This day on April 23
None

Happy Birthday To: Ramone, Giant Moo, mogal, booyaka!, Blue Thunder, BDR1

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #20)Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Review: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #722632 is a reply to message #722631 ]
Mon, 19 November 2018 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Rocksteady wrote on Mon, 19 November 2018 09:48

This all begins and ends with Chia. He's responsible for this mess and the brain trust. You have all these hockey brainiacs in management positions most from the glory days and the team is rife with incompetence.

You have an owner who is next level of creep who's toy is now tattered and played with.

We have a coach that is throwing everything into a blender and seeing what kind of crap it can do on the ice, but it's all he has. I'm not in line to fire the coach, because it's the roster that's the problem. After the roster issues we can talk about coaching prowess because he's showing the same patterns he showed in SJ where he is stubborn in his method and cannot adapt to the opposing coach. Todd is the problem when the team can't hit the next level. The roster is making the team trend down. Who takes his place, Yawney or Gulutzan? Neither in my opinion. Q?

You have Lucic who should actually sit a night or 5 to relax and eat some popcorn (you don't do that to veterans? Be productive and then let's talk about what you do with veterans) You have Benning who I'm not sure is NHL calibre anymore. Klefbom is doing what exactly? Not sure, eating ice time I guess. Nurse? Trending down and no doctor can fix his ability to defend but his partner is Benning so maybe a pass? Russell can block shots, but puck GET RID OF IT! No play just dump it away and hope his team gets it. Gravel? Thank you NEXT! Larsson is the only capable defensive player

Offensive break in are a joke.

Defense? What's that? Get in the prime spots and take your shot!

Talbot, weak on his angles. This organization is where good goalies die.

Koskinen? He's new and hasn't been affected by the stink of this organization, should he be resigned, he'll be bad.. equal to that of his play in preseason.

It still begins and ends with Lowe doesn't it?

He pushed to hire Nicholson. He was without a doubt in pushing for Chia. He kept MacT and Howson on board so he had friendlies around Chia.

The disaster always roots back to Lowe, and removing Chia only gets you another guy that will appease the red wine summiters who are all old school hockey minds without a clue of how to build a team in today's NHL.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #722636 is a reply to message #722632 ]
Mon, 19 November 2018 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 19 November 2018 09:53

The disaster always roots back to Lowe, and removing Chia only gets you another guy that will appease the red wine summiters who are all old school hockey minds without a clue of how to build a team in today's NHL.

I'd argue they wouldn't know how to build teams in yesterday's NHL either.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Review: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #722663 is a reply to message #722636 ]
Mon, 19 November 2018 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

I am listening to Strudwick talk about last game and him protecting Talbot. He breaks down each goal and lists off a play where a mistake happens then goes on to say " should Talbot of stopped that, well probably BUT.......... the chance shouldn't happen". Then Gregor says well Koskinen plays in behind the same defense and the Oilers supposed give up the 4th least dangerous scoring chances in the league.

Do I agree that in a perfect world mistakes should NEVER happen? You bet. In a perfect world no Oilers player EVER makes a mistake and because they have the best player in the world on their team they should win the game eventually. But I live in the real world and that isn't possible. Some mistakes are going to happen. The goalie is part of the team, it's his job to make a bloody save and to bail the team out at times when a mistakes happen. If the only way Talbot can do his job is for the team to play perfect every single game, then the Oilers have a BIG problem because playing a perfect game no matter what team it is, is physically impossible. Make a save Talbot.

Re: Review: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #722670 is a reply to message #722663 ]
Mon, 19 November 2018 18:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 19 November 2018 14:50

I am listening to Strudwick talk about last game and him protecting Talbot. He breaks down each goal and lists off a play where a mistake happens then goes on to say " should Talbot of stopped that, well probably BUT.......... the chance shouldn't happen". Then Gregor says well Koskinen plays in behind the same defense and the Oilers supposed give up the 4th least dangerous scoring chances in the league.

Do I agree that in a perfect world mistakes should NEVER happen? You bet. In a perfect world no Oilers player EVER makes a mistake and because they have the best player in the world on their team they should win the game eventually. But I live in the real world and that isn't possible. Some mistakes are going to happen. The goalie is part of the team, it's his job to make a bloody save and to bail the team out at times when a mistakes happen. If the only way Talbot can do his job is for the team to play perfect every single game, then the Oilers have a BIG problem because playing a perfect game no matter what team it is, is physically impossible. Make a save Talbot.

I tend to agree. The games Koskinen was in I remember thinking he saved the defense from looking really stupid on a too frequent basis, coming up with a lot of great stops, and the fact every puck that hits him he smothers like a fart into a pillow... and then he freezes it to put an end to the defensive s**t show that just unfolded.. and the Oilers get to re-set, and get a line change or faceoff. He inspires calm, Talbot these days seems to inspire panic. When you have a weak defense like the Oilers do, you need your goaltender to take control.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]  
Previous Topic:GDT: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #20)
Next Topic:Pregame: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #20)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca