Oilers » Oilers Sign Tobias Rieder
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Oilers Sign Tobias Rieder [message #716516]
Sun, 01 July 2018 12:19 Go to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

1 Cup

1 yr and 2 million per Dreger.

https://twitter.com/darrendreger/status/1013486553648320512? s=21

How could one doubt the braintrust of 6 Cups Kevin Lowe, MacT's E-MBA from Queens, Paul Coffey's skills coach resume, and drunk Gretzky?

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Oilers Sign Tobias Rieder [message #716517 is a reply to message #716516 ]
Sun, 01 July 2018 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

4 Cups

At least the guy is a burner and can PK well ... and its only a one year.
I can live with that..... as long as this doesn't set up another trademark P.C. "expect the unexpected " trade that does in the franchise for 5+ years. Man.. I'm getting so pessimistic..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks, K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier

Re: Oilers Sign Tobias Rieder [message #716520 is a reply to message #716516 ]
Sun, 01 July 2018 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ziltoid  is currently offline ziltoid

No Cups

This I am okay with. Still young, decent numbers, 1-year deal at a price reasonable for a 25+ point guy than can PK. Seems like a stop-gap to see if Cagguila can turn into him next year.

Is this PC realizing you can't just pencil player growth into the line-up? Cagguila may not be more than a 4th liner, so they find a legit 3rd liner instead?

Re: Oilers Sign Tobias Rieder [message #716528 is a reply to message #716516 ]
Sun, 01 July 2018 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

1 Cup

Yeah I like this deal. Rieder has a nice body of work and is only 25. And the best part is that he can no longer score 2 shorthanded goals against us in the same shift.

How could one doubt the braintrust of 6 Cups Kevin Lowe, MacT's E-MBA from Queens, Paul Coffey's skills coach resume, and drunk Gretzky?

Re: Oilers Sign Tobias Rieder [message #716541 is a reply to message #716516 ]
Sun, 01 July 2018 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

2 Cups

He'll be a UFA at the end of this, but I like it too. It's using the money you have wisely. Short-term, reasonable cap hit, reasonable expectation for him to bounce back into the mid-30s for points. Can penalty kill.

Oilers are a little deep on LW (Nugent-Hopkins, Lucic, Rieder, Khaira, Caggiula) and the RW is more in flux (Rattie, Puljujarvi, Aberg, Kassian), so I imagine someone likely flips to the right side, and my guess is it's likely Rieder who gets the bump into the Top-9.

PC did okay today.

Re: Oilers Sign Tobias Rieder [message #716565 is a reply to message #716541 ]
Sun, 01 July 2018 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Magnum  is currently offline Magnum

2 Cups

mightyreasoner wrote on Sun, 01 July 2018 14:48

He'll be a UFA at the end of this, but I like it too. It's using the money you have wisely. Short-term, reasonable cap hit, reasonable expectation for him to bounce back into the mid-30s for points. Can penalty kill.

Oilers are a little deep on LW (Nugent-Hopkins, Lucic, Rieder, Khaira, Caggiula) and the RW is more in flux (Rattie, Puljujarvi, Aberg, Kassian), so I imagine someone likely flips to the right side, and my guess is it's likely Rieder who gets the bump into the Top-9.

PC did okay today.

Is that the worst right wing depth in the league?

2015/2016 - This Kool-Aid tastes like McDavid flavoured Drain-O.

2016/2017 - This Kool-Aid is starting to taste like juice.

2017/2018 - I'm drinking this Kool-Aid hoping it's Drain-O.

Re: Oilers Sign Tobias Rieder [message #716555 is a reply to message #716516 ]
Sun, 01 July 2018 15:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rocksteady  is currently offline Rocksteady

2 Cups

I am...

very okay with this. 1 year deal? Even better. Let's see if he's a fit! It's a "show me" contract for certain.

The very definition of insanity is doing the exact same thing expecting different results.

Generally Disappointed.

Re: Oilers Sign Tobias Rieder [message #716566 is a reply to message #716516 ]
Sun, 01 July 2018 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam is currently online Adam

6 Cups

Today was a complete repudiation of Steve Tambellini's time with the Oilers:

June 27, 2009 - Tambellini trades Kyle Brodziak and a 2009 6th round pick (Darcy Kuemper) to Minnesota for a 2009 4th round pick (Kyle Bigos) and a 2009 5th round pick (Olivier Roy).

March 29, 2013 - Tambellini deals Tobias Rieder to Phoenix for Kale Kessy.

Pretty impressive couple of trades. Brodziak has played in 672 NHL games since leaving the Oilers. Rieder has played in 312. Darcy Kuemper has played in 131 too (and in a weird twist, was traded for Rieder this February). That's an impressive 1115 NHL games between the trio. And the three guys Tambo picked up?

Olivier Roy and Kale Kessy never got a sniff in the big leagues. Bigos only ever managed to play 8 AHL games! Bigos and Kessy are still in the ECHL, Roy's moved to Europe, and now the chickens have finally come home to roost.

"This team needs an enema!"
#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan #FireBobbyNicks

Re: Oilers Sign Tobias Rieder [message #716591 is a reply to message #716566 ]
Mon, 02 July 2018 19:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 02 July 2018 01:53

June 27, 2009 - Tambellini trades Kyle Brodziak and a 2009 6th round pick (Darcy Kuemper) to Minnesota for a 2009 4th round pick (Kyle Bigos) and a 2009 5th round pick (Olivier Roy).

Pretty impressive couple of trades. Brodziak has played in 672 NHL games since leaving the Oilers. Rieder has played in 312. Darcy Kuemper has played in 131 too (and in a weird twist, was traded for Rieder this February). That's an impressive 1115 NHL games between the trio. And the three guys Tambo picked up?

Olivier Roy and Kale Kessy never got a sniff in the big leagues. Bigos only ever managed to play 8 AHL games! Bigos and Kessy are still in the ECHL, Roy's moved to Europe, and now the chickens have finally come home to roost.

Remember when I used to call you Pom-poms? Tambo and PC have really done a number on you, haven't they? (yes RDO, Adam was an over the top optimist back in the day). Anyway, I need you to go back towards that a little bit - your posts are freaking depressing now.

Re: Oilers Sign Tobias Rieder [message #716594 is a reply to message #716591 ]
Mon, 02 July 2018 20:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam is currently online Adam

6 Cups

Mike wrote on Mon, 02 July 2018 19:06

Adam wrote on Mon, 02 July 2018 01:53

Remember when I used to call you Pom-poms? Tambo and PC have really done a number on you, haven't they? (yes RDO, Adam was an over the top optimist back in the day). Anyway, I need you to go back towards that a little bit - your posts are freaking depressing now.

Well, this shows real progress, doesn't it? I mean, here we have the Oilers almost admitting they were really wrong! Of course, it would all be Tambo's fault, and he's the only one who doesn't still have a job in the organization...but still...it gives you hope that in another 6 or 7 years, they'll realize they totally screwed up the Hall trade too...

"This team needs an enema!"
#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan #FireBobbyNicks

Re: Oilers Sign Tobias Rieder [message #716595 is a reply to message #716594 ]
Tue, 03 July 2018 08:07 Go to previous message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

2 Cups

I am shocked by this signing. He brings everything the Oilers needed, speed, has some skill, has some offensive ability, a guy that can play up and down your lines, kills penalties. I thought for sure he would get more years and more money. Maybe his buddy Leon convinced him to sign. Great signing!!

Previous Topic:Brodziak for 2 yrs, 2.3M
Next Topic:Gryba on waivers for purpose of buyout.
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2018.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca