This day on July 27
Departed: Shjon Podein (1994)

Happy Birthday To: izmar, scemo2k, dkrahn, Dekes, Oil fan in Ont, ilovelamp, Kman

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Speculation » What would you give up for Malkin?Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: What would you give up for Malkin? [message #600131 is a reply to message #600008 ]
Fri, 07 June 2013 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ChasinStanley  is currently offline ChasinStanley

2 Cups

Anyone not named Hall, J Schultz or Yakapov

Taylor Hall, June 25 2010

With the five Cups they won it would mean a lot to me to join their organization, hopefully bring another one up there. That is the ultimate goal for me and the franchise

Send a private message to this user  

Re: What would you give up for Malkin? [message #600142 is a reply to message #600131 ]
Fri, 07 June 2013 17:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ryanc182 is currently online ryanc182

No Cups

If it's cap space they want, then what about Gagner, the 7th, 2014 1st round, and 2015 3rd round.

Re: What would you give up for Malkin? [message #600148 is a reply to message #600131 ]
Fri, 07 June 2013 21:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KenMoreira  is currently offline KenMoreira

No Cups

I'd add RNH to that, we need Two centers, Malkin and RNH are polar opposite that would give us two different looks for teams to have to adjust too.

Re: What would you give up for Malkin? [message #600143 is a reply to message #600008 ]
Fri, 07 June 2013 18:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
v4ance  is currently offline v4ance

2 Cups

I would give up nothing for Malkin.

My mom had a saying. " Your eyes are bigger than your stomach" In this case, it would translate into your greed is bigger than your cap room.

Adding Malkin to the roster along with Hall, Eberle, RNH, Yakupov and Justin Schultz's current and future cap commitments would put us in a bind similar to the Tampa Bay Lightning where we have too much tied up into too few star players and end up with a flawed team. Too much money tied up in forwards means that we would have to skimp on defence or goal or in replacement depth.

I would love to take Malkin as a player but his cap hit of ~$8 million is just too much. Better just stick to finding a good 2nd line center, 3 fourth line players and a depth defenceman for the same price.

Jordan Eberle on his goal scoring: "A lot of guys joke that I have a muffin. Well, it's an accurate muffin, and that's all that counts."

Re: What would you give up for Malkin? [message #600155 is a reply to message #600143 ]
Sat, 08 June 2013 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fridge01  is currently offline Fridge01

No Cups

I say Weber's 25min a game on the point for 7M > Malkins 20min a game up the middle for 8M

Re: What would you give up for Malkin? [message #600320 is a reply to message #600008 ]
Sun, 09 June 2013 14:25 Go to previous message
dkb19  is currently offline dkb19

1 Cup

For Malkin? I'd give up our next 3 first round picks. He's an amazing talent on the ice, stays out of trouble off of it too. Edmonton, should this pipe-dream become a reality, will not have had a player of Malkin's caliber on our roster sincethe early 90s (Weight was great, but Malkin is better).

5 Cups and counting.

Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]  
Previous Topic:Hurricanes 5th Overall Pick
Next Topic:Should the Oilers pursue Doug Weight?
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2014.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca