This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » McDavid named a Ted Lindsay Award finalist
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 McDavid named a Ted Lindsay Award finalist [message #713977]
Fri, 27 April 2018 10:14 Go to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/connor-mcdavid-nathan-ma ckinnon-taylor-hall-named-finalists-ted-lindsay-award/

Along with MacKinnon and some other guy I never heard of.

Nice that players don't seem to follow a mantra that a player can't be great if the rest of his team isn't good. Doubting McDavid will be in the top 3 for the Hart.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Send a private message to this user  

Re: McDavid named a Ted Lindsay Award finalist [message #713978 is a reply to message #713977 ]
Fri, 27 April 2018 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Those are the 3 guys I would have picked. Hall got the Devils into the playoffs almost all by himself. If MacKinnon just has an average year, the Avs aren't even close. Then McDavid wins the art ross by 6 pts and is 6th in goals and he is the best player in the league. It's not just fault his team sucked this year.

Re: McDavid named a Ted Lindsay Award finalist [message #713981 is a reply to message #713977 ]
Fri, 27 April 2018 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi is currently online CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 27 April 2018 10:14

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/connor-mcdavid-nathan-ma ckinnon-taylor-hall-named-finalists-ted-lindsay-award/

Nice that players don't seem to follow a mantra that a player can't be great if the rest of his team isn't good. Doubting McDavid will be in the top 3 for the Hart.

It is weird the NHL only announced two player nominations for the Lindsay. Aren't there usually three nominees?

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: McDavid named a Ted Lindsay Award finalist [message #713983 is a reply to message #713981 ]
Fri, 27 April 2018 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 27 April 2018 10:27

It is weird the NHL only announced two player nominations for the Lindsay. Aren't there usually three nominees?

Yeah, I guess the NHL is just trying to mix things up, like with their broken up lottery winner announcements.

For the Hart too, it seems like there is a shot they will be leaving the 2017/18 entry on the trophy blank based on what a lot of the popular media guys have been saying.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: McDavid named a Ted Lindsay Award finalist [message #713987 is a reply to message #713983 ]
Fri, 27 April 2018 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 27 April 2018 10:40

Yeah, I guess the NHL is just trying to mix things up, like with their broken up lottery winner announcements.

For the Hart too, it seems like there is a shot they will be leaving the 2017/18 entry on the trophy blank based on what a lot of the popular media guys have been saying.

This is a smart move. The best player in the league finished ~47 points out of the playoffs, so I understand why no one can win the Hart this year.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: McDavid named a Ted Lindsay Award finalist [message #713988 is a reply to message #713987 ]
Fri, 27 April 2018 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 27 April 2018 10:52

This is a smart move. The best player in the league finished ~47 points out of the playoffs, so I understand why no one can win the Hart this year.

Jack Eichel is the best player in the league?

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: McDavid named a Ted Lindsay Award finalist [message #713989 is a reply to message #713988 ]
Fri, 27 April 2018 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 27 April 2018 10:59

He wasn't nominated for the Lindsay.

No no, I was speaking of the Oilers and Mr. McDavid. The playoff cut line was the Avs 95 points, but the Oilers were functionally eliminated in December when they had ~48 points. Ipso facto the Oilers missed the playoffs by roughly 47 points.

Re: McDavid named a Ted Lindsay Award finalist [message #713990 is a reply to message #713989 ]
Fri, 27 April 2018 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 27 April 2018 11:06

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 27 April 2018 10:59

He wasn't nominated for the Lindsay.

No no, I was speaking of the Oilers and Mr. McDavid. The playoff cut line was the Avs 95 points, but the Oilers were functionally eliminated in December when they had ~48 points. Ipso facto the Oilers missed the playoffs by roughly 47 points.

That's a pretty big miss. Clearly we deserve to win another lottery.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: McDavid named a Ted Lindsay Award finalist [message #736437 is a reply to message #713990 ]
Thu, 25 April 2019 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

No Cups

And McDavid is up for the Ted Lindsay Award again this season. He is up against Kucherov and Kane.

https://www.tsn.ca/kane-kucherov-mcdavid-named-lindsay-award -finalists-1.1296163

Hoping McDavid is awarded this one, which I think is more meaningful than the Hart Trophy. When I take off my orange and blue glasses, I have to think Kucherov will get a whack of votes.

Re: McDavid named a Ted Lindsay Award finalist [message #736438 is a reply to message #736437 ]
Thu, 25 April 2019 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Thu, 25 April 2019 14:02

And McDavid is up for the Ted Lindsay Award again this season. He is up against Kucherov and Kane.

https://www.tsn.ca/kane-kucherov-mcdavid-named-lindsay-award -finalists-1.1296163

Hoping McDavid is awarded this one, which I think is more meaningful than the Hart Trophy. When I take off my orange and blue glasses, I have to think Kucherov will get a whack of votes.

I don't see him three-peating. It's great that he's on the ballot again, but Kucherov had an incredible year. His 128 points are the highest single-season total since Mario Lemieux (161) in 1995-96.

It would be incredible if he doesn't get the nod.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: McDavid named a Ted Lindsay Award finalist [message #736439 is a reply to message #736438 ]
Thu, 25 April 2019 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 25 April 2019 14:32

I don't see him three-peating. It's great that he's on the ballot again, but Kucherov had an incredible year. His 128 points are the highest single-season total since Mario Lemieux (161) in 1995-96.

Only hope is players realize how many 2nd assists Kucherov racked up :) McDavid I think had the most primary points since Jagr over a decade ago. If McDavid played for Tampa, he would probably be in the 140+ range for points. If anyone gets how teammate quality matters, I guess it would be the players. No doubt Kucherov runs away with the Hart vote.

[Updated on: Thu, 25 April 2019 14:36]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: McDavid named a Ted Lindsay Award finalist [message #736440 is a reply to message #736439 ]
Thu, 25 April 2019 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 25 April 2019 14:34

Adam wrote on Thu, 25 April 2019 14:32

Only hope is players realize how many 2nd assists Kucherov racked up :) McDavid I think had the most primary points since Jagr over a decade ago. If McDavid played for Tampa, he would probably be in the 140+ range for points. If anyone gets how teammate quality matters, I guess it would be the players. No doubt Kucherov runs away with the Hart vote.

Kucherov definitely wins the Hart because his team made the playoffs and then lost in the 1st round, which we all know is the standard for Hart trophy winners.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: McDavid named a Ted Lindsay Award finalist [message #736441 is a reply to message #736438 ]
Thu, 25 April 2019 14:56 Go to previous message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 25 April 2019 13:32

Kucherov should get it. But you can't help and wonder what the race is like if McDavid plays a full season. Missed 4 games due to illness/suspension.

McDavid was 12th in PP points, 15 behind Kucherov in 1st. I was going to make an argument that McDavid could have benefited from a better powerplay, but I was surprised to see a 9th place powerplay from the Oilers. The PK on the other hand...30th.

Clean house or bust

Previous Topic:McDavid a Hart Trophy Finalist
Next Topic:NHL Draft Lottery 2019
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca