This day on March 29
None

Happy Birthday To: SMURDS, JRock71, Cpt Waffle, TexasOiler, Morgan99

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Pregame: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #41)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Pregame: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #41) [message #726522]
Sat, 05 January 2019 03:00 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final
Score Prediction
Login To Make Your Prediction

Edmonton to win: 0%
Los Angeles to win: 0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

2018-19 Regular Season
Sunday, November 25, 2018Edmonton 2 @ Los Angeles 5Loss
Thursday, November 29, 2018Los Angeles 2 @ Edmonton 3Win
Saturday, January 5, 2019Edmonton 0 @ Los Angeles 4Loss
Tuesday, March 26, 2019Los Angeles 4 @ Edmonton 8Win
Home Record: 2-0-0       Road Record: 0-2-0       Overall Record: 2-2-0
Home / Road Goals For: 11/2 Total: 13
Home / Road Goals Against: 6/9 Total: 15

2017-18 Regular Season
Tuesday, January 2, 2018Los Angeles 5 @ Edmonton 0Loss
Wednesday, February 7, 2018Edmonton 2 @ Los Angeles 5Loss
Saturday, February 24, 2018Edmonton 4 @ Los Angeles 3Win
Saturday, March 24, 2018Los Angeles 2 @ Edmonton 3Win
Home Record: 1-1-0       Road Record: 1-1-0       Overall Record: 2-2-0
Home / Road Goals For: 3/6 Total: 9
Home / Road Goals Against: 7/8 Total: 15

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #41) [message #726524 is a reply to message #726522 ]
Sat, 05 January 2019 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Seems like this has been said about 30 times this year, but if the Oilers are to make the playoffs these are the games they have to win. This Cali swing is when the "secondary scoring" (will they finally show up after seeing their pictures on milk cartons and billboards?) has to get going.

MOGA
MOFGA

41st must win of the year. icon_biggrin

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #41) [message #726525 is a reply to message #726524 ]
Sat, 05 January 2019 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
overdue  is currently offline overdue

No Cups

I have faith in Hitchcock, McDavid and Koskinen and that's about it. Hope they can pull it together on this road trip. Wonder where they would be sitting if the coaching change had happened at the beginning of the season. Go Koski Go!

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #41) [message #726528 is a reply to message #726525 ]
Sat, 05 January 2019 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

overdue wrote on Sat, 05 January 2019 11:34

I have faith in Hitchcock, McDavid and Koskinen and that's about it. Hope they can pull it together on this road trip. Wonder where they would be sitting if the coaching change had happened at the beginning of the season. Go Koski Go!

I add Drai and RNH to that for sure.

I know Drai draws some ire from the critics because he doesnt look like he is going 100% but that is because he likely cant. Not everyone has the tank of McDavid.
Add in his big frame and he will always look "lazy".
His production speaks for itself though. I dont care how many minutes he has played with McDavid, a lot of players have and no one else has been able to make it work and be in the top ten in scoring.
Add in the fact that he is one of two reasons why the PP is respectable from a % point of view this year. Anyone who watches the games know it is largely ineffective outside of some McDavid or Draisaitl magic.
Lastly he has become the guy who takes the faceoffs on that line when it matters. In effect McDavid is the one playing wing on Drai's line a lot of the time. While I have argued the imnportance, or lack thereof, of faceoffs over all they of course have a level of importance and I dont see anyone mention how good Drai has been thins season in that role

For RNH he is underrated defensively by most who dont watch the Oilers, I dont think us fans should start doing that. He draws a lot of tough matchups and is holding his own on a terrible defensive team.
Add in his scoring clip this year, which is quite good and you have consistent quality player.

I would actually Koski out of the list that I have confidence in. After his initial amazing run he has been good but inconsistent. I need to see more from him on a longer term basis before I can fully have confidence in him.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #41) [message #726532 is a reply to message #726528 ]
Sat, 05 January 2019 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

PlusOne wrote on Sat, 05 January 2019 11:29

overdue wrote on Sat, 05 January 2019 11:34

I add Drai and RNH to that for sure.

I know Drai draws some ire from the critics because he doesnt look like he is going 100% but that is because he likely cant. Not everyone has the tank of McDavid.
Add in his big frame and he will always look "lazy".
His production speaks for itself though. I dont care how many minutes he has played with McDavid, a lot of players have and no one else has been able to make it work and be in the top ten in scoring.
Add in the fact that he is one of two reasons why the PP is respectable from a % point of view this year. Anyone who watches the games know it is largely ineffective outside of some McDavid or Draisaitl magic.
Lastly he has become the guy who takes the faceoffs on that line when it matters. In effect McDavid is the one playing wing on Drai's line a lot of the time. While I have argued the imnportance, or lack thereof, of faceoffs over all they of course have a level of importance and I dont see anyone mention how good Drai has been thins season in that role

For RNH he is underrated defensively by most who dont watch the Oilers, I dont think us fans should start doing that. He draws a lot of tough matchups and is holding his own on a terrible defensive team.
Add in his scoring clip this year, which is quite good and you have consistent quality player.

I would actually Koski out of the list that I have confidence in. After his initial amazing run he has been good but inconsistent. I need to see more from him on a longer term basis before I can fully have confidence in him.
\

You're probably right in including Drai and Nuge. Drai would be easier for me to like if his contract was less inflated. I really like Nuge, he brings a lot to his team. Koski is just the better option right now. A mistake or two by Talbot can cost wins with this low scoring team.For the most part Koski has been pretty solid. Outside of those players though it's a crap shoot even on defence.

[Updated on: Sat, 05 January 2019 14:46]

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #41) [message #726534 is a reply to message #726532 ]
Sat, 05 January 2019 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

No Cups

....the Oiler line-up....

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/news/morning-skate-report-oilers- at-kings/c-303560112?tid=282301100

..."The Oilers went with the following lines at morning skate:

Draisaitl - McDavid - Kassian
Rieder - RNH - Chiasson
Lucic - Khaira - Puljujarvi
Spooner - Brodziak - Rattie
Gambardella

Nurse - Larsson
Jones - Petrovic
Gravel - Manning
Russell - Benning

Alex Chiasson has been activated from injured reserve as expected and will play tonight.

It's expected that the defence pairing which makes the cut will be Kevin Gravel and Brandon Manning. "...

...will be good to see Chaisson back in the lineup....with most of the salary cap space from his LTIR status used up, I expect Sekera's season is done.....wonder how Russell's status has gone from "ready to go by New Years" to staying on IR...

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #41) [message #726540 is a reply to message #726534 ]
Sat, 05 January 2019 19:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Sat, 05 January 2019 13:49

....the Oiler line-up....

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/news/morning-skate-report-oilers- at-kings/c-303560112?tid=282301100

..."The Oilers went with the following lines at morning skate:

Draisaitl - McDavid - Kassian
Rieder - RNH - Chiasson
Lucic - Khaira - Puljujarvi
Spooner - Brodziak - Rattie
Gambardella

Nurse - Larsson
Jones - Petrovic
Gravel - Manning
Russell - Benning

Alex Chiasson has been activated from injured reserve as expected and will play tonight.

It's expected that the defence pairing which makes the cut will be Kevin Gravel and Brandon Manning. "...

...will be good to see Chaisson back in the lineup....with most of the salary cap space from his LTIR status used up, I expect Sekera's season is done.....wonder how Russell's status has gone from "ready to go by New Years" to staying on IR...

I'm happy with the defence pairings. Rieder doesn't add much to Nugies line, but I'm hoping Chaison and Nuge will connect. I've got a feeling Kassian gets things going tonight... and Koski wins another.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #41) [message #726526 is a reply to message #726524 ]
Sat, 05 January 2019 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 05 January 2019 08:48

40 previous must wins... 19 wins.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #41) [message #726533 is a reply to message #726526 ]
Sat, 05 January 2019 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Sat, 05 January 2019 11:47

40 previous must wins... 19 wins.

And 3 "almost made it fella" points icon_wink

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #41) [message #726536 is a reply to message #726524 ]
Sat, 05 January 2019 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Seems like this has been said about 30 times this year, but if the Oilers are to make the playoffs these are the games they have to win. This Cali swing is when the "secondary scoring" (will they finally show up after seeing their pictures on milk cartons and billboards?) has to get going.

MOGA
MOFGA

I'd give this one a 13/10 on the must win game scale.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #41) [message #726542 is a reply to message #726522 ]
Sat, 05 January 2019 19:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Need this win to tie Minnie in 10th and close on Van who are getting their asses handed to them tonight by the Leafs. Go Koski go!

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #41) [message #726543 is a reply to message #726542 ]
Sat, 05 January 2019 19:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

overdue wrote on Sat, 05 January 2019 19:31

Need this win to tie Minnie in 10th and close on Van who are getting their asses handed to them tonight by the Leafs. Go Koski go!

The Oilers are a full game ahead of the Canucks in the standings. You can't really read the standings by points when one team has played 5 more games than another.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #41) [message #726546 is a reply to message #726543 ]
Sat, 05 January 2019 20:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

NetBOG wrote on Sat, 05 January 2019 19:49

The Oilers are a full game ahead of the Canucks in the standings. You can't really read the standings by points when one team has played 5 more games than another.

Ok, I'll just imagine that they are ahead of the Canucks in the standings then.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #41) [message #726548 is a reply to message #726546 ]
Sat, 05 January 2019 20:18 Go to previous message

2 Cups

overdue wrote on Sat, 05 January 2019 20:12

NetBOG wrote on Sat, 05 January 2019 19:49

Ok, I'll just imagine that they are ahead of the Canucks in the standings then.

If you want to use the NHL's faulty system that doesn't tell where teams ranked in relation to each other, then sure, go right ahead.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #41) [message #726544 is a reply to message #726522 ]
Sat, 05 January 2019 19:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Oh god, don't tell me CBC is using d-bag Bieksa as an on air personality now.

Previous Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #41)
Next Topic:Oilers claim Zykov
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca