This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #77)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #77) [message #734355]
Thu, 28 March 2019 21:30 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final (OT) (SO)

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win:   0%
Dallas to win:   0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #77) [message #734361 is a reply to message #734355 ]
Thu, 28 March 2019 21:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

oh noooo, we lost.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #77) [message #734362 is a reply to message #734361 ]
Thu, 28 March 2019 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 28 March 2019 21:46

oh noooo, we lost.

Yeah, but they got a loser point.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #77) [message #734363 is a reply to message #734361 ]
Thu, 28 March 2019 21:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 28 March 2019 21:46

oh noooo, we lost.

Highlight reel goal.

Winning.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #77) [message #734364 is a reply to message #734355 ]
Thu, 28 March 2019 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xombie  is currently offline Xombie

No Cups

Oh poo what a load of ca-ca this foofin' team I tell ya.

Still not mathematically eliminated from the playoffs?

I hate math. They done. (since December)

Bob Marley and the (Hartford) Wailers.

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #77) [message #734365 is a reply to message #734364 ]
Thu, 28 March 2019 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

Xombie wrote on Thu, 28 March 2019 23:05

It's almost pathetic how much Wilkins and Stauffer were yakking about the importance of this game as if the team actually has a shot at making the playoffs.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #77) [message #734367 is a reply to message #734365 ]
Fri, 29 March 2019 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Ragnarok73 wrote on Thu, 28 March 2019 23:23

It's almost pathetic how much Wilkins and Stauffer were yakking about the importance of this game as if the team actually has a shot at making the playoffs.

Hey - we still have a 12% chance at making it if we run the table!

We could do as badly as go 4-1-0 and make it! (Although it's only a 0.2% chance with that record.) The dream is still alive!!!

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #77) [message #734368 is a reply to message #734365 ]
Fri, 29 March 2019 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

Ragnarok73 wrote on Thu, 28 March 2019 23:23

While the pregame on 1260 with Tom Gazzola was like, “who are we really kidding here?”

They have been sporting that mantra in pregames for quite a while now actually.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #77) [message #734369 is a reply to message #734355 ]
Fri, 29 March 2019 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rocksteady  is currently offline Rocksteady

No Cups

It's nice to pretend to have a chance. Kids will believe, and I guess that's the main thing.

"But Dad, the radio says each game is important and we are only 5 points out!"

Ahh..to see the world through the eyes of babes.

The very definition of insanity is doing the exact same thing expecting different results.

Generally Disappointed.

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #77) [message #734371 is a reply to message #734369 ]
Fri, 29 March 2019 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

I can see why the Stars didn't want to give up Heiskanen when there were rumors about Karlsson maybe going there. He's good! He played 28:43 last night and is 19.

Rieder got 4 shots last night. I assume he set the record for shots without a goal.

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #77) [message #734372 is a reply to message #734371 ]
Fri, 29 March 2019 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 29 March 2019 09:17

I can see why the Stars didn't want to give up Heiskanen when there were rumors about Karlsson maybe going there. He's good! He played 28:43 last night and is 19.

Rieder got 4 shots last night. I assume he set the record for shots without a goal.

Only if he doesn't score in the last 5 games. His teammates were looking for him last night, so I think there's a good chance he pops one.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #77) [message #734379 is a reply to message #734372 ]
Fri, 29 March 2019 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 29 March 2019 09:23

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 29 March 2019 09:17

Only if he doesn't score in the last 5 games. His teammates were looking for him last night, so I think there's a good chance he pops one.

I am not convinced Rieder scores. For a guy who you'd think at this point is desperate to score at least 1 because no one, especially a guy who's averaged 12+ over his career, wants to have a zero for a whole year, you'd think he'd be doing whatever he could to score. He doesn't get anywhere near the goal. A guy with his speed should be able to get around guys, take the puck to the goal and get close in chances but he just shoots from long range. Maybe I am wrong but I didn't think Rieder was known for this bomb of a shot. He can't even get a lucky goal from a cross ice pass that hits off his skate or shin pad because he doesn't get close enough to the net.

I am sure his teammates will be trying to feed him but on one shift he happened to be out with McDavid and I think it turned into a bit of a 2 on 1, the dman was clearly trying to cut off the cross ice pass so there was a lane to the net and Rieder still passed it over to McDavid for a low percentage chance.

[Updated on: Fri, 29 March 2019 09:46]

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #77) [message #734376 is a reply to message #734355 ]
Fri, 29 March 2019 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

More importantly, the shoot out gave us a 6(!) point swing in the Oilfans Score Prediction Contest. Fuhrsie, who is obviously very smart but doesn't doesn't post enough, had Edmonton winning 3-2 while the former second place contestant had 3-2 Dallas. Thanks to the Dallas win, the leader board has flipped and CrusaderPi (that's me!) now holds a thin 2 point lead.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #77) [message #734427 is a reply to message #734355 ]
Fri, 29 March 2019 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

One thing I will say I was disappointed with - being at the game last night.

There was a long cheer for Draisaitl's 100th point, but no standing ovation. That's a huge accomplishment, and one that he may never do again, and it seemed so weird that the crowd all stayed in their seats when that was announced.

I think this decade has damaged Oilers fans as proper fans of the team. We saw that in the playoffs a couple years ago - they just didn't provide the same lift that the fans did in 2006 - they could be easily discouraged by a goal against, they could be silenced.

Compare that to 2006, where the fans just got louder when the other team scored. It looked almost reassuring to the team...there's a goal against, but that's not stopping the buzz...it's just starting even louder chants.

It's kind of sad to see the damage that has happened to everything surrounding this team from being this bad for this long...

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #77) [message #734430 is a reply to message #734427 ]
Fri, 29 March 2019 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 29 March 2019 14:31

There was a long cheer for Draisaitl's 100th point, but no standing ovation. That's a huge accomplishment, and one that he may never do again, and it seemed so weird that the crowd all stayed in their seats when that was announced.

I think this decade has damaged Oilers fans as proper fans of the team. We saw that in the playoffs a couple years ago - they just didn't provide the same lift that the fans did in 2006 - they could be easily discouraged by a goal against, they could be silenced.

Compare that to 2006, where the fans just got louder when the other team scored. It looked almost reassuring to the team...there's a goal against, but that's not stopping the buzz...it's just starting even louder chants.

It's kind of sad to see the damage that has happened to everything surrounding this team from being this bad for this long...

Only one solution I guess. Don't suck for a decent period of time :)

I can't blame any fan that is afraid to really feel good about this team, because they think a letdown is right around the corner. Probably need to put together 3-4 years of consistent not-suckiness to break that mentality.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #77) [message #734431 is a reply to message #734430 ]
Fri, 29 March 2019 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jay  is currently offline Jay

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 29 March 2019 14:43

Adam wrote on Fri, 29 March 2019 14:31

Only one solution I guess. Don't suck for a decent period of time :)

I can't blame any fan that is afraid to really feel good about this team, because they think a letdown is right around the corner. Probably need to put together 3-4 years of consistent not-suckiness to break that mentality.

I actually think it has a chance to be much worse than that.

The building is still (inexplicably) full for the most part and people still throw their money away on silly looking merch but I'm not sure how much longer that will continue. The people doing that are for the most part 20+.

I think they may have kind of lost a generation that will be coming of age in the next few years.

I can speak for myself and a number of friends who have been die hard fans of this org. I used to be all in. When I was in my 20s I knew that when I had kids of my own they would be Oilers fans and one of the things I would enjoy doing with them would be following the team. So they were born on and after 2010...the first couple years I was still into it...bought them some of the baby jerseys...took them to a few of the family friendly events at the rink...

Now? Not a chance. They couldn't care less. Every once in a while I'll be like "hey the Oilers are losing again" and they'll laugh or roll their eyes.

I cant imagine in the next 5+ years there are going to be anywhere near the number of diehards willing to spend hard earned money on this joke of an org.

"Initiative comes to thems that wait"

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #77) [message #734449 is a reply to message #734355 ]
Fri, 29 March 2019 21:03 Go to previous message
overdue  is currently offline overdue

No Cups

McDavid with his 40th goal and Leon with his 100th point. The dynamic duo continue to impress. What a 40th goal it was!!! Not much else to get excited about though.

Previous Topic:Pregame: Anaheim @ Edmonton (Game #78)
Next Topic:GDT: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #77)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca