Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win: 0%
Anaheim to win: 0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #42) [message #726688 is a reply to message #726687 ]
Sun, 06 January 2019 20:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

This was a mirror image of what happened last night. Can I expect as much praise as there was criticism yesterday?

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #42) [message #726694 is a reply to message #726688 ]
Sun, 06 January 2019 20:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Sun, 06 January 2019 20:41

This was a mirror image of what happened last night. Can I expect as much praise as there was criticism yesterday?

Except the losing team tonight had some long periods of play where they were all over the winning team. So I’m gonna disagree with the split image part other the the “4” and the “0”.

But yes, it’s “safe to cheer” if that’s your big worry...

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #42) [message #726698 is a reply to message #726688 ]
Sun, 06 January 2019 20:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

NetBOG wrote on Sun, 06 January 2019 21:41

Score was mirrored but that is the only similarity.

Oilers were outplayed for much of the game. Hemmed in their own end for minutes at a time, numerous times.

A few guys had really bad games. Larsson and Khaira were the worst.

A few guys had great games. Nurse had a great game, Jones and Russell were very good.

Talbot was amazing and I assume the first star.

Lucic didnt make any huge mistakes and had a couple of very effective shifts. If he could be invisible for 55 minutes then have a shift like todays that led to the one goal I would be just fine with that.

If you want to take that game and absolve the managment for this dumpster fire, or use it to defend some very below average players than have at it.
One game where they were lucky, IMO, to score 4 and a goalie played fantastic doesnt make me forget the last dozen or so games where they have been brutal.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #42) [message #726702 is a reply to message #726688 ]
Sun, 06 January 2019 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Oilers have taken four points out of their last three games...it probably IS time for another "Chiarelli is a genius" story from Terry Jones!

I didn't get to watch the game tonight - did Hitchcock stick with the Big 3 all on separate lines for the whole game?

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #42) [message #726704 is a reply to message #726702 ]
Sun, 06 January 2019 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Prince Albert 1  is currently offline Prince Albert 1

No Cups

Adam wrote on Sun, 06 January 2019 23:04

Oilers have taken four points out of their last three games...it probably IS time for another "Chiarelli is a genius" story from Terry Jones!

I didn't get to watch the game tonight - did Hitchcock stick with the Big 3 all on separate lines for the whole game?

He stuck with it for the most party yup. Not sure if it’ll work long term with the lack of depth on the wings but looked good tonight.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #42) [message #726689 is a reply to message #726687 ]
Sun, 06 January 2019 20:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

4-0

3 garbage goals and 1 rebound goal.

Learn from this.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #42) [message #726690 is a reply to message #726687 ]
Sun, 06 January 2019 20:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55 is currently online Kr55

6 Cups

Chia redeemed. Manning turns out to be a lucky charm from the press box. Who saw that coming?

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #42) [message #726691 is a reply to message #726690 ]
Sun, 06 January 2019 20:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

4 year extension?

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #42) [message #726695 is a reply to message #726691 ]
Sun, 06 January 2019 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Sun, 06 January 2019 20:43

4 year extension?

Just gotta wait until July 1st. Need to wait until we're in the last year of his 2.25M AAV contract :)

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #42) [message #726705 is a reply to message #726695 ]
Sun, 06 January 2019 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stemhovlichski  is currently offline stemhovlichski

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sun, 06 January 2019 20:46

CrudeRemarks wrote on Sun, 06 January 2019 20:43

4 year extension?

Just gotta wait until July 1st. Need to wait until we're in the last year of his 2.25M AAV contract :)

Montoya's $37,500 will be off the cap by then, so there's plenty of room. ;)

Restored: "We're sucking hind banana here." - Pat Quinn, Jan 18, 2010

"...the Oilers have been rebuilding for so long that it’s hard not to be cynical." - NBC's Ryan Dadoun Jan 2, 2015

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #42) [message #726693 is a reply to message #726687 ]
Sun, 06 January 2019 20:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WhoreableGuy  is currently offline WhoreableGuy

No Cups

Russell man! He looked good. Goaltending saved the Oilers, this could have been a 4-0 game for Anaheim but huge 1st period saves by Talbot. Steal one in San Jose and then we got a race.

"Bah Gawd! Would somebody stop the damn draft!"

- Jim Ross calling the NHL Draft Lotto 2015 as the Oilers win

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #42) [message #726696 is a reply to message #726687 ]
Sun, 06 January 2019 20:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
overdue  is currently offline overdue

No Cups

Some major good luck or puck luck if you will involved in that win. Talbot had to be the first star. Sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes the bear eats you! That little Kris Russel fills a pretty big hole in this team. From what I saw I thought Petrovic settled down and had a pretty solid game, even some good break out plays so that's a positive. That Manning deal still irks me though.

[Updated on: Sun, 06 January 2019 21:07]

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #42) [message #726697 is a reply to message #726687 ]
Sun, 06 January 2019 20:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Only bad part of this game was when Henrique died after being pushed a bit

https://i.imgur.com/rzVAZXP.gif

I know he's a Duck, and the Ducks suck, but you never wanna see someone get hurt like that.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #42) [message #726699 is a reply to message #726697 ]
Sun, 06 January 2019 21:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jerekybeef  is currently offline jerekybeef

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sun, 06 January 2019 19:50

I know he's a Duck, and the Ducks suck, but you never wanna see someone get hurt like that.

Hahahaha.

"Make the Oilers great again" - Donny Tramp

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #42) [message #726700 is a reply to message #726697 ]
Sun, 06 January 2019 21:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

About freaking time.
Next time I want to see that happen to Manson, then the Oilers will have arrived.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #42) [message #726701 is a reply to message #726697 ]
Sun, 06 January 2019 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

Someone give Nurse the A off Lucic's chest. ( I know Looch had a better game, but one game an A does not make )

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #42) [message #726703 is a reply to message #726701 ]
Sun, 06 January 2019 22:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

97 got one square in the numbers. Ref watches from 10 feet away. No call. Such a dangerous hit. Brandon Manning would’ve been proud.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #42) [message #726707 is a reply to message #726703 ]
Mon, 07 January 2019 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

Some video
https://twitter.com/bruce_arthur/status/1082120289226493955

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #42) [message #726712 is a reply to message #726707 ]
Mon, 07 January 2019 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Wow, I missed that during the game, the ref is looking at it from a few feet away, no call and it could easily have been more than 2 minutes for a dangerous play. It's almost like they are being told not to call infractions on McDavid. So lucky he didn't get injured there! The Ducks get away with so much because of that loud mouth Getslaf, always in the refs faces and sleaze ball Kessler. This play should be reviewed by the league.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #42) [message #726716 is a reply to message #726707 ]
Mon, 07 January 2019 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Suomalainen wrote on Mon, 07 January 2019 06:00

Some video

Need to turn that into a gif..

The ref should be fired.
Lindholm should get at least 2 games.

NHL policy: "if McDavid can't play in one of our preferred markets .. he won't be playing anywhere.."

In an related noted : "... Connor McDavid has pulled out of the upcoming NHL All Star game due to lingering injuries from the recent Lindholm boarding, and will instead use that time for recovery..."

[Updated on: Mon, 07 January 2019 09:58]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #42) [message #726755 is a reply to message #726716 ]
Mon, 07 January 2019 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
philly boy  is currently offline philly boy

No Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Mon, 07 January 2019 09:51

Suomalainen wrote on Mon, 07 January 2019 06:00

Some video

Need to turn that into a gif..

The ref should be fired.
Lindholm should get at least 2 games.

NHL policy: "if McDavid can't play in one of our preferred markets .. he won't be playing anywhere.."

In an related noted : "... Connor McDavid has pulled out of the upcoming NHL All Star game due to lingering injuries from the recent Lindholm boarding, and will instead use that time for recovery..."

If this was any other sport... and that happens to a player of equivalent magnitude... the coaches and players go nuts after the game, publicly. How is there not a public and team outrage over that? That could’ve been a broken neck. It was not “a hockey play”. I didn’t watch the game and I no longer watch the games because, why? But that is absolutely f’ing absurd!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #42) [message #726708 is a reply to message #726697 ]
Mon, 07 January 2019 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stotto  is currently offline stotto

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sun, 06 January 2019 20:50

He's taken acting lessons from Kesler!

The mighty douche's defeated by the not so mighty Oilers!

Yay!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #42) [message #726711 is a reply to message #726708 ]
Mon, 07 January 2019 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Big win for the Oilers and a must have. They need another one.

For the game, I really don't put a lot of stock into shots, I think the amount of good scoring chances are more important. The Oilers scored 4 goals, without Gibson being good, they easily have way more. I thought Talbot played really well but I felt the Oilers have more good scoring chances than the Ducks. When a team brings the puck into your zone and fires a long range shot at your goal that has little chance of going in. Yes that counts as a shot on goal and yes that is going to hurt your overall corsi because it is a shot attempt but does it mean much if it has next to no chance of going in? Not really in my opinion.

One question I have is who to start next game. Usually you automatically start the goalie who got a shutout BUT in the case of the Oilers lately, it sure seems like every time a goalie has a good game and they get the next start, they crap the bed. I would lean to Talbot strictly because he got the shutout but they NEED these 2 guys to get on a roll.

[Updated on: Mon, 07 January 2019 09:02]

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #42) [message #726713 is a reply to message #726711 ]
Mon, 07 January 2019 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goose  is currently offline Goose

1 Cup

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 07 January 2019 08:00

For the game, I really don't put a lot of stock into shots, I think the amount of good scoring chances are more important. The Oilers scored 4 goals, without Gibson being good, they easily have way more. I thought Talbot played really well but I felt the Oilers have more good scoring chances than the Ducks. When a team brings the puck into your zone and fires a long range shot at your goal that has little chance of going in. Yes that counts as a shot on goal and yes that is going to hurt your overall corsi because it is a shot attempt but does it mean much if it has next to no chance of going in? Not really in my opinion.

One question I have is who to start next game. Usually you automatically start the goalie who got a shutout BUT in the case of the Oilers lately, it sure seems like every time a goalie has a good game and they get the next start, they crap the bed. I would lean to Talbot strictly because he got the shutout but they NEED these 2 guys to get on a roll.

For what it's worth, naturalstattrick had scoring chances at 5x5 at 34/23 in favour of the Ducks. I think it's also noteworthy that the Ducks are dead last in the league in shots/game. I don't want to dump on a win, but I don't think this is a case of one team just firing shots from the blue line all night, and the other team getting all the good chances.

Here's the heat map from naturalstattrick:

http://naturalstattrick.com/heatmaps/games/20182019/20182019-20651-5v5.png

Yes, Ducks also had some shots from farther out, but there's also a lot from between the faceoff dots and in.

Overall, I think this game was a lot more even than the score showed, and that Talbot was the difference.

http://naturalstattrick.com/game.php?season=20182019&gam e=20651

Oilers Goal Differential
17/18: 234 GF / 263 GA (-29)
18/19: 232 GF / 274 GA (-42)
19/20 (82 game pace): 257 GF / 254 GA (+3) in 64 games
2021 (82 game pace):269 GF / 235 GA (+34) after 38 games

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #42) [message #726718 is a reply to message #726713 ]
Mon, 07 January 2019 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Goose wrote on Mon, 07 January 2019 09:47

For what it's worth, naturalstattrick had scoring chances at 5x5 at 34/23 in favour of the Ducks. I think it's also noteworthy that the Ducks are dead last in the league in shots/game. I don't want to dump on a win, but I don't think this is a case of one team just firing shots from the blue line all night, and the other team getting all the good chances.

Yes, Ducks also had some shots from farther out, but there's also a lot from between the faceoff dots and in.

Overall, I think this game was a lot more even than the score showed, and that Talbot was the difference.

Think the game was pretty even until we had a decent lead. We got the more dangerous chances in the 1st I believe, after some early stink.

No doubt goalies are gonna have to be on their games for this team to have any hope. Not gonna be often, if at all, that we can outscore our problems.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #42) [message #726747 is a reply to message #726718 ]
Mon, 07 January 2019 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 07 January 2019 10:55

Goose wrote on Mon, 07 January 2019 09:47

Think the game was pretty even until we had a decent lead. We got the more dangerous chances in the 1st I believe, after some early stink.

No doubt goalies are gonna have to be on their games for this team to have any hope. Not gonna be often, if at all, that we can outscore our problems.

Per that same website high danger chances were equal at 14 a piece.
I believe the count was McDavid- 8, Drai- 2 and RNH- 1.

That is 11 of 14 coming from the typical three. The difference in the game was a couple going in that often dont, JP comes to mind off the top, and Talbot playing one of his best games of the year.

As others have said, I dont want to crap on a win too much but this was not a great game played by the Oilers.

It WAS one of the best games based on actually taking advantage of chances and great goaltending from Talbot and those things havent happened at the same time often this year.

As usual it goes back to what a few of us predicted early on, the success of this team falls on the top players and Talbot. Many of the passengers were still passengers for most of the game with a couple of bright spots here and there

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #42) [message #726750 is a reply to message #726747 ]
Mon, 07 January 2019 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Talbot was great and the main reason they won but I would ad Koskinen to the key players on the team. We have a tandem in goal and that is more of a strength than weakness. Both have been yanked in favor of the other and that's why you have two. Things can go sideways. I thought the Ducks had quite a few high quality shots in that game.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #42) [message #726719 is a reply to message #726713 ]
Mon, 07 January 2019 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

I watched the game and did I think it was a perfect game, hell no. But I didn't think the Oilers got their ass kicked but fluked out a 4-0 win. I thought they were wobbly early but settled down after the first 7 mins. Did Talbot have a very good game and played a big factor? 100% he did. But I would love to know how many times any team wins a game where their goalie wasn't better than the other guy. I bet it's pretty small.

This team has things to work on and the roster has hole in it big time but I don't ever like pissing on a win, especially when it's against a divisional opponent they HAD to beat to have any kind of chance.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #42) [message #726726 is a reply to message #726719 ]
Mon, 07 January 2019 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goose  is currently offline Goose

1 Cup

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 07 January 2019 08:56

But I didn't think the Oilers got their ass kicked but fluked out a 4-0 win.

Not remotely what I said.

Oilers Goal Differential
17/18: 234 GF / 263 GA (-29)
18/19: 232 GF / 274 GA (-42)
19/20 (82 game pace): 257 GF / 254 GA (+3) in 64 games
2021 (82 game pace):269 GF / 235 GA (+34) after 38 games

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #42) [message #726717 is a reply to message #726711 ]
Mon, 07 January 2019 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 07 January 2019 09:00

This team will never accomplish anything if they can't put together at least decent multiple games in a row, including the goalies. I'd probably go with Talbot next game. Koskinen has been struggling, he might need some time to get it together and the added motivation of trying to win back starts.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #42) [message #726721 is a reply to message #726717 ]
Mon, 07 January 2019 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 07 January 2019 09:54

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 07 January 2019 09:00

This team will never accomplish anything if they can't put together at least decent multiple games in a row, including the goalies. I'd probably go with Talbot next game. Koskinen has been struggling, he might need some time to get it together and the added motivation of trying to win back starts.

100% agree. I personally do not think that either guy is capable of being "the guy" who takes the bulk of the starts. They need both guys playing well or at the very least giving them decent NHL goaltending. What's NHL average goaltending these days? .910. That is the minimum they need from both guys every night. These guys BOTH need a new contract. It's put up or shut up time. Especially for Talbot. If I am any team, not just the Oilers, I am not keen on giving Talbot the starters reins next season based on last season and most of this year. If Talbot wants to get another starters job either in Edmonton or somewhere else, he needs to have a good second half.

[Updated on: Mon, 07 January 2019 10:01]

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #42) [message #726756 is a reply to message #726711 ]
Mon, 07 January 2019 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
philly boy  is currently offline philly boy

No Cups

A big win haha. I have to admire some of the people here who still take the precious time out of their lives to watch and support this absolute garbage.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #42) [message #726759 is a reply to message #726756 ]
Mon, 07 January 2019 16:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

philly boy wrote on Mon, 07 January 2019 14:48

A big win haha. I have to admire some of the people here who still take the precious time out of their lives to watch and support this absolute garbage.

C'mon man, the Oilers are all I got!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #42) [message #726760 is a reply to message #726759 ]
Mon, 07 January 2019 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

WhoreableGuy wrote on Mon, 07 January 2019 17:03

Haha. Exactly, however negative the majority of us are, we still want this team to succeed as we’re fans.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #42) [message #726762 is a reply to message #726760 ]
Mon, 07 January 2019 16:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 07 January 2019 16:33

Haha. Exactly, however negative the majority of us are, we still want this team to succeed as we’re fans.

Exactly.

It's going to be even sweeter when we do end up winning.*

*Quote has been said every year for the past 12 years

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #42) [message #726764 is a reply to message #726762 ]
Mon, 07 January 2019 18:04 Go to previous message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

WhoreableGuy wrote on Mon, 07 January 2019 17:58

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 07 January 2019 16:33

Exactly.

It's going to be even sweeter when we do end up winning.*

*Quote has been said every year for the past 12 years

So close to getting over the hump... we're just a Chia firing and a Lucic trade away icon_biggrin

Obviously we're further than those two occurrences, but that would be a great start!

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #42) [message #726763 is a reply to message #726759 ]
Mon, 07 January 2019 17:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

WhoreableGuy wrote on Mon, 07 January 2019 15:03

Well.. I thought I had the TC juniors .. but now ... this is it .. cry

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #42) [message #726723 is a reply to message #726687 ]
Mon, 07 January 2019 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rocksteady  is currently offline Rocksteady

No Cups

Yeah Talbot was the difference last night, played like a new man despite that performance in relief of Koskinen.

One play doesn't make me forget Lucic and his lack of team support. I think I'm permanently on the dislike the chump camp, I do not support him and to heck with his supporting role. He's a boat anchor of a contract and I would still sit the guy in the press box. Manning is better! (that could be the anger talking)

What a difference Russell makes because he stabilized the back end tire fire defense. I liked Nurse's engagement on Saturday and yesterday, the cross on Henrique is was lore is made out of. More of that please.

One thing is for sure, this team ain't making the playoffs.

The very definition of insanity is doing the exact same thing expecting different results.

Generally Disappointed.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #42) [message #726733 is a reply to message #726723 ]
Mon, 07 January 2019 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Rocksteady wrote on Mon, 07 January 2019 10:01

Yeah Talbot was the difference last night, played like a new man despite that performance in relief of Koskinen.

One play doesn't make me forget Lucic and his lack of team support. I think I'm permanently on the dislike the chump camp, I do not support him and to heck with his supporting role. He's a boat anchor of a contract and I would still sit the guy in the press box. Manning is better! (that could be the anger talking)

What a difference Russell makes because he stabilized the back end tire fire defense. I liked Nurse's engagement on Saturday and yesterday, the cross on Henrique is was lore is made out of. More of that please.

One thing is for sure, this team ain't making the playoffs.

To be fair, Lucic did have a response in the Kings game - it was just really late and really lame. We haven't actually seen Lucic seek out trouble much in his time with the Oilers. That first game against the Flames, and then since then, if he's fought it's usually because some fourth liner asked him nicely.

The slash on Leipsic not only is not at all a deterrent, it's also not even retribution. He just randomly gave a minor tap to some guy not involved in the other dirty plays. If he'd at least slashed Carter or Doughty it would have been better. It is disturbing to have the propaganda voice of the Oilers suggest he didn't go after anyone of consequence because of his connections to those guys.

It's not just Lucic though - the Carter stuff was right in front of the bench. Everyone would have seen it. We were already getting fed our lunch in that game, so why doesn't someone - Nurse, Manning, Kassian, anyone - give him a facewash or a crosscheck on his next shift? It's not like surrendering a powerplay was going to be that big an issue...that game was lost early. At least you'd show you're not going to take that.

Yesterday, to his credit, Lucic played a big role in the fourth goal yesterday, if you aren't too critical of his blindly throwing the puck to the front of the net after forcing the turnover. Because of the fact he just gave the puck back, he didn't get an assist on the play, but the goal still doesn't likely happen without his forecheck there.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #43)
Next Topic:Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #41)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca