This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821205]
Wed, 19 April 2023 02:00 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final
Score Prediction
Login To Make Your Prediction

Edmonton to win:   0%
Los Angeles to win:   0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

2022-23P Regular Season
Monday, April 17, 2023Los Angeles 4 @ Edmonton 3 (OT)Loss
Wednesday, April 19, 2023Los Angeles 2 @ Edmonton 4Win
Friday, April 21, 2023Edmonton 2 @ Los Angeles 3 (OT)Loss
Sunday, April 23, 2023Edmonton 5 @ Los Angeles 4 (OT)Win
Tuesday, April 25, 2023Los Angeles 3 @ Edmonton 6Win
Saturday, April 29, 2023Edmonton 5 @ Los Angeles 4Win
Home Record: 2-0-1       Road Record: 2-0-1       Overall Record: 4-0-2
Home / Road Goals For: 13/12 Total: 25
Home / Road Goals Against: 9/11 Total: 20

2021-22 Regular Season
Sunday, December 5, 2021Los Angeles 5 @ Edmonton 1Loss
Tuesday, February 15, 2022Edmonton 5 @ Los Angeles 2Win
Wednesday, March 30, 2022Los Angeles 3 @ Edmonton 4 (OT) (SO)Win
Thursday, April 7, 2022Edmonton 3 @ Los Angeles 2Win
Home Record: 1-1-0       Road Record: 2-0-0       Overall Record: 3-1-0
Home / Road Goals For: 5/8 Total: 13
Home / Road Goals Against: 8/4 Total: 12

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821209 is a reply to message #821205 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Need to be more disciplined. Need to get the W. It’s #Must season

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821234 is a reply to message #821209 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tardigrade81  is currently offline tardigrade81

1 Cup

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 19 April 2023 13:48

If we cut out the penalties we win this in 5

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821235 is a reply to message #821234 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

tardigrade81 wrote on Wed, 19 April 2023 12:59

I love your enthusiasm haha. I think it’s going 6 or 7.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821237 is a reply to message #821235 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 19 April 2023 13:00

tardigrade81 wrote on Wed, 19 April 2023 12:59

I love your enthusiasm haha. I think it’s going 6 or 7.

Me too. We have jaded bitterness and guarded optimism well covered here.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821211 is a reply to message #821205 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

I mean it goes without saying.

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821214 is a reply to message #821205 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rocksteady  is currently offline Rocksteady

No Cups

Play a full 60 minutes of 200 foot hockey.

Don' be stupid and get dumb penalties.

Get greasy.

The very definition of insanity is doing the exact same thing expecting different results.

Generally Disappointed.

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821216 is a reply to message #821214 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

A few reasons why I think they will cruise to a win.

I think McD will be much better. He was held off the score sheet, I thought he passed up some really good chance to try and set up his boys. Depth is extremely important but you need your best players to be your best players. I also think Nuge was way too quiet and he will be better and same goes for Hyman offensively.

I think Skinner was OK but not great. I think he will be better.

The Oilers as a team will be more disciplined.

Biggest reason. I am not in the building tonight. I get first dibs for playoff tickets from work. I usually go to game 1 because as exciting as every playoff game is, game 1 is always extra exciting. Plus you just never know how many playoff games there will be. I took my youngest to the game on Wednesday as it was his 10th bday this past weekend. Of course they lost. I can't remember the last time they have won a game 1 that I was at. So I will take the blame on the last one. icon_lol

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821218 is a reply to message #821216 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 19 April 2023 08:34

I think McD will be much better. He was held off the score sheet, I thought he passed up some really good chance to try and set up his boys. Depth is extremely important but you need your best players to be your best players. I also think Nuge was way too quiet and he will be better and same goes for Hyman offensively.

Biggest reason. I am not in the building tonight. I get first dibs for playoff tickets from work. I usually go to game 1 because as exciting as every playoff game is, game 1 is always extra exciting. Plus you just never know how many playoff games there will be. I took my youngest to the game on Wednesday as it was his 10th bday this past weekend. Of course they lost. I can't remember the last time they have won a game 1 that I was at. So I will take the blame on the last one. icon_lol

You’re the reason they don’t win game 1’s in series! Lol

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821219 is a reply to message #821218 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 19 April 2023 08:51

I was actually debating not going to game 1 this year but because my son's b-day was so close to it, I went.

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821221 is a reply to message #821219 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

We got this

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821223 is a reply to message #821219 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 19 April 2023 08:59

I was actually debating not going to game 1 this year but because my son's b-day was so close to it, I went.

That’s awesome, dude. I hope, regardless of the end score, you and your boy had a good time!

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821225 is a reply to message #821223 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 19 April 2023 10:11

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 19 April 2023 08:59

That’s awesome, dude. I hope, regardless of the end score, you and your boy had a good time!

OH yes, it was lots of fun. He got a new jersey. We managed to get a couple of the 1260 playoff beards. It was jersey day at school on Tuesday so he got to wear the new jersey to school. A super late night having to drive back to RD for him but well worth it. The only negative for him was he wasn't allowed to miss school the next day because of the late night. Mom said no. icon_lol He got to sleep in a little and be late for school so it was fine.

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821226 is a reply to message #821205 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

The radio says Janmark is out for the series. So I guess we got the 11/7 or 12/6 answer?

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821227 is a reply to message #821226 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 19 April 2023 11:25

The radio says Janmark is out for the series. So I guess we got the 11/7 or 12/6 answer?

Kempe shot.

We took so many runs at Kempe in that first period, he was starting to look over his shoulder every time he was near the boards. Then while we started to chip away at our own game be scores 2 goals on us and takes Janmark out of the series.

Hits are great, but actually playing the game and making good plays is so much better.

I didn't get a chance on here to note how Kane basically played like Lucic in that first game. Hand grenade passing, bad turnovers, dumb penalties. But sure he got a couple good hits. Hopefully we get better from him tonight, along with others.

[Updated on: Wed, 19 April 2023 11:47]

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821228 is a reply to message #821227 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 19 April 2023 11:45

Kempe shot.

We took so many runs at Kempe in that first period, he was starting to look over his shoulder every time he was near the boards. Then while we started to chip away at our own game be scores 2 goals on us and takes Janmark out of the series.

Hits are great, but actually playing the game and making good plays is so much better.

I didn't get a chance on here to note how Kane basically played like Lucic in that first game. Hand grenade passing, bad turnovers, dumb penalties. But sure he got a couple good hits. Hopefully we get better from him tonight, along with others.

I’d honestly swap Kane and Nuge.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821230 is a reply to message #821228 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 19 April 2023 11:51

Kempe shot.

I would not swap Kane and Nuge. The Leon line was the best line on the ice for the Oilers by a mile and Kane was part of that. I know people like to dwell on that 20 game stretch 2 or 3 years ago when in the regular season Nuge, Leon, Yamo were unreal but anytime it's been put together since, I don't think the line has been very good. Plus if you take Kane off Leon's line, who is the guy to go into the corners, battle and get the puck? That's not Nuge. So 5'8 Yamo has to be the guy battling in the corners for Leon and Nuge? McD has Hyman to go get the puck for him, Leon needs someone.

If people want to bring up penalties on Kane, then they better bring up Bouchard's penalty with 2 mins left. That was a penalty and a really stupid, costly one.

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821231 is a reply to message #821230 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 19 April 2023 12:13

Kempe shot.

I would not swap Kane and Nuge. The Leon line was the best line on the ice for the Oilers by a mile and Kane was part of that. I know people like to dwell on that 20 game stretch 2 or 3 years ago when in the regular season Nuge, Leon, Yamo were unreal but anytime it's been put together since, I don't think the line has been very good. Plus if you take Kane off Leon's line, who is the guy to go into the corners, battle and get the puck? That's not Nuge. So 5'8 Yamo has to be the guy battling in the corners for Leon and Nuge? McD has Hyman to go get the puck for him, Leon needs someone.

If people want to bring up penalties on Kane, then they better bring up Bouchard's penalty with 2 mins left. That was a penalty and a really stupid, costly one.

True. Although Bouchard looked dangerous on every shift. Impactful game with a ginormous mistake. I like that he’s not being a wallflower, but some controlled aggression will look good on him.

Meanwhile McLeod was still doing fly by’s. I don’t get that kid? He’s missing one huge element from becoming a semi-star player.

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821233 is a reply to message #821231 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Wed, 19 April 2023 12:23

Kempe shot.

True. Although Bouchard looked dangerous on every shift. Impactful game with a ginormous mistake. I like that he’s not being a wallflower, but some controlled aggression will look good on him.

Meanwhile McLeod was still doing fly by’s. I don’t get that kid? He’s missing one huge element from becoming a semi-star player.

I agree about Bouchard, I thought he had a very good game that was in my opinion very much tarnished by a pretty stupid error on his part. I hope/suspect he learned a pretty valuable lesson and it won't happen again.

I agree with you on McLeod. The guy has the size, speed, skill to be one of the premiere 3rd line centers in the NHL. But the guy seriously needs to grow a set and stop playing like such a wussy. You don't have to run around trying to hit everything that moves and trying to fight guys but drive the freaking net. Go into the corners and get the puck, no fly by's. If he was a player that had an elite shot and could score from distance, fine. He doesn't. Go to the paint!!!

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821236 is a reply to message #821231 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

inverno76 wrote on Wed, 19 April 2023 15:23

He would look right at home on some not so far past versions of the Oilers. He's one of the only ones out there not finishing his checks and it's really sticking out like a sore thumb. I don't need him to be Scott Stevens out there, but at the very least don't put in more effort to stop or fly by than just letting yourself bang into the guy on the boards.

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821241 is a reply to message #821231 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Wed, 19 April 2023 11:23

.. Meanwhile McLeod was still doing fly by’s. I don’t get that kid? He’s missing one huge element from becoming a semi-star player.

Agree, don't understand it either.. I'm sure he's told to finish checks or at least engage but he rarely does..

Gong to miss Janmark on the PK and forecheck.. his line was super effective.. bummer

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821245 is a reply to message #821241 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Wed, 19 April 2023 15:56

inverno76 wrote on Wed, 19 April 2023 11:23

.. Meanwhile McLeod was still doing fly by’s. I don’t get that kid? He’s missing one huge element from becoming a semi-star player.

Agree, don't understand it either.. I'm sure he's told to finish checks or at least engage but he rarely does..

Gong to miss Janmark on the PK and forecheck.. his line was super effective.. bummer

I wonder if we are seeing a bit of a message from Woody with icetime for McLeod and a lack of him being willing to get in there. McLeod is one of Woody's boys and I was surprised to see in an OT game, he only had just over 12 mins. Usually he plays a lot more. This is playoffs, you have to get out of your comfort zone. Bouchard was mixing it up in the corner which blew me away but I loved it. He looked like he was ready to fight the guy. Just showed how engaged he was in the game which is what every guy needs to do.

McLeod is 6'2, almost 210 and skates like the wind. Those Kings dmen should be hearing footsteps if he is forechecking hard and not doing fly bys. If I was a Kings dman, when going back for a puck, if I saw McLeod was coming, I wouldn't be worried at all. I'd have zero concern I was going to get hit or even pressured. That's a problem.

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821232 is a reply to message #821230 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Kempe shot.

Bouch's penalty was bad. Young player letting emotions get the best of him when he saw Moore coming, who he was PO'd at for earlier. Thought he could get an extra hard shot on him and up the stick bounces into his face off the shoulder. Desharnais, another young guy, desperation swing at the puck/player after getting beat unaware that player was actually going to be covered anyways.

Young guys have time to learn. Bouch had a load of good contributions in the game which was nice to see too. Desharnais, I think the lad is just gonna be in survival mode most of these playoffs :) Kane already tens of millions in take home pay into his career, gotta expect a bit better, and I think he will be better.

[Updated on: Wed, 19 April 2023 12:30]

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821240 is a reply to message #821230 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

I would not swap Kane and Nuge. The Leon line was the best line on the ice for the Oilers by a mile and Kane was part of that.

I agree with this. None of our lines were liabilities last game. McDavid didn't get a point but he didn't get outplayed. They had some great chances and got denied.

Draisaitl's line got two goals and were solid too. We outplayed the Kings for the bulk of the game, so don't let bad luck mess with what was a good plan. Tighten up the discipline, and just crush the bastards tonight.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821229 is a reply to message #821205 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

McDavid is going to be huge tonight. 1st of 16 wins start tonight.

https://vafloc02.s3.amazonaws.com/isyn/images/f109/img-161109-f.jpg

[Updated on: Wed, 19 April 2023 12:11]

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821242 is a reply to message #821205 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 16:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Anyone ever know about this.. there's a guy in Manitoba who draws a cartoon for every Oiler game..
Found the link on Lowetide's webpage.. courtesy of JP

https://twitter.com/LanceMaxwell2

Story
https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/2193789507523

[Updated on: Wed, 19 April 2023 16:07]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821246 is a reply to message #821205 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

Expect puck drop to be closer to 8:30 again tonight. Boston game starting at 7:30 local instead of 7 for some reason

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821247 is a reply to message #821246 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 17:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Wed, 19 April 2023 17:02

Expect puck drop to be closer to 8:30 again tonight. Boston game starting at 7:30 local instead of 7 for some reason

NHL usually starts one eastern game at 7 and the other at 7:30. I assume this is so I can flip to the other games at intermission. The Pacific division is always going to following the later game for tv reasons.

That being said the is no reason the puck drop is always 20 minutes after start time. Puck drop should be 7:05.

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821248 is a reply to message #821247 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 17:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

Yeah - this is all for ESPN.

The ESPN2 games start at 5 & 7:30, ESPN are 5:30 & 8.

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821259 is a reply to message #821248 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 19:46 Go to previous message

1 Cup

Almost time

Previous Topic:GDT: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #1)
Next Topic:Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #1)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca