Oilers » Steve Macintyre on waivers
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Steve Macintyre on waivers [message #615798]
Thu, 21 November 2013 10:58 Go to next message
eedok  is currently offline eedok

No Cups

Quote:

‏@OilersNow
Oilers have placed F Steve MacIntyre on waivers.

Appears confirmed that Gazdic took his job

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Steve Macintyre on waivers [message #615801 is a reply to message #615798 ]
Thu, 21 November 2013 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JPro  is currently offline JPro

No Cups

Money well spent

Re: Steve Macintyre on waivers [message #615803 is a reply to message #615801 ]
Thu, 21 November 2013 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

4 Cups

JPro wrote on Thu, 21 November 2013 11:24

Money well spent

In fairness to MacT no one here even considered it might have been a totally useless signing at the time.

WAC's and GAB's. WAC's and GAB's.

Re: Steve Macintyre on waivers [message #615805 is a reply to message #615803 ]
Thu, 21 November 2013 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Magnum  is currently offline Magnum

4 Cups

MacIntyre made $182,317 from the injury. Almost half the price of a decent house. Nice head start. That on top of the other $1.5 million he's earned. Well played Steve... and MacT.

In MacT's actual defense, he smartened up. There is a light on.

Learning is the most important part of learning basic defence.

Re: Steve Macintyre on waivers [message #615806 is a reply to message #615805 ]
Thu, 21 November 2013 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

Magnum wrote on Thu, 21 November 2013 11:53

MacIntyre made $182,317 from the injury. Almost half the price of a decent house. Nice head start. That on top of the other $1.5 million he's earned. Well played Steve... and MacT.

The man did also get rid of Grebs, so there's more proof that he may in fact know what he's doing, sort of. That Perron trade has given him quite a bit of leeway in my eyes, though.

"Life is warfare and the sojourn of a stranger in a strange land." - Marcus Aurelius

Re: Steve Macintyre on waivers [message #615809 is a reply to message #615805 ]
Thu, 21 November 2013 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve  is currently offline Steve

No Cups

Magnum wrote on Thu, 21 November 2013 10:53

Being able to admit you've made mistakes and learn from them is an important quality of a NHL GM. Picking up SMac reeked of a rookie GM move.

It was a total waste of a contract spot on the 50-man list, and some actual dollars wasted, though I'm not sure Katz cares. Let's not do this again shall we.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."

- Calvin

Re: Steve Macintyre on waivers [message #615810 is a reply to message #615809 ]
Thu, 21 November 2013 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

Steve wrote on Thu, 21 November 2013 13:08

Being able to admit you've made mistakes and learn from them is an important quality of a NHL GM. Picking up SMac reeked of a rookie GM move.

It was a total waste of a contract spot on the 50-man list, and some actual dollars wasted, though I'm not sure Katz cares. Let's not do this again shall we.

Internet rumour alert::: I'm hearing rumblings Katz is starting to notice the big time dollars he is spending on this last place team. An internal player budget may be looming.

Re: Steve Macintyre on waivers [message #615813 is a reply to message #615810 ]
Thu, 21 November 2013 16:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bigEfromGP  is currently offline bigEfromGP

2 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 21 November 2013 13:26

Internet rumour alert::: I'm hearing rumblings Katz is starting to notice the big time dollars he is spending on this last place team. An internal player budget may be looming.

Legit you heard this?

oilerinvan should never leave Oilfans.

Re: Steve Macintyre on waivers [message #615814 is a reply to message #615813 ]
Thu, 21 November 2013 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

bigEfromGP wrote on Thu, 21 November 2013 16:11

Legit you heard this?

Yes, but with the caveat that it's third hand information. I've just learned that with the Oilers it's better to start considering the negative as possible sooner rather than later. Smoke and fire and all that.

Re: Steve Macintyre on waivers [message #615815 is a reply to message #615814 ]
Thu, 21 November 2013 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JPro  is currently offline JPro

No Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 21 November 2013 16:18

Legit you heard this?

Yes, but with the caveat that it's third hand information. I've just learned that with the Oilers it's better to start considering the negative as possible sooner rather than later. Smoke and fire and all that.

"Internal player budget"? I got a great way to save money AND actually improve your team: KLowe yo!

Re: Steve Macintyre on waivers [message #615816 is a reply to message #615815 ]
Thu, 21 November 2013 17:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

6 Cups

JPro wrote on Thu, 21 November 2013 15:26

Legit you heard this?

"Internal player budget"? I got a great way to save money AND actually improve your team: KLowe yo!

How about hiring competent management to oversee the budget? No?

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Steve Macintyre on waivers [message #615819 is a reply to message #615816 ]
Thu, 21 November 2013 18:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

2 Cups

nullterm wrote on Thu, 21 November 2013 17:24

Legit you heard this?

Woah, hold on there now cowboy!!

Back-to-back prediction champ

Re: Steve Macintyre on waivers [message #615945 is a reply to message #615819 ]
Sun, 24 November 2013 17:33 Go to previous message
Magnum  is currently offline Magnum

4 Cups

Suomalainen wrote on Thu, 21 November 2013 18:54

Legit you heard this?

Woah, hold on there now cowboy!!

I think the best way to save money is to make money, and the best way to make money is to sign as many longshots as possible, and hope one of them pans out.

Learning is the most important part of learning basic defence.

Re: Steve Macintyre on waivers [message #615821 is a reply to message #615816 ]
Thu, 21 November 2013 19:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

No, no, we can't have anyone making sense in the Oil organization. It has to remain a madhouse. A MADHOUSE!!

"Life is warfare and the sojourn of a stranger in a strange land." - Marcus Aurelius

Previous Topic:Bryzgalov and the media...
Next Topic:Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #24)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright OilFans.com 1996-2013.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca