This day on March 29
None

Happy Birthday To: SMURDS, JRock71, Cpt Waffle, TexasOiler, Morgan99

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » GDT: Carolina @ Edmonton (Game #49)Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: GDT: Carolina @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #728180 is a reply to message #728139 ]
Sun, 20 January 2019 20:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Did I see that graphic correctly? Oilers have allowed 4+ goals in 12 of the last 19?

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Send a private message to this user  

Re: GDT: Carolina @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #728182 is a reply to message #728180 ]
Sun, 20 January 2019 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

At this point I’m just waiting for the McDavid trade request, and that’ll be my new team.

This team needs an enema and Katz just won’t do it. Would be great if the lot of them would show an ounce of pride and just resign because they are all obviously pretty f’in terrible. Like all time worst terrible.

So frustrating. And now I have to be on a damned overnight flight during the Super Bowl...gonna go find some babies and kittens to kick. Fight

Re: GDT: Carolina @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #728183 is a reply to message #728139 ]
Sun, 20 January 2019 21:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

without McD.. Worst team in the league

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: GDT: Carolina @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #728184 is a reply to message #728139 ]
Sun, 20 January 2019 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

I wonder if I can get a refund on my Center Ice package... don't think I'll be watching any more of this crap.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: GDT: Carolina @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #728185 is a reply to message #728139 ]
Sun, 20 January 2019 21:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Refs trying to pay us back a bit there

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: GDT: Carolina @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #728188 is a reply to message #728139 ]
Sun, 20 January 2019 21:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Leon getting his 100th, great for him.

I don’t mean this to be sexist... but those CWHL all star teams would very likely throttle these Oilers.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: GDT: Carolina @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #728195 is a reply to message #728139 ]
Sun, 20 January 2019 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Cue the comeback... lmao rofl

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: GDT: Carolina @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #728201 is a reply to message #728139 ]
Sun, 20 January 2019 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Canucks win. Coyotes win. Oilers lay another egg.

Allowing this $&@#ing management team to make a trade to save this season would be ridiculous. This is not a Stanley Cup contender and it’s not close. Bringing in a rental or two would accomplish nothing other than to squander more assets. Only trades the Oilers should now be trying to make are the ones where they realize something for any UFAs to be. Oh and flush the deadweight like Manning and Lucic, if possible.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: GDT: Carolina @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #728203 is a reply to message #728201 ]
Sun, 20 January 2019 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Sun, 20 January 2019 23:01

Canucks win. Coyotes win. Oilers lay another egg.

Allowing this $&@#ing management team to make a trade to save this season would be ridiculous. This is not a Stanley Cup contender and it’s not close. Bringing in a rental or two would accomplish nothing other than to squander more assets. Only trades the Oilers should now be trying to make are the ones where they realize something for any UFAs to be. Oh and flush the deadweight like Manning and Lucic, if possible.

Sigh. You guys were right

Yamamoto and Jones need to go to Bakersfield. Arguable that JP should also. He’s looked pretty good this weekend, even tonight he’s looked engaged.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: GDT: Carolina @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #728232 is a reply to message #728203 ]
Mon, 21 January 2019 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lew19  is currently offline Lew19

No Cups

Was at the game last night compliments of a good past client of mine. What a sad bunch these Oilers are. No compete. Took them 10 mins to register a shot, which brought the crowd roaring. Talbot let in the easiest goal of the year, and seen it for weeks. No screen,tip, bank, nothing. The only highlight was watching Kassian press that canes into the floor of our bench in the second. Oilers made it a game in the third but by then there wasn't much in the tank from all the floating. Chai watched football the whole game up in his glass office. Had a few sightings of McTavish standing alongside him a few moments. Glad the tickets where free and Rose and crown had a good red beer on tap to make that palatable. But this team will not make any noise in or near the playoffs.

Re: GDT: Carolina @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #728233 is a reply to message #728232 ]
Mon, 21 January 2019 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Magnum  is currently offline Magnum

No Cups

Didn't watch both games, I feel like a better person for it.

2015/2016 - This Kool-Aid tastes like McDavid flavoured Drain-O.
2016/2017 - This Kool-Aid is starting to taste like juice.
2017/2018 - I'm drinking this Kool-Aid, in hopes that it's Drain-O.
2018/2019 - Another round of Drain-O, good sir!

Re: GDT: Carolina @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #728329 is a reply to message #728232 ]
Mon, 21 January 2019 16:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Lew19 wrote on Mon, 21 January 2019 08:00

Was at the game last night compliments of a good past client of mine. What a sad bunch these Oilers are. No compete. Took them 10 mins to register a shot, which brought the crowd roaring. Talbot let in the easiest goal of the year, and seen it for weeks. No screen,tip, bank, nothing. The only highlight was watching Kassian press that canes into the floor of our bench in the second. Oilers made it a game in the third but by then there wasn't much in the tank from all the floating. Chai watched football the whole game up in his glass office. Had a few sightings of McTavish standing alongside him a few moments. Glad the tickets where free and Rose and crown had a good red beer on tap to make that palatable. But this team will not make any noise in or near the playoffs.

If it's that long shot goal (the 2nd?), I'd watch the replay again. Three bodies in front of Talbot on that one and he couldn't have seen anything. The first was a good shot from the slot. The third was the weakest for me, and the guy walked out front almost unmolested.

I think he made a couple of 5 bell saves too, and the Oilers had 15 shots against at the point where he got pulled...so I have a hard time really hanging this one on #33...

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: GDT: Carolina @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #728332 is a reply to message #728329 ]
Mon, 21 January 2019 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
overdue  is currently offline overdue

No Cups

Saw an interview with Hitchcock and he said it was a mercy pull. Easy to blame the goalie but it was a turkey shoot.

Re: GDT: Carolina @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #728371 is a reply to message #728329 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

I was referring to the very first goal. We were sitting right up behind the net. Guy shot it from about 30 ft out, and Talbot had a look at it for days. As soon as that went in, I knew it was going to be one of those days.

Re: GDT: Carolina @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #728335 is a reply to message #728139 ]
Mon, 21 January 2019 17:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

With the entire fanbase breaking their ankles jumping off the bandwagon, maybe I can find those $20 secondary market tickets again.

Re: GDT: Carolina @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #728336 is a reply to message #728335 ]
Mon, 21 January 2019 17:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Mon, 21 January 2019 17:08

With the entire fanbase breaking their ankles jumping off the bandwagon, maybe I can find those $20 secondary market tickets again.

This would be pretty early. Managed to get a pretty sweet deal for one game in March last season, but maybe that last gasp of interest happens earlier this time around...

That said, circle Thursday February 19th on your calendar! Oilers vs Coyotes on a cold Tuesday night! That one could be a real bargain hunter's dream...

Re: GDT: Carolina @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #728348 is a reply to message #728335 ]
Mon, 21 January 2019 19:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

NetBOG wrote on Mon, 21 January 2019 17:08

I hadn’t realized there was a bandwagon this year

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: GDT: Carolina @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #728372 is a reply to message #728348 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 00:35 Go to previous message

No Cups

It's no longer a wagon, more of a sled....

Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]  
Previous Topic:Spooner and Rattie on waivers
Next Topic:Review: Carolina @ Edmonton (Game #49)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca