This day on October 31
None

Happy Birthday To: sk8ergrl, mazankowski

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Speculation » Treena's Oil is at again.....Pages (9): [1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #589777]
Wed, 20 February 2013 20:28 Go to next message
JRock71  is currently offline JRock71

No Cups

Well looks who's back. It's not Eklund! Definetly not HockeyyInsiderr but Treena's Oil.

Just came up with 4 tweets in the last 20 minutes:

Tracy ‏@TreenasOilProtected account

Sharks have inquired about the availability of Hemsky Oilers not moving him this season

7 minsTracy ‏@TreenasOilProtected account

Islanders and Oilers had discussed a three way trade involving O Riley

8 minsTracy ‏@TreenasOilProtected account

Oilers have had calls from Leafs and Wings who are interested in a defence man as per Garfield

10 minsTracy ‏@TreenasOilProtected account

Horcoff may be out longer than first anticipated Oilers looking at signing a big free agent centre as per Garfield

" Right, people you have to tell me these things, okay? I've been frozen for thirty years, okay? Throw me a frickin' bone here! I'm the boss! Need the info.
" - Dr. Evil

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #589778 is a reply to message #589777 ]
Wed, 20 February 2013 20:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

JRock71 wrote on Wed, 20 February 2013 20:28

8 minsTracy ‏@TreenasOilProtected account
Oilers have had calls from Leafs and Wings who are interested in a defence man as per Garfield

Is Tracy some sort of heroin junkie? If any other team would be interested in the Oil's D-men, they would likely only be interested in J Schultz, at which point Tambo should take less than a second to give them a huge middle finger with a suggestion on what any interested parties could do with themselves.

The typical Oil fan after a game:
http://i.imgur.com/FddGWAw.gif

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #589780 is a reply to message #589777 ]
Wed, 20 February 2013 21:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm is currently online nullterm

6 Cups

Assuming any truth, just using them as hypothetical discussion points, Treena doesn't have a stellar rep.

Sharks/Hemsky - Whew! I'd be pissed if we trade Hemsky, means even management has no faith in the team even trying for the playoffs.

OReilly would be interesting.

If the Leafs or Wings want 5-6 d-men then we have a surplus: Potter, Peckham, Whitney. Everyone else I keep.

Big center? I guess we'll see.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #589781 is a reply to message #589777 ]
Wed, 20 February 2013 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oilertime  is currently offline Oilertime

No Cups

- not suprised that teams are inquiring about Hemsky. Next year is decision time on #83.

- don't see the Oilers getting ROR. I would assume something like Neidereitter + top 6 fwd for ROR. Then NYI flips Streit or Visnovsky to Edmonton in a salary dump.

- if Whitney, Potter or Peckham have any value it's to a team banged up on D. Potter and Peckham are cheap stopgap solutions. But it's not like the Oilers are deep in quality defence men.

- what free agents are left. Arnott? Morrison? Slim pickings out there.

https://twitter.com/Reggie__11

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #589782 is a reply to message #589781 ]
Wed, 20 February 2013 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jimmer  is currently offline Jimmer

No Cups

Buy low sell high?

How about:

Sean Couturier

for

Sam Gagner + Theo Peckham

I love what Gagner has done this season but honestly....it is "lightning in a bottle" and we will kicking ourselves for not trading him when his value is as high as it has ever been.

“I wanna kiss you. I couldn't care less about the team struggguulliing…We're looking to make a noise now and ... I wanna kiss you!” – Joe Namath.

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #589783 is a reply to message #589782 ]
Wed, 20 February 2013 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Jimmer wrote on Wed, 20 February 2013 21:24

Buy low sell high?

How about:

Sean Couturier

for

I love what Gagner has done this season but honestly....it is "lightning in a bottle" and we will kicking ourselves for not trading him when his value is as high as it has ever been.

I don't want to trade Gagner at all. But I would really consider that.

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #589797 is a reply to message #589782 ]
Thu, 21 February 2013 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Jimmer wrote on Wed, 20 February 2013 22:24

Buy low sell high?

How about:

Sean Couturier

for

I think you're kidding yourself if you believe that Philly will do that deal. No team in the league likes big players better than Philadelphia and they really didn't like the last small centre they acquired from us.

To go from Gagner to a big young centre who can score at a similar rate, you're going to have to put a lot more sweeteners in the deal than our eighth defenceman.

[Updated on: Thu, 21 February 2013 08:39]

#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireEakins #FireActon #FireSmith #FireBuchberger #FireMoores #Burnitdown #KeepJoey

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #589805 is a reply to message #589797 ]
Thu, 21 February 2013 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 21 February 2013 11:37

I think you're kidding yourself if you believe that Philly will do that deal. No team in the league likes big players better than Philadelphia and they really didn't like the last small centre they acquired from us.

To go from Gagner to a big young centre who can score at a similar rate, you're going to have to put a lot more sweeteners in the deal than our eighth defenceman.

Somewhat OT - but is there a team that gets more out of their forwards than the Flyers? Seems everyone does pretty well there.

Voracek: 18pts
Schenn: 14 pts
Simmonds: 12 pts
Couturier: 7 pts

Richards: 10 pts
Carter: 10 pts

Despite LA winning the Cup, those trades are looking pretty good for Philly.

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #589840 is a reply to message #589797 ]
Thu, 21 February 2013 18:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Magnum  is currently offline Magnum

4 Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 21 February 2013 08:37

Buy low sell high?

How about:

Sean Couturier

for

You make a good point about Philly's weakness/desire for size. Conversely Edmonton seems obsessed with speed and smallness. Both methods don't work, both could use some of what the other has.

Learning is the most important part of learning basic defence.

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #589856 is a reply to message #589840 ]
Thu, 21 February 2013 20:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Magnum wrote on Thu, 21 February 2013 18:52

Adam wrote on Thu, 21 February 2013 08:37

Buy low sell high?

How about:

Sean Couturier

for

You make a good point about Philly's weakness/desire for size. Conversely Edmonton seems obsessed with speed and smallness. Both methods don't work, both could use some of what the other has.

Of course, we all remember the last time the Oilers traded a small centre for a big defenceman from Philly. Didn't work out well for either team as neither Comrie nor Woywitka really worked out.

#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireEakins #FireActon #FireSmith #FireBuchberger #FireMoores #Burnitdown #KeepJoey

- only if LogRe: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #589812 is a reply to message #589777 ]
Thu, 21 February 2013 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oily  is currently offline Oily

No Cups

Hemsky to SJ? Only if Logan Coture is coming the other way.
3 way the isles? not sure how we fit? but this would be nice!
Oil trade Whitney and a pick to the Isles then Isles trade Boyes, Neiderreider for O'Riley and Erik Johnson, the Isles send Johnson to Oil.

As for leafs/Det - Schultz is not going anywhere - depends on what they want and are willing to give up. Potter/Peks = 3rd pick or a prospect. Whitney 2nd rnd pick or prospect Petry,Schultz Smid, a young roster player.

there are no big free agents unless he/she means big and slow ie Anrott - in that case Pass

Re: - only if LogRe: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #589826 is a reply to message #589812 ]
Thu, 21 February 2013 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oily wrote on Thu, 21 February 2013 11:17

Hemsky to SJ? Only if Logan Coture is coming the other way.
3 way the isles? not sure how we fit? but this would be nice!
Oil trade Whitney and a pick to the Isles then Isles trade Boyes, Neiderreider for O'Riley and Erik Johnson, the Isles send Johnson to Oil.

As for leafs/Det - Schultz is not going anywhere - depends on what they want and are willing to give up. Potter/Peks = 3rd pick or a prospect. Whitney 2nd rnd pick or prospect Petry,Schultz Smid, a young roster player.

there are no big free agents unless he/she means big and slow ie Anrott - in that case Pass

The only defenceman I trade for a pick right now is Ryan Whitney, and even then, only because he has a big contract and we'll be able to afford to make another move with his money freed up.

I think defencemen are hard to find, and we don't HAVE to get rid of anyone, so why trade them unless you're getting something back that helps you? Second, third round picks...those will more likely than not turn in to nothing. So stockpiling them isn't something I'm in a hurry to do at the expense of players that are already NHLers.

Forwards are different right now, because the Oilers have a surplus when everyone is healthy and better to get a pick than lose them on waivers, but even then...I'd prefer something useful to picks that have a low likelihood of becoming NHL players.

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #589935 is a reply to message #589777 ]
Thu, 21 February 2013 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

2 Cups

Quote:

RT ‏@TreenasOil Oilers have offered Whitney to Ottawa for Bishop... As per Garfield

Actually could work for both teams. Seems like it would be a great move for the Oilers. I'm on board with that.

EDIT: Just saw Craig Anderson is injured. I doubt Ottawa move Bishop now, especially for a rental. Scratch this proposal.

[Updated on: Thu, 21 February 2013 22:25]

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #590022 is a reply to message #589935 ]
Fri, 22 February 2013 19:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Just got back from watching the Wildcats pummel Drummondville. I know we don't really need prospects right now, but IF we happen to make a trade with St Louis, I would love to get Dmitrij Jaskin. A hulking rugged 6'3" winger (RW) - looks like a Lindros lite out there. 1G 3A tonight (and 4 hits) bringing his season totals to 44GP, 40G, 45A, 85Pts.

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #590035 is a reply to message #590022 ]
Fri, 22 February 2013 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mars  is currently offline Mars

No Cups

Mike wrote on Fri, 22 February 2013 19:09

Just got back from watching the Wildcats pummel Drummondville. I know we don't really need prospects right now, but IF we happen to make a trade with St Louis, I would love to get Dmitrij Jaskin. A hulking rugged 6'3" winger (RW) - looks like a Lindros lite out there. 1G 3A tonight (and 4 hits) bringing his season totals to 44GP, 40G, 45A, 85Pts.

Actually sounds like a prospect the Oil, if not most teams, could use.

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #590041 is a reply to message #590022 ]
Sat, 23 February 2013 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cableguy  is currently offline cableguy

1 Cup

Mike wrote on Fri, 22 February 2013 19:09

Could be a steal at #41 for them, sounds like he could be Chris Stewart's future replacement

Playin Bad for Ekblad

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #591680 is a reply to message #589777 ]
Thu, 07 March 2013 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Why not? After games like tonight, it makes sense to discuss what changes the team need to make. A whole bunch of tweets tonight:

Quote:

Leafs had offered Steckel for Peckham

Not the worst deal, but I'd rather hang onto Peckham. Of the revolving 6/7/8 defensemen we've had this year, he's probably the guy with the highest ceiling and the most unique skillset. Perhaps pitch Potter instead?

Quote:

Wade Arnott had discussions with Tambellini about Jason coming back but Tambellini could not close the deal as per Garfield

Could be, but with Arnott having no deal anywhere, you'd think it wouldn't have been too hard to get a deal done. Perhaps Tambellini just needed more time to evaluate.

Quote:

Oilers have scouted Jason Chimera from Caps and are interested .... As per Garfield

Ha! I guess Comrie was able to make up and come back, but Chimera doesn't seem like the kind of guy who'd be happy to be back here. Been struggling this year, but to be honest, I'd probably consider him if the deal was right. Management term and cap hit.

Quote:

Oilers trying to move both Jones and Petrell APG

Petrell I get. Jones I don't. The two UFA the Oilers should try to be extending are Jones and Smid. For all the question marks surrounding our bottom six wingers, Jones is exactly what you want - a gritty forward who can kill penalties, chip in some goals, and play up and down the lineup. He pushes everyone around him to be better. The Oilers should be looking to lock him up rather than move him out.

Quote:

Senators interested in Hemsky have offered Bishop APG

I can see why the Sens would be interested in Hemsky, but that's a ridiculous offer. Bishop has promise but is largely unproven, and with him not in the Sens plans, I'd be surprised if they get much more than what they got him for. The asking price on Bishop should be a 2nd Rd. pick and a B-grade prospect (Martindale, Hamilton, maybe even Musil). I'd consider that.

Quote:

Kings had offered Bernier for Khabibulin and MPS. APG

Again, the rumoured asking price last year was a 2nd Round pick + prospect. I wouldn't want to give up much more than that, especially Paajarvi who is showing all kinds of good things lately. Still, Bernier would be a target of mine with Khabibulin leaving this summer.

Quote:

Little interest in Whitney mostly from #Blues APG

I have a really hard time seeing anyone picking up Whitney, especially before the deadline. His contract is killer this season.

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #591699 is a reply to message #591680 ]
Fri, 08 March 2013 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PunkInDrublic  is currently offline PunkInDrublic

No Cups

Hemsky for Bishop straight up?! Not a chance. Potential 70 pt player for an unproven goalie, who is currently a full time backup or AHLer.

Bernier for Khabibulin and MPS?! Maybe for MPS alone, but Maggie seems to have his confidence back, so I would see how that plays out. If it were me, he'd have the second line LW spot all year and let him roll. Move Yakupov to RW and punt Hemmer somehow.

Chimera? Why? He's stated on more than one occasion that he doesn't like Edmonton. Why bother?! There are better alternatives.

Arnott? See Chimera, but add in conditioning issues and age.

Peckham for Steckell? Maybe, but I'd prefer was an add-on in a bigger move. Peckham is still young and still has potential, while Steckell gives us the size, but supposedly he is very slow and won't develop any more than he already has at 30 years old.

Petrell? I have no issue moving him but it needs to be part of a package for a better player, not for picks or a 1 for 1 deal.

Whitney? I can understand that there isn't much interest, but at the trade deadline, he should be worth a second round pick for an team needing defensive depth for the playoffs.

Jones? I'm torn on this one. He's been good for us and is a decent third line RW.

I'm not surprised that the value isn't there yet considering the Oilers are in a tough position. There has to be a substantial deal or two out there...

[Updated on: Fri, 08 March 2013 08:49]

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #591702 is a reply to message #591699 ]
Fri, 08 March 2013 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
messier11  is currently offline messier11

No Cups

Please Tambo, do not trade Smid or Jones. Some year, hopefully very soon (next at the latest) we will make the playoffs and guys like these are the ones that win for you in the playoffs.

Smid hasn't looked the same as he did last year, but everyone else will have noticed that too so the return will be diluted, I say sign him up and keep him for the long haul.

Jones is the energy guy that every team needs...I know someone will come on here and reply and say that guys like him area dime a dozen and while that may be true, he is an OILER, so lets just keep him and the relationships with the city and his teammates around. What are you going to get for him anyway? a 2nd rounder at the very, very best...maizl keep 'im.

I am resigning myself to believe that if we are not anywhere near the playoffs in 3 weeks that Hemmer will be gone but I don't really like that either.

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #591705 is a reply to message #591680 ]
Fri, 08 March 2013 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

mightyreasoner wrote on Thu, 07 March 2013 22:33

Why not? After games like tonight, it makes sense to discuss what changes the team need to make. A whole bunch of tweets tonight:

Quote:

Leafs had offered Steckel for Peckham

Not the worst deal, but I'd rather hang onto Peckham. Of the revolving 6/7/8 defensemen we've had this year, he's probably the guy with the highest ceiling and the most unique skillset. Perhaps pitch Potter instead?

Quote:

Wade Arnott had discussions with Tambellini about Jason coming back but Tambellini could not close the deal as per Garfield

Could be, but with Arnott having no deal anywhere, you'd think it wouldn't have been too hard to get a deal done. Perhaps Tambellini just needed more time to evaluate.

Quote:

Oilers have scouted Jason Chimera from Caps and are interested .... As per Garfield

Ha! I guess Comrie was able to make up and come back, but Chimera doesn't seem like the kind of guy who'd be happy to be back here. Been struggling this year, but to be honest, I'd probably consider him if the deal was right. Management term and cap hit.

Quote:

Oilers trying to move both Jones and Petrell APG

Petrell I get. Jones I don't. The two UFA the Oilers should try to be extending are Jones and Smid. For all the question marks surrounding our bottom six wingers, Jones is exactly what you want - a gritty forward who can kill penalties, chip in some goals, and play up and down the lineup. He pushes everyone around him to be better. The Oilers should be looking to lock him up rather than move him out.

Quote:

Senators interested in Hemsky have offered Bishop APG

I can see why the Sens would be interested in Hemsky, but that's a ridiculous offer. Bishop has promise but is largely unproven, and with him not in the Sens plans, I'd be surprised if they get much more than what they got him for. The asking price on Bishop should be a 2nd Rd. pick and a B-grade prospect (Martindale, Hamilton, maybe even Musil). I'd consider that.

Quote:

Kings had offered Bernier for Khabibulin and MPS. APG

Again, the rumoured asking price last year was a 2nd Round pick + prospect. I wouldn't want to give up much more than that, especially Paajarvi who is showing all kinds of good things lately. Still, Bernier would be a target of mine with Khabibulin leaving this summer.

Quote:

Little interest in Whitney mostly from #Blues APG

I have a really hard time seeing anyone picking up Whitney, especially before the deadline. His contract is killer this season.

You'll notic ethat none of those deals really make us any better. If that's what's going on in Tambo's kitchen, then Lord help us.

Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #591711 is a reply to message #591705 ]
Fri, 08 March 2013 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Lacking hard working veterans who go out and give you everything every shift. So we trade Jones. Yeah right.

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #591713 is a reply to message #591711 ]
Fri, 08 March 2013 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mars  is currently offline Mars

No Cups

nullterm wrote on Fri, 08 March 2013 10:31

Lacking hard working veterans who go out and give you everything every shift. So we trade Jones. Yeah right.

Perhaps they have a strong indication he won't resign here.

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #591715 is a reply to message #591713 ]
Fri, 08 March 2013 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

4 Cups

Mars wrote on Fri, 08 March 2013 10:38

No chance. He's looked at the plan and likes where this team is going and wants to be part of something great.

WAC's and GAB's. WAC's and GAB's.

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #591719 is a reply to message #591715 ]
Fri, 08 March 2013 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 08 March 2013 09:50

Mars wrote on Fri, 08 March 2013 10:38

No chance. He's looked at the plan and likes where this team is going and wants to be part of something great.

Should have signed him before the road trip... Jking

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #591716 is a reply to message #591713 ]
Fri, 08 March 2013 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zoofarmcheater  is currently offline zoofarmcheater

No Cups

For the first time ever, I'm beginning to think we should fire all the management guys including pro scouts so that MacT is the only one allowed on the phone in the week leading up to trade deadline day. I have a lot more faith in him than I've had in LoweBellini. And that's sad because I've been one of their biggest supporters over the years.

"You've got to smile every day because life you just live once. You've got to push everything you can every day and be nice with the people and keep your family in your heart." - Nail Yakupov

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #591721 is a reply to message #591716 ]
Fri, 08 March 2013 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

zoofarmcheater wrote on Fri, 08 March 2013 09:50

For the first time ever, I'm beginning to think we should fire all the management guys including pro scouts so that MacT is the only one allowed on the phone in the week leading up to trade deadline day. I have a lot more faith in him than I've had in LoweBellini. And that's sad because I've been one of their biggest supporters over the years.

I was thinking about MacT last night. He's a smart cookie, just finished his business (or law?) degree. Of anyone in the organization, I guess he's the lesser evil. Atleast he isn't the worst interview in the whole league. MacT talking is always entertaining. Especially when he gives Stauffer a hard time.

Then again I think we need to get past the old boys club.

Then I realize Katz is an Oilers fan, not a hockey fan.

Then I realize we're screwed.

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #591741 is a reply to message #591721 ]
Fri, 08 March 2013 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rocksteady  is currently offline Rocksteady

2 Cups

nullterm wrote on Fri, 08 March 2013 11:02

I was thinking about MacT last night. He's a smart cookie, just finished his business (or law?) degree. Of anyone in the organization, I guess he's the lesser evil. Atleast he isn't the worst interview in the whole league. MacT talking is always entertaining. Especially when he gives Stauffer a hard time.

Then again I think we need to get past the old boys club.

Then I realize Katz is an Oilers fan, not a hockey fan.

Then I realize we're screwed.

Slow clap. icon_nod

The very definition of insanity is doing the same thing expecting different results.

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #593762 is a reply to message #591741 ]
Tue, 26 March 2013 19:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NCREDiBLE  is currently offline NCREDiBLE

1 Cup

This just in from Treena.

LA is interested in Peckham

Oilers still interested in Bishop APG

Chicago and Toronto interested in Khabibulin APG

Oilers listening to offers for Jones, Petrell and Smid but still talking to the latter APG.

Boston, Carolina and Detroit interested in Whitney APG

Oilers looking for a center and have had talks with Columbus about Letestu APG
He's a natural center but plays RW in Columbus.

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #593774 is a reply to message #593762 ]
Tue, 26 March 2013 19:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PunkInDrublic  is currently offline PunkInDrublic

No Cups

Great... Another small centreman. Whoop-de-doo.

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #593913 is a reply to message #593774 ]
Wed, 27 March 2013 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oilfanforever!!  is currently offline Oilfanforever!!

1 Cup

Yeah, I don`t think Letestu is a guy we should be aiming for as a centreman!!
For my money Jokinen would have been better and we could have had him on waivers!!

"I hope that went well. ... that's the team I want to go to..." -Taylor Hall.

...asked if he was excited for the draft to be over, Yakupov said: "It's not over. It's just starting."

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #594529 is a reply to message #589777 ]
Sun, 31 March 2013 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

@SUNdvandiest: I'm hearing four years, $16-million ball park for Smid. Could be done soon.

@TreenasOil: Oilers close to resigning Smid 4yr APG

@TreenasOil: Whitney offered a 1 yr extension APG

If the Whitney thing is true, I like. He's looked like the guy we want lately. And it means management would rather keep him and push for playoffs.

Posted the Sun tweet so people aware of the timing (Tracy was after).

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #594532 is a reply to message #594529 ]
Sun, 31 March 2013 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

nullterm wrote on Sun, 31 March 2013 13:08

If the Whitney thing is true, I like. He's looked like the guy we want lately. And it means management would rather keep him and push for playoffs.

The best part is that it is one year (lesson learned from Smyth?). Whitney hasn't played well enough to get a commitment. He may have played well enough to get a second chance.

Still would like to see another NHL-body or two added to our defense in place of Potter and Peckham. Also think I would rather see Fistric signed instead of Whitney, but I get the feeling the Oilers don't feel the same.

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #594537 is a reply to message #594532 ]
Sun, 31 March 2013 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

mightyreasoner wrote on Sun, 31 March 2013 16:54

The best part is that it is one year (lesson learned from Smyth?). Whitney hasn't played well enough to get a commitment. He may have played well enough to get a second chance.

Agreed. Whitney was putrid until a couple of weeks ago. Still a far cry from the team MVP he was in his first shortened season here, but at least looking like a serviceable Dman. Potter seems to be coming around to what he looked like at the start of last year too. Petry is starting to put together some great stretches of hockey too.

It would be nice to have 3 competent pairings so we can save J Schultz a bit and use him heavily in offensive situations.

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #594539 is a reply to message #594537 ]
Sun, 31 March 2013 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

If Whitney keeps playing like he is, I'm fine with it. He's playing like a decent offensive NHL defencemen and that's pretty much all we need for him. If he proves he can be better, gravy.

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #594540 is a reply to message #594539 ]
Sun, 31 March 2013 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

2 Cups

I think with Whitney, kind of like a veteran MLB player, you need to give him a game off here and there for a "maintenance day", Smyth too.

You really don't see that very often in the NHL - maybe because of having 50% fewer games, but playing a regular shift in the NHL is miles harder than playing right field. I mean I love baseball, but they aren't known for being the toughest of the pro athletes :)

Back-to-back prediction champ

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #594546 is a reply to message #594529 ]
Sun, 31 March 2013 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hemskyfan99  is currently offline hemskyfan99

2 Cups

nullterm wrote on Sun, 31 March 2013 13:08

@SUNdvandiest: I'm hearing four years, $16-million ball park for Smid. Could be done soon.

@TreenasOil: Oilers close to resigning Smid 4yr APG

I would be fine with Smid at $3.5-$3.8M/4 or 5 years

Whitney if we can get him in the $2.5 range but not sure if that would be likely or not.

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #594555 is a reply to message #594546 ]
Sun, 31 March 2013 19:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rukm01  is currently offline rukm01

2 Cups

FWIW, Rishaug had this to say today on Twitter:

Quote:

Smid sounding optimistic today, hopes to have something done in then next few days, says he wants to remain an Oiler.

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #594560 is a reply to message #594546 ]
Sun, 31 March 2013 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hemmer2Eberle  is currently offline Hemmer2Eberle

1 Cup

They are sayin 4 years at around 16 million. I like it.

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #594764 is a reply to message #589777 ]
Mon, 01 April 2013 20:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Incarcerated Bob saying deal in principle between Flyers and Sharks for Clowe, pending his NTC approval.

Re: Treena's Oil is at again..... [message #594911 is a reply to message #594764 ]
Tue, 02 April 2013 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

6 Cups

nullterm wrote on Mon, 01 April 2013 20:31

Incarcerated Bob saying deal in principle between Flyers and Sharks for Clowe, pending his NTC approval.

Wow. He really swung and missed there!

Love this time of year for separating the real insiders from the rumor mongers like hockeyinsiderr and eklund. The guys who wildly throw this stuff out with reckless abandon are rarely the know.

Side note: auto-correct suggested I mean rumor mongrels....awesome.

Pages (9): [1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  >  »]  
Previous Topic:David Booth?
Next Topic:#2C?? How About Derick Brassard??
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2014.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca