This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #35)Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #35) [message #781594 is a reply to message #781593 ]
Tue, 30 March 2021 18:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Tue, 30 March 2021 18:04

Haas. 6:11 TOI. Almost a minute above any other Oil forward. Even with 3 PK kills, that should never happen.

Lol. NHL changed the time to 5:50 behind Archibald and Draisaitl now. I still have the same sentiment.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #35) [message #781595 is a reply to message #781594 ]
Tue, 30 March 2021 18:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Tue, 30 March 2021 18:06

inverno76 wrote on Tue, 30 March 2021 18:04

Haas. 6:11 TOI. Almost a minute above any other Oil forward. Even with 3 PK kills, that should never happen.

Lol. NHL changed the time to 5:50 behind Archibald and Draisaitl now. I still have the same sentiment.

Starting with the 4th line and 3rd pair against a team you would hope is rusty still blows my mind. Were we trying to be helpful and let them get some confidence so it would be a more even match?

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #35) [message #781596 is a reply to message #781556 ]
Tue, 30 March 2021 18:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

First goal was on Bear and Khaira. Bear slow to react to the guy blowing down his side, pivots late, does nothing, pass goes back to an open guy that Khaira should have taken, instead he takes the same guy that Russell took, wide open shot, Koski being Koski waves at it.

2nd and 3rd goals are both on Nurse, 2nd goal he skates all around behind the net to his wrong side, leaving open man in his spot in front of the net, 3rd goal he has Gallagher in front of him and lets him go to score. Norris?

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #35) [message #781599 is a reply to message #781596 ]
Tue, 30 March 2021 18:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HamBlaster  is currently offline HamBlaster

No Cups

Bear has had a pretty rough year so far. I was expecting him to take another step however he seems to have regressed...

Too bad, although it creates more competition for his spot with Bouch, Broberg and Samo all waiting in the wings. I've all but written off Jones by now. Lagesson is already significantly better than him.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #35) [message #781616 is a reply to message #781596 ]
Tue, 30 March 2021 18:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Tue, 30 March 2021 18:09

First goal was on Bear and Khaira. Bear slow to react to the guy blowing down his side, pivots late, does nothing, pass goes back to an open guy that Khaira should have taken, instead he takes the same guy that Russell took, wide open shot, Koski being Koski waves at it.

2nd and 3rd goals are both on Nurse, 2nd goal he skates all around behind the net to his wrong side, leaving open man in his spot in front of the net, 3rd goal he has Gallagher in front of him and lets him go to score. Norris?

First goal is on Khaira and Russell. Bear stays with his guy. He has to follow him because he can't let him drive straight to the net. Russell and Khaira both choose the same guy so they aren't communicating there.

Pretty ugly game so far. Pretty shocking that the refs let us score that goal at all...it was pretty obviously offside. I said it was off-side before they scored and prayed I was wrong...sadly I was not.

This may be one of those games you just throw out. It's noticeable that the Oilers didn't provide an interview in the second intermission. Pretty rare on Sportsnet that you get the same team interviews back to back intermissions. I think that says it all. They're miserable right now. Hopefully they come back hard in the third. Who knows what happens if you get one early.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #35) [message #781636 is a reply to message #781616 ]
Tue, 30 March 2021 20:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 30 March 2021 17:51

First goal is on Khaira and Russell. Bear stays with his guy. He has to follow him because he can't let him drive straight to the net. Russell and Khaira both choose the same guy so they aren't communicating there.

Pretty ugly game so far. Pretty shocking that the refs let us score that goal at all...it was pretty obviously offside. I said it was off-side before they scored and prayed I was wrong...sadly I was not.

This may be one of those games you just throw out. It's noticeable that the Oilers didn't provide an interview in the second intermission. Pretty rare on Sportsnet that you get the same team interviews back to back intermissions. I think that says it all. They're miserable right now. Hopefully they come back hard in the third. Who knows what happens if you get one early.

BS Bear got burned wide.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #35) [message #781644 is a reply to message #781636 ]
Tue, 30 March 2021 21:10 Go to previous message

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Tue, 30 March 2021 20:49

Adam wrote on Tue, 30 March 2021 17:51

BS Bear got burned wide.

That’s a pretty interesting take. The guy didn’t cut in and Bear was parallel with him. He made a nice drop pass to the guy that no one decided to cover in the slot.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #35) [message #781598 is a reply to message #781556 ]
Tue, 30 March 2021 18:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Hey, DRY line sighting. Just took McDrai playing like gambling goofs together for a few games.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #35) [message #781601 is a reply to message #781598 ]
Tue, 30 March 2021 18:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Koskinen needs to be buried in the annals of team history already. He's NHL calibre in a lot of ways however absolutely NOT in two critical ways. His glove hand is awful and his rebound control is the pits. Guy has all the size in the world, but that doesn't make you a good goalie.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #35) [message #781602 is a reply to message #781598 ]
Tue, 30 March 2021 18:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

That’s some sexiness and they looked alright. DRY line followed by Kassian, McDavid and Jesse.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #35) [message #781604 is a reply to message #781602 ]
Tue, 30 March 2021 18:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

Wow, I now wish I had COMPLETELY forgotten that the Oil were playing a game tonight. If the score stays where it's at, the Oil will wish the same thing at the end. Sheesh. icon_dead

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #35) [message #781600 is a reply to message #781556 ]
Tue, 30 March 2021 18:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

ultra lazy line change to instantly create a 3 on 1 against. This team..

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #35) [message #781606 is a reply to message #781556 ]
Tue, 30 March 2021 18:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

Yamo switching out Puljujarvi on the PP.

How about switching out Nugent-Hopkins at some point. Is it to hopefully trigger some confidence? Because he certainly isn’t earning it or helping it at all.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #35) [message #781607 is a reply to message #781606 ]
Tue, 30 March 2021 18:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

Yeah, that’s coming back.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #35) [message #781609 is a reply to message #781607 ]
Tue, 30 March 2021 18:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Mike wrote on Tue, 30 March 2021 18:28

Yeah, that’s coming back.

Pretty easy call. Chara couldn’t stretch that one out.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #35) [message #781608 is a reply to message #781556 ]
Tue, 30 March 2021 18:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

In your face Price.

EDIT: oh crap. Challenge coming. 3-0

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #35) [message #781610 is a reply to message #781556 ]
Tue, 30 March 2021 18:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Puljarvi... good work bud.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #35) [message #781611 is a reply to message #781610 ]
Tue, 30 March 2021 18:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Anyone have a Netflix recommendation? I heard the F1 series is decent.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #35) [message #781612 is a reply to message #781556 ]
Tue, 30 March 2021 18:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

4-0 game over.
Flush this game.

That's 2 games in a row where they all looked like crap, except for Smith's goaltending..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #35) [message #781614 is a reply to message #781612 ]
Tue, 30 March 2021 18:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

Skookum Jim wrote on Tue, 30 March 2021 21:39

That's 2 games in a row where they all looked like crap, except for Smith's goaltending..

Could you have imagined saying that at the start of the year?

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #35) [message #781615 is a reply to message #781614 ]
Tue, 30 March 2021 18:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Mike wrote on Tue, 30 March 2021 17:41

Skookum Jim wrote on Tue, 30 March 2021 21:39

Could you have imagined saying that at the start of the year?

Nope!

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #35) [message #781619 is a reply to message #781615 ]
Tue, 30 March 2021 19:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Well, this game is a total garbage fire. Nice job showing up for the game this evening boys!!!

Not like the points are important against a team that is chasing you and has a game in hand. Not an important game at all.

4 - 0 and a 26 - 11 shot clock after 2. What an awesome effort!

I hope Montreal runs it up on them in this game. How they can play like this is mind-boggling.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #35) [message #781620 is a reply to message #781615 ]
Tue, 30 March 2021 19:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
watchman  is currently offline watchman

1 Cup

Fire TIPPETT... is that too much to ask?

Why? wasting Bouchard
keeping 97/29 together
refusal to use 93/29/56
playing Turris at all
sitting bigger players NEAL/CHIASSON against the big D that MTL has
starting 4th line
wasting 44 against a bigger team
not sitting Barrie

there's probably more that I've missed... confused2

wait, I see 93/29/56 out there now... too little to late IMHO

[Updated on: Tue, 30 March 2021 19:14]

...this time, it's for real (isn't it?).

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #35) [message #781621 is a reply to message #781620 ]
Tue, 30 March 2021 19:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Slim Jim Phantom Call  is currently offline Slim Jim Phantom Call

No Cups

Fire who know?

In fairness to Hall, I've wanted to throw a waterbottle at Eakins all season.
~nullterm 03/22/2014

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #35) [message #781622 is a reply to message #781620 ]
Tue, 30 March 2021 19:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skoobz  is currently offline Skoobz

No Cups

watchman wrote on Tue, 30 March 2021 19:08

Fire TALBOT... is that too much to ask?

Why? wasting Bouchard
keeping 97/29 together
refusal to use 93/29/56
playing Turris at all
starting 4th line
not sitting Barrie

Sitting the guy sitting in second in defensive scoring behind Victor Hedman would probably be a quicker path to getting fired than anything else on this list.

That said, they’re playing like garbage because they know their ECHL backup-caliber goalie makes this almost a guaranteed loss.

"[It was] really cool to throw on the Oilers gear, the gear that I want to play the rest of my life wearing. It was pretty cool to put it on. With all the history, it was a lot of fun." - Connor McDavid, July 1, 2015

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #35) [message #781623 is a reply to message #781622 ]
Tue, 30 March 2021 19:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Skoobz wrote on Tue, 30 March 2021 19:17

Fire TALBOT... is that too much to ask?

Why? wasting Bouchard
keeping 97/29 together
refusal to use 93/29/56
playing Turris at all
starting 4th line
not sitting Barrie

Sitting the guy sitting in second in defensive scoring behind Victor Hedman would probably be a quicker path to getting fired than anything else on this list.

That said, they’re playing like garbage because they know their ECHL backup-caliber goalie makes this almost a guaranteed loss.

I have a hard time blaming it on Koskinen...he's not been amazing by any stretch, but they've got what, 13 shots right now? They've been awful top to bottom.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #35) [message #781627 is a reply to message #781623 ]
Tue, 30 March 2021 19:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skoobz  is currently offline Skoobz

No Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 30 March 2021 19:20

I have a hard time blaming it on Koskinen...he's not been amazing by any stretch, but they've got what, 13 shots right now? They've been awful top to bottom.

That is, of course, a more measured assessment of reality. But he absolutely doesn’t seem to inspire any confidence in the team, while they certainly have seemed inspired in front of The Ancient One.

"[It was] really cool to throw on the Oilers gear, the gear that I want to play the rest of my life wearing. It was pretty cool to put it on. With all the history, it was a lot of fun." - Connor McDavid, July 1, 2015

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #35) [message #781629 is a reply to message #781627 ]
Tue, 30 March 2021 19:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Skoobz wrote on Tue, 30 March 2021 19:37

That is, of course, a more measured assessment of reality. But he absolutely doesn’t seem to inspire any confidence in the team, while they certainly have seemed inspired in front of The Ancient One.

I think he's played well since Smith came back other than this game and the one against the Leafs. I think he was over-played at the start of the year. He's probably being under-utilized now, and I fear Smith is being over-used now.

This was definitely uninspired though. There's just no denying that.

Hopefully it's just a bad one game blip.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #35) [message #781640 is a reply to message #781629 ]
Tue, 30 March 2021 21:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
welcometotheOC  is currently offline welcometotheOC

No Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 30 March 2021 19:39

Skoobz wrote on Tue, 30 March 2021 19:37

I think he's played well since Smith came back other than this game and the one against the Leafs. I think he was over-played at the start of the year. He's probably being under-utilized now, and I fear Smith is being over-used now.

This was definitely uninspired though. There's just no denying that.

Hopefully it's just a bad one game blip.

Maybe it's just 3 games in 4 nights with 2 of the 3 going to overtime after intense games against the Leafs? Scheduled loss maybe?

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #35) [message #781625 is a reply to message #781620 ]
Tue, 30 March 2021 19:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Fire TIPPETT... is that too much to ask?

Why? wasting Bouchard
keeping 97/29 together
refusal to use 93/29/56
playing Turris at all
starting 4th line
not sitting Barrie

Somehow, I don't think the head coach is getting fired.

I don't love some of his decisions, but the team is challenging for 1st in the division, they're 22-13-1, the defence has been significantly better, the powerplay is 4th in the league.

There are some things to be concerned about - he's definitely biased towards older players, he doesn't always adjust well in game and last year he did a horrible job against Chicago (and didn't take responsibility for that). However, they aren't going to fire the coach at this point, so you may as well give up on that thought.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #35) [message #781624 is a reply to message #781556 ]
Tue, 30 March 2021 19:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JPro  is currently offline JPro

No Cups

Not sure why I keep watching, but here I am. icon_lol I love me some punishment

Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]  
Previous Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #35)
Next Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #39)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca