This day on April 17
None

Happy Birthday To: blackgold, Doug, M00se, taisuke, oilfan2523, OilFans, EDM_oilfan6690, Darcy_183, tgdoctor

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Pregame: Edmonton @ Pittsburgh (Game #7)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Pregame: Edmonton @ Pittsburgh (Game #7) [message #610001]
Tue, 15 October 2013 03:30 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final
Score Prediction
Login To Make Your Prediction

Edmonton to win: 21%
Pittsburgh to win: 79%
94 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

2013-14 Regular Season
Tuesday, October 15, 2013Edmonton 2 @ Pittsburgh 3Loss
Friday, January 10, 2014Pittsburgh 3 @ Edmonton 4Win
Home Record: 1-0-0       Road Record: 0-1-0       Overall Record: 1-1-0
Home / Road Goals For: 4/2 Total: 6
Home / Road Goals Against: 3/3 Total: 6

2012-13 Regular Season
Home Record: 0-0-0       Road Record: 0-0-0       Overall Record: 0-0-0
Home / Road Goals For: 0/0 Total: 0
Home / Road Goals Against: 0/0 Total: 0

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Pittsburgh (Game #7) [message #610002 is a reply to message #610001 ]
Tue, 15 October 2013 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lzetsen  is currently offline lzetsen

No Cups

Well I honestly don't think Dubbie breaks out of his slump tonight. If we keep losing these games when we outshoot 30-20 it is going to get old quick. I know the D hasn't been great but limiting shots is one sign of success right?

On a positive I am in front of the score prediction leaderboard. Quick hint of my success, put the total for the opponent between 4-6 and the Oilers total at x, where x is any number from 0-7, easy game.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Pittsburgh (Game #7) [message #610009 is a reply to message #610002 ]
Tue, 15 October 2013 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clutchlikeeberle  is currently offline clutchlikeeberle

No Cups

I say this an asswhopping!

8-1 for the Pens. Crosby gets 5 points.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Pittsburgh (Game #7) [message #610010 is a reply to message #610009 ]
Tue, 15 October 2013 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
eedok  is currently offline eedok

No Cups

clutchlikeeberle wrote on Tue, 15 October 2013 08:53

I say this an asswhopping!

8-1 for the Pens. Crosby gets 5 points.

I'll predict the other way just because the Oilers have a tendency to completely mess up expectations 6-0 for the Oilers

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Pittsburgh (Game #7) [message #610011 is a reply to message #610010 ]
Tue, 15 October 2013 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

4 Cups

I'll predict rampant fan apathy and an inability for the Oilers to sell single game tickets.

WAC's and GAB's. WAC's and GAB's.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Pittsburgh (Game #7) [message #610018 is a reply to message #610011 ]
Tue, 15 October 2013 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Prince Albert 1  is currently offline Prince Albert 1

No Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Tue, 15 October 2013 09:06

I'll predict rampant fan apathy and an inability for the Oilers to sell single game tickets.

Surely Yak draws back in tonight? Drop JJ to the 4th line and sit Brown or Gadzic? Play Yak with Gordon and Perron? Or even play him with Hall/RNH?

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Pittsburgh (Game #7) [message #610023 is a reply to message #610018 ]
Tue, 15 October 2013 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

No Cups

17% of people in the prediction poll have us winning this one? crazy

7-2 Pens. Crosby with a hatty.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Pittsburgh (Game #7) [message #610027 is a reply to message #610001 ]
Tue, 15 October 2013 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

3 Cups

Pretty good opponent to keep our streak of allowing at least 4 goals alive!

Hopefully we can score some too. Expecting a big game from Will Acton! That goal last night should have given him the confidence he needs to really take that next step...to a bigger house! Oh wait...I forgot...all he needs is a pulse to get that.

[Updated on: Tue, 15 October 2013 10:14]

..talk is cheap
..success is coming
..the game that we present and stage for the fans most nights is one of very, very high entertainment
..limitless potential
..good structural improvement

Eakins: I know EXACTLY what we need to do next year...

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Pittsburgh (Game #7) [message #610028 is a reply to message #610001 ]
Tue, 15 October 2013 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TheJesman  is currently offline TheJesman

No Cups

I hope they play Yaks I don't care what BS eakins says this kid has got to play. Before we completely lose him mentally and emotionally. I say they win with Yaks 4-3...Lose without him 5-2.

Devin Dubnyk-26
Jeff Petry-25
Sam Gagner-23
Jordan Eberle-22
Justin Schultz-22
Taylor Hall-21
Magnus P-21
RNHopkins-19
Nail Yakupov-19

Put on your shades boys, cuz the future looks bright B)

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Pittsburgh (Game #7) [message #610029 is a reply to message #610028 ]
Tue, 15 October 2013 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

6 Cups

Arco scores his first NHL goal and sends this team on a hot streak.

Or we get slaughtered again, one of the two.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Pittsburgh (Game #7) [message #610033 is a reply to message #610029 ]
Tue, 15 October 2013 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

2 Cups

nullterm wrote on Tue, 15 October 2013 10:31

Arco scores his first NHL goal and sends this team on a hot streak.

Or we get slaughtered again, one of the two.

I vote for a combo of both. Arco goal leads to a 8-6 loss

Back-to-back prediction champ

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Pittsburgh (Game #7) [message #610030 is a reply to message #610028 ]
Tue, 15 October 2013 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

No Cups

TheJesman wrote on Tue, 15 October 2013 10:25

I hope they play Yaks I don't care what BS eakins says this kid has got to play. Before we completely lose him mentally and emotionally. I say they win with Yaks 4-3...Lose without him 5-2.

TSN lists him as coming back into the line up so that's something I guess.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Pittsburgh (Game #7) [message #610032 is a reply to message #610030 ]
Tue, 15 October 2013 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
6zeppelin6  is currently offline 6zeppelin6

1 Cup

I predicted 15-3, just because I feel the Penguins will come having watched our goaltending issues and know the secret to winning against us is to lob pucks onto Dubnyk from center ice.

I think after 8, Dubnyk gets pulled then Labarbara shows why that was a good signing by only letting in 7.

deadhorse

HOPE

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/3882/signuz.jpg

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Pittsburgh (Game #7) [message #610036 is a reply to message #610001 ]
Tue, 15 October 2013 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MJ  is currently offline MJ

3 Cups

Yakupov back in tonight:

@EdmontonOilers: Coach Eakins says Yakupov will play tonight, Joensuu is going back to Edmonton to nurse an injury. Larsen to OKC, Ryan Jones recalled.

"I still feel like the game that we present and stage for the fans most nights is one of very, very high entertainment" - MacT

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Pittsburgh (Game #7) [message #610038 is a reply to message #610001 ]
Tue, 15 October 2013 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rukm01  is currently offline rukm01

2 Cups

I'm just hoping the ambulance doesn't run into any traffic jams.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Pittsburgh (Game #7) [message #610048 is a reply to message #610001 ]
Tue, 15 October 2013 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
benv  is currently offline benv

No Cups

Anyone notice that in all five of the Oilers' losses, they have scored the first goal but then given up the next two to go down 2-1. In their one win they also gave the up the 2nd and 3rd goals, but also gave up the 1st.

So tonight, I don't care if the Oilers score first, but I want the to get the 2nd and/or 3rd goal. Maybe that's how you win.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Pittsburgh (Game #7) [message #610053 is a reply to message #610048 ]
Tue, 15 October 2013 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

6 Cups

Debated posting, but realized it would come up eventually. Opinion by a journalist who follows the Pens.

Dejan Kovacevic ‏@Dejan_Kovacevic 17h
Next time anyone knocks #Pens as having been ‘lucky’ via elite draft picks, here’s two-word reply: Edmonton Oilers. Franchise run by idiots.

Making regular healthy scratch of Yakupov honestly ranks right up there with 1990s Bengals. Where league should come in and take over team.

If this sounds like it touches nerve: I grew up in era when Oilers were gods. We were ALL Oilers fans. Shame to see this for current fans.

I'm sure it'll spark some ire here and on twitter, but agree with the last tweet. It hurts because it's true.

Though I don't have an issue with Yak getting scratched, he needed a reset button push as he wasn't a factor at all.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Pittsburgh (Game #7) [message #610054 is a reply to message #610053 ]
Tue, 15 October 2013 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

4 Cups

nullterm wrote on Tue, 15 October 2013 12:51

Debated posting, but realized it would come up eventually. Opinion by a journalist who follows the Pens.

Next time anyone knocks #Pens as having been ‘lucky’ via elite draft picks, here’s two-word reply: Edmonton Oilers. Franchise run by idiots.

Making regular healthy scratch of Yakupov honestly ranks right up there with 1990s Bengals. Where league should come in and take over team.

If this sounds like it touches nerve: I grew up in era when Oilers were gods. We were ALL Oilers fans. Shame to see this for current fans.

I'm sure it'll spark some ire here and on twitter, but agree with the last tweet. It hurts because it's true.

Though I don't have an issue with Yak getting scratched, he needed a reset button push as he wasn't a factor at all.

I can't really disagree. I'd like to, but I can't. Actually I wouldn't like to disagree. I've been yelling the same damn thing for 5 years now. Except for the Yakupov part.

WAC's and GAB's. WAC's and GAB's.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Pittsburgh (Game #7) [message #610056 is a reply to message #610054 ]
Tue, 15 October 2013 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skoobz  is currently offline Skoobz

2 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Tue, 15 October 2013 12:55

nullterm wrote on Tue, 15 October 2013 12:51

I can't really disagree. I'd like to, but I can't. Actually I wouldn't like to disagree. I've been yelling the same damn thing for 5 years now. Except for the Yakupov part.

I even agree with the Yakupov part.

"I'm not reading Skoobz' banter." - NotLeeFogolin
The 2013-14 Edmonton Oilers... Breaking Ekblad

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Pittsburgh (Game #7) [message #610059 is a reply to message #610056 ]
Tue, 15 October 2013 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Skoobz wrote on Tue, 15 October 2013 13:17

Not me. I think Yak should play with Acton and Gazdic and earn his way back up to the 3rd line. If there is any sign he's not making proper use of Acton and Gazdic's skills in the offensive zone, glue him to the bench and sit him out 3 games.

[Updated on: Tue, 15 October 2013 13:29]

..talk is cheap
..success is coming
..the game that we present and stage for the fans most nights is one of very, very high entertainment
..limitless potential

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Pittsburgh (Game #7) [message #610063 is a reply to message #610059 ]
Tue, 15 October 2013 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ronster  is currently offline ronster

No Cups

oobga wrote on Tue, 15 October 2013 12:27

Not me. I think Yak should play with Acton and Gazdic and earn his way back up to the 3rd line. If there is any sign he's not making proper use of Acton and Gazdic's skills in the offensive zone, glue him to the bench and sit him out 3 games.

I dunno if you are being sarcastic or not, but Action and Gazdic = offensive?

Granted yes both of them have more points than Yak, but really?

Adam wrote

Maybe it's fitting to have found religion in the room because on most nights this team doesn't have a prayer.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Pittsburgh (Game #7) [message #610064 is a reply to message #610063 ]
Tue, 15 October 2013 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

ronster wrote on Tue, 15 October 2013 13:46

Yak needs to learn it's a team game and he needs to not try to do everything on his own regardless of who he is out there with. If he can't get shots on goal without having Acton feed him the puck first, or after cycling a bit with Gazdic he shouldn't bother shooting at all.

(yes, I'm being sarcastic. Oilers actually have me stuck in permanent sarcasm mode lately when I talk about them)

..talk is cheap
..success is coming
..limitless potential

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Pittsburgh (Game #7) [message #610068 is a reply to message #610064 ]
Tue, 15 October 2013 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

oobga wrote on Tue, 15 October 2013 12:48

Yak needs to learn it's a team game and he needs to not try to do everything on his own regardless of who he is out there with. If he can't get shots on goal without having Acton feed him the puck first, or after cycling a bit with Gazdic he shouldn't bother shooting at all.

(yes, I'm being sarcastic. Oilers actually have me stuck in permanent sarcasm mode lately when I talk about them)

I agree he needs to play a team game but Action / Gadzic don't cycle. They hit and hit and leave the zone without the puck. No real puck retrieval skills.

Maybe with Yak it will change but demoting your superstar draft pick to the fourth line to play with face punchers isn't inspiring a learning experience.

I also agree about the sarcastic part. Im pretty close to my end's rope with this team and sarcasm is sometimes my only vehicle of expression..

Adam wrote

Maybe it's fitting to have found religion in the room because on most nights this team doesn't have a prayer.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Pittsburgh (Game #7) [message #610081 is a reply to message #610068 ]
Tue, 15 October 2013 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mars  is currently offline Mars

No Cups

ronster wrote on Tue, 15 October 2013 13:57

I agree he needs to play a team game but Action / Gadzic don't cycle. They hit and hit and leave the zone without the puck. No real puck retrieval skills.

Very true.

Maybe with Yak it will change but demoting your superstar draft pick to the fourth line to play with face punchers isn't inspiring a learning experience.

Did this strategy not work with Gagner over a few seasons?

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Pittsburgh (Game #7) [message #610083 is a reply to message #610081 ]
Tue, 15 October 2013 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Mars wrote on Tue, 15 October 2013 15:18

Very true.

No, you forget...that was under Pat Quinn, where he wanted one unskilled labourer per line. Jacques on the first line, Stone on the second line. There were no face-punchers left by the time they got down to line four. (In part because Quinn realized very quickly that MacIntyre couldn't play and so didn't play him.)

Although, you can't give Quinn much credit, because apparently he wanted Schremp centering that line with Gagner on the farm.

#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireEakins #FireActon #FireSmith #FireBuchberger #FireMoores #Burnitdown #KeepJoey

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Pittsburgh (Game #7) [message #610086 is a reply to message #610083 ]
Tue, 15 October 2013 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 15 October 2013 15:19

Very true.

No, you forget...that was under Pat Quinn, where he wanted one unskilled labourer per line. Jacques on the first line, Stone on the second line. There were no face-punchers left by the time they got down to line four. (In part because Quinn realized very quickly that MacIntyre couldn't play and so didn't play him.)

Although, you can't give Quinn much credit, because apparently he wanted Schremp centering that line with Gagner on the farm.

I seem to recall Renney did the same thing (maybe it was the 3rd line). I will trust your memory on this over mine.

Edit: My brother is telling me that when Gagner was on the 4th line under Quinn he was saddled with Zack Stortini (supposed to be a face puncher but not much punching went on) and Ethan Moreau on the wings.

Edit #2: For fun I looked up Zack Stortini. According to HockeyDB.com, Zack has played 4 games this season with the Norfolk Admirals. He has 1 assist, is -1 and, has 43 PIMS. Yes 43 in 4 games.

[Updated on: Tue, 15 October 2013 15:51]

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Pittsburgh (Game #7) [message #610089 is a reply to message #610086 ]
Tue, 15 October 2013 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Mars wrote on Tue, 15 October 2013 15:35

Adam wrote on Tue, 15 October 2013 15:19

Very true.

I seem to recall Renney did the same thing (maybe it was the 3rd line). I will trust your memory on this over mine.

Edit: My brother is telling me that when Gagner was on the 4th line under Quinn he was saddled with Zack Stortini (supposed to be a face puncher but not much punching went on) and Ethan Moreau on the wings.

Edit #2: For fun I looked up Zack Stortini. According to HockeyDB.com, Zack has played 4 games this season with the Norfolk Admirals. He has 1 assist, is -1 and, has 43 PIMS. Yes 43 in 4 games.

That is a pretty terrible set of linemates. I don't know how Gagner ever played himself off that line. Especially given that years later, with Schremp out of the league, Quinn still thinks that the team made a mistake keeping Gagner over Schremp...

#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireEakins #FireActon #FireSmith #FireBuchberger #FireMoores #Burnitdown #KeepJoey

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Pittsburgh (Game #7) [message #610093 is a reply to message #610086 ]
Tue, 15 October 2013 16:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Mars wrote on Tue, 15 October 2013 14:35

That's like 4 fights and a minor (instigator probably) in 4 games. My guess 0-4....

EDIT: wait a minute that adds up 42 minutes? 43???

Adam wrote

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Pittsburgh (Game #7) [message #610096 is a reply to message #610093 ]
Tue, 15 October 2013 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

ronster wrote on Tue, 15 October 2013 16:02

Mars wrote on Tue, 15 October 2013 14:35

That's like 4 fights and a minor (instigator probably) in 4 games. My guess 0-4....

EDIT: wait a minute that adds up 42 minutes? 43???

According to Hockeyfights.com, he has 5 fights, including one with an extra minor and one with a misconduct and instigating minor. That accounts for 39 minutes, so he has two other minors.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Pittsburgh (Game #7) [message #610087 is a reply to message #610068 ]
Tue, 15 October 2013 15:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

I also agree about the sarcastic part. Im pretty close to my end's rope with this team and sarcasm is sometimes my only vehicle of expression..

I will stop the sarcasm now, I was kidding as well about Yak playing on the 4th line, but I don't think it's that much of a stretch that a coach that thinks kids need to earn everything they get would dump him there and expect him to do well. Then he can give him the stink eye every time he tries to stick handle through 4 players because his line mates are too busy trying to figure out what the puck looks like back in our end.

I personally hate how we're treating Yak. With very high skill offensive players, I think it's best to let them success offensively early in their careers and let them figure out that side of the game at the NHL level. Then you try to add layers to their game with the defensive side of things. I don't like how we're already giving Yak a hard time about the defensive side when he barely has any confidence about being able to produce offensively at the NHL level. Let's get this kid going on a good line. He's a valuable tool to have if you're trying to score goals and we're not expected to win the cup any time soon so big deal if he makes the odd error that Hall makes 3 times a night.

[Updated on: Tue, 15 October 2013 15:48]

..talk is cheap
..success is coming
..limitless potential

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Pittsburgh (Game #7) [message #610092 is a reply to message #610087 ]
Tue, 15 October 2013 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

oobga wrote on Tue, 15 October 2013 14:40

I will stop the sarcasm now, I was kidding as well about Yak playing on the 4th line, but I don't think it's that much of a stretch that a coach that thinks kids need to earn everything they get would dump him there and expect him to do well. Then he can give him the stink eye every time he tries to stick handle through 4 players because his line mates are too busy trying to figure out what the puck looks like back in our end.

I personally hate how we're treating Yak. With very high skill offensive players, I think it's best to let them success offensively early in their careers and let them figure out that side of the game at the NHL level. Then you try to add layers to their game with the defensive side of things. I don't like how we're already giving Yak a hard time about the defensive side when he barely has any confidence about being able to produce offensively at the NHL level. Let's get this kid going on a good line. He's a valuable tool to have if you're trying to score goals and we're not expected to win the cup any time soon so big deal if he makes the odd error that Hall makes 3 times a night.

It's pretty apparent that Yak has been trying too much (that one game he tried to one-time the puck like three times in a row and flubbed each one) and now his defensive awareness is in question (like the goal Kesler scored with Yak just standing there).

Obviously Eakins wants to preach "if you aren't scoring, you are working on other parts of your game". How about Hall and Eberle? Or even Schultz? Free pass?

Yak needs to understand the importance of his linemates. Period.

Biggest problem with this team are there are too many budding superstars and not enough competent "glue" guys. Too much 1-on-4.

Adam wrote

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Pittsburgh (Game #7) [message #610094 is a reply to message #610092 ]
Tue, 15 October 2013 16:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

ronster wrote on Tue, 15 October 2013 16:00

oobga wrote on Tue, 15 October 2013 14:40

It's pretty apparent that Yak has been trying too much (that one game he tried to one-time the puck like three times in a row and flubbed each one) and now his defensive awareness is in question (like the goal Kesler scored with Yak just standing there).

Obviously Eakins wants to preach "if you aren't scoring, you are working on other parts of your game". How about Hall and Eberle? Or even Schultz? Free pass?

Yak needs to understand the importance of his linemates. Period.

Biggest problem with this team are there are too many budding superstars and not enough competent "glue" guys. Too much 1-on-4.

I think a big part of all the 1-on-4s is the system. People are having to try to catch up to the one player not in the scrum when there's a transition to rush. It gives the player with the puck limited options - go forward in an outnumbered situation, or retreat and attack 5-on-5.

Gretzky has said that to him the game is all about 2-on-1 situations. Said the old Oilers used to try to put teams in that position as many times as possible. It's hard to do that when so many players come deep in the zone in the defensive scheme.

I'm still just not sure if the Oilers aren't executing the system well, or if it's a terrible system, but it's hurting us both in defensive play - we're giving up gold chances over and over again - and on the rush - where we haven't had many odd-man situations.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Pittsburgh (Game #7) [message #610099 is a reply to message #610094 ]
Tue, 15 October 2013 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 15 October 2013 16:15

I think a big part of all the 1-on-4s is the system. People are having to try to catch up to the one player not in the scrum when there's a transition to rush. It gives the player with the puck limited options - go forward in an outnumbered situation, or retreat and attack 5-on-5.

Gretzky has said that to him the game is all about 2-on-1 situations. Said the old Oilers used to try to put teams in that position as many times as possible. It's hard to do that when so many players come deep in the zone in the defensive scheme.

I'm still just not sure if the Oilers aren't executing the system well, or if it's a terrible system, but it's hurting us both in defensive play - we're giving up gold chances over and over again - and on the rush - where we haven't had many odd-man situations.

This is a very good observation. I posted in a game review thread that often there is one Oiler not in the scrum so the options for the outlet pass are very limited. You have took it one step further and assuming the outlet pass is successful there is a possibility of one Oiler with the puck while the other 4 are down low in the defensive end. Doesn't sound like a good situation for a team that wants to play a puck possession game.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Pittsburgh (Game #7) [message #610066 is a reply to message #610063 ]
Tue, 15 October 2013 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rukm01  is currently offline rukm01

2 Cups

I find Acton and Gazdic offensive. icon_smile

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Pittsburgh (Game #7) [message #610098 is a reply to message #610001 ]
Tue, 15 October 2013 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmc  is currently offline hmc

4 Cups

Oilers tweet: LaBarbera leads the #Oilers out for pre-game warm-up, meaning he'll get his second straight start between the pipes.

I'm OK with this. Make it so that LaBarbera is clearly the worst goalie on the team, and give Dubnyk some confidence for all of a sudden being the best.

Then I'll just regress, because I feel I've made myself perfectly redundant.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Pittsburgh (Game #7) [message #610100 is a reply to message #610098 ]
Tue, 15 October 2013 16:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

hmc wrote on Tue, 15 October 2013 16:31

Oilers tweet: LaBarbera leads the #Oilers out for pre-game warm-up, meaning he'll get his second straight start between the pipes.

I'm OK with this. Make it so that LaBarbera is clearly the worst goalie on the team, and give Dubnyk some confidence for all of a sudden being the best.

rofl

You are on a roll today

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Pittsburgh (Game #7) [message #610101 is a reply to message #610098 ]
Tue, 15 October 2013 16:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Have this crazy feeling that we will still see Dubs in net tonight at some point...

Lines from Oilers twitter:

Hall-Arcobello-Eberle
Perron-RNH-Yakupov
Smyth-Gordon-Hemsky
Jones-Acton-Brown

So, if Yak does good now it'll all be because he was sat out.

[Updated on: Tue, 15 October 2013 16:44]

..talk is cheap
..success is coming
..limitless potential

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Pittsburgh (Game #7) [message #610104 is a reply to message #610101 ]
Tue, 15 October 2013 16:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RankinSpankin  is currently offline RankinSpankin

No Cups

Barbie is the better goalie so far, albeit not by much.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Pittsburgh (Game #7) [message #610105 is a reply to message #610101 ]
Tue, 15 October 2013 16:50 Go to previous message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

2 Cups

oobga wrote on Tue, 15 October 2013 15:36

Have this crazy feeling that we will still see Dubs in net tonight at some point...

Lines from Oilers twitter:

Hall-Arcobello-Eberle
Perron-RNH-Yakupov
Smyth-Gordon-Hemsky
Jones-Acton-Brown

So, if Yak does good now it'll all be because he was sat out.

Yak put on the No1 line, Hall dropped, time to put up ...

Our best center in the d-zone is RNH, so Yak has that advantage, hope he doesn't fizzle.

Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Previous Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Pittsburgh (Game #7)
Next Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Washington (Game #6)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright OilFans.com 1996-2013.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca