This day on April 25
None

Happy Birthday To: Scott, kayla_foley

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #9)Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Review: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #9) [message #610840 is a reply to message #610786 ]
Sat, 19 October 2013 19:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

That's what the Oilers are looking for out of a starting goaltender on the road. Safe to say Doobie helped steal this one out of Ottawa, who held the balance of play.

The Oilers had a couple golden opportunities to put this one out of reach earlier, that 5 on 3 in the third would have been one of them.

Hopefully Hall's knee is just a bruise from an impact, didn't seem from the replay that ligaments would have been stretched to the point of tearing or even straining. Probably some swelling and a game or two out as precaution.....fingers crossed.

Another half-decent effort in Montreal from Dubnyk would give the Oilers a chance to win. That's all anyone's looking for at this point.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #9) [message #610843 is a reply to message #610840 ]
Sat, 19 October 2013 21:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
halfafrog  is currently offline halfafrog

1 Cup

Step in the right direction. I don't care how they win. I want MacT to get a few more guys like Perron that really rub the other team the wrong way and get them off their game. He was the only guy going to the net for a while and now other guys are too. Just need more of that.

Didn't like the goal Dubnyk let in. Another "ducking" goal....at 6'5" if he could just stand there. Sometimes I think he needs to be more of a hybrid vs butterfly goalie and hopefully not be down too much.

Lowe

Lower

Lowest

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #9) [message #610846 is a reply to message #610843 ]
Sat, 19 October 2013 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bigEfromGP  is currently offline bigEfromGP

2 Cups

halfafrog wrote on Sat, 19 October 2013 21:17

Step in the right direction. I don't care how they win. I want MacT to get a few more guys like Perron that really rub the other team the wrong way and get them off their game. He was the only guy going to the net for a while and now other guys are too. Just need more of that.

Didn't like the goal Dubnyk let in. Another "ducking" goal....at 6'5" if he could just stand there. Sometimes I think he needs to be more of a hybrid vs butterfly goalie and hopefully not be down too much.

That goal was pure fluke; Dubnyk did as good as anyone could on that. A shot, rebounded high, onto a stick/glove, stopped and rebounded high again, rolls up, and he almost has it but a stick/elbow pushes it in.

There is no possible way to really complain about that goal.

oilerinvan should never leave Oilfans.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #9) [message #610849 is a reply to message #610846 ]
Sun, 20 October 2013 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

6 Cups

bigEfromGP wrote on Sat, 19 October 2013 22:30

halfafrog wrote on Sat, 19 October 2013 21:17

That goal was pure fluke; Dubnyk did as good as anyone could on that. A shot, rebounded high, onto a stick/glove, stopped and rebounded high again, rolls up, and he almost has it but a stick/elbow pushes it in.

There is no possible way to really complain about that goal.

Anytime the puck is around the net that close, 19/20 it's going in at ice level Smyth-style (unless it's Eberle with his phantom top corner from 2ft away) so the best option is to have the pads down.

If a goalie can make a point blank save on a baseball swing then he just earned highlight of the year.

Dubnyk looked shakey in the first, but still did a great job keeping the puck outta the net. Hopefully that was his turn around game.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #9) [message #610864 is a reply to message #610849 ]
Sun, 20 October 2013 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

6 Cups

Hall headed back to Edmonton for further evaluation of his left knee.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #9) [message #610866 is a reply to message #610864 ]
Sun, 20 October 2013 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

2 Cups

nullterm wrote on Sun, 20 October 2013 11:57

Hall headed back to Edmonton for further evaluation of his left knee.

Hall sent home for MRI.
The fact they are sending him for an MRI isn't great, means it is bad enough that it didn't clear up overnight, and might be structural. Further look at that hit shows it was a knee on knee, should be reviewed by the league, led with the knee right into the side of Hall's knee, likley outside medial colateral ligament strain/tear. Hope they keep him out until he is 110%.

Hall has to start bringing the lumber up, take out some teeth on occasion, guys come across on him for kill shots every game, its a certainty that he'll get badly injured eventually.

Also, Ebs sat out practice, been taking a beating, he's not 100%.

Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #9) [message #610875 is a reply to message #610840 ]
Sun, 20 October 2013 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mars  is currently offline Mars

No Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Sat, 19 October 2013 19:11

That's what the Oilers are looking for out of a starting goaltender on the road. Safe to say Doobie helped steal this one out of Ottawa, who held the balance of play.

The Oilers had a couple golden opportunities to put this one out of reach earlier, that 5 on 3 in the third would have been one of them.

Hopefully Hall's knee is just a bruise from an impact, didn't seem from the replay that ligaments would have been stretched to the point of tearing or even straining. Probably some swelling and a game or two out as precaution.....fingers crossed.

Another half-decent effort in Montreal from Dubnyk would give the Oilers a chance to win. That's all anyone's looking for at this point.

The way Hall was hit and the way he reacted the next shift I thought of a possible meniscus issue. But I'm not a real doctor, I just play one on the internet. icon_lol

Anyhow, we are all hoping for the best.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #9) [message #610888 is a reply to message #610875 ]
Sun, 20 October 2013 19:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ChasinStanley  is currently offline ChasinStanley

2 Cups

Watch the replay of him trying to shoot after he comes out of the box, when he loads up the leg the knee collapses and his lower leg heads straight out to the side, that to me says ligament damage.

Taylor Hall, June 25 2010

With the five Cups they won it would mean a lot to me to join their organization, hopefully bring another one up there. That is the ultimate goal for me and the franchise

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #9) [message #610891 is a reply to message #610888 ]
Mon, 21 October 2013 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

ChasinStanley wrote on Sun, 20 October 2013 18:43

Watch the replay of him trying to shoot after he comes out of the box, when he loads up the leg the knee collapses and his lower leg heads straight out to the side, that to me says ligament damage.

Yeah, I saw the same thing, although, when you initiate that shot you drive your outside knee in, to lean into the shot, just hoping the camera angle mad eit look worse than it was. You'd think he would have felt it when he was in the P. box if it was real bad. Fingers crossed.

That was a dirty hit, two in the last 3 games, especially that one against the Capitals when Chimera drove J. Schultz from behind into the boards behind the Oil net, puck wasn't anywhere near, could have been a major injury. No call from Shanni TV.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #9) [message #610892 is a reply to message #610891 ]
Mon, 21 October 2013 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hibernia  is currently offline Hibernia

1 Cup

Having had some ligament issues in high school, I can tell you that you can still do quite a bit even with your MCL is bad shape. I did something to mine (bad sprain, mild tear) in high school and I could still run... but I had almost no ability to turn once I was at speed.

Hopefully Hall's injury is minor and he'll only miss a couple of games. But those things have a habit of recurring if not healed properly. (I didn't let mine heal properly and I was more than two years having relapses.)

Kool-Aid Addict!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #9) [message #610894 is a reply to message #610892 ]
Mon, 21 October 2013 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

4 Cups

Hibernia wrote on Mon, 21 October 2013 06:17

Having had some ligament issues in high school, I can tell you that you can still do quite a bit even with your MCL is bad shape. I did something to mine (bad sprain, mild tear) in high school and I could still run... but I had almost no ability to turn once I was at speed.

Hopefully Hall's injury is minor and he'll only miss a couple of games. But those things have a habit of recurring if not healed properly. (I didn't let mine heal properly and I was more than two years having relapses.)

If there's one thing we know about the Oilers is they always, ALWAYS, take care of there players when injured. Especially young guys and core guys. I can't think of one situation where a guy has been pressured to play when it was detrimental to his health.

If Hall plays Thursday, I't not surprised.

WAC's and GAB's. WAC's and GAB's.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #9) [message #610895 is a reply to message #610894 ]
Mon, 21 October 2013 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bigEfromGP  is currently offline bigEfromGP

2 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Mon, 21 October 2013 07:19

If there's one thing we know about the Oilers is they always, ALWAYS, take care of there players when injured. Especially young guys and core guys. I can't think of one situation where a guy has been pressured to play when it was detrimental to his health.

Hey, Lowe has 6 Cup rings, so I think he knows a little bit about the human muscle/skeletal system and modern day medicine.

oilerinvan should never leave Oilfans.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #9) [message #610897 is a reply to message #610895 ]
Mon, 21 October 2013 07:58 Go to previous message
Skoobz  is currently offline Skoobz

2 Cups

bigEfromGP wrote on Mon, 21 October 2013 07:46

CrusaderPi wrote on Mon, 21 October 2013 07:19

Hey, Lowe has 6 Cup rings, so I think he knows a little bit about the human muscle/skeletal system and modern day medicine.

I guffawed at this. Nice one. icon_lol

"I'm not reading Skoobz' banter." - NotLeeFogolin
The 2013-14 Edmonton Oilers... Breaking Ekblad

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #9) [message #610862 is a reply to message #610786 ]
Sun, 20 October 2013 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilfaninstoon  is currently offline oilfaninstoon

No Cups

Nice touch by Eakins to let N Schultz know he was a healthy scratch via text message. Surprised it wasn't Skype

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #9) [message #610865 is a reply to message #610862 ]
Sun, 20 October 2013 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

2 Cups

oilfaninstoon wrote on Sun, 20 October 2013 11:36

Nice touch by Eakins to let N Schultz know he was a healthy scratch via text message. Surprised it wasn't Skype

Tried searching for this and couldn't find anything. Source?

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #9) [message #610867 is a reply to message #610862 ]
Sun, 20 October 2013 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

oilfaninstoon wrote on Sun, 20 October 2013 11:36

Schultz is a big boy.
Anyways I read that Eakins talked to Schultz about the scratch, so not sure if the text story is correct.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #9) [message #610868 is a reply to message #610867 ]
Sun, 20 October 2013 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilfaninstoon  is currently offline oilfaninstoon

No Cups

I follow his brother on twitter. It's true.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #9) [message #610869 is a reply to message #610868 ]
Sun, 20 October 2013 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

oilfaninstoon wrote on Sun, 20 October 2013 13:03

I follow his brother on twitter. It's true.

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/2013/10/19/edmonton-oilers- head-coach-dallas-eakins-on-wasted-power-play-opportunity-it -was-like-i-had-spoken-a-different-language-to-them/

Quote:

He played in place of Nick Schultz, who was a healthy scratch – a decision Eakins said had more to do with finding the right fit for Grebeshkov, who played with Andrew Ference.

He does think Grebeshkov — who missed much of the pre-season with a groin injury after which he was assigned to the Oklahoma City Barons for a conditioning stint — will need some time to readjust after spending the last three years in the KHL.

“He got his feet wet. That was the plan going in just to get him going,” said the head coach. “He’s going to have to be better every night.”

“But it had nothing to do with Nick. We wanted to get Denis in and it’s something you agonize over. I slept on it. I didn’t let anybody know until this morning. I explained to Nick it didn’t have much to do with his play.

I read from that that he actually talked to him, could be wrong, it'd be a pretty long text, but either way, Schultz is a pro.

Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]  
Previous Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Ottawa (Game #9)
Next Topic:I Like Eakins
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright OilFans.com 1996-2013.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca