution, that's great. NO talk about signing with the Oilers and wanting to turn it around with this team. No talk about wanting be here. No talk about wanting to be part of the solution. Just said if I an here, great, if not, oh well. Unbelievable.

McDavid said that if he doesn't take those kinds of risks (cutting to the net trying to beat D), he would have to give Katz money back because he wouldn't be playing his game.

By that standard, I wonder what kind of cheque Lucic would need to be cashing back to Katz today.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Exit Interviews [message #735183 is a reply to message #735181 ]
Sun, 07 April 2019 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sun, 07 April 2019 15:28

McDavid said that if he doesn't take those kinds of risks (cutting to the net trying to beat D), he would have to give Katz money back because he wouldn't be playing his game.

By that standard, I wonder what kind of cheque Lucic would need to be cashing back to Katz today.

A pound of flesh cut from his body nearest to the heart, but containing not an once of blood.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Exit Interviews [message #735194 is a reply to message #735176 ]
Sun, 07 April 2019 21:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Just listened to the Lucic part. OMG, that stuff about how he doesn't train on ice like the younger guys. This guy is friggin unbelievable. What an idiot. How hasn't he realized his lack of puck skills has been one of the main reasons of his demise? Lack of speed too. How do you consistently measurably improve your skating by just being in the gym all summer with weights?

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Exit Interviews [message #735215 is a reply to message #735194 ]
Mon, 08 April 2019 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sun, 07 April 2019 21:28

Just listened to the Lucic part. OMG, that stuff about how he doesn't train on ice like the younger guys. This guy is friggin unbelievable. What an idiot. How hasn't he realized his lack of puck skills has been one of the main reasons of his demise? Lack of speed too. How do you consistently measurably improve your skating by just being in the gym all summer with weights?

I was absolutely blown away by the Lucic interview. Everyone is training one way, you are doing the opposite and surprise surprise the results aren't coming for Lucic. He has his money and his security so it's pretty clear he's taken the foot off the gas but you'd think some short of personal pride would kick in. Who wants to be ridiculed over and over again for sucking. He's a laughing stock yet he doesn't think he should have changed his training? Unbelievable.

Re: Exit Interviews [message #735224 is a reply to message #735215 ]
Mon, 08 April 2019 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 08 April 2019 08:35

I was absolutely blown away by the Lucic interview. Everyone is training one way, you are doing the opposite and surprise surprise the results aren't coming for Lucic. He has his money and his security so it's pretty clear he's taken the foot off the gas but you'd think some short of personal pride would kick in. Who wants to be ridiculed over and over again for sucking. He's a laughing stock yet he doesn't think he should have changed his training? Unbelievable.

I honestly would not expect too much improvement if he actually did train like a modern pro. But, damn, his lack of awareness of what is needed to succeed in the league today, or his lack of willingness to sacrifice his training in the gym with celebs in California routine he's adopted, or maybe it's a combination of both. The guy is ridiculous and this pretty much reinforces that we should be getting rid of this guy any way we can. He's way too far gone now, and I highly doubt he changes his routine up much this summer even though he says he should think about it. He said similar things last year if I recall correctly.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Exit Interviews [message #735273 is a reply to message #735224 ]
Mon, 08 April 2019 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 08 April 2019 09:07

I honestly would not expect too much improvement if he actually did train like a modern pro. But, damn, his lack of awareness of what is needed to succeed in the league today, or his lack of willingness to sacrifice his training in the gym with celebs in California routine he's adopted, or maybe it's a combination of both. The guy is ridiculous and this pretty much reinforces that we should be getting rid of this guy any way we can. He's way too far gone now, and I highly doubt he changes his routine up much this summer even though he says he should think about it. He said similar things last year if I recall correctly.

If I remember correctly, last year when Gregor suggested he maybe look into a skills coach because even the elite guys use them, I think he even listed off Ovie, he laughed at him. I agree with you on Lucic, he won't improve as long as he's in an Oilers uniform. I don't think he cares enough.

Re: Exit Interviews [message #735319 is a reply to message #735273 ]
Mon, 08 April 2019 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 08 April 2019 11:42

If I remember correctly, last year when Gregor suggested he maybe look into a skills coach because even the elite guys use them, I think he even listed off Ovie, he laughed at him. I agree with you on Lucic, he won't improve as long as he's in an Oilers uniform. I don't think he cares enough.

Not much incentive now, other than pride. He's getting paid, and moving is on his terms.

Re: Exit Interviews [message #735339 is a reply to message #735273 ]
Mon, 08 April 2019 16:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

No Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 08 April 2019 11:42

I'm pretty good friend with a guy who close with a few of Lucic's former teammates. Apparently they were pretty shocked and - how do I put this kindly? - very skeptical when he signed his deal with the Oilers. They mentioned how he liked to visit the California vineyards more than the gym. They didn't expect that deal to work out well.

But I'm sure next September, after they can't find a way to move him, we will hear article after article about how Lucic is in the best shape of his career, just like we did this past season.

Re: Exit Interviews [message #735348 is a reply to message #735339 ]
Mon, 08 April 2019 19:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
overdue  is currently offline overdue

No Cups

You know, I think we did see improvement in Lucic's game this season, especially in the later part but unfortunately he has topped out and all the training in the world isn't going to improve his game much more given his lumberjack/football lineman/ aging frame. The game is too quick for him now and at his age. Moving him would be a genius move by the new GM. Must be hard for a lower paid player on the team ( like say a Chaisson ) watch him lumber around getting top line pay and being a fourth line quality player. Can't be good for team moral.

Re: Exit Interviews [message #735350 is a reply to message #735194 ]
Mon, 08 April 2019 19:50 Go to previous message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sun, 07 April 2019 20:28

That amazed me as well. Admits the younger generation (who are faster) train on the ice way earlier than he does, like in June, he said he'd have to give that a try .. might be something to it..
Unlike the younger guys, he said he spends most of his summer training "in the gym" .. and it shows.. big and slow. He needs to lose 30 pounds, muscle and/or fat, and get quicker.
Should also do more aerobic training, he can barely last a shift.

Amazing the Oiler fitness coach didn't explain these fundamentals to him.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Exit Interviews [message #735216 is a reply to message #735170 ]
Mon, 08 April 2019 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jay  is currently offline Jay

No Cups

JPro wrote on Sun, 07 April 2019 12:53

Kr55 wrote on Sun, 07 April 2019 11:37

Puts an end to the idiotic thought he will ask for trade now. #Oilers

Sure, Gregor. I bet this comment will age well...

That last word is key. Wanted to suck up to the Oilers but not enough to say the idea that he would ask for a trade is idiotic...just the idea he would ask for it NOW.

I've noticed Gregor does this a lot. He doesn't seem to have the grapes to just ask his question and own it..he always has to preface it with a little cop out.

Like if you think its a stupid question then don't ask it. Don't ask it and try to hide behind what someone else may or may not have said.

"Initiative comes to thems that wait"

Re: Exit Interviews [message #735185 is a reply to message #735167 ]
Sun, 07 April 2019 15:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xombie  is currently offline Xombie

No Cups

Big exhale from me with Connor walking around with no crutches. I was legit worried. It's the only nice thing we have. (Leon and Nuge to some extent.)

Bob Marley and the (Hartford) Wailers.

Re: Exit Interviews [message #735188 is a reply to message #735185 ]
Sun, 07 April 2019 18:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

Xombie wrote on Sun, 07 April 2019 14:40

Big exhale from me with Connor walking around with no crutches. I was legit worried. It's the only nice thing we have. (Leon and Nuge to some extent.)

He must have some Stortini genes in there. I remember Zack going down backwards on his knee and we all thought his career was over. Next day he was walking around no issue and a smile on his face.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Exit Interviews [message #735202 is a reply to message #735188 ]
Sun, 07 April 2019 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

nullterm wrote on Sun, 07 April 2019 17:02

He must have some Stortini genes in there. I remember Zack going down backwards on his knee and we all thought his career was over. Next day he was walking around no issue and a smile on his face.

Rishaug just tweeted the MRI results were encouraging.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Exit Interviews [message #735205 is a reply to message #735188 ]
Sun, 07 April 2019 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

nullterm wrote on Sun, 07 April 2019 18:02

I think ol' Huggy Bear had universal joints for knees.

Re: Exit Interviews [message #735338 is a reply to message #735205 ]
Mon, 08 April 2019 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

So did anyone do an exit interview with Rieder or just shake his hand and say good bye? He was a terrible signing. Had a horrible season. Zero goals in 67 games. What's there to talk about.

I hope like hell that who ever did the exit interviews, they talked to Lucic about getting on the freaking ice ready and working on puck skills. They also need to tell Khaira to work on puck skills.

Re: Exit Interviews [message #735349 is a reply to message #735338 ]
Mon, 08 April 2019 19:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
overdue  is currently offline overdue

No Cups

Quote:

He was a terrible signing

Bad yes, but not even close to the worst. At least the guy killed penalties. Hard to say if another team would take a chance on him now. The career killing Oilers do it again.

Previous Topic:NHL Draft Lottery 2015
Next Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #82)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca