This day on August 30
Acquired: Bryan Marchment (1994) Yan Stastny (2005)
Departed: Peter Ing (1993) Steven Rice (1994)

Happy Birthday To: Bobble, cannon7, 7 Costanza, oilers!, DisplacedOil, Rinzler

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Oilers Waive OmarkPages (2): [ «  <  1  2]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Oilers Waive Omark [message #607359 is a reply to message #607250 ]
Tue, 24 September 2013 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hemmer2Eberle  is currently offline Hemmer2Eberle

1 Cup

Bummer. Good luck in the OKC. Hope to see you at some point this year.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Oilers Waive Omark [message #607413 is a reply to message #607250 ]
Wed, 25 September 2013 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zoofarmcheater  is currently offline zoofarmcheater

No Cups

Does anyone know if Omark was claimed by another team or sent down to OKC?

"You've got to smile every day because life you just live once. You've got to push everything you can every day and be nice with the people and keep your family in your heart." - Nail Yakupov

Re: Oilers Waive Omark [message #607467 is a reply to message #607413 ]
Wed, 25 September 2013 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hemskyfan99  is currently offline hemskyfan99

2 Cups

zoofarmcheater wrote on Wed, 25 September 2013 10:34

Eric Rodgers ‏@ericrsports 1h

So Omark is cleared and on the way. Probably will be at camp tomorrow. #OKCBarons

I didn't think anyone would pick him up. Well he can battle for our OKC. Next up is Jones.

Re: Oilers Waive Omark [message #607471 is a reply to message #607467 ]
Wed, 25 September 2013 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

2 Cups

hemskyfan99 wrote on Wed, 25 September 2013 14:07

So Omark is cleared and on the way. Probably will be at camp tomorrow. #OKCBarons

I didn't think anyone would pick him up. Well he can battle for our OKC. Next up is Jones.

That team needs all the offensive help it can get. Omark is about their only weapon right now.

Re: Oilers Waive Omark [message #607472 is a reply to message #607471 ]
Wed, 25 September 2013 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

4 Cups

mightyreasoner wrote on Wed, 25 September 2013 15:00

That team needs all the offensive help it can get. Omark is about their only weapon right now.

That's not 100% accurate.

WAC's and GAB's. WAC's and GAB's.

Re: Oilers Waive Omark [message #607512 is a reply to message #607472 ]
Thu, 26 September 2013 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

2 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 25 September 2013 15:09

Who am I missing?

Rajala gone. Arcobello's up with the Oilers. Hartikainen and Cheechoo are off to Europe. Cornet was let go. The leading scorer on forward that is returning from last year is Anton Lander who put up 20 points in 47 games.

They'll get some offense from the blueline, but the blueline can't carry the offense. They'll have to win the majority of their games 1-0 or 2-1, I would guess.

Re: Oilers Waive Omark [message #607515 is a reply to message #607512 ]
Thu, 26 September 2013 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

4 Cups

mightyreasoner wrote on Thu, 26 September 2013 09:51

CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 25 September 2013 15:09

Who am I missing?

Rajala gone. Arcobello's up with the Oilers. Hartikainen and Cheechoo are off to Europe. Cornet was let go. The leading scorer on forward that is returning from last year is Anton Lander who put up 20 points in 47 games.

They'll get some offense from the blueline, but the blueline can't carry the offense. They'll have to win the majority of their games 1-0 or 2-1, I would guess.

Oh I get what you're saying. Offensive help from OKC. I'm on board with you now.

WAC's and GAB's. WAC's and GAB's.

Re: Oilers Waive Omark [message #607490 is a reply to message #607250 ]
Wed, 25 September 2013 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
goalpost  is currently offline goalpost

No Cups

What are the rules about recalling Omark from OKC.
Does he have to clear waivers again?

Interesting to see that Omark cleared waivers.
I think he, as well as others, were pretty certain he would be picked up on waivers where there is no cost to a team to pick him up (vs a trade).

Am wondering whether early season waivers are easier to clear when teams are chock full of players vying for a roster spot as opposed to later on in the year.

Re: Oilers Waive Omark [message #607494 is a reply to message #607490 ]
Thu, 26 September 2013 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
v4ance  is currently offline v4ance

2 Cups

goalpost wrote on Wed, 25 September 2013 23:04

What are the rules about recalling Omark from OKC.
Does he have to clear waivers again?

I think he, as well as others, were pretty certain he would be picked up on waivers where there is no cost to a team to pick him up (vs a trade).

Am wondering whether early season waivers are easier to clear when teams are chock full of players vying for a roster spot as opposed to later on in the year.

In the new CBA, re-entry waivers are no longer in effect. Once you clear waivers going down, you can be recalled without fear of losing the player coming back up.

The only way we could lose Omark now, is if we brought him back to the NHL and then waived him again trying to send him back down to the AHL.

[Updated on: Thu, 26 September 2013 00:03]

Jordan Eberle on his goal scoring: "A lot of guys joke that I have a muffin. Well, it's an accurate muffin, and that's all that counts."

Re: Oilers Waive Omark [message #607509 is a reply to message #607490 ]
Thu, 26 September 2013 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Ya his supporters are pretty quite now. Obviously every team in the NHL doesn't think he can either benefit their line up or think he is worth what he is getting paid.

Re: Oilers Waive Omark [message #607510 is a reply to message #607509 ]
Thu, 26 September 2013 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

hemskyfan99 wrote on Thu, 26 September 2013 08:42

Ya his supporters are pretty quite now. Obviously every team in the NHL doesn't think he can either benefit their line up or think he is worth what he is getting paid.

I have to say, one thing I don't understand is cheering against one of your team's prospects. I'm not an overly big Omark supporter. I think there are warts in his game and I thought he and the Oilers were completely done before his surprising signing this summer.

But as long as he's on the team, I want to see him do well. I don't care if people think he's cocky. I don't care what he said when demoted in the past. I only care if he's able to grow as a hockey player, because if he does it will help the Edmonton Oilers, whether because we're able to use him or because we're able to trade him. If he flops, that doesn't do the team any good.

So it doesn't make me happy in any way that other teams see no value in him right now and I hope he thrives in OKC, gets called up and thrives as an Oiler. I certainly am not judging him too harshly on the back of a pre-season where he mostly played with scrubs and was told he needed to put up points or he was gone, and I have to say, if I was looking at a line of Yakupov/Gordon/Joensuu or Yakupov/Gordon/Omark, I think the second one is more likely to put up more points.

#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireEakins #FireActon #FireSmith #FireBuchberger #FireMoores #Burnitdown #KeepJoey

Re: Oilers Waive Omark [message #607511 is a reply to message #607510 ]
Thu, 26 September 2013 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 26 September 2013 09:08

hemskyfan99 wrote on Thu, 26 September 2013 08:42

I have to say, one thing I don't understand is cheering against one of your team's prospects. I'm not an overly big Omark supporter. I think there are warts in his game and I thought he and the Oilers were completely done before his surprising signing this summer.

But as long as he's on the team, I want to see him do well. I don't care if people think he's cocky. I don't care what he said when demoted in the past. I only care if he's able to grow as a hockey player, because if he does it will help the Edmonton Oilers, whether because we're able to use him or because we're able to trade him. If he flops, that doesn't do the team any good.

So it doesn't make me happy in any way that other teams see no value in him right now and I hope he thrives in OKC, gets called up and thrives as an Oiler. I certainly am not judging him too harshly on the back of a pre-season where he mostly played with scrubs and was told he needed to put up points or he was gone, and I have to say, if I was looking at a line of Yakupov/Gordon/Joensuu or Yakupov/Gordon/Omark, I think the second one is more likely to put up more points.

It has nothing to do about cheering against a player on the team. I don't mind Omark but he gets a lot of hype about how good he is when he can't crack the Oilers and no other NHL team picks him up.

Is it bad that no one picked him about value wise- yes. Is that on the Oilers - NO!
Is that on Omark - YES!

When you have players like Arcobello, Fedun, Marincin, Larsen, Hamilton, Acton, Hunt, Nurse, Moroz, and Platzer getting more production then that is a problem.

Yes it is a small sample size but your good players should be getting points on the pre-season. Yes it is pre-season and PRV had a hat trick then disappeared so it may not mean much but it has nothing to do with anyone but Omark for not playing well.

GP then Points

LW 6 Joensuu, Jesse 4 4
LW 62 *Arcobello, Mark 5 4
RW 83 Hemsky, Ales 4 4
D 81 *Fedun, Taylor 4 4
D 80 *Marincin, Martin 2 3
LW 94 Smyth, Ryan 4 3
RW 64 Yakupov, Nail 4 3
D 36 Larsen, Philip 4 3
C 27 Gordon, Boyd 3 3
LW 48 Hamilton, Ryan 5 3
LW 4 Hall, Taylor 4 2
LW 41 Acton, Will 5 2
D 59 *Hunt, Brad 2 2
D 19 Schultz, Justin 3 2
D 74 *Nurse, Darnell 4 2
D 2 Petry, Jeff 4 2
LW 53 *Moroz, Mitchell 1 1
C 71 *Platzer, Kyle 1 1
C 89 Gagner, Sam 3 1
LW 55 Eager, Ben 4 1
RW 28 Jones, Ryan 5 1
D 87 *Musil, David 1 1
LW 54 *Khaira, Jujhar 1 1
D 88 *Davidson, Brandon 2 1
C 66 *Martindale, Ryan 2 1
D 37 Grebeshkov, Denis 3 1
D 77 Belov, Anton 3 1
LW 23 Omark, Linus 3 1
C 68 *Pitlick, Tyler 4 1
RW 13 Brown, Mike 4 1

Re: Oilers Waive Omark [message #607513 is a reply to message #607511 ]
Thu, 26 September 2013 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55 is currently online Kr55

3 Cups

Omark has become a player that people use to try to gauge their ability to judge hockey talent and ability I think :) It's like a super long contest (cause he's been on the bubble so damn long) to see who can make the proper judgement of how good he really is and if he can crack an NHL lineup. It's easy to treat him like that too for people that think he can't make it because he's cocky and can't back it up.

I hope he can help the OKC team win, but IMO that's going to be the height of his contribution playing in North America. Still, good for him wanting to make it here. He always has the easy road available to him to just be a star in Europe.

..talk is cheap
..success is coming
..the game that we present and stage for the fans most nights is one of very, very high entertainment
..limitless potential
..good structural improvement

Eakins: I know EXACTLY what we need to do next year...

Re: Oilers Waive Omark [message #607538 is a reply to message #607250 ]
Thu, 26 September 2013 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hemmer2Eberle  is currently offline Hemmer2Eberle

1 Cup

@CopperandBlue: "if Nurse says he is disappointed he is sent down, it shows passion, yet if Omark does, it shows a lack of maturity?"

I'd love to hear what you guys have to say about this one.

Re: Oilers Waive Omark [message #607548 is a reply to message #607538 ]
Thu, 26 September 2013 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Hemmer2Eberle wrote on Thu, 26 September 2013 13:06

@CopperandBlue: "if Nurse says he is disappointed he is sent down, it shows passion, yet if Omark does, it shows a lack of maturity?"

This is a clear case of prejudice against Europeans!

Actually, it's a better case of the media deciding what makes for a better story and running with it. No villains or scapegoats? Omark is their man. Looking for a sentimental story about Jason Smith Part 2? That's Nurse. I was just reading some of Matheson's recent articles, and "Jason Smith" was constantly thrown out there. Our media just wants to find the best story, regardless of looking like hypocrites.

"You've got to smile every day because life you just live once. You've got to push everything you can every day and be nice with the people and keep your family in your heart." - Nail Yakupov

Re: Oilers Waive Omark [message #607550 is a reply to message #607548 ]
Thu, 26 September 2013 17:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

zoofarmcheater wrote on Thu, 26 September 2013 15:30

Hemmer2Eberle wrote on Thu, 26 September 2013 13:06

This is a clear case of prejudice against Europeans!

Actually, it's a better case of the media deciding what makes for a better story and running with it. No villains or scapegoats? Omark is their man. Looking for a sentimental story about Jason Smith Part 2? That's Nurse. I was just reading some of Matheson's recent articles, and "Jason Smith" was constantly thrown out there. Our media just wants to find the best story, regardless of looking like hypocrites.

Contexts can be different too- perhaps it was perceived that Nurse's disappointment stemmed from competitiveness while Omark's stemmed from a sense of self-entitlement.

"Life is warfare and the sojourn of a stranger in a strange land." - Marcus Aurelius

Re: Oilers Waive Omark [message #607551 is a reply to message #607550 ]
Thu, 26 September 2013 17:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Ragnarok73 wrote on Thu, 26 September 2013 17:09

Contexts can be different too- perhaps it was perceived that Nurse's disappointment stemmed from competitiveness while Omark's stemmed from a sense of self-entitlement.

Context indeed, and unfortunately supplied by Omark when he

requested a trade:

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/2012/04/11/linus-omark-twee ts-apparent-trade-request/

and unsuccessfully tried out for Team Sweden for the World Championship as opposed to returning to the Barons for playoffs -- although he may not have been eligible but I believe Omark the trade request [asking Edmonton to give him a chance with another team] and decision to go to the World Championship makes his eligibility irrelevant because Omark wanted out of the Oilers organization.

http://oilersnation.com/2012/7/28/linus-omark-believes-hell- be-an-nhler-in-2012-13

Edit 2 -- fixed the link. The oilersnation article makes clear that Omark felt there was a market and opportunity for him with other teams and perhaps the tone of self-entitlement you were referring to [from Omark's perspective it's the Oiler's not him].

Edit 1 -- The context provided by Nurse is quite to the contrary.

Nurse made clear from the outset that he would be better served by another year in junior.

It's a past time on this forum to call our local media morons but I don't think they are at all amiss or biased or sensationalist or inconsistent on this one.

[Updated on: Thu, 26 September 2013 17:32]

Re: Oilers Waive Omark [message #607553 is a reply to message #607551 ]
Thu, 26 September 2013 17:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

goalpost wrote on Thu, 26 September 2013 17:22

requested a trade:

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/2012/04/11/linus-omark-twee ts-apparent-trade-request/

and unsuccessfully tried out for Team Sweden for the World Championship as opposed to returning to the Barons for playoffs -- although he may not have been eligible but I believe Omark the trade request [asking Edmonton to give him a chance with another team] and decision to go to the World Championship makes his eligibility irrelevant because Omark wanted out of the Oilers organization.

http://oilersnation.com/2012/7/28/linus-omark-believes-hell- be-an-nhler-in-2012-13

Edit 2 -- fixed the link. The oilersnation article makes clear that Omark felt there was a market and opportunity for him with other teams and perhaps the tone of self-entitlement you were referring to [from Omark's perspective it's the Oiler's not him].

Nurse made clear from the outset that he would be better served by another year in junior.

It's a past time on this forum to call our local media morons but I don't think they are at all amiss or biased or sensationalist or inconsistent on this one.

I don't think there's anything wrong with what either of them did. I expect players to be disappointed when cut from teams. I expect that none of them succeed without believing they belong at the next level and having a high level of self-confidence.

I think that zoofarmcheater is correct when he suggests media does have their favourites, and prefers to write one story about one player and another about another in the same situation. Certainly, we've seen no shortage of player disputes on salary over the years, and we've seen some very different reporting based on who the player is. Same with things like staying out late...there are those who you know are out late the night before games (because you see them yourself) and then there are those that the media flags for staying out late.

I don't think that's calling them morons to say that, I think it's just accurate. While there was a joke about Swedish vs. Canadian, it's not entirely off base. It's not a coincidence that it's Kovalenko or Mironov who the media feels it will rat out to the public as less than fully committed to the program, while Messier is just a Canadian kid blowing off steam when he's out until all hours.

Some of the media in the city definitely have Cherry-ish leanings when it comes to Europeans, even those who'd prefer to think themselves above it. I know I've seen Matheson compliment certain European players before by suggesting they play like Canadians.

As for trade requests, I don't mind that much when it comes to bubble players, because I do think they have to look out for themselves. They have a very short shelf life and so if there is another team that will play them, while we don't have a spot for them? Then they should try to make the most of it. Despite my fan's loyalty to the team, for a guy who's just in the organization, it makes little sense to be too attached to the team you're playing for, because the team is always going to try to make itself better and so if they don't think you're a slam dunk, you're always at risk of them getting a new player or drafting a new kid or just discarding you because you don't fit their plans. If you believe there's a place where you're a better fit, why not ask to go there. If they say no, that's their right, but I really can't blame a player for that. I think it's a little different when you're a star player who the team has made a serious commitment to, but even there, much as I hate Pronger and what he did to us, if circumstances are such that you're not going to be happy somewhere, at the end of the day you need to look after yourself.

Tweeting isn't the best way to achieve that, I'd say. Communication might not be Linus' strong suit, which makes it easier for the media to brand him a certain way, just as they did with Yakupov last year during the WJHC.

#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireEakins #FireActon #FireSmith #FireBuchberger #FireMoores #Burnitdown #KeepJoey

Re: Oilers Waive Omark [message #607555 is a reply to message #607553 ]
Thu, 26 September 2013 18:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 26 September 2013 17:48

goalpost wrote on Thu, 26 September 2013 17:22

requested a trade:

I don't think there's anything wrong with what either of them did. I expect players to be disappointed when cut from teams. I expect that none of them succeed without believing they belong at the next level and having a high level of self-confidence.

I think that zoofarmcheater is correct when he suggests media does have their favourites, and prefers to write one story about one player and another about another in the same situation. Certainly, we've seen no shortage of player disputes on salary over the years, and we've seen some very different reporting based on who the player is. Same with things like staying out late...there are those who you know are out late the night before games (because you see them yourself) and then there are those that the media flags for staying out late.

I don't think that's calling them morons to say that, I think it's just accurate. While there was a joke about Swedish vs. Canadian, it's not entirely off base. It's not a coincidence that it's Kovalenko or Mironov who the media feels it will rat out to the public as less than fully committed to the program, while Messier is just a Canadian kid blowing off steam when he's out until all hours.

Some of the media in the city definitely have Cherry-ish leanings when it comes to Europeans, even those who'd prefer to think themselves above it. I know I've seen Matheson compliment certain European players before by suggesting they play like Canadians.

As for trade requests, I don't mind that much when it comes to bubble players, because I do think they have to look out for themselves. They have a very short shelf life and so if there is another team that will play them, while we don't have a spot for them? Then they should try to make the most of it. Despite my fan's loyalty to the team, for a guy who's just in the organization, it makes little sense to be too attached to the team you're playing for, because the team is always going to try to make itself better and so if they don't think you're a slam dunk, you're always at risk of them getting a new player or drafting a new kid or just discarding you because you don't fit their plans. If you believe there's a place where you're a better fit, why not ask to go there. If they say no, that's their right, but I really can't blame a player for that. I think it's a little different when you're a star player who the team has made a serious commitment to, but even there, much as I hate Pronger and what he did to us, if circumstances are such that you're not going to be happy somewhere, at the end of the day you need to look after yourself.

Tweeting isn't the best way to achieve that, I'd say. Communication might not be Linus' strong suit, which makes it easier for the media to brand him a certain way, just as they did with Yakupov last year during the WJHC.

Using bias [gross over-generalizations] to justify and support an argument of bias.
It's simply a poor argument you have advanced.

You have argued that you consider there is nothing wrong with Omark expressing disappointment and being self entitled in looking after his own interests and it is incumbent upon him to do so.

Those your beliefs. Fine. They are a red herring / smoke screen.

Respecting the media.
You consider the media is biased -- believe what you may.

Because in the within context the media wasn't biased but responding to context, and to use a generalization / generalized belief the media is biased and completely ignore within context and call the media biased, when in the present circumstances the media is warranted, is in substance using what is little more than a bias against the media to come to a predetermined conclusion in complete disregard actual facts and circumstances.

Particularly because you argue at length that Omark as a bubble player ought to be pursuing his self interests above all [self entitlement].
So Omark should be self entitled but the media is biased in calling him self entitled.

Fact remains -- Omark created a context and the media reported that context.
When Omark was previously demoted he demanded a trade and refused to report [if not expressly then indirectly by going elsewhere and demanding the trade] expressed the very same self entitlement you consider he is entitled to.
Particularly as you consider that not only is it logical but reasonable for Omark to be pursuing his self interests it seems that your read of the situation would be similar to that of the media.

Nurse both in context [recognition of the need to develop his game] and execution [not making demands] is almost the exact opposite of Omark.

Nurse created his context -- Prior to camp he stated a return [demotion] to junior to let him develop and dominate and have a chance at the WJHC [because apparently recognizes he is a bubble player right now and wants to develop his skill set to become a lock].

I think we both agree that the problem with bias -- or gross overgeneralizations -- is that they often [not always] -- it is used to justify a predetermined outcome in complete disregard to the actual facts and circumstances.

I don't particularly want to debate the nebulus topic of Edmonton media bias, but in the present context -- the allegation is false and as with the the examples you gave.

Quite simply, Messier [an elite hall of fame player - reputation and legacy of being a an elite leader - significant amount of success particularly during his time with the Oilers - during an era of unparalleled success for the Oilers and arguably in professional sports - during a different era in professional sports] is not analogous to Mironove / Kovalenko.

Re: Oilers Waive Omark [message #607567 is a reply to message #607555 ]
Fri, 27 September 2013 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Would you prefer I use Joffrey Lupul as an example? Party boy in Edmonton, never talked about in the press despite ample knowledge of it and a very disappointing season. Why is he not singled out like Kovalenko was?

Re: Oilers Waive Omark [message #607569 is a reply to message #607567 ]
Fri, 27 September 2013 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve  is currently offline Steve

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Fri, 27 September 2013 00:31

Would you prefer I use Joffrey Lupul as an example? Party boy in Edmonton, never talked about in the press despite ample knowledge of it and a very disappointing season. Why is he not singled out like Kovalenko was?

Wait a sec. Lupul wasn't called out for partying? I was hearing that every other day, or so I recall.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."

- Calvin

Re: Oilers Waive Omark [message #607573 is a reply to message #607569 ]
Fri, 27 September 2013 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Steve wrote on Fri, 27 September 2013 05:19

Wait a sec. Lupul wasn't called out for partying? I was hearing that every other day, or so I recall.

Yes, in here. It never was in the papers.

Re: Oilers Waive Omark [message #607583 is a reply to message #607573 ]
Fri, 27 September 2013 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

I seem to be one of the only people here that actually reads the sports section in the Journal every day, and I have never read or even heard about Lupul being a big party guy until today. The media was definitely not all over him about it.

Re: Oilers Waive Omark [message #607588 is a reply to message #607573 ]
Fri, 27 September 2013 11:14 Go to previous message
Steve  is currently offline Steve

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Fri, 27 September 2013 07:25

Steve wrote on Fri, 27 September 2013 05:19

Yes, in here. It never was in the papers.

And Mironov was? Didn't he miss a practice or a plane or something? I seem to have a vague memory of something like that. In any event, whatever the facts are, I'm not sure, but it seems fair and reasonable to report on a guy missing his obligations. Otherwise, it probably shouldn't be in a respectable paper like the Journal. That's tabloid stuff (i.e., the Sun).

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."

- Calvin

Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]  
Previous Topic:Final preseason game: Oilers vs Stars in OKC
Next Topic:Opening Night Roster
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2014.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca