This day on September 2
None

Happy Birthday To: bigdave, Comriefan, oilfandan, mickop, 5cupsgoingon6

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Edmonton @ Tampa Bay (Game #17)Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Review: Edmonton @ Tampa Bay (Game #17) [message #613674 is a reply to message #613672 ]
Thu, 07 November 2013 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JPro  is currently offline JPro

No Cups

Dr. Oil wrote on Thu, 07 November 2013 21:56

NetBOG wrote on Thu, 07 November 2013 20:25

Gazdic was in the lineup.

Was he? I didn't see him once in the period and a half that I watched. Really those goon acquisitions are just puzzling.

Two minutes and thirty two seconds. Big night!

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Tampa Bay (Game #17) [message #613678 is a reply to message #613674 ]
Thu, 07 November 2013 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

JPro wrote on Thu, 07 November 2013 22:21

Dr. Oil wrote on Thu, 07 November 2013 21:56

NetBOG wrote on Thu, 07 November 2013 20:25

Gazdic was in the lineup.

Was he? I didn't see him once in the period and a half that I watched. Really those goon acquisitions are just puzzling.

Two minutes and thirty two seconds. Big night!

No hits on 5 shifts....that and the fact they are down most of the game would have Gazdic sitting. Being an energy player and not bringing energy should sit you down, that's why Eager's in the PB. Maybe Eakins is resting him for Philly.... icon_lol

I notice Ryan Jones only played 6 min and change, injury or ineffective?

[Updated on: Thu, 07 November 2013 22:45]

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Tampa Bay (Game #17) [message #613681 is a reply to message #613678 ]
Fri, 08 November 2013 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oilfanforever!!  is currently offline Oilfanforever!!

1 Cup

This loss wasn`t all on Dubnyk but at least 90% of it was...you can see it in his body language, the guy`s confidence is completely gone!!

In his defense though, Yak needs to `take a hit to make a play`on that first Stamkos goal, and then the 2nd goal - Ference feeds it to Ebs with a shot at waist level and then Eberle decides to bobble it with his stick and then gets his pocket picked in the process!!

The best part was when the camera panned to Eakins on the bench who dropped an f-bomb after that 2nd goal!!

For my money, this team has its share of issues, but Dubey is right near the top and has to be playing a backup role plain and simple...my gut tells me we will be stuck with him until the summer when we go hard after Hiller.

Mgmt is waaaay to stubborn and proud to admit they put their money on the wrong guy!!

Pride and egos from our mgmt group will do more damage to this team then the on ice play ever will!!

"I hope that went well. ... that's the team I want to go to..." -Taylor Hall.

...asked if he was excited for the draft to be over, Yakupov said: "It's not over. It's just starting."

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Tampa Bay (Game #17) [message #613684 is a reply to message #613631 ]
Fri, 08 November 2013 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner is currently online mightyreasoner

2 Cups

Recorded this one and fell asleep half way through.

That Eberle giveaway was one of the ugliest I've seen in a while. At least with the Yakupov giveaway, you knew what was going through his head. I have no idea why Eberle decided it was a good time to go all Harlem Globetrotters in his own end. Get the freaking puck out. He's been putting up points, but he's been really frustrating me with his play a lot. That giveaway last night WAS NOT good hockey sense.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Tampa Bay (Game #17) [message #613685 is a reply to message #613684 ]
Fri, 08 November 2013 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Magnum  is currently offline Magnum

4 Cups

That kind of junk is what's frustrated me all along with Hemsky.

Learning is the most important part of learning basic defence.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Tampa Bay (Game #17) [message #613691 is a reply to message #613685 ]
Fri, 08 November 2013 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Team Dean  is currently offline Team Dean

1 Cup

Maybe Eakins would consider line matching as a possibility moreso now?
I mean Yak should not be out against STamkos at all. Nightmare.

At least Ralph protected yak, and look at the better results he got from him.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Tampa Bay (Game #17) [message #613697 is a reply to message #613631 ]
Fri, 08 November 2013 09:52 Go to previous message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Everyone's talking about Dubnyk today (heard a lot about him on the drive in to work listening to the radio), but I think turnovers, specifically to one of the best players in the league, were the reason we lost. That and a stellar performance by Ben Bishop, who was fantastic last night backing up a Lightning team that leaked chances.

The first goal was a mistake by both Hall and Yakupov. Hall's pass was basically a suicide special, and wasn't to the stick. If it's on the tape, maybe Yakupov has time to make a play on it. Yakupov goofed it up from there, losing the puck when avoiding what could have been a very big hit. The shot was great. There's no blaming Dubnyk on a shot through the legs of the defenceman off the goalpost.

The second goal was yet another cute move from Eberle that didn't work. Most of his tricky moves have been tried in the offensive zone, and while they still drive me nuts when he does them over and over, especially when they don't work, at least they're a long way from our goal. Trying to flip up the puck and finesse it past Steven Stamkos in our own zone? Stupid move. Maybe Dubnyk could have had that one, but I don't think it was a dreadful goal and if we don't gift the puck to the best player on the ice, we're probably okay there.

I think it's worth noting that there were FOUR giveaways in our own zone to Stamkos in the first period alone last night. Dubnyk actually stopped two of them but he's not a guy you can gift chances to and expect it's not going to burn you.

The third goal was not a bad goal by Dubnyk either. Another point blank chance allowed.

Bishop was great though, stopping breakaways, 2-on-1s, one-timers...sometimes you just meet a goalie who is in the zone.

Also didn't love Eberle's play with the goalie pulled. Tried a move, lost the puck, floated through centre with his stick off the ice and had Fedun's wish-and-a-prayer pass go past him without making even an effort to get to it.

Eberle is not playing smart hockey right now. He's getting a tonne of icetime, and has managed to put up a few points, but that doesn't mean he's playing well. Too much individual play and too many trick moves without success. He needs to simplify things and go to the net, rather than trying to undress every defenceman.

#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireEakins #FireActon #FireSmith #FireBuchberger #FireMoores #Burnitdown #KeepJoey

Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]  
Previous Topic:Dubnyk
Next Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Tampa Bay (Game #17)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2014.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca