This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 NHL » 2022-23 OOT ThreadPages (17): [ «  <  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820874 is a reply to message #812389 ]
Wed, 12 April 2023 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AndersonRules  is currently offline AndersonRules

No Cups

Nasty end to the Winnipeg - Minnesota game last night. Two DOPS reviews, which leave me in the end scratching my head ...

This hit from Hartman on Ehlers gets a 1-game suspension ... which may be just. But note the context - Hartman definitely interferes with Ehlers on the play, but right after Ehlers lays a VERY late hit on Kaprisov that goes unpenalized (and unmentioned by the DOPS). I think Hartman has a reasonable justification that he could have been anticipating a similarly late hit as the one that Ehlers just laid on Kaprisov - though I think Hartman was delivering payback instead.

https://www.nhl.com/video/hartman-suspended-one-game/t-27744 0360/c-16571353

Late in the period, with 30 seconds left, Pionk lays this cross-check on Johansson - https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/jets-pionk-fined-5k-for -cross-checking-wilds-johansson/ He does get a $5k fine for it - but given game history and game state, plus the viciousness of the hit (and the obvious injury it caused), I can't fathom why it's not a suspension. Yeah, he received a 5-minute major for the hit - but with 30 seconds left and a 2-goal lead, that has zero impact on the outcome of the game, and is an inconsequential penalty.

I guess it would be a rare DOPS ruling that makes perfect sense to me.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820875 is a reply to message #820874 ]
Wed, 12 April 2023 16:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon_Matt  is currently offline Dragon_Matt

No Cups

i feel like the two incidents should have received each other's DOPS response.
Pionk was trying to hurt Johansson with the crosscheck to the unprotected ribs, as you said, in an inconsequential part of the game. Where If you watch the play on full speed, and considering the late hit just before it, Hartman played the puck and less than 1/2 second goes by (maybe 1/4) before he hits Ehlers. Not so different from laying a reverse hit while driving into the corner, this one just happened to be at center ice.

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820876 is a reply to message #820875 ]
Wed, 12 April 2023 16:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55 is currently online Kr55

6 Cups

Dragon_Matt wrote on Wed, 12 April 2023 16:01

i feel like the two incidents should have received each other's DOPS response.
Pionk was trying to hurt Johansson with the crosscheck to the unprotected ribs, as you said, in an inconsequential part of the game. Where If you watch the play on full speed, and considering the late hit just before it, Hartman played the puck and less than 1/2 second goes by (maybe 1/4) before he hits Ehlers. Not so different from laying a reverse hit while driving into the corner, this one just happened to be at center ice.

I think Hartman screwed himself with his post game comments. There is bad blood between these teams and he couldn't help but make it sound like his hit on Ehlers was retribution for Kaprozov being abused by the Jets. That's just always gonna get you in crap with DoPS.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820916 is a reply to message #812389 ]
Thu, 13 April 2023 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

Our boy Larry Brossoit is in lock down mode for Vegas

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820919 is a reply to message #820916 ]
Thu, 13 April 2023 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Stupid Kraken. I hate those useless octopi.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820926 is a reply to message #820919 ]
Fri, 14 April 2023 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 13 April 2023 23:27

Stupid Kraken. I hate those useless octopi.

I don't like spiced rum at all anymore. It must be age.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820931 is a reply to message #812389 ]
Fri, 14 April 2023 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilfan94  is currently offline oilfan94

No Cups

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/dallas-eakins-out-as-anaheim-ducks-he ad-coach-1.1945809

Dallas Eakins fired by Anaheim. I guess they think they will be good next season. When you look at the NHL coaching register among coaches that have coached 300+ games, he is one of the very worst on points % if you exclude anyone who coached those really horrible 70s and 90s expansion teams.

He has solid coaching numbers in the AHL though. I bet you he catches on somewhere for the AHL again before next season.

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820932 is a reply to message #820931 ]
Fri, 14 April 2023 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

oilfan94 wrote on Fri, 14 April 2023 09:45

Dallas Eakins fired by Anaheim. I guess they think they will be good next season. When you look at the NHL coaching register among coaches that have coached 300+ games, he is one of the very worst on points % if you exclude anyone who coached those really horrible 70s and 90s expansion teams.

He has solid coaching numbers in the AHL though. I bet you he catches on somewhere for the AHL again before next season.

HIs job is done. He dug a hole for us to get McDavid. Only fan outrage pushed the Oilers management to fire him before he could get us dead last (lucky!). He managed a bigger one for the Ducks for a solid chance at Bedard.

I hope the Ducks get pushed for going Full Eakins personally.

[Updated on: Fri, 14 April 2023 10:01]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820933 is a reply to message #820932 ]
Fri, 14 April 2023 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 14 April 2023 09:58

HIs job is done. He dug a hole for us to get McDavid. Only fan outrage pushed the Oilers management to fire him before he could get us dead last (lucky!). He managed a bigger one for the Ducks for a solid chance at Bedard.

Now on to the Flames!

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820935 is a reply to message #820933 ]
Fri, 14 April 2023 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 14 April 2023 10:02

Now on to the Flames!

Brilliant hockey mind who can really re-invent the game on the fly. Loved by media types in Toronto. What more do you need? I think a Sutter/Eakins tandem could be one for the ages!!!

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820956 is a reply to message #820935 ]
Fri, 14 April 2023 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kungpaobenji27  is currently offline kungpaobenji27

No Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 14 April 2023 11:10

Now on to the Flames!

Brilliant hockey mind who can really re-invent the game on the fly. Loved by media types in Toronto. What more do you need? I think a Sutter/Eakins tandem could be one for the ages!!!

But...but...did you know he mentored Nazem Kadri in the AHL?

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820957 is a reply to message #820956 ]
Fri, 14 April 2023 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

kungpaobenji27 wrote on Fri, 14 April 2023 14:13

Adam wrote on Fri, 14 April 2023 11:10

Now on to the Flames!

But...but...did you know he mentored Nazem Kadri in the AHL?

Combine that with the fact that he actually played for the Flames and I think this is pretty much a done deal.

Wait, do the Flames care about having coaches that played for them?

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820936 is a reply to message #820933 ]
Fri, 14 April 2023 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Now on to the Flames!

Still praying for Sutter to be GM+Coach.

Sounds like Tre was hanging out for a long time on the Lames bench chatting with all the players before their last game. Seems like something someone about to be replaced would do!

Sutter also has an $8M+ contract about to kick in for the next 2 years. Fire a guy before his extension even starts?!?

https://www.nhl.com/news/darryl-sutter-agrees-to-a-multiyear -contract-extension-to-remain-coach-of-calgary-flames/c-3361 79958

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820961 is a reply to message #820936 ]
Fri, 14 April 2023 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 14 April 2023 10:12

Now on to the Flames!

Sounds like Tre was hanging out for a long time on the Lames bench chatting with all the players before their last game. Seems like something someone about to be replaced would do!

Sutter also has an $8M+ contract about to kick in for the next 2 years. Fire a guy before his extension even starts?!?

https://www.nhl.com/news/darryl-sutter-agrees-to-a-multiyear -contract-extension-to-remain-coach-of-calgary-flames/c-3361 79958

Extending Sutter for multiple years is probably cause for dismissal for Treliving! Everything else he did last summer was near miraculous and so I'm thrilled to see him depart Calgary if he goes.

I do question WHY they extended Sutter. Didn't they have any exit interviews with Gaudreau and Tkachuk to figure out why they were leaving???

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820963 is a reply to message #820961 ]
Fri, 14 April 2023 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 14 April 2023 14:01

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 14 April 2023 10:12

Now on to the Flames!

Extending Sutter for multiple years is probably cause for dismissal for Treliving! Everything else he did last summer was near miraculous and so I'm thrilled to see him depart Calgary if he goes.

I do question WHY they extended Sutter. Didn't they have any exit interviews with Gaudreau and Tkachuk to figure out why they were leaving???

I thought Sutter was well loved by people above Treliving in the org which gives me the hope he could get in their ear and snap up that GM spot too. Fingers crossed!

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820938 is a reply to message #812389 ]
Fri, 14 April 2023 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Frank Seravalli @frank_seravalli
#stlblues have fired assistant coaches Craig MacTavish and Mike Van Ryn.

MacT and Eakins can get together again!

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820940 is a reply to message #820938 ]
Fri, 14 April 2023 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Interesting start to the old off season thread this year. I had completely forgot MacT was with the Blues

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820941 is a reply to message #812389 ]
Fri, 14 April 2023 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

The real reason Holland traded Barrie. To get another player with an 85 game regular season on their stats

Stan Nieradka @smn013
#NHL STAT DU JOUR" Tonight #Smashville Tyson Barrie plays in his 85th game of the season, the first time someone has played that many since Rem Murray did it in 2002-03.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820952 is a reply to message #812389 ]
Fri, 14 April 2023 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
benv  is currently offline benv

No Cups

Landeskog will not play in playoffs:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/avalanche-rule-captain- gabriel-landeskog-out-for-playoffs-with-knee-injury/

This will put a damper on the Avs repeat chances. The path to the finals may be a bit easier.

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820954 is a reply to message #820952 ]
Fri, 14 April 2023 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AndersonRules  is currently offline AndersonRules

No Cups

benv wrote on Fri, 14 April 2023 11:55

Landeskog will not play in playoffs:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/avalanche-rule-captain- gabriel-landeskog-out-for-playoffs-with-knee-injury/

This will put a damper on the Avs repeat chances. The path to the finals may be a bit easier.

I dunno - they're still solid, have finished the season on a pretty incredible tear (not as great as ours, but not far off), and "know what it takes" to win. I'm glad we can't face them until the 3rd round (if we meet them at all).

Realistically, though, there's truly no "easy outs" in the Western conference this playoffs - I think the Oilers are capable of beating all 7 teams, but I also think each of the 7 teams could beat us. It's going to be nerve-wracking.

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820955 is a reply to message #812389 ]
Fri, 14 April 2023 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kungpaobenji27  is currently offline kungpaobenji27

No Cups

Not exactly the best season ending press conferences for a few Flames players....
-Lindholm indicated he's non-commital about re-signing in 2024
-Backlund the same
-Hubderdeau voiced his frustrations

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820964 is a reply to message #812389 ]
Fri, 14 April 2023 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Johnny Toews not going to be re-signed by Chicago.. before Bjugdstad got acquired I would have looked at him as a #3 center (if he weren't looking for money) .. think he'd sign for $1+ M anywhere for a chance at the Cup?

https://twitter.com/NHLBlackhawks/status/1646514841673424898 ?cxt=HHwWhIDT9cuhzNktAAAA

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820968 is a reply to message #812389 ]
Fri, 14 April 2023 16:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Need to send this to Crawford.. 5 for 5 at 62 icon_nod

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820969 is a reply to message #812389 ]
Fri, 14 April 2023 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Sounds like DeBrincat is unlikely to extend with Ottawa. He is RFA with 1 year to go and has a 9M QO, lol. Guess he didn't really have to do that much this year with a 9M QO. Next season will be his big shot at the payday at a place of his choice as a UFA. Unless he doesn't get a QO, then he gets to pick his spot for his retirement contract show-me season.

We certainly can't afford to trade for him and give him 9M, but if he ends up UFA, what a nice pickup that would be for a year.

These bridge deals that end with a 2x spike in the last year to have a crazy QO are just brutal.

[Updated on: Fri, 14 April 2023 16:45]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820970 is a reply to message #820969 ]
Fri, 14 April 2023 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 14 April 2023 19:42

Sounds like DeBrincat is unlikely to extend with Ottawa. He is RFA with 1 year to go and has a 9M QO, lol. Guess he didn't really have to do that much this year with a 9M QO. Next season will be his big shot at the payday at a place of his choice as a UFA. Unless he doesn't get a QO, then he gets to pick his spot for his retirement contract show-me season.

We certainly can't afford to trade for him and give him 9M, but if he ends up UFA, what a nice pickup that would be for a year.

These bridge deals that end with a 2x spike in the last year to have a crazy QO are just brutal.

I was REALLY hoping that we would have drafted him during his draft year. At first I figured it was the McDavid effect, but then when he went ahead and scored a bunch of goals WITHOUT McDavid? That made him a no brainer to draft in my mind, regardless of his small stature.
I wonder if us signing Kane to that extension takes us out of the running for him though. Feels like it would be one or the other - both guys that will reliably put the puck in the net.

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820974 is a reply to message #812389 ]
Fri, 14 April 2023 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

I didnt realize that even though the Avs won tonight and tied us with points with more overall wins that we would still be ahead in the standings because of more regulation wins. If we do end up facing them again this year then we will get the home ice advantage. Unless they get home ice advantage because they won their division.

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820979 is a reply to message #812389 ]
Sat, 15 April 2023 17:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

https://dailyhive.com/edmonton/milan-lucic-thankful-flames-f ans

Some comments from Lucic being happy that his contract is up and a weight coming off him.

Quote:

You want to live up to the expectations of what you’re getting paid and all that type of stuff. I’m a proud person, you know? By no means do I feel like I didn’t earn it. I definitely did earn it. But to not be able to live up to it was definitely something that weighed on me day to day.

I've seen some comments from fans saying they wouldn't mind bringing him back on a cheap deal. Those fans are delusional. I hope that the Flames sign him for 2-3 years at 2.5M or something like that. He has been so reliablely bad that I love playing against him at this point. I know the buy out for Neal is annoying, but I'll never got bothered too much by it, since it was the cost to be able to pawn Lucic off onto the Flames. His comments about the Oilers leadership being too young after he went to Calgary (and saying how he liked the older leadership with Giordano) were infuriating and tone deaf, as he was supposed to be the veteran leadership, and proved to not have much ability in that area.

Now from a human standpoint, I am glad he feels better and I hope he does continue his career, just not for the Oilers.

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #820994 is a reply to message #820979 ]
Mon, 17 April 2023 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

oilfan94 wrote on Sat, 15 April 2023 17:20

https://dailyhive.com/edmonton/milan-lucic-thankful-flames-f ans

Some comments from Lucic being happy that his contract is up and a weight coming off him.

Quote:

You want to live up to the expectations of what you’re getting paid and all that type of stuff. I’m a proud person, you know? By no means do I feel like I didn’t earn it. I definitely did earn it. But to not be able to live up to it was definitely something that weighed on me day to day.

I've seen some comments from fans saying they wouldn't mind bringing him back on a cheap deal. Those fans are delusional. I hope that the Flames sign him for 2-3 years at 2.5M or something like that. He has been so reliablely bad that I love playing against him at this point. I know the buy out for Neal is annoying, but I'll never got bothered too much by it, since it was the cost to be able to pawn Lucic off onto the Flames. His comments about the Oilers leadership being too young after he went to Calgary (and saying how he liked the older leadership with Giordano) were infuriating and tone deaf, as he was supposed to be the veteran leadership, and proved to not have much ability in that area.

Now from a human standpoint, I am glad he feels better and I hope he does continue his career, just not for the Oilers.

He also said that it was just too dry in Edmonton and he had to spend all his time bathing himself in lotion before moving to the humid paradise that is Calgary...

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #821032 is a reply to message #812389 ]
Mon, 17 April 2023 17:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

.. and from the Captain Obvious files.. Mark Stone is miraculously ready for game 1 vs. Winni..
NHL Corp happy.
Jets need to test it out with a few cross checks..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #821191 is a reply to message #812389 ]
Tue, 18 April 2023 18:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

Damn, I missed playoff Leafs. Welcome back.

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #821193 is a reply to message #821191 ]
Tue, 18 April 2023 19:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

NetBOG wrote on Tue, 18 April 2023 21:05

Leafs pulling an Oilers & taking a bunch of undisciplined penalties & it's killing them. Do I feel bad for them? Nope!

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #821195 is a reply to message #821193 ]
Tue, 18 April 2023 19:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Tue, 18 April 2023 19:38

Leafs pulling an Oilers & taking a bunch of undisciplined penalties & it's killing them. Do I feel bad for them? Nope!

I think the Leafs are going to win the series after this.

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #821196 is a reply to message #821195 ]
Tue, 18 April 2023 20:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 18 April 2023 19:42

Samsonov said a couple days ago that the Leafs were the best team in the NHL. Someone forgot to tell him he plays for the Leafs.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #821199 is a reply to message #821195 ]
Tue, 18 April 2023 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 18 April 2023 19:42

Tampa has a plethora of injuries. Bunting likely getting a game for his head shot. What a punk.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #821201 is a reply to message #812389 ]
Tue, 18 April 2023 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Wow a few upsets.. well not that they lost but by how much..

Avs lose to Seattle 3-1.. figured Avs could handle the squids pretty easily.. a little surprised by this..

Tampa wollops Leafs 7-3.. I thought playoff TB could win but not light Leafs up for 7.. I dislike both teams..

and Vegas .. with Mark Stone back in the line up get lit for 5 -1 vs the Jets.. Yikes.. I thought Jets could win.. mainly because of Hellybuk.. if they kept it close.. but not pop in 5 goals!

Oilers 4-3 OT loss not looking as bad on the choke scale now..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #821207 is a reply to message #821201 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

Skookum Jim wrote on Wed, 19 April 2023 02:15

Wow a few upsets.. well not that they lost but by how much..

Avs lose to Seattle 3-1.. figured Avs could handle the squids pretty easily.. a little surprised by this..

Tampa wollops Leafs 7-3.. I thought playoff TB could win but not light Leafs up for 7.. I dislike both teams..

and Vegas .. with Mark Stone back in the line up get lit for 5 -1 vs the Jets.. Yikes.. I thought Jets could win.. mainly because of Hellybuk.. if they kept it close.. but not pop in 5 goals!

Oilers 4-3 OT loss not looking as bad on the choke scale now..

Didn't expect those results when I woke up this morning. Home teams go 0-4 on the night. Visiting teams with 6 wins out of 8 game 1s.

Hopefully the last nights trends continue, and Monday's are reversed :)

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #821208 is a reply to message #821207 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Of course NOW Vegas finally loses a game, since we're no longer fighting with them for the division title...
REALLY didn't expect Seattle to beat the Avs either - I had Avs in 4 for that series.

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season OOT Thread [message #821220 is a reply to message #821208 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

I think the Jets were one of it not the best teams in the West record wise for the first half of the season then tanked the second half of the year. In any drafts I filled out, I had the Jets winning all day and after seeing last nights result, I think it could be in 5. I think Vegas is slow and Brossoit while being capable of being a decent back up at times, he's not a starter and isn't close.

Re: 2022-23 OOT Thread [message #821250 is a reply to message #812389 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 17:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Bunting gets 3 PLAYOFF games for that hit to the head? Wow.. seems harsh in comparison to past decisions.. what happens when a guy commits a real 1st degree hit to the head, or run from behind?

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: 2022-23 OOT Thread [message #821251 is a reply to message #821250 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 18:01 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Wed, 19 April 2023 17:52

Bunting gets 3 PLAYOFF games for that hit to the head? Wow.. seems harsh in comparison to past decisions.. what happens when a guy commits a real 1st degree hit to the head, or run from behind?

Didn't the refs and league decide they didn't like Bunting a couple months ago? Maybe he's their new Kadri?

Re: 2022-23 OOT Thread [message #821256 is a reply to message #821251 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 19:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 19 April 2023 17:01

Skookum Jim wrote on Wed, 19 April 2023 17:52

Didn't the refs and league decide they didn't like Bunting a couple months ago? Maybe he's their new Kadri?

Appears that way.

Even if they don't like the player.. The NHL shouldn't be handing playoff games to opponents

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Pages (17): [ «  <  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Flyers hire more alumni to run the team
Next Topic:Flames arena
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca