This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20)Pages (5): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #777042 is a reply to message #777029 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 21:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Ragnarok73 wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 21:41

Adam wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 21:35

Meanwhile, there are those who do suggest that McDavid & Draisaitl not doing enough is the reason the Oilers aren't contenders yet...

Seriously, who is saying this? The general consensus here isn't that the top forwards are the issue with this team but instead the defence and goaltending. I can't think of a single person who EVER said that McDavid is part of the problem instead of part of the solution for this team, so I'd really like to know who the idiots are who are actually voicing such sentiments.

There's a poster in here who complained about McDavid in about three straight games and suggested that he wasn't a leader, etc. etc. If someone remembers who that is, it's easy enough to find the posts.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Send a private message to this user  

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #777044 is a reply to message #777042 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 21:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 22:46

Meanwhile, there are those who do suggest that McDavid & Draisaitl not doing enough is the reason the Oilers aren't contenders yet...

Seriously, who is saying this? The general consensus here isn't that the top forwards are the issue with this team but instead the defence and goaltending. I can't think of a single person who EVER said that McDavid is part of the problem instead of part of the solution for this team, so I'd really like to know who the idiots are who are actually voicing such sentiments.

There's a poster in here who complained about McDavid in about three straight games and suggested that he wasn't a leader, etc. etc. If someone remembers who that is, it's easy enough to find the posts.

I’ve said the leadership group isn’t vocal in the room, which is where Schmitty and Neal bring their value to the room.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #777046 is a reply to message #777042 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 21:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

Adam wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 21:46

Well, one person is far from being any sort of consensus, so maybe he was just a rival fan coming here to troll. I'd say it could have been that diptard Shoop, because he seemed dumb enough, but I'm not combing through his filth to find anything.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #777048 is a reply to message #777046 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

The best part of games like this? Going to the Flames forum to read the nuclear meltdown in progress.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #777053 is a reply to message #777048 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

Ragnarok73 wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 21:50

The best part of games like this? Going to the Flames forum to read the nuclear meltdown in progress.

Thanks for the idea

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #777056 is a reply to message #777053 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

g2k wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 22:56

Thanks for the idea

Surely they’re saying any combo of;

Ward should be fired

Trade Bennett now to shuffle things up

Trade Johnny

Fire Treliving

Blow it up, rebuild and become the Avs

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #777058 is a reply to message #777056 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 21:58

g2k wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 22:56

Thanks for the idea

Surely they’re saying any combo of;

Ward should be fired

Trade Bennett now to shuffle things up

Trade Johnny

Fire Treliving

Blow it up, rebuild and become the Avs

Yeah pretty much, but the "Trade Bennett" talk was happening long before tonight's game.

5-14-6-1

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #777059 is a reply to message #777048 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

Ragnarok73 wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 22:50

I just spent a few intermission minutes over at Cal Puck. Some good schadenfreude times to be had over there right now.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #777063 is a reply to message #777059 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 22:00

Ragnarok73 wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 22:50

I just spent a few intermission minutes over at Cal Puck. Some good schadenfreude times to be had over there right now.

The guys over there clamouring for an even more lopsided win if it means Ward and Tre get the boot gives me PTSD flashbacks to the last few Oil games leading up to the departures of TMac and Chiapet.

5-14-6-1

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776992 is a reply to message #776976 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 21:11

Ragnarok73 wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 22:07

Great, now provide some examples of dusters that have been idolized around here, including by me. Take your time, I have all year.

I like Hass and all but just look at the constant posts about the guy and how quick we needed him to come back
People still defend Kris Russell from time to time as if he is a Norris candidate
Fernando Pisani was a good player and all but he is no star but he walked on water to many

....and the king of them all Ryan Smyth. He did the best with the tools he had but he wasnt the most skilled guy around. People talk about him in the same vein as the best the team has ever had.

So I haven't done that, have I? See what happens when you make blanket statements when trying to criticize others for doing the same?

And Haas? Really? You're going to have to copy and paste some of those comments before I believe that ANYONE here "idolized" him.

5-14-6-1

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776993 is a reply to message #776992 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 21:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Ragnarok73 wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 22:20

PlusOne wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 21:11

Ragnarok73 wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 22:07

Great, now provide some examples of dusters that have been idolized around here, including by me. Take your time, I have all year.

I like Hass and all but just look at the constant posts about the guy and how quick we needed him to come back
People still defend Kris Russell from time to time as if he is a Norris candidate
Fernando Pisani was a good player and all but he is no star but he walked on water to many

....and the king of them all Ryan Smyth. He did the best with the tools he had but he wasnt the most skilled guy around. People talk about him in the same vein as the best the team has ever had.

So I haven't done that, have I? See what happens when you make blanket statements when trying to criticize others for doing the same?

And Haas? Really? You're going to have to copy and paste some of those comments before I believe that ANYONE here "idolized" him.

I mean, the dude beat Covid. You know who else beat Covid? Connor. McDavid.

Haaaaaas is officially idolized.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776996 is a reply to message #776993 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 21:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 21:22

I stand corrected. It's not like I want to dislike him anyway, as he did score the game-winner last night.

5-14-6-1

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776997 is a reply to message #776996 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 21:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Oh look, Drai coughed up the puck in his own zone and then botched the pass on the 2-on-1. Oops, I must have been too critical of him, though.

5-14-6-1

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #777003 is a reply to message #776997 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 21:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Ragnarok73 wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 21:28

Oh look, Drai coughed up the puck in his own zone and then botched the pass on the 2-on-1. Oops, I must have been too critical of him, though.

Oh look, another Drai botched pass leads to a Flames odd-man rush while the Oilers are on a PP. You can't make this stuff up.

5-14-6-1

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #777005 is a reply to message #776997 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Ragnarok73 wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 22:28

Nah, you just missed the 3 good passes he made since your original comment.

You seem pretty worked up about this subject. If you want to pick out every bad pass he makes, fill yer boots.

If you dont want generalized comments aimed at you dont make statements so far from reality it seems more likely to come from a troll than an Oiler fan

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #777017 is a reply to message #777005 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 21:31

You seem pretty worked up about this subject. If you want to pick out every bad pass he makes, fill yer boots.

If you dont want generalized comments aimed at you dont make statements so far from reality it seems more likely to come from a troll than an Oiler fan

I'm pointing out specific bad plays made by Drai. Basic passes back to a D-man or to an open winger aren't particularly "good" ones, you know. Drai keeps attempting passes that only Connor can make on a regular basis and fails over and over again. He also has a propensity for making blind passes which are even worse because he doesn't have Connor's awareness of the ice.

I'll wait for you to put together the highlight reel of dirty Drai passes to counter what I'm saying, though.

5-14-6-1

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #777022 is a reply to message #777017 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 21:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Ragnarok73 wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 22:34

I'll wait for you to put together the highlight reel of dirty Drai passes to counter what I'm saying, though.

No thanks, I will agree to disagree and move on.
If you want to spend all your time picking out mistakes by Drai thats cool. Ill spend my time enjoying one of the best players we have had in decades, during one of the more enjoyable games of the year.

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #777028 is a reply to message #777005 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 21:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 21:31

Shedding light on bad passes from a passer like Draisaitl is like shedding light on great outlets passes of an outlet passer like Russell.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #777011 is a reply to message #776993 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 20:22

rofl

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776978 is a reply to message #776970 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 21:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Ragnarok73 wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 21:07

Adam wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 21:05

Ragnarok73 wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 21:01

Adam wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 20:57

PlusOne wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 20:41

The need of some Oiler fans to over criticize good hockey players more all while idolizing dusters will never cease to amaze me

Yep - Oilers fans for some reason always love the Kelly Buchberger or Bryan Marchment types, while loving to hack on the best players we've had. The number of talented guys who've been criminally underrated by Oilers fans is pretty long.

Examples? I'd love to hear that Gretzky or Messier were "hacked on" while they were Oilers.

Maybe you're thinking about Eberle- I agree that trading him for Strome was a bad move, but there is no denying that he played like a punk vs the Ducks in that relatively brief playoff run.

Coffey, Hemsky, Hall, Eberle, Nugent-Hopkins, Draisaitl...

Easy there. I removed your quote when I responded there because I was talking in general terms about Oilers fans - not about you specifically. You may just hate all players equally, it's all good.

I mentioned a couple in my first post, it's just the tip of the iceberg though.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776994 is a reply to message #776978 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Adam wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 21:12

Easy there. I removed your quote when I responded there because I was talking in general terms about Oilers fans - not about you specifically. You may just hate all players equally, it's all good.

I mentioned a couple in my first post, it's just the tip of the iceberg though.

You were agreeing with an overgeneralizing blanket statement, so my questions to you were perfectly valid.

I get that some players take more heat while others don't, but I'm fairly equal about doling out praise as well as criticism. If someone put together a highlight reel of all the filthy passes made by Drai that I never saw, I will gladly take back what I said about him.

5-14-6-1

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #777050 is a reply to message #776970 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 21:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
watchman  is currently offline watchman

1 Cup

Kill this one....

...this time, it's for real (isn't it?).

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #777052 is a reply to message #777050 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

watchman wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 21:52

Kill this one....

They've been stabbing the Flamers in the hearts all night so far, and the knives are still sharp. Again, piss-poor officiating doesn't mean a damn thing when it's this lopsided.

5-14-6-1

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776973 is a reply to message #776964 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Ragnarok73 wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 22:01

The need of some Oiler fans to over criticize good hockey players more all while idolizing dusters will never cease to amaze me

Yep - Oilers fans for some reason always love the Kelly Buchberger or Bryan Marchment types, while loving to hack on the best players we've had. The number of talented guys who've been criminally underrated by Oilers fans is pretty long.

Examples? I'd love to hear that Gretzky or Messier were "hacked on" while they were Oilers.

Maybe you're thinking about Eberle- I agree that trading him for Strome was a bad move, but there is no denying that he played like a punk vs the Ducks in that relatively brief playoff run.

I was a kid during the glory years and there werent message boards but off the top of my head;
Hemsky, Hall, Eberle, Draisaitl, Gagner, Grier, Coffey, Gilbert, Schultz, Kurri, Guerin, .

Heck, there have been a couple people here blame lack of (god knows what) from McDavid as the REASON for losses. I am not saying he is exempt from criticisms but I cant say I have seen a game where McDavid was the reason the Oilers lost.

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776985 is a reply to message #776957 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 21:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

Yep. I instantly fell in love with Archibald. I think the 90’s lunch pail teams have subconsciously altered my perception of reality as a 45 year old man.

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776986 is a reply to message #776985 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 21:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 22:17

Yep. I instantly fell in love with Archibald. I think the 90’s lunch pail teams have subconsciously altered my perception of reality as a 45 year old man.

This is a very valid point. Those were the teams I grew up on, as an ‘88 baby.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776928 is a reply to message #776906 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 20:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Refs at it again, total Ghost call on Leon, total BS. NHL "game management"

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776935 is a reply to message #776928 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 20:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HamBlaster  is currently offline HamBlaster

No Cups

Is someone going to beat Tkachuk into a pulp tonight? He's being a chippy B already.

They need to call this goal back. It was a gong show in front of the net.

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776930 is a reply to message #776906 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 20:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Even with Tkachuk pushing, there’s no way they overturn with nurse on his back

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776932 is a reply to message #776930 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 20:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 20:29

I don't agree with this decision to challenge either.

5-14-6-1

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776934 is a reply to message #776932 ]

6 Cups

Yeah, I think they're going to let this one stand.

Worth noting, the call on Draisaitl is fine if they call that consistently, but they don't. Tkachuk does 5 of those a shift.

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776939 is a reply to message #776932 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 20:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Ragnarok73 wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 21:30

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 20:29

I don't agree with this decision to challenge either.

Agreed. Flames get to build on the momentum they weren’t getting

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776933 is a reply to message #776930 ]
sinfulchimp306  is currently offline sinfulchimp306

No Cups

I dont know it looks like he oversold the push

Formerly gagnerisgod.
PLAY LABAMBA BABY

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776936 is a reply to message #776933 ]

2 Cups

sinfulchimp306 wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 20:30

I dont know it looks like he oversold the push

The problem is that Nurse was pushing him. If the refs decide that Nurse was the reason, this goal is standing.

5-14-6-1

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776940 is a reply to message #776936 ]

2 Cups

So they lose the challenge as expected and now give the Flames a chance to tie it up. Crap like this is hurting the team's chances.

5-14-6-1

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776931 is a reply to message #776906 ]

2 Cups

There is interference, but this is not going our way.

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776937 is a reply to message #776931 ]
sinfulchimp306  is currently offline sinfulchimp306

No Cups

Yeah didn't figure

Formerly gagnerisgod.
PLAY LABAMBA BABY

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776938 is a reply to message #776906 ]

3 Cups

All started with a BS call by that ref, total interference by Tukchuk, Nurse contact was incidental, Tukchuk was charging into Koski regardless, and slashed him 3 times with his stick as he did..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776943 is a reply to message #776938 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 20:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 20:32

All started with a BS call by that ref, total interference by Tukchuk, Nurse contact was incidental, Tukchuk was charging into Koski regardless, and slashed him 3 times with his stick as he did..

I hope Barrie knows the OIL are in the DarK jerseys tonight.

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776947 is a reply to message #776943 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 20:41 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

1 Cup

good shift Check

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776952 is a reply to message #776943 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

watchman wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 20:38

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 20:32

I hope Barrie knows the OIL are in the DarK jerseys tonight.

Speaking of jerseys. I hate these uniforms. They look good on a fan, but they’re non bueno on the ice.

Pages (5): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20)
Next Topic:Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca