This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Klefbom has surgery, out for 6-8 weeks
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Klefbom has surgery, out for 6-8 weeks [message #725212]
Sat, 15 December 2018 17:58 Go to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

No Cups

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/oilers-defenceman-oscar- klefbom-miss-6-8-weeks-finger-surgery/

...never thought I would say this...hope Kris Russell can get back soon..

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Klefbom has surgery, out for 6-8 weeks [message #725216 is a reply to message #725212 ]
Sat, 15 December 2018 19:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Knew Klef shoulda picked the cyborg arms instead of just getting shoulder surgery. So dumb.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Klefbom has surgery, out for 6-8 weeks [message #725223 is a reply to message #725212 ]
Sat, 15 December 2018 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

Is that before or after the inevitable staph infection?

Re: Klefbom has surgery, out for 6-8 weeks [message #725224 is a reply to message #725223 ]
Sat, 15 December 2018 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Suomalainen wrote on Sat, 15 December 2018 22:19

Before and after. It’ll go broken finger, staph infection, training injury.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Klefbom has surgery, out for 6-8 weeks [message #725226 is a reply to message #725223 ]
Sat, 15 December 2018 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Suomalainen wrote on Sat, 15 December 2018 21:19

... don't. even. joke ... icon_eek

Caleb looked OK, had the mobility, we'll see if his brain can switch from AHL to NHL speeds.. I'm looking forward to seeing how he does.

Gravel has been a nice surprise, he's playing quite well, and better than that he seems to be improving, which make sense when you think about all the time he's missed in development due to his illness the last few years.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Klefbom has surgery, out for 6-8 weeks [message #725308 is a reply to message #725226 ]
Mon, 17 December 2018 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

As soon as they said that Klefbom was hurt and had to go back to Edmonton immediately to get it checked, I assumed it was surgery and 6-8 weeks. If there is a guy that will get a major, long term injury on the Oilers, it's Klefbom. I think Klefbom will be one of those guys who for as long as he is an Oiler, you will ALWAYS have to count on him missing at least 1.5 months worth of time every year. You just know that if he was ever traded, he would go on an iron man streak.

Re: Klefbom has surgery, out for 6-8 weeks [message #727175 is a reply to message #725308 ]
Fri, 11 January 2019 18:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Ken Hitchcock provides an update on Klefbom's injury

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/news/blog-hitchcock-provides-klef bom-update/c-303795664?tid=281885062

"I think the time frame, looking right now, it looks like it's a little bit quick to ask him to play before that (All-Star) break," Hitchcock said. "And then the break is 10 days and he's going to be able to skate a lot.

"Ideally, with those last three games we were kind of hoping we would catch a break but it doesn't look like it right now. Looks like we'll have to wait until the max (time frame)."

Here's hoping he gets back right after the All-Star break. The guy is brittle, but when he is healthy, he's the Oilers' best value contract on Defense.

Re: Klefbom has surgery, out for 6-8 weeks [message #727177 is a reply to message #727175 ]
Fri, 11 January 2019 19:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Fri, 11 January 2019 19:22

Ken Hitchcock provides an update on Klefbom's injury

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/news/blog-hitchcock-provides-klef bom-update/c-303795664?tid=281885062

"I think the time frame, looking right now, it looks like it's a little bit quick to ask him to play before that (All-Star) break," Hitchcock said. "And then the break is 10 days and he's going to be able to skate a lot.

"Ideally, with those last three games we were kind of hoping we would catch a break but it doesn't look like it right now. Looks like we'll have to wait until the max (time frame)."

Here's hoping he gets back right after the All-Star break. The guy is brittle, but when he is healthy, he's the Oilers' best value contract on Defense.

Thanks Gabby!

Interested to see what happens with the rest of the D group when he returns.

Does Jones just go back to Bakersfield?
Pending Petrovic’s injury, I assume concussion(?), does he go to IR?
Does Manning get waived for purpose of reassignment? (Hahah)
Does the incumbent GM move a D man in a trade?

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Klefbom has surgery, out for 6-8 weeks [message #727595 is a reply to message #725212 ]
Tue, 15 January 2019 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oilers 101  is currently offline Oilers 101

No Cups

Week 5 begins today.

This is going to be Chia's greatest acquisition for the 2019 trade deadline.
I can see how this turns out in about 2 weeks.

Don Sweeney: "Hey Chia... Have you heard of this Klefbom kid?"

Peter Chiarelli: "I didn't draft him, so I don't know a lot about him."

Don Sweeney: "I can get him on your team in 2 days... All I need in return is Jesse Puljujärvi"

Peter Chiarelli: "That's a pretty good deal for a top 2 d-man. How about I throw in a 2nd round pick as well." (Chia's thought bubble - I finally won a trade. The fans and management are going to be so happy that I finally got a top d-man)

"Our Lord who art in Rexall, Connor be thy name"

Re: Klefbom has surgery, out for 6-8 weeks [message #728282 is a reply to message #725212 ]
Mon, 21 January 2019 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Hitch confirms today that Klefbom should be ready for the Philly game after the break

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Klefbom has surgery, out for 6-8 weeks [message #729280 is a reply to message #728282 ]
Fri, 01 February 2019 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

"Klefbom was on the ice for Friday’s 9 a.m. workout before the team flew to Philadelphia, but was seen grimacing when handling the puck, and participated in drills only sporadically, according to those in attendance."

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/oilers-looking-star-cent res-elevate-wingers/

My glimmer of hope is fading fast.

Re: Klefbom has surgery, out for 6-8 weeks [message #729281 is a reply to message #729280 ]
Fri, 01 February 2019 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Fri, 01 February 2019 12:09

"Klefbom was on the ice for Friday’s 9 a.m. workout before the team flew to Philadelphia, but was seen grimacing when handling the puck, and participated in drills only sporadically, according to those in attendance."

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/oilers-looking-star-cent res-elevate-wingers/

Hopefully they’re not rushing him back when he isn’t ready...

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Klefbom has surgery, out for 6-8 weeks [message #729283 is a reply to message #729281 ]
Fri, 01 February 2019 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Fri, 01 February 2019 11:12

GabbyDugan wrote on Fri, 01 February 2019 12:09

Hopefully they’re not rushing him back when he isn’t ready...

That doesn't sound like the Oilers.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Klefbom has surgery, out for 6-8 weeks [message #729284 is a reply to message #729280 ]
Fri, 01 February 2019 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Fri, 01 February 2019 11:09

Klefbom got hurt Dec 11. He's been out for 7 weeks. Why can't anything with this guy just go routinely? First of all as good as he is, if you look at the roster to start the year and had to bet on which player would get hurt, its him. Secondly, when he gets hurt, its never a sore muscle or a pull, or a bruise, it's a major one that requires some procedure that takes months. Third, when he gets hurt, he's not the type that heals fast. When every doc on the planet says it takes most people 6 weeks to recover, for the odd guy it's 8 weeks. He's going to be 8 weeks to recover and even that might not be enough to be 100%.

Re: Klefbom has surgery, out for 6-8 weeks [message #729286 is a reply to message #729284 ]
Fri, 01 February 2019 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 01 February 2019 11:23

Klefbom got hurt Dec 11. He's been out for 7 weeks. Why can't anything with this guy just go routinely? First of all as good as he is, if you look at the roster to start the year and had to bet on which player would get hurt, its him. Secondly, when he gets hurt, its never a sore muscle or a pull, or a bruise, it's a major one that requires some procedure that takes months. Third, when he gets hurt, he's not the type that heals fast. When every doc on the planet says it takes most people 6 weeks to recover, for the odd guy it's 8 weeks. He's going to be 8 weeks to recover and even that might not be enough to be 100%.

He broke multiple fingers didn't he? This is probably going according to routine.

Could have happened to anyone. Not sure getting hit directly into multiple fingers is something that is coded in someone DNA. And this stuff is always more likely to happen to the guy the coach is playing 30 mins a night in every situation.

We need him back, and players that can play like he can don't grow on trees. As Chia and this org has displayed over many of the last years, getting solid D is damn hard.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Klefbom has surgery, out for 6-8 weeks [message #729287 is a reply to message #729286 ]
Fri, 01 February 2019 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 01 February 2019 12:31

He broke multiple fingers didn't he? This is probably going according to routine.

Could have happened to anyone. Not sure getting hit directly into multiple fingers is something that is coded in someone DNA. And this stuff is always more likely to happen to the guy the coach is playing 30 mins a night in every situation.

We need him back, and players that can play like he can don't grow on trees. As Chia and this org has displayed over many of the last years, getting solid D is damn hard.

Believe it was both pinky and ring finger? IIRC

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Klefbom has surgery, out for 6-8 weeks [message #729288 is a reply to message #729286 ]
Fri, 01 February 2019 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 01 February 2019 11:31

It does seem very Oilers to be pushing him to be back - "I know you're hurt, but we're losing games here...and we pay you a lot of money to be healthy, and you're getting a reputation for being soft and injury-riddled..."

I hope that he isn't playing before he's ready and able to handle it. If he rushes back too soon, he's A) going to most likely struggle, and B) he's going to risk re-injury. And you can bet the team won't say anything if the fans get on him for not being the player he is when fully healthy...The Oilers should understand all of this by now, but it seems like they still have learned nothing.

I still think this is one of the areas where Lowe is a problem - he played in the Stanley Cup Finals with broken ribs, which shows tremendous courage and a ridiculous pain threshold, but it also makes him think everyone should be able to just suck it up and play, and I don't think that's the case.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Klefbom has surgery, out for 6-8 weeks [message #729290 is a reply to message #729288 ]
Fri, 01 February 2019 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stemhovlichski  is currently offline stemhovlichski

No Cups

"Sheldon, I know you're hurt, but we're losing games here...and we pay you a lot of money to be healthy, and you're getting a reputation for being soft and injury-riddled... I mean Ales, I mean Oscar... cough cough cough."

I hope they don''t play him out of desperation. Broken fingers and toes are the worst because there's nothing you can do to heal them except wait. My last couple were 8-10 weeks until they were useful again. Having him crack them again means he's done for the season or longer, so I guess it's the risk of not making the playoffs vs the risk of not playing again.

Depth. Needed. Just an idea.

Restored: "We're sucking hind banana here." - Pat Quinn, Jan 18, 2010

"...the Oilers have been rebuilding for so long that it’s hard not to be cynical." - NBC's Ryan Dadoun Jan 2, 2015

Re: Klefbom has surgery, out for 6-8 weeks [message #729296 is a reply to message #729290 ]
Fri, 01 February 2019 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Slim Jim Phantom Call  is currently offline Slim Jim Phantom Call

No Cups

stemhovlichski wrote on Fri, 01 February 2019 12:55

"Sheldon, I know you're hurt, but we're losing games here...and we pay you a lot of money to be healthy, and you're getting a reputation for being soft and injury-riddled... I mean Ales, I mean Oscar... cough cough cough."

I hope they don''t play him out of desperation. Broken fingers and toes are the worst because there's nothing you can do to heal them except wait. My last couple were 8-10 weeks until they were useful again. Having him crack them again means he's done for the season or longer, so I guess it's the risk of not making the playoffs vs the risk of not playing again.

Depth. Needed. Just an idea.

Craigs on it.

In fairness to Hall, I've wanted to throw a waterbottle at Eakins all season.
~nullterm 03/22/2014

Re: Klefbom has surgery, out for 6-8 weeks [message #729293 is a reply to message #729288 ]
Fri, 01 February 2019 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 01 February 2019 12:12

It does seem very Oilers to be pushing him to be back - "I know you're hurt, but we're losing games here...and we pay you a lot of money to be healthy, and you're getting a reputation for being soft and injury-riddled..."

I hope that he isn't playing before he's ready and able to handle it. If he rushes back too soon, he's A) going to most likely struggle, and B) he's going to risk re-injury. And you can bet the team won't say anything if the fans get on him for not being the player he is when fully healthy...The Oilers should understand all of this by now, but it seems like they still have learned nothing.

I still think this is one of the areas where Lowe is a problem - he played in the Stanley Cup Finals with broken ribs, which shows tremendous courage and a ridiculous pain threshold, but it also makes him think everyone should be able to just suck it up and play, and I don't think that's the case.

I think most players do come back before fingers are 100%. They tape them up, put some protection on and get back to it. Multiple fingers being broken is probably less common.

Hope they don't rush him where he's not comfortable playing. He had to get back on the ice eventually and test it out. Media guys fixated on how he showed a little pain with it.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Klefbom has surgery, out for 6-8 weeks [message #729297 is a reply to message #729293 ]
Fri, 01 February 2019 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 01 February 2019 14:06

I think most players do come back before fingers are 100%. They tape them up, put some protection on and get back to it. Multiple fingers being broken is probably less common.

Hope they don't rush him where he's not comfortable playing. He had to get back on the ice eventually and test it out. Media guys fixated on how he showed a little pain with it.

Perhaps he just has sex face when he makes plays... living up to the oscargasm

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Klefbom has surgery, out for 6-8 weeks [message #729544 is a reply to message #729288 ]
Mon, 04 February 2019 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

IF Klefbom plays on Tuesday and I have my doubts. That will be 8 weeks from Dec. I hardly call that "pushing him to be back".

Re: Klefbom has surgery, out for 6-8 weeks [message #729546 is a reply to message #729544 ]
Mon, 04 February 2019 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 04 February 2019 08:14

IF Klefbom plays on Tuesday and I have my doubts. That will be 8 weeks from Dec. I hardly call that "pushing him to be back".

If he's having trouble holding his stick it's pushing him to come back too soon, irrespective of how long it has been.

Re: Klefbom has surgery, out for 6-8 weeks [message #729292 is a reply to message #729286 ]
Fri, 01 February 2019 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

The solid D-man being brittle is a factor, and I think availability due to injury is an issue for Klefbom over his career.

Re: Klefbom has surgery, out for 6-8 weeks [message #729299 is a reply to message #729292 ]
Fri, 01 February 2019 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Fri, 01 February 2019 13:03

The solid D-man being brittle is a factor, and I think availability due to injury is an issue for Klefbom over his career.

Can we wait for his next injury that actually has something to do with being brittle before going nuts though? Took a shot to the hand. That's just something that can happen playing hockey, and Hitch was making sure he was playing a heck of a lot of hockey.

He hasn't been too bad the last few seasons. Played all 82 2 seasons ago. He should have got shoulder surgery that summer, but I'm assuming he didn't because we couldn't afford for him and Sek to be out to start that year, so we didn't push him enough to just get it fixed. His only issue last year was the shoulder injury he was playing through that ended up being fixed pretty well the next summer. Fault can go to both sides for not just getting that over with in the summer of 2017. This year he was fine until a fluke injury.

Not seeing a reason to be too down on the guys ability to play from these last 3 seasons. He's not Jason Allison where he seems to get a broken foot every time someone goes near him.

The guy I worry more about these days is Larsson. He's been fighting back injuries for years now, and his play is starting to go through noticeable bad stretches.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Klefbom has surgery, out for 6-8 weeks [message #729300 is a reply to message #729299 ]
Fri, 01 February 2019 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 01 February 2019 14:46

K.McC#24 wrote on Fri, 01 February 2019 13:03

Can we wait for his next injury that actually has something to do with being brittle before going nuts though? Took a shot to the hand. That's just something that can happen playing hockey, and Hitch was making sure he was playing a heck of a lot of hockey.

He hasn't been too bad the last few seasons. Played all 82 2 seasons ago. He should have got shoulder surgery that summer, but I'm assuming he didn't because we couldn't afford for him and Sek to be out to start that year, so we didn't push him enough to just get it fixed. His only issue last year was the shoulder injury he was playing through that ended up being fixed pretty well the next summer. Fault can go to both sides for not just getting that over with in the summer of 2017. This year he was fine until a fluke injury.

Not seeing a reason to be too down on the guys ability to play from these last 3 seasons. He's not Jason Allison where he seems to get a broken foot every time someone goes near him.

The guy I worry more about these days is Larsson. He's been fighting back injuries for years now, and his play is starting to go through noticeable bad stretches.

Let’s face it, if you were traded for Taylor Hall, one for one, your back would be pretty sore most of the time too icon_wink

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Klefbom has surgery, out for 6-8 weeks [message #729545 is a reply to message #729286 ]
Mon, 04 February 2019 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

I am not calling him soft or injury proned and suggesting they need to get rid of him. All I am saying is if there is a guy on the team where some freak accident happens, it's him. Guys get hit with a shot in places where there is zero padding all the time and come away with just a bruise, he gets hit in his padded glove in just the right spot and breaks 2 fingers. Its just unfortunate because he's really important to them.

Re: Klefbom has surgery, out for 6-8 weeks [message #729553 is a reply to message #729545 ]
Mon, 04 February 2019 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 04 February 2019 08:18

I am not calling him soft or injury proned and suggesting they need to get rid of him. All I am saying is if there is a guy on the team where some freak accident happens, it's him. Guys get hit with a shot in places where there is zero padding all the time and come away with just a bruise, he gets hit in his padded glove in just the right spot and breaks 2 fingers. Its just unfortunate because he's really important to them.

Not sure if I buy that by Klefbom being Klefbom he will get broken fingers from a direct shot to a perfect spot on his glove vs someone else taking the shot the same way. I really feel this is just a fluke, and Klef was more likely to be the victim of one simply because of the minutes he plays.

Nurse missed what, 3 months because of a shot block a couple years ago? Russell got hurt the same game as Klef and I think it's pretty clear the guy is still hurting. This stuff happens, and that's why teams stock up on D for any serious playoff run. I just don't think there is anything that unique about Klef these last few seasons. The surgery and infection stuff was definitely weird, but been a while since that. What's happened since has just been typical stuff that can happen to anyone. Not getting his shoulder fixed a year earlier than we did was dumb too for sure, but that's happened to other guys too. Nuge did the same, playing with a bum shoulder for in the shortened season because we needed him so badly.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Klefbom has surgery, out for 6-8 weeks [message #729562 is a reply to message #729553 ]
Mon, 04 February 2019 16:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 04 February 2019 11:16

Not sure if I buy that by Klefbom being Klefbom he will get broken fingers from a direct shot to a perfect spot on his glove vs someone else taking the shot the same way. I really feel this is just a fluke, and Klef was more likely to be the victim of one simply because of the minutes he plays.

Nurse missed what, 3 months because of a shot block a couple years ago? Russell got hurt the same game as Klef and I think it's pretty clear the guy is still hurting. This stuff happens, and that's why teams stock up on D for any serious playoff run. I just don't think there is anything that unique about Klef these last few seasons. The surgery and infection stuff was definitely weird, but been a while since that. What's happened since has just been typical stuff that can happen to anyone. Not getting his shoulder fixed a year earlier than we did was dumb too for sure, but that's happened to other guys too. Nuge did the same, playing with a bum shoulder for in the shortened season because we needed him so badly.

Nuge broke his hand blocking a shot and missed a couple months too. It’s probably an argument against shot blocking more than it is an indication of injury proneness.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Klefbom has surgery, out for 6-8 weeks [message #729575 is a reply to message #729562 ]
Mon, 04 February 2019 20:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xombie  is currently offline Xombie

No Cups

Perhaps Oscar is the Oiler's very own Ferris Bueller.

I don't doubt the injury happened of course, but maybe "soreness" and "discomfort" is a way of extending one's "day off".

Bob Marley and the (Hartford) Wailers.

Re: Klefbom has surgery, out for 6-8 weeks [message #729580 is a reply to message #729575 ]
Tue, 05 February 2019 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stemhovlichski  is currently offline stemhovlichski

No Cups

Xombie wrote on Mon, 04 February 2019 20:32

I don't doubt the injury happened of course, but maybe "soreness" and "discomfort" is a way of extending one's "day off".

I am on Oscar's side. He caught a slapshot that broke his fingers. In my case I had to bend a broken finger again by wrapping my hand around a baseball and cracking the tendons while pounding whiskey and peppermint schnapps. There was soreness and discomfort....and not enough whiskey.

Don't risk a opponent welcoming him back with a two-hander season-ender.

Restored: "We're sucking hind banana here." - Pat Quinn, Jan 18, 2010

"...the Oilers have been rebuilding for so long that it’s hard not to be cynical." - NBC's Ryan Dadoun Jan 2, 2015

Re: Klefbom has surgery, out for 6-8 weeks [message #729582 is a reply to message #729580 ]
Tue, 05 February 2019 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xombie  is currently offline Xombie

No Cups

stemhovlichski wrote on Tue, 05 February 2019 01:08

Xombie wrote on Mon, 04 February 2019 20:32

I am on Oscar's side. He caught a slapshot that broke his fingers. In my case I had to bend a broken finger again by wrapping my hand around a baseball and cracking the tendons while pounding whiskey and peppermint schnapps. There was soreness and discomfort....and not enough whiskey.

Don't risk a opponent welcoming him back with a two-hander season-ender.

Yeah we need Klef. Just a joke on the time he misses.

Bob Marley and the (Hartford) Wailers.

Re: Klefbom has surgery, out for 6-8 weeks [message #729652 is a reply to message #725212 ]
Tue, 05 February 2019 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Officially activated from IR per the Oilers Twitter Machine

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Klefbom has surgery, out for 6-8 weeks [message #729656 is a reply to message #729652 ]
Tue, 05 February 2019 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
philly boy  is currently offline philly boy

No Cups

I thought I heard just a few days ago he wasn’t ready. Couldn’t shoot the puck.

Re: Klefbom has surgery, out for 6-8 weeks [message #729658 is a reply to message #729656 ]
Tue, 05 February 2019 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

philly boy wrote on Tue, 05 February 2019 15:35

Me too! He was limited at practice and sat out on the weekend because he was having trouble with vibrations and shooting. I'm sure he's fine now.

Re: Klefbom has surgery, out for 6-8 weeks [message #729660 is a reply to message #729658 ]
Tue, 05 February 2019 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Tue, 05 February 2019 16:42

Me too! He was limited at practice and sat out on the weekend because he was having trouble with vibrations and shooting. I'm sure he's fine now.

I’ve spent some weekends in Montreal and let me tell you, I was in need of a good rest after all the vibrations and shootings I worked out.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Klefbom has surgery, out for 6-8 weeks [message #729661 is a reply to message #729660 ]
Tue, 05 February 2019 16:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
philly boy  is currently offline philly boy

No Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Tue, 05 February 2019 15:58

I’ve spent some weekends in Montreal and let me tell you, I was in need of a good rest after all the vibrations and shootings I worked out.

Best city in the country. Winters there are absolutely wretched tho.

Re: Klefbom has surgery, out for 6-8 weeks [message #729662 is a reply to message #729661 ]
Tue, 05 February 2019 16:47 Go to previous message

5 Cups

philly boy wrote on Tue, 05 February 2019 17:46

Oscargasm wrote on Tue, 05 February 2019 15:58

Best city in the country. Winters there are absolutely wretched tho.

Can’t be any worse than a Saskatchewan winter haha

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Previous Topic:GDT: Chicago @ Edmonton (Game #53)
Next Topic:Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #52)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca