This day on March 29
None

Happy Birthday To: SMURDS, JRock71, Cpt Waffle, TexasOiler, Morgan99

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 NHL » 2022-2023 NHL Playoffs!Pages (10): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: 2022-2023 NHL Playoffs! [message #823705 is a reply to message #823704 ]
Wed, 17 May 2023 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

From wiki:

The region was claimed as part of the Spanish territory named La Florida by Ponce de Leon in 1513. Santa Elena, a Spanish settlement on what is now Parris Island, South Carolina, was the capital of La Florida from 1566 to 1587. It was founded by Pedro Menéndez de Avilés, the first governor of Spanish Florida.

To be honest though, I was guessing. I thought the Spanish went up a little higher than Florida, but I'm more familiar with the map you posted.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: 2022-2023 NHL Playoffs! [message #823720 is a reply to message #823705 ]
Wed, 17 May 2023 16:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 17 May 2023 13:25

From wiki:

The region was claimed as part of the Spanish territory named La Florida by Ponce de Leon in 1513. Santa Elena, a Spanish settlement on what is now Parris Island, South Carolina, was the capital of La Florida from 1566 to 1587. It was founded by Pedro Menéndez de Avilés, the first governor of Spanish Florida.

To be honest though, I was guessing. I thought the Spanish went up a little higher than Florida, but I'm more familiar with the map you posted.

Interesting - this is from North Carolina's Wiki:

Quote:

In the late 16th century, the first Spanish explorers traveling inland recorded meeting Mississippian culture people at Joara, a regional chiefdom near what later developed as Morganton. Records of Hernando de Soto attested to his meeting with them in 1540. In 1567, Captain Juan Pardo led an expedition to claim the area for the Spanish colony and to establish another route to reach silver mines in Mexico. Pardo made a winter base at Joara, which he renamed Cuenca. His expedition built Fort San Juan and left a contingent of 30 Spaniards there, while Pardo traveled further. His forces built and garrisoned five other forts. He returned by a different route to Santa Elena on Parris Island, South Carolina, then a center of Spanish Florida. In the spring of 1568, natives killed all but one of the Spaniards and burned the six forts in the interior, including the one at Fort San Juan. Although the Spanish never returned to the interior, this effort marked the first European attempt at colonization of the interior of what became the United States. A 16th-century journal by Pardo's scribe Bandera, and archaeological findings since 1986 at Joara, have confirmed the settlement.

So the Spanish pre-dated the English there, but didn't have a real firm foothold from the sounds of it. Still, I'm willing to concede the point. Maybe CBC should be broadcasting the remainder of the playoffs with a Spanish feed in celebration.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: 2022-2023 NHL Playoffs! [message #823649 is a reply to message #823647 ]
Tue, 16 May 2023 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 16 May 2023 09:26

Perfect, Dallas won. So now there is zero reason to watch for any fan not from that market. Some people might have tuned in to see how new team Seattle did. Not anymore.

Hey, good news, build through draft defeated build through expansion draft :) Roope Hintz and Wyatt Johnson, both great hockey names. Oettinger has a biggest fan in me next round. Still won't watch though.

Worst birthday present ever for Eberle.

[Updated on: Tue, 16 May 2023 10:37]

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: 2022-2023 NHL Playoffs! [message #823751 is a reply to message #822209 ]
Thu, 18 May 2023 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oh piss off NHL. Keep getting messages about multiple OT game. Making me watch

Definitely out after this though

Canes seriously can't handle Florida? Man did the Oilers f up this year. What an opportunity lost

[Updated on: Thu, 18 May 2023 23:14]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: 2022-2023 NHL Playoffs! [message #823753 is a reply to message #823751 ]
Fri, 19 May 2023 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Honestly, after passively watching 7 periods of hockey tonight… both teams are better. I know. I know. I don’t like Tkachuk and I’m still theoretically bitter about Rod BAM and 2006…. There’s just no way the Oilers go that long without giving up a goal.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: 2022-2023 NHL Playoffs! [message #823756 is a reply to message #823753 ]
Fri, 19 May 2023 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 18 May 2023 23:24

Honestly, after passively watching 7 periods of hockey tonight… both teams are better. I know. I know. I don’t like Tkachuk and I’m still theoretically bitter about Rod BAM and 2006…. There’s just no way the Oilers go that long without giving up a goal.

Exactly.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: 2022-2023 NHL Playoffs! [message #823755 is a reply to message #822209 ]
Fri, 19 May 2023 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Bobo-cop has been playing out of this world.. unreal saves.. I can see how they beat Bruins and Leafs..

13 seconds from going into 5th OT.. the d-bag scores.. of course.. the only good thing from that is the Flames are probably feeling even worse.

I think Oilers would have had a hard time against either of these teams.. Oiler defence have nothing like either team's defence.. watched most of the game, didn't see any guys being left open in front of the net untouched for either team (major Oiler tendency), everyone has a man, cycles were getting broken, forwards consistently get erased along the boards, and no defensive zone brain farts.. solid defence both teams,.

Oilers are still missing some pieces on D to match up with the top teams.

Florida has Ekblad, Gudas, Montour, Staal

Canes have Slavin, Burns, Pesce, Skjei

Oilers Ekholm, Nurse, Bouchard, (Ceci? / Kulak?)

All the Canes and Panthers top 4 D can all play triple A shutdown defense.. Currently Oilers only have Ekholm..

Bouchard is a good PP QB, but his defense is still suspect, but he can learn, get stronger.. there's hope he can develop to being better in the D zone..

Nurse is the one that's the main concern, he needs to get better if there is any hope for the Oilers, needs to get stronger, and play a smarter defensive game.. but the first thing is he needs to realize what his weaknesses are, not sure he does..

On a Cup competitive team Cecii & Kulak would be 3rd pair..

To get to the next level, the Oilers really need a top 2nd pair D-man to go along with Nurse.

So in summary.. I'm actually less torn up about the Oilers losing out to Vegas now because I can see how the Oiler defense compares to the two remaining Eastern teams.. they'd get eaten up.

[Updated on: Fri, 19 May 2023 00:35]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: 2022-2023 NHL Playoffs! [message #823759 is a reply to message #823755 ]
Fri, 19 May 2023 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Fri, 19 May 2023 00:33

Bobo-cop has been playing out of this world.. unreal saves.. I can see how they beat Bruins and Leafs..

13 seconds from going into 5th OT.. the d-bag scores.. of course.. the only good thing from that is the Flames are probably feeling even worse.

I think Oilers would have had a hard time against either of these teams.. Oiler defence have nothing like either team's defence.. watched most of the game, didn't see any guys being left open in front of the net untouched for either team (major Oiler tendency), everyone has a man, cycles were getting broken, forwards consistently get erased along the boards, and no defensive zone brain farts.. solid defence both teams,.

All the Canes and Panthers top 4 D can all play triple A shutdown defense.. Currently Oilers only have Ekholm..

Bouchard is a good PP QB, but his defense is still suspect, but he can learn, get stronger.. there's hope he can develop to being better in the D zone..

Nurse is the one that's the main concern, he needs to get better if there is any hope for the Oilers, needs to get stronger, and play a smarter defensive game.. but the first thing is he needs to realize what his weaknesses are, not sure he does..

To get to the next level, the Oilers really need a top 2nd pair D-man to go along with Nurse.

So in summary.. I'm actually less torn up about the Oilers losing out to Vegas now because I can see how the Oiler defense compares to the two remaining Eastern teams.. they'd get eaten up.

Think you may be overrating that Florida group. Montour was a toss around D not long ag. He's having a breakout offensive year but he's no shut down dynamo. Gudas and staal are not that great. One dimensional D and still get caught a lot. Bobo has been covering for those guys all playoffs. Carolina as a solid 2 way D in slavin but without slavin on the ice the canes give up a lot. Burns has never been that good defensively. Canes are built to attack and they are lucky to have a goalie too that can play well when needed.

Really if you just put bobo the way he is playing for Florida on our team, we are just walking to the finals IMO. We got very poor goaltending these playoffs. That is of course hard to get, elite performance from a goalie. It's honestly a load of luck for Florida too. They have waited a long time and gone through brutal periods with Bobo. Making the best possible use of him finally getting hot at the right time, so good for them. Might be years before it happens again, the guy can be awful for long periods.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: 2022-2023 NHL Playoffs! [message #823761 is a reply to message #823759 ]
Fri, 19 May 2023 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 18 May 2023 23:44

Think you may be overrating that Florida group. Montour was a toss around D not long ag. He's having a breakout offensive year but he's no shut down dynamo. Gudas and staal are not that great. One dimensional D and still get caught a lot. Bobo has been covering for those guys all playoffs. Carolina as a solid 2 way D in slavin but without slavin on the ice the canes give up a lot. Burns has never been that good defensively. Canes are built to attack and they are lucky to have a goalie too that can play well when needed.

Really if you just put bobo the way he is playing for Florida on our team, we are just walking to the finals IMO. We got very poor goaltending these playoffs. That is of course hard to get, elite performance from a goalie. It's honestly a load of luck for Florida too. They have waited a long time and gone through brutal periods with Bobo. Making the best possible use of him finally getting hot at the right time, so good for them. Might be years before it happens again, the guy can be awful for long periods.

True their D do have warts.. but in comparison to the Oilers, IMHO they are way tighter.. Oiler D was like Swiss cheese vs. LA and Vegas.

True about Montour, I was wondering why Ducks traded Theodore to Vegas instead of Montour for the expansion draft .. but he's surprised me in the last couple years.. he's developed into a pretty good D-man.. agile, he's hard ass, great offensively, and plays solid D.

also true about BoBo.. Oilers were not getting any of the saves like BoBo's been making..

Hard to imagine BoBo was on the scrap heap until this year.. Goalies = Voo Doo

[Updated on: Fri, 19 May 2023 01:01]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: 2022-2023 NHL Playoffs! [message #823762 is a reply to message #823761 ]
Fri, 19 May 2023 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Fri, 19 May 2023 00:58

True about Montour, I was wondering why Ducks traded Theodore to Vegas instead of Montour for the expansion draft .. but he's surprised me in the last couple years.. he's developed into a pretty good D-man.. agile, he's hard ass, great offensively, and plays solid D.

And he was a defenseman on a team that went 4 full playoff periods without giving up a goal.

Re: 2022-2023 NHL Playoffs! [message #823763 is a reply to message #823762 ]
Fri, 19 May 2023 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 19 May 2023 01:00

And he was a defenseman on a team that went 4 full playoff periods without giving up a goal.

They didn't score either in that time either.

For real though. 2 GA in what 56 shots? Loads of golden opportunities for the Canes squandered or robbed. Put our zero confidence skinner in the Florida net and there would have been half a dozen or more goals.

Hard to win with every mistake is on your bet. Woody let skinner give a repeat to what Campbell did to us at the start of the year and he ignored that Campbell may have been our start of year Skinner ready to save the day. Oh well though, we will never know

[Updated on: Fri, 19 May 2023 01:07]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: 2022-2023 NHL Playoffs! [message #823767 is a reply to message #823763 ]
Fri, 19 May 2023 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

I was surprised to find myself cheering for the Panthers last night. I guess 2006 is not as forgotten as I thought it was. Go Tkachuk. rock

Re: 2022-2023 NHL Playoffs! [message #823768 is a reply to message #823767 ]
Fri, 19 May 2023 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

No Cups

Mike wrote on Fri, 19 May 2023 09:01

I was surprised to find myself cheering for the Panthers last night. I guess 2006 is not as forgotten as I thought it was. Go Tkachuk. rock

I don't have any horses in the race, but I would find it amusing if Tkachuk won a cup his first season away from Calgary.

Re: 2022-2023 NHL Playoffs! [message #823769 is a reply to message #823768 ]
Fri, 19 May 2023 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Fri, 19 May 2023 07:17

Mike wrote on Fri, 19 May 2023 09:01

I don't have any horses in the race, but I would find it amusing if Tkachuk won a cup his first season away from Calgary.

Bennett and tkachuk top line on a cup champ. Ouch for lames fans if that happens

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: 2022-2023 NHL Playoffs! [message #823786 is a reply to message #823762 ]
Fri, 19 May 2023 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 19 May 2023 00:00

Good point for both team's defense.. even when they were totally gassed they weren't losing D-zone coverage, which was something I noted when watching, probably because the contrast with how the Oilers had been playing.. .. Oilers were losing coverage in the first shift.

[Updated on: Fri, 19 May 2023 13:20]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: 2022-2023 NHL Playoffs! [message #823787 is a reply to message #823761 ]
Fri, 19 May 2023 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 18 May 2023 23:44

True their D do have warts.. but in comparison to the Oilers, IMHO they are way tighter.. Oiler D was like Swiss cheese vs. LA and Vegas.

also true about BoBo.. Oilers were not getting any of the saves like BoBo's been making..

Hard to imagine BoBo was on the scrap heap until this year.. Goalies = Voo Doo

Goalie Bob is playing like vezina BOB with Columbus before he left them. If he's just average, they aren't where they are.

I tihnk the Oilers needs a slight upgrade defensively on Ceci and their top 4 would be just fine.

Re: 2022-2023 NHL Playoffs! [message #823757 is a reply to message #822209 ]
Fri, 19 May 2023 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Who do you Hate More?[ 7 vote(s) ]
1.Florida 4 / 57%
2.Canes 3 / 43%

Tough choice.. I hate Canes.. just because.. but also hate Panthers 'cause D-bag Tkchuk..

Probably hate Canes more.. though.. by a nano-sized hate particle..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: 2022-2023 NHL Playoffs! [message #823758 is a reply to message #823757 ]
Fri, 19 May 2023 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Fri, 19 May 2023 00:39

Tough choice.. I hate Canes.. just because.. but also hate Panthers 'cause D-bag Tkchuk..

Probably hate Canes more.. though.. by a nano-sized hate particle..

I have no hate in my heart for either team anymore. They're both good clubs and both have been far less abusive to me than the Oilers.

Re: 2022-2023 NHL Playoffs! [message #823760 is a reply to message #822209 ]
Fri, 19 May 2023 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Who do you Hate More?[ 11 vote(s) ]
1.Dallas 3 / 27%
2.Vegas 8 / 73%

Another tough choice.. hate both.. hate Dallas just because.. and hate Vegas because we just played them.. they're a fake-cap team.. Hague.. Stone.. they have chrome helmets.. and because it would make Gary jump for glee if they were in the final.. so I hope they lose..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: 2022-2023 NHL Playoffs! [message #823784 is a reply to message #822209 ]
Fri, 19 May 2023 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rowan Oil Fielding  is currently offline Rowan Oil Fielding

No Cups

Last night's game was incredible, at least what I saw of it. I was digging it through the second period then nodded off at the thirds start; wake up up in time to see one of the overtimes then fell asleep again, missing the rest of the game. cry

https://i.postimg.cc/mZ9GD3V6/php2-CH3-Yf-AM.jpg

Re: 2022-2023 NHL Playoffs! [message #823821 is a reply to message #823784 ]
Fri, 19 May 2023 19:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon_Matt  is currently offline Dragon_Matt

No Cups

Hate Florida more (purely due to Tkachuk), still hopr they win.

Re: 2022-2023 NHL Playoffs! [message #823829 is a reply to message #822209 ]
Sat, 20 May 2023 17:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rowan Oil Fielding  is currently offline Rowan Oil Fielding

No Cups

I'm neutral to all teams left. At this point I just want to see some exciting hockey, like the last two games.

https://i.postimg.cc/mZ9GD3V6/php2-CH3-Yf-AM.jpg

Re: 2022-2023 NHL Playoffs! [message #823832 is a reply to message #822209 ]
Sat, 20 May 2023 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Wow, wth Canes. And the Bobo show.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: 2022-2023 NHL Playoffs! [message #823834 is a reply to message #823832 ]
Sun, 21 May 2023 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Can’t help but notice this Sunday’s game starts at one mountain, during ESPN’s broadcast of the PGA Championship. Gary’s NHL is constantly and consistently guilty of working itself into a lesser market position by trying to do too much.

In other news, turtle is having a pretty good third round.

Re: 2022-2023 NHL Playoffs! [message #823835 is a reply to message #823834 ]
Sun, 21 May 2023 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Sun, 21 May 2023 10:59

Can’t help but notice this Sunday’s game starts at one mountain, during ESPN’s broadcast of the PGA Championship. Gary’s NHL is constantly and consistently guilty of working itself into a lesser market position by trying to do too much.

In other news, turtle is having a pretty good third round.

Very happy for flamers fans. Team didn't make the playoffs but I bet they are getting to experience very similar emotions as they did in last years playoffs.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: 2022-2023 NHL Playoffs! [message #823841 is a reply to message #823835 ]
Sun, 21 May 2023 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Four games in this round so far, four overtimes, and four times that the team I'd prefer to lose wins. Sigh.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: 2022-2023 NHL Playoffs! [message #823855 is a reply to message #822209 ]
Mon, 22 May 2023 20:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

lol, now a Bobo 32 save shutout.

Hockey man. Or as Brian Burke calls it in the playoffs, the sport of "Goalie".

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: 2022-2023 NHL Playoffs! [message #823856 is a reply to message #823855 ]
Mon, 22 May 2023 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

They got a team of destiny vibe to them this year.

Re: 2022-2023 NHL Playoffs! [message #823857 is a reply to message #823856 ]
Mon, 22 May 2023 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Mon, 22 May 2023 21:01

They got a team of destiny vibe to them this year.

I feel like only a Marc-Andre Bergeron could stop them now.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: 2022-2023 NHL Playoffs! [message #823865 is a reply to message #823857 ]
Tue, 23 May 2023 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Goalie Bob looking like a 10 mill goalie lately. He last 8 games. 1, .974, .969, .962, .92, .917, .946, .944. He's just about single handedly going to take the Panthers to the finals.

Re: 2022-2023 NHL Playoffs! [message #823866 is a reply to message #823865 ]
Tue, 23 May 2023 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 23 May 2023 09:04

Goalie Bob looking like a 10 mill goalie lately. He last 8 games. 1, .974, .969, .962, .92, .917, .946, .944. He's just about single handedly going to take the Panthers to the finals.

Not bad for a .901 regular season! He let in 30 goals in the last 8 games of the year. Cracked 0.911 one time in his last 9 playoff tries. Usually around 0.900 or below.

This team has something like 2012/2014 LA Kings written on it. Team barely good enough in the regular season to make the playoffs. Tkachuk playing the part of Justin Williams. Quick was on a down slope after his 2012 win, but found ways to pull off miracles in 2014 when needed.

Wouldn't hate to see it. Tkachuk Conn Smythe? Do Flames fans riot?

[Updated on: Tue, 23 May 2023 09:51]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: 2022-2023 NHL Playoffs! [message #823883 is a reply to message #823866 ]
Tue, 23 May 2023 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 23 May 2023 09:36

Not bad for a .901 regular season! He let in 30 goals in the last 8 games of the year. Cracked 0.911 one time in his last 9 playoff tries. Usually around 0.900 or below.

This team has something like 2012/2014 LA Kings written on it. Team barely good enough in the regular season to make the playoffs. Tkachuk playing the part of Justin Williams. Quick was on a down slope after his 2012 win, but found ways to pull off miracles in 2014 when needed.

He's been unreal.

I think your comparison is bang on. Marc Staal at 36 is playing top 4 mins for them.

Re: 2022-2023 NHL Playoffs! [message #823895 is a reply to message #823866 ]
Tue, 23 May 2023 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Pretty crazy. I could also see them being one of those stories that just ends suddenly in the finals for a short boring end to the year when the bubble bursts.

I wonder if anyone has been swept when dominating the shot clock?

Game 1 - CAR 65, FLA 60
Game 2 - CAR 38, FLA 26
Game 3 - CAR 32, FLA 17

It would be great to see the Hurricanes come back here. They're just dominating, but it's not working out for them anyhow. How long can Goalie Bob keep it up?

Re: 2022-2023 NHL Playoffs! [message #823954 is a reply to message #823895 ]
Wed, 24 May 2023 19:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilfan94  is currently offline oilfan94

No Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 23 May 2023 14:39

Pretty crazy. I could also see them being one of those stories that just ends suddenly in the finals for a short boring end to the year when the bubble bursts.

I wonder if anyone has been swept when dominating the shot clock?

Game 1 - CAR 65, FLA 60
Game 2 - CAR 38, FLA 26
Game 3 - CAR 32, FLA 17

It would be great to see the Hurricanes come back here. They're just dominating, but it's not working out for them anyhow. How long can Goalie Bob keep it up?

One of the most memorable series I ever watched, the 2003 Ducks sweeping the Red Wings.

Game 1 - DET 64, ANA 44
Game 2 - DET 36, ANA 23
Game 3 - DET 37, ANA 26
Game 4 - DET 34, ANA 27

That Ducks Team did not outshoot an opponent until Game 4 of the WCF (tied in shots one game against Dallas). They out shot New Jersey once in the final and tied in shots once against them as well. There's a reason way Giguere won the Conn Smythe that year. Ducks were 15-5 in the playoffs winning the shots games 2-16-2, that is just wild.

Re: 2022-2023 NHL Playoffs! [message #823903 is a reply to message #822209 ]
Tue, 23 May 2023 20:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

Maybe the Oilers actually are really good. at least they beat Vegas twice.

Re: 2022-2023 NHL Playoffs! [message #823904 is a reply to message #823903 ]
Tue, 23 May 2023 20:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kungpaobenji27  is currently offline kungpaobenji27

No Cups

NetBOG wrote on Tue, 23 May 2023 21:31

It might also be time for Dallas to "sell high" on Jamie Benn when they can...maybe send him back home to Vancouver in return for the other garbage contracts they have....

Re: 2022-2023 NHL Playoffs! [message #823907 is a reply to message #823903 ]
Wed, 24 May 2023 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Tue, 23 May 2023 20:31

They are a good team. A couple of plays go the Oilers way, they win that series. A couple of their depth guys score a goal, they win the series.

Re: 2022-2023 NHL Playoffs! [message #823910 is a reply to message #823907 ]
Wed, 24 May 2023 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Does Benn get a game? This is the NHL after all.

It's the conference finals, could be an elimination game for the Stars. Benn has been around a long time, been on an Olympic team. Stone might have said something mean to him during the series to make him mad. I don't think Stone was hurt so that's a factor for the NHL. Pietrangelo said the Oilers were going after him with hits so that justified in his eyes trying to break a guys arm so you just never know with the NHL what they will do.

Re: 2022-2023 NHL Playoffs! [message #823911 is a reply to message #823910 ]
Wed, 24 May 2023 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 24 May 2023 10:07

It's the conference finals, could be an elimination game for the Stars. Benn has been around a long time, been on an Olympic team. Stone might have said something mean to him during the series to make him mad. I don't think Stone was hurt so that's a factor for the NHL. Pietrangelo said the Oilers were going after him with hits so that justified in his eyes trying to break a guys arm so you just never know with the NHL what they will do.

Actual footage of George Parros and the Department of Hockey Safety this morning:

https://media.tenor.com/wrwEx6QRLoAAAAAC/spin-the-wheel-price-is-right.gif

Re: 2022-2023 NHL Playoffs! [message #823915 is a reply to message #823911 ]
Wed, 24 May 2023 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 24 May 2023 10:16

Actual footage of George Parros and the Department of Hockey Safety this morning:

I think clearly this should be 1 game based on Pietro, who admitted he did it as payback for things done to him, skating out of his way to try to break Drai's arm. Maybe even just a fine now, because Benn missed almost the entire game 3, Pietro only lost 90 seconds of a lost game.

But hey, Benn doesn't play for Parros' home town team Vegas (yeah, he lives in Vegas now), so let's see.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: 2022-2023 NHL Playoffs! [message #823918 is a reply to message #823915 ]
Wed, 24 May 2023 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 24 May 2023 10:24

Adam wrote on Wed, 24 May 2023 10:16

I think clearly this should be 1 game based on Pietro, who admitted he did it as payback for things done to him, skating out of his way to try to break Drai's arm. Maybe even just a fine now, because Benn missed almost the entire game 3, Pietro only lost 90 seconds of a lost game.

But hey, Benn doesn't play for Parros' home town team Vegas (yeah, he lives in Vegas now), so let's see.

I know the Wheel of Fortune picture is meant to be funny but sadly, I almost feel like it isn't far off.

Benn is a key player for the Stars. He got 5 and a game 2 mins into the game from the ref. So I bet the NHL sees that as giving him a 1 game suspension already. Every game in the playoffs is worth way more than a regular season game in the NHL eyes. Then you factor in, it's a conference final so those games are worth even more than a first round game. So it wouldn't shock me if the NHL sees being kicked out of game 3 in the conference finals, 2 mins in, as like a 2 game suspension. Then Then you factor in the Knights scored a PP goal on that penalty to get a 2-0 lead. Stone wasn't hurt. Do I think Benn deserves a suspension? Absolutely. Would I be stunned if he got a fine. Nope.

If he does get a suspension, I bet it's only 1 game for the reasons I said above. Being kicked out in the game early, is a big, big deal in the eyes of the NHL.

Pages (10): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  >  »]  
Previous Topic:NHL Arbitration List
Next Topic:Hockey Analytics
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca