This day on November 25
None

Happy Birthday To: Tarkus, Bert, romanoksuita, SixCupComing, BobBeers, Jodes

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Speculation » Yakupov done with the Oilers?Pages (6): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Yakupov done with the Oilers? [message #610236 is a reply to message #610226 ]
Wed, 16 October 2013 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmc  is currently offline hmc

4 Cups

Huge no to Luke Schenn. If it wasn't for the fact he was part of a fairly big trade he probably would've been waived by now. He's closer to being done as an NHLer than he is to turning his career around.

Then I'll just regress, because I feel I've made myself perfectly redundant.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Yakupov done with the Oilers? [message #610381 is a reply to message #610236 ]
Wed, 16 October 2013 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

3 Cups

hmc wrote on Wed, 16 October 2013 05:43

Huge no to Luke Schenn. If it wasn't for the fact he was part of a fairly big trade he probably would've been waived by now. He's closer to being done as an NHLer than he is to turning his career around.

At 23 years of age? His numbers don't appear to be all that bad considering that he played for some pretty awful Leafs teams and a Flyers team that was on its way down last season. If the Flyers were willing to move him and/or Coburn, never mind both, the Oil should at least be listening, IMO.

The typical Oil fan after a game:
http://i.imgur.com/FddGWAw.gif

Re: Yakupov done with the Oilers? [message #610401 is a reply to message #610236 ]
Thu, 17 October 2013 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hemmer2Eberle  is currently offline Hemmer2Eberle

1 Cup

Agreed! Major no to Luke. He has come nowhere close to the hype that surrounded him, and his play is painful to watch. And people call Smid useless.

Re: Yakupov done with the Oilers? [message #610402 is a reply to message #610401 ]
Thu, 17 October 2013 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Hemmer2Eberle wrote on Wed, 16 October 2013 23:16

Agreed! Major no to Luke. He has come nowhere close to the hype that surrounded him, and his play is painful to watch. And people call Smid useless.

Might b eright, I haven't seen him play since his TO days, and they all stunk back then.

I still like B. Schenn though, big mean streak (tried to kill T. Hall at the Memorial Cup), he's a center, good hands, leader, and young.

Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Re: Yakupov done with the Oilers? [message #610403 is a reply to message #610402 ]
Thu, 17 October 2013 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Skookum Jim wrote on Thu, 17 October 2013 00:22

Might b eright, I haven't seen him play since his TO days, and they all stunk back then.

I still like B. Schenn though, big mean streak (tried to kill T. Hall at the Memorial Cup), he's a center, good hands, leader, and young.

I'd take Brayden is a heart beat. Love his style of play.

As for Luke, my friend is a major Philly fan, and right now he is cursing Holmgren for the JVR trade that brought Luke in.

Re: Yakupov done with the Oilers? [message #610404 is a reply to message #610402 ]
Thu, 17 October 2013 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm is currently online nullterm

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Wed, 16 October 2013 23:22

Last season:
Schenn 47 games +3 21:51/game
Coburn 33 games -10 22:36/game

Don't watch Flyers enough to scout, but stats wise looks good. Would acknowledge possible Leafs hype bump.

Flyers blogger had positive things to say about him: http://www.broadstreethockey.com/2013/5/9/4284616/luke-schen n-flyers-defense-stats-kimmo-timonen

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Yakupov done with the Oilers? [message #610396 is a reply to message #610226 ]
Wed, 16 October 2013 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

nullterm wrote on Tue, 15 October 2013 23:17

Skookum Jim wrote on Tue, 15 October 2013 22:57

nullterm wrote on Tue, 15 October 2013 20:51

@ALLsportsINTEL: Flyers knocking on lots of doors right now looking for a franchise altering trade some very surprising names may pop up in the next few days

Screw it...

Yakupov
Schultz Sr & Jr

Hartnell
Schenn Bros

3 softies out. 3 not softies in.

Hartnell is injured I believe, plus he's old, on the skid down,

Brayden Schenn (Center)
Simmonds
Cobourn

for

N. Schultz
Yak

I'd rather get Luke Schenn to complete the pair, and he's only 23 vs Coburn at 28.

Simmonds I'd go for.

L. Schenn only 23? Wow! I would never have guessed. In that case I agree with you.

Re: Yakupov done with the Oilers? [message #610399 is a reply to message #610396 ]
Thu, 17 October 2013 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Wed, 16 October 2013 22:51

L. Schenn only 23? Wow! I would never have guessed. In that case I agree with you.

Hartnell is 31, but for the record I still want him slightly over Simmonds. Older vet with a legit mean streak that will jump guys for looking at teammates funny who still has game. We need as many on ice examples for the youngers guys to be mentored by.

Then Eakins every-so-often can throw out a line of:

Hartnell-Gordon-Perron
Ference-L.Schenn

... to show the softies on the team how to have a backbone.

Funny enough, 3 Sask boys, 1 AB, 1 QC. None developed by the Oilers.

* Thread note, for the record I'm not in favour of chasing Yak outta town, but (as with anyone) if you get a deal that helps improve the overall team short and long term then you do it. And most of the tweets are bunk to begin with.

[Updated on: Thu, 17 October 2013 00:11]

Re: Yakupov done with the Oilers? [message #610230 is a reply to message #609750 ]
Wed, 16 October 2013 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner is currently online mightyreasoner

2 Cups

I don't want to trade Yakupov. Period. He's essentially still a rookie, with half an NHL season played.

Re: Yakupov done with the Oilers? [message #610379 is a reply to message #609750 ]
Wed, 16 October 2013 21:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

FWIW

@ALLsportsINTEL: NHL - Nail Yakupov talks are heating up throughout the league. Source - At least 7 teams have inquired on Nail in the last 24 hours.

Re: Yakupov done with the Oilers? [message #610380 is a reply to message #610379 ]
Wed, 16 October 2013 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

nullterm wrote on Wed, 16 October 2013 21:17

FWIW

@ALLsportsINTEL: NHL - Nail Yakupov talks are heating up throughout the league. Source - At least 7 teams have inquired on Nail in the last 24 hours.

As I said, I like Nail, but if the right package were offered for him, I'd say "Adios" to him in a heartbeat. My loyalty is to the *team*, and if Yak can't and/or won't play within the team, he's of no real use to them as a group. I'd rather see the team win than see one player from the team making highlight reels night after night.

Re: Yakupov done with the Oilers? [message #610384 is a reply to message #610380 ]
Wed, 16 October 2013 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skoobz  is currently offline Skoobz

2 Cups

Ragnarok73 wrote on Wed, 16 October 2013 21:20

FWIW

As I said, I like Nail, but if the right package were offered for him, I'd say "Adios" to him in a heartbeat. My loyalty is to the *team*, and if Yak can't and/or won't play within the team, he's of no real use to them as a group. I'd rather see the team win than see one player from the team making highlight reels night after night.

53 GAMES. HE'S PLAYED 53 GAMES. If you "like him", why are you so keen on trading him?

Team lead in goals in his rookie year. .65 PPG. (FYI, Stamkos was .58 PPG in his rookie year, and was benched three times. Yak doesn't even have a full season under his belt yet, but with his rough start this year, he's at .58 PPG over the 53 games of his career.)

-4 on a horrendous team.

Has repeatedly said he loves playing here.

Didn't whine about being benched - showed a similar amount of disappointment to ultimate team guy and Canadian hero, Ryan Smyth.

Can we please quit this stuff? What evidence is there that he "can't and/or won't play within the team"??? Why make a KID learning the pro game a pariah??

The rumor Null posted should tell skeptics everything we all know. He's an elite talent, and teams don't seem to see an attitude problem as they're apparently lining up to make offers for him. Message board wonks and WHL-centric xenophobes seem to be looking for reasons to write him off, and it's embarrassing.

"I'm not reading Skoobz' banter." - NotLeeFogolin
Fire Eakins. Fire MacT.

Re: Yakupov done with the Oilers? [message #610394 is a reply to message #610384 ]
Wed, 16 October 2013 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Skoobz wrote on Wed, 16 October 2013 22:04

53 GAMES. HE'S PLAYED 53 GAMES. If you "like him", why are you so keen on trading him?

I'm not keen on seeing the team trade ANY of its young guns. I just realize that if the Oil are going to make a deal for a bonafide goaltender, it is likely going to cost them one of them. Notice that I added the qualifier "if" when I said that Yak would be useless to the team *if* he couldn't or wouldn't play within the team.

Team lead in goals in his rookie year. .65 PPG. (FYI, Stamkos was .58 PPG in his rookie year, and was benched three times. Yak doesn't even have a full season under his belt yet, but with his rough start this year, he's at .58 PPG over the 53 games of his career.)

I know Yak is a kid. That doesn't necessarily mean that his career path will follow that of one of the NHL's premier scoring forwards over the past 5 years. I can live with seeing potential go in exchange for help for a team that shouldn't still be "rebuilding" at this point.

-4 on a horrendous team.

He never got the ice time that guys like Ebs, Hallsy, or Nuge did, or that number would likely be lower.

Has repeatedly said he loves playing here.

He also said that he wants to play his game regardless of what the team needed. The coach benched him to show him that he is in fact not above the rest of the team.

Didn't whine about being benched - showed a similar amount of disappointment to ultimate team guy and Canadian hero, Ryan Smyth.

Maybe he just knew that his mouth got him into enough trouble with the coach and smartened up.

Can we please quit this stuff? What evidence is there that he "can't and/or won't play within the team"??? Why make a KID learning the pro game a pariah??

I never once said that he was a problem player. I just said that if the right deal came along, I could live with seeing Yak traded away. Right now, I see him as the most expendable of the young guns, and this will only be reinforced unless he consistently demonstrates that he is willing to be a team player and not be what he himself said that got him benched.

The rumor Null posted should tell skeptics everything we all know. He's an elite talent, and teams don't seem to see an attitude problem as they're apparently lining up to make offers for him. Message board wonks and WHL-centric xenophobes seem to be looking for reasons to write him off, and it's embarrassing.

Obviously other teams want to play up the "feud" between Yak and the team in order to devalue him should the Oil actually try to include him in any deals. That's why I don't want to see him go for anything less than a blockbuster package that would *immediately* provide the team with the tools needed to contend for a Cup.

Re: Yakupov done with the Oilers? [message #610385 is a reply to message #610380 ]
Wed, 16 October 2013 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Did a twitter search and results kinna funny...

@MontysAmendment: My apologies wrong rumor. Actually is the Flyers-Oilers. Hemskey & Yakupov for Simmonds, Couturier, Coburn, Meszaros and Laughton

@Blackhawk_Up: Rumor has it Nail Yakupov is heading to New Jersey with Cory Potter, Linus Omark, and a 2015 2nd round pick. #massive

@FansidedNHL: Trade Rumors: Nail Yakupov Close To Becoming A Chicago Blackhawk?: Yakupov has only played 53 game... http://t.co/iPEh7LqcLw #Hawks #NHL

@adamrap97: @albertahippy420 @Eklund never in a million years would Toronto give up Reimer and gardiner for yakupov.

I like how the Hawks guy says a Devils, then the next guy says Hawks.

Re: Yakupov done with the Oilers? [message #610397 is a reply to message #610385 ]
Wed, 16 October 2013 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

nullterm wrote on Wed, 16 October 2013 21:05

Did a twitter search and results kinna funny...

@MontysAmendment: My apologies wrong rumor. Actually is the Flyers-Oilers. Hemskey & Yakupov for Simmonds, Couturier, Coburn, Meszaros and Laughton

@Blackhawk_Up: Rumor has it Nail Yakupov is heading to New Jersey with Cory Potter, Linus Omark, and a 2015 2nd round pick. #massive

@FansidedNHL: Trade Rumors: Nail Yakupov Close To Becoming A Chicago Blackhawk?: Yakupov has only played 53 game... http://t.co/iPEh7LqcLw #Hawks #NHL

@adamrap97: @albertahippy420 @Eklund never in a million years would Toronto give up Reimer and gardiner for yakupov.

I like how the Hawks guy says a Devils, then the next guy says Hawks.

HaHa!! This is great entertaiment!

With regards to the Hawks and Yak, nothing there they'd give up worth it. Unless its both Seabrook and D. Kieth :)

Re: Yakupov done with the Oilers? [message #610386 is a reply to message #610380 ]
Wed, 16 October 2013 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam is currently online Adam

6 Cups

FWIW

Guy is barely out of his teens...that package better be incredible or the Oilers look foolish in a couple years time. I'm guessing most of the proposed deals look more like the Joe Thornton package than the Eric Lindros package.

Teams are circling because they think we're idiots and they're going to be happy to take advantage of us. They've probably watched the first three seasons of Oil Change, so they know what they're getting in to.

#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireEakins #FireActon #FireSmith #FireBuchberger #FireMoores #Burnitdown #KeepJoey

Re: Yakupov done with the Oilers? [message #610387 is a reply to message #610386 ]
Wed, 16 October 2013 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 16 October 2013 22:06

Teams are circling because they think we're idiots and they're going to be happy to take advantage of us.

I'm kind of scared they might be right. This has all the makings of management doing something stupid to try to save their skin and being a move we regret for the next 15 years.

Re: Yakupov done with the Oilers? [message #610388 is a reply to message #610387 ]
Wed, 16 October 2013 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

mightyreasoner wrote on Wed, 16 October 2013 21:24

Teams are circling because they think we're idiots and they're going to be happy to take advantage of us.

I'm kind of scared they might be right. This has all the makings of management doing something stupid to try to save their skin and being a move we regret for the next 15 years.

If you're gonna make a mistake, make a bold mistake.

Re: Yakupov done with the Oilers? [message #610395 is a reply to message #610388 ]
Wed, 16 October 2013 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Magnum  is currently offline Magnum

4 Cups

This thread gets an award for Most Terrible Trade Proposals in a single thread.

Learning is the most important part of learning basic defence.

Re: Yakupov done with the Oilers? [message #610398 is a reply to message #610387 ]
Thu, 17 October 2013 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

mightyreasoner wrote on Wed, 16 October 2013 21:24

You never trade your assets at the bottom of the market, hope they don't make a Snider-like panic move,the Oil problems have been they have been at a bottom of the market for too many years, can't make a full value deal for their good assets (like Hemmer), which turns into a Catch-22,... can't win, can't raise asset values, can't trade, ... can't win .. and around we go...

[Updated on: Thu, 17 October 2013 13:06]

Re: Yakupov done with the Oilers? [message #610435 is a reply to message #610386 ]
Thu, 17 October 2013 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

4 Cups

FWIW

Guy is barely out of his teens...that package better be incredible or the Oilers look foolish in a couple years time. I'm guessing most of the proposed deals look more like the Joe Thornton package than the Eric Lindros package.

Teams are circling because they think we're idiots and they're going to be happy to take advantage of us. They've probably watched the first three seasons of Oil Change, so they know what they're getting in to.

Oh that ship has long since sailed.

WAC's and GAB's. WAC's and GAB's.

Re: Yakupov done with the Oilers? [message #610613 is a reply to message #610435 ]
Thu, 17 October 2013 19:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oilerman53  is currently offline Oilerman53

No Cups

I'd do Yak, Gagner and Smid for Couterier, Simmonds, Leighton and Coburn.

*Instant testicular fortitude*

[Updated on: Thu, 17 October 2013 19:13]

After 8 years of ineptitude you begin to wonder whose the real schmuck? Them for sucking or me for cheering....... *cracks open bottle of whiskey*.

Re: Yakupov done with the Oilers? [message #610614 is a reply to message #610613 ]
Thu, 17 October 2013 19:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmc  is currently offline hmc

4 Cups

Oilerman53 wrote on Thu, 17 October 2013 21:06

So would the Flyers.

Then I'll just regress, because I feel I've made myself perfectly redundant.

Re: Yakupov done with the Oilers? [message #610618 is a reply to message #610613 ]
Thu, 17 October 2013 19:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Oilerman53 wrote on Thu, 17 October 2013 18:06

Sorry man, Couterier? Had a good rookie playoff, now? ..nothing special, plays soft.
Only guy worth taking is Simmonds.

Re: Yakupov done with the Oilers? [message #610639 is a reply to message #610613 ]
Thu, 17 October 2013 19:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

6 Cups

Oilerman53 wrote on Thu, 17 October 2013 22:06

Really? I don't do Yak alone for that package.

Re: Yakupov done with the Oilers? [message #610648 is a reply to message #610613 ]
Thu, 17 October 2013 20:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Oilerman53 wrote on Thu, 17 October 2013 19:06

Get rid of Couterier and Leighton, cause they do nothing for us. Especially Leighton. Add Brayden Schenn and it's a starting point.

Re: Yakupov done with the Oilers? [message #610687 is a reply to message #610648 ]
Fri, 18 October 2013 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Padre  is currently offline Padre

1 Cup

Hemmer2Eberle wrote on Thu, 17 October 2013 20:20

Oilerman53 wrote on Thu, 17 October 2013 19:06

Get rid of Couterier and Leighton, cause they do nothing for us. Especially Leighton. Add Brayden Schenn and it's a starting point.

Leighton plays in the KHL so thats a no go. And the trade itself doesnt really shore up any of the major issues, or makes the oilers even a playoff team.

Re: Yakupov done with the Oilers? [message #610653 is a reply to message #609750 ]
Thu, 17 October 2013 20:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hallsy  is currently offline Hallsy

No Cups

Who knows what this guy can really fetch us? Despite his amazing skills and the fact that he was drafted #1 overall, he's been a nightmare for us this season and his attitude blows. I'm positive he's worth something decent, but I'm not so sure he'll be able to fetch us a top line player straight up.

Yakupov, + for P.K. Subban?

Yak can settle in nicely with Galchenyuk. The Habs will then turn completely uncoachable.

Re: Yakupov done with the Oilers? [message #610662 is a reply to message #610653 ]
Thu, 17 October 2013 21:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oilerman53  is currently offline Oilerman53

No Cups

Trade Gagner for Hesmky and you get Simmonds, Hartnell, Coburn for Yak and Hemmer.

After 8 years of ineptitude you begin to wonder whose the real schmuck? Them for sucking or me for cheering....... *cracks open bottle of whiskey*.

Re: Yakupov done with the Oilers? [message #610675 is a reply to message #610653 ]
Thu, 17 October 2013 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Hallsy wrote on Thu, 17 October 2013 20:37

Who knows what this guy can really fetch us? Despite his amazing skills and the fact that he was drafted #1 overall, he's been a nightmare for us this season and his attitude blows.

More senseless drivel. Back up your comment about his attitude, NOT using a carefully selected portion of a quote made in broken English by a kid who's frustrated with his own lack of success at the one thing he's EVER been asked to do - score goals - and is simultaneously being asked to learn a new (seemingly disastrous) team strategy AND modify his game to meet his coach's expectations.

The nightmare is the entire team, not one player.

The other nightmare is shortsighted fans who are happy to exist as caprophages of MSM doomsayer excrement.

Fire Eakins. Fire MacT.

Re: Yakupov done with the Oilers? [message #610670 is a reply to message #609750 ]
Thu, 17 October 2013 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260 is currently online smyth260

2 Cups

The longer this losing streak goes, the more likely MacT makes a stupid reactionary trade I feel.

Re: Yakupov done with the Oilers? [message #610685 is a reply to message #609750 ]
Fri, 18 October 2013 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
goalpost  is currently offline goalpost

No Cups

Oilers aren't trading Yakupov.

His value is at an all-time low with his current play.

No it's not Yakupov's linemates or the system.
It's Yakupov.

Pretty certain everyone has seen this.

http://nhl.si.com/2013/10/16/russian-olympic-scout-edmonton- oilers-nail-yakupov-has-no-future/

Igor Kravchuk - Olympic Team Russia's NHL Scout

Quote:

“He has to make [up] his mind,” Kravchuk said this morning on Team 1200 radio in Ottawa. “If he’s not going to change his game, then he has no future.”

“Obviously, from what I see, his team game is really, really poor. He tries to do a lot of things by himself and he has absolutely no defense and that’s what really concerns [me] as a scout. But if he’s going to listen to what the coach says, if he’s going to change his game, then he’s got a future.”

Pretty much sums it up.
Likely 29 other teams [in addition to the Oilers] that see it this way.
Yakupov was likely more valuable before he started playing this season, and it would be foolish for the Oilers to trade him at a low [assuming of course he can turn it around].

Also -- while English is a second language it is a fair statement that Yakupov appears to have an attitude problem particularly when you consider Yakupov's comments are supported by his actions of refusing to play a team game or defense [actions speak louder than words and his actions are strongly indicative of an attitude problem].

He's young. The Oilers are slumping. Both of them will get over it. ie. Yakupov showed a significant improvement in the team game last night against the islanders, although he was lost defensively.

Edit -- Actually it is a gift to the Oilers that Kravchuk was so blunt.
Blows away any and all of the bulls..t arguments Yakupov may have about the Oilers, the Oilers system, and Yakupov playing to his strengths.
Yakupov doesn't have to believe the Oilers or Eakins or the Oilers leadership or other players all of whom are likely giving him constructive criticism.
Kravchuk has no horse in the game, has credibility and Yakupov has to take into account what Kravchuk says [all by virture of him being Team Russia's NHL Scout] but doesn't have to worry about preserving a long term relationship with Yakupov or dealing with him on a day to day basis.

Thank you Mr. Kravchuk.

[Updated on: Fri, 18 October 2013 09:20]

Re: Yakupov done with the Oilers? [message #610913 is a reply to message #609750 ]
Mon, 21 October 2013 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam is currently online Adam

6 Cups

Just thinking about this a little more. I still don't put much stock in to it - after all, Yakupov has two more years left on his deal, so even if he's unhappy now, there's a long time left to change his mind.

That said, I can't think of another team that has so many people either leaving upset at the team or flat-out ecstatic to move on to somewhere else.

I think it reflects very poorly on Lowe et al how many times this has happened. I know that Oilers management would like people to think it's the northern climes that push people away, but I think that's only a tiny portion of the equation.

If this ever does turn out to be true, whether because the report now had grains of truth, or because they piss off and alienate another star player, maybe, just maybe that should be the last nail in the coffin of Lowe's career. It won't be. The franchise would use all their connections with the Edmonton media to paint him as a lazy, disinterested foreigner who never really got what it meant to be an Oiler, and a large segment of the population would eat that up, happy to brand him a traitor to the team and joyfully accept the deal for a 2nd pairing defenceman, a third line forward and a fourth line forward.

#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireEakins #FireActon #FireSmith #FireBuchberger #FireMoores #Burnitdown #KeepJoey

Re: Yakupov done with the Oilers? [message #611557 is a reply to message #610913 ]
Thu, 24 October 2013 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TJ39  is currently offline TJ39

1 Cup

Oh so true Adam.

Re: Yakupov done with the Oilers? [message #614320 is a reply to message #609750 ]
Mon, 11 November 2013 18:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

@CraigCustance: Igor Larionov says he's got a trip planned to Edmonton to discuss how Nail Yakupov is being used.

This whole thing is getting ugly.

Re: Yakupov done with the Oilers? [message #614322 is a reply to message #614320 ]
Mon, 11 November 2013 18:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Hemmer2Eberle wrote on Mon, 11 November 2013 18:48

@CraigCustance: Igor Larionov says he's got a trip planned to Edmonton to discuss how Nail Yakupov is being used.

This whole thing is getting ugly.

This time next week, Igor Larionov should be coaching the Oilers PP . Eakins clearly has no idea how to do it. icon_biggrin

Fire Eakins. Fire MacT.

Re: Yakupov done with the Oilers? [message #614324 is a reply to message #614322 ]
Mon, 11 November 2013 19:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Unless he's coming over to coach Yak to stop being a liability he wasted his money on airfare.

Re: Yakupov done with the Oilers? [message #614328 is a reply to message #614324 ]
Mon, 11 November 2013 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Have to love the timing too. Just days after Arnott announces his retirement.

Re: Yakupov done with the Oilers? [message #614323 is a reply to message #614320 ]
Mon, 11 November 2013 19:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/11/report-yakupov s-agent-to-meet-with-edmonton-brass/

I just don't see Yaks being here by year end. I don't think Eakins will allow an agent to tell him how to run his lines, nor do I think he should.

Re: Yakupov done with the Oilers? [message #614321 is a reply to message #609750 ]
Mon, 11 November 2013 18:54 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

2 Cups

I think we need to treat Nail Yakupov like a rookie. Because, essentially that's what he is. While it might technically be his second season, he's played less than what most rookies play in their first season. And beyond that, he's just a young player with growing pains.

I have a problem with them using Yakupov with Gazdic and Acton. I have much less of a problem with them using him with Arcobello and Smyth. If the coaching staff feels it is best to give him some soft minutes right now as he irons out some wrinkles in his game, so be it. It's not unheard of... just the other day they were talking about how Stamkos was often a healthy scratch his first year. The key though it to still try and get him some ice time - specifically on the powerplay. If there isn't much time on the PP, you try and work him into some shift on the Top-2 lines now and then.

What we are really looking for is to give him opportunities to succeed and to grow. There's different approaches to that, but ultimately it's not going to come sitting in the press box, on the bench, or playing with a couple pluggers.

[Updated on: Mon, 11 November 2013 19:11]

Re: Yakupov done with the Oilers? [message #614330 is a reply to message #609750 ]
Mon, 11 November 2013 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bryan Halls Toupee  is currently offline Bryan Halls Toupee

No Cups

Nail Yakupov’s agent Igor Larionov open to a trade from Edmonton Oilers: “We’re willing to make a move. Any team.”

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/2013/11/11/nail-yakupovs-ag ent-open-to-a-trade-from-edmonton-oilers-were-willing-to-mak e-a-move-any-team/

Oh FFS. icon_dead

Pages (6): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Canadian TV rights deal
Next Topic:What if poll
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2014.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca