This day on March 29
None

Happy Birthday To: SMURDS, JRock71, Cpt Waffle, TexasOiler, Morgan99

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #1)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #1) [message #820987]
Mon, 17 April 2023 02:00 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final (OT)
Score Prediction
Login To Make Your Prediction

Edmonton to win:   0%
Los Angeles to win:   0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

2022-23P Regular Season
Monday, April 17, 2023Los Angeles 4 @ Edmonton 3 (OT)Loss
Wednesday, April 19, 2023Los Angeles 2 @ Edmonton 4Win
Friday, April 21, 2023Edmonton 2 @ Los Angeles 3 (OT)Loss
Sunday, April 23, 2023Edmonton 5 @ Los Angeles 4 (OT)Win
Tuesday, April 25, 2023Los Angeles 3 @ Edmonton 6Win
Saturday, April 29, 2023Edmonton 5 @ Los Angeles 4Win
Home Record: 2-0-1       Road Record: 2-0-1       Overall Record: 4-0-2
Home / Road Goals For: 13/12 Total: 25
Home / Road Goals Against: 9/11 Total: 20

2021-22 Regular Season
Sunday, December 5, 2021Los Angeles 5 @ Edmonton 1Loss
Tuesday, February 15, 2022Edmonton 5 @ Los Angeles 2Win
Wednesday, March 30, 2022Los Angeles 3 @ Edmonton 4 (OT) (SO)Win
Thursday, April 7, 2022Edmonton 3 @ Los Angeles 2Win
Home Record: 1-1-0       Road Record: 2-0-0       Overall Record: 3-1-0
Home / Road Goals For: 5/8 Total: 13
Home / Road Goals Against: 8/4 Total: 12

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #1) [message #820988 is a reply to message #820987 ]
Mon, 17 April 2023 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

Got home late last night and could barely sleep. Might need a pre-game nap today. Oil should be flying. Hopefully they can control their emotions and steamroll the Kings.

LFG!!!

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #1) [message #820989 is a reply to message #820988 ]
Mon, 17 April 2023 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

No PVR for this one. Went out yesterday and got myself a new coffee machine and a bag of beans for tomorrow. Pretty pumped - let's hope they come out flying and don't stop.

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #1) [message #820990 is a reply to message #820989 ]
Mon, 17 April 2023 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

No Cups

Mike wrote on Mon, 17 April 2023 09:32

No PVR for this one. Went out yesterday and got myself a new coffee machine and a bag of beans for tomorrow. Pretty pumped - let's hope they come out flying and don't stop.

Yep, I've resigned myself to the fact that this week is going to suck at work.
Think I'll take a pre-game nap, though I know I'll probably be too hyped to sleep anyway.

Staying disciplined is going to be key in this series - the only way I can see the Kings beating us is if they get us off our game by going after them for the inevitable shenanigans that they are going to pull.

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #1) [message #820993 is a reply to message #820990 ]
Mon, 17 April 2023 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Mon, 17 April 2023 07:25

Think I'll take a pre-game nap, though I know I'll probably be too hyped to sleep anyway.

Staying disciplined is going to be key in this series - the only way I can see the Kings beating us is if they get us off our game by going after them for the inevitable shenanigans that they are going to pull.

Don't all you Eastern boys start work late anyhow? I know I'm always surprised by how late people actually show up when at the Toronto office. I'll get myself there by 8 or 830 even with the time difference, and then no one shows up until around 945...

Hopefully the referees show up to work for the playoffs. I imagine McLellan's only plan is to goon it up and expect that the officials will let 90% of it go. It would be really nice if we can get through the first round without our best players getting injured this year.

Let's GO!!!!

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #1) [message #820997 is a reply to message #820993 ]
Mon, 17 April 2023 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 17 April 2023 09:20

Don't all you Eastern boys start work late anyhow? I know I'm always surprised by how late people actually show up when at the Toronto office. I'll get myself there by 8 or 830 even with the time difference, and then no one shows up until around 945...

Hopefully the referees show up to work for the playoffs. I imagine McLellan's only plan is to goon it up and expect that the officials will let 90% of it go. It would be really nice if we can get through the first round without our best players getting injured this year.

Let's GO!!!!

I'm always surprised when I hear people work out east. Waiting for a cheque to arrive from Alberta isn't work. But this week isn't for noticing what easterns do (and don't do). This week is set aside for California and their soft, dirty, crime filled cities, fans, and hockey teams.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #1) [message #820998 is a reply to message #820997 ]
Mon, 17 April 2023 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Mon, 17 April 2023 12:42

Adam wrote on Mon, 17 April 2023 09:20

Let's GO!!!!

I'm always surprised when I hear people work out east. Waiting for a cheque to arrive from Alberta isn't work. But this week isn't for noticing what easterns do (and don't do). This week is set aside for California and their soft, dirty, crime filled cities, fans, and hockey teams.

There is definitely a lot of that out here. Fishermen work long hours during the summer, earn a boatload (heh) of money, then go on EI for the winter.
I'm usually in the office at 7:30 though, which is fun when games don't finish until 3...

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #1) [message #820991 is a reply to message #820987 ]
Mon, 17 April 2023 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Say your prayers, little one. Don’t forget my son, to include everyone. I tuck you in, warm within, keep you free sin. Til the Sandman comes… sleep with one eye open, gripping your pillow tight. Exit light. Enter night. Take my hand… we’re off to never never land!!

LFG!!!!!!!!!!!! MUSTY AF BOYS AND GIRLS

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #1) [message #820992 is a reply to message #820987 ]
Mon, 17 April 2023 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

Nervous excitement. Worried the Kings will be up to dirty tricks, so hoping the series is done in 5 (but we know it will go 7)

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #1) [message #820996 is a reply to message #820992 ]
Mon, 17 April 2023 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tardigrade81  is currently offline tardigrade81

1 Cup

Very nervous.

Can’t wait!! Let’s kick some ass

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #1) [message #821002 is a reply to message #820996 ]
Mon, 17 April 2023 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oiltec  is currently offline oiltec

No Cups

The odds are with the Oilers in this series, but I have a feeling it may cost us a couple of injuries.

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #1) [message #821003 is a reply to message #820987 ]
Mon, 17 April 2023 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

Both Vilardi and Fiala confirmed out for game 1.

Listening to NHL radio the last few days, every "expert" is predicting a 1st round exit or a cup. No in between.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #1) [message #821007 is a reply to message #821003 ]
Mon, 17 April 2023 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Mon, 17 April 2023 12:47

Both Vilardi and Fiala confirmed out for game 1.

Listening to NHL radio the last few days, every "expert" is predicting a 1st round exit or a cup. No in between.

When asked if they made the trip' TMac "Maybe?"

Love playoff hockey!

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #1) [message #821004 is a reply to message #820987 ]
Mon, 17 April 2023 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Officiating crew for tonight’s festivities;

14 - Trevor Hanson
27 - Eric Furlatt
59 - Steve Barton (linesman)
61 - James Tobias (linesman)

I’ve thought Trevor Hanson is one of the more fair refs. Furlatt’s numbers suggest he calls more for the away team, but home teams have a higher win%.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #1) [message #821006 is a reply to message #821004 ]
Mon, 17 April 2023 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 17 April 2023 13:34

14 - Trevor Hanson
27 - Eric Furlatt

I’ve thought Trevor Hanson is one of the more fair refs. Furlatt’s numbers suggest he calls more for the away team, but home teams have a higher win%.

Hopefully someone sends them these quotes:

Quote:

Daniel Nugent-Bowman
@DNBsports
Drew Doughty said the Kings weren’t happy with Connor McDavid’s hit on Mikey Anderson in the last matchup in Edmonton. He said they haven’t forgotten and don’t want to take needless penalties, but …

“If we get a chance to smack him, we’re going to do it.”

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #1) [message #821008 is a reply to message #821006 ]
Mon, 17 April 2023 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 17 April 2023 14:11

14 - Trevor Hanson
27 - Eric Furlatt

Quote:

Daniel Nugent-Bowman
@DNBsports
Drew Doughty said the Kings weren’t happy with Connor McDavid’s hit on Mikey Anderson in the last matchup in Edmonton. He said they haven’t forgotten and don’t want to take needless penalties, but …

Gotta love Doughty even if he is greasiest rat of the LA Kings. Always good for a soundbite, and follows through with complete impunity.

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #1) [message #821011 is a reply to message #821008 ]
Mon, 17 April 2023 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

I would LOVE for the Oilers coaching staff to highlight this quote in the media for the referees...say basically - "you heard it directly from the horse's mouth, they're looking to play dirty. I hope that if they are doing anything to illegally target the best player in the league, that the officials are making those calls."

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #1) [message #821014 is a reply to message #821011 ]
Mon, 17 April 2023 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 17 April 2023 14:31

I would LOVE for the Oilers coaching staff to highlight this quote in the media for the referees...say basically - "you heard it directly from the horse's mouth, they're looking to play dirty. I hope that if they are doing anything to illegally target the best player in the league, that the officials are making those calls."

Would be unreal. Also, something something rent free.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #1) [message #821016 is a reply to message #821014 ]
Mon, 17 April 2023 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 17 April 2023 14:34

I mean McDavid would live rent free in my head too, but he's got better places to be.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #1) [message #821017 is a reply to message #821016 ]
Mon, 17 April 2023 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Mon, 17 April 2023 14:48

I mean McDavid would live rent free in my head too, but he's got better places to be.

He’s living rent free in my pants. Speaking of which I need to receive a proper launching tonight. Doc’s prescribed it.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #1) [message #821020 is a reply to message #821017 ]
Mon, 17 April 2023 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 17 April 2023 14:26

...Speaking of which I need to receive a proper launching tonight. Doc’s prescribed it.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/DnMMGxEvniha7CvASq/giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e4735exmertrzximf5n44mq9k0xkrgecb8anssm59ou&rid=giphy.webp&ct=g

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #1) [message #821025 is a reply to message #821017 ]
Mon, 17 April 2023 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 17 April 2023 15:26

He’s living rent free in my pants. Speaking of which I need to receive a proper launching tonight. Doc’s prescribed it.

If McDavid ever asks for a trade, he's probably going to point to posts like this as one of the reasons he needed to get the hell out of town!

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #1) [message #821027 is a reply to message #821025 ]
Mon, 17 April 2023 17:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 17 April 2023 15:55

If McDavid ever asks for a trade, he's probably going to point to posts like this as one of the reasons he needed to get the hell out of town!

.. no worries.. that's why they invented restraining orders.. icon_nod

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #1) [message #821038 is a reply to message #821027 ]
Mon, 17 April 2023 18:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Mon, 17 April 2023 17:14

Adam wrote on Mon, 17 April 2023 15:55

.. no worries.. that's why they invented restraining orders.. icon_nod

Might be able to restrain the monster behind the zipper, but you cannot contain him for long!

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #1) [message #821028 is a reply to message #821025 ]
Mon, 17 April 2023 17:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 17 April 2023 16:55

Yeah. I had to read that about 3x.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #1) [message #821033 is a reply to message #821025 ]
Mon, 17 April 2023 17:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 17 April 2023 16:55

If he ever asks to leave I'm going to point to posts like that as the best reason to stay.

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #1) [message #821036 is a reply to message #821033 ]
Mon, 17 April 2023 18:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

OK, is this game 8 or 8:30 start time? TSN & the PGT here both say 8, but my Sportsnet TV guide is showing 8:30 (11:30 for me)

Is TSN not accounting for 30 mins of pre-game rambling, anthems etc and puck drop is actually when the Snet coverage starts? If so, tomorrow is gonna suck even more!

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #1) [message #821040 is a reply to message #821036 ]
Mon, 17 April 2023 18:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Mon, 17 April 2023 18:20

OK, is this game 8 or 8:30 start time? TSN & the PGT here both say 8, but my Sportsnet TV guide is showing 8:30 (11:30 for me)

Is TSN not accounting for 30 mins of pre-game rambling, anthems etc and puck drop is actually when the Snet coverage starts? If so, tomorrow is gonna suck even more!

Officially it’s 8pm… but pick drop will be closer to 820pm

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #1) [message #821041 is a reply to message #821036 ]
Mon, 17 April 2023 18:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MJ  is currently offline MJ

No Cups

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Mon, 17 April 2023 17:20

Coverage on everything except SportsNet West begins at 8:20 on my Telus guide here. The first game should have really started at 5, not 5:30!

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #1) [message #821009 is a reply to message #821006 ]
Mon, 17 April 2023 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 17 April 2023 13:11

14 - Trevor Hanson
27 - Eric Furlatt

Quote:

Daniel Nugent-Bowman
@DNBsports

First freight train hits should be on Doughty and Mikey.. get them looking over their shoulders

.. oh and Iafallo.. and Danault.. list of D-bags goes on

Oil need to be patient.. don't give up chances on transition ..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #1) [message #821012 is a reply to message #821009 ]
Mon, 17 April 2023 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Go ahead Kings, worry about getting revenge on McD and take penalties.

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #1) [message #821026 is a reply to message #821012 ]
Mon, 17 April 2023 17:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 17 April 2023 14:32

Go ahead Kings, worry about getting revenge on McD and take penalties.

I’m happy they telegraphed their intentions regardless of the officials.

Evander is willing to take a game or 2 to put one of their heads through the glass for threats like that. They know that too. Guaranteed.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #1) [message #821013 is a reply to message #821009 ]
Mon, 17 April 2023 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Mon, 17 April 2023 14:25

Adam wrote on Mon, 17 April 2023 13:11

14 - Trevor Hanson
27 - Eric Furlatt

Quote:

Daniel Nugent-Bowman
@DNBsports

First freight train hits should be on Doughty and Mikey.. get them looking over their shoulders

.. oh and Iafallo.. and Danault.. list of D-bags goes on

Oil need to be patient.. don't give up chances on transition ..

Don’t forget Durzi… and Edler, if he isn’t eating popcorn.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #1) [message #821018 is a reply to message #821013 ]
Mon, 17 April 2023 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clutchlikeeberle  is currently offline clutchlikeeberle

No Cups

Got a bad feeling about this game - I think Oilers will wake up for Wednesday's tilt, but fear they are dazed, confused and running around all night for a loss. Hope I am wrong!

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #1) [message #821019 is a reply to message #821013 ]
Mon, 17 April 2023 16:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 17 April 2023 13:33

Don’t forget Durzi… and Edler, if he isn’t eating popcorn.

Oh yeah forgot Durzi.. he's another little runt d-bag.. and Edler .. 💩-bag has been taking out knees since he entered the league.. entire team of 💩-bags

Oilers just need to keep the puck in front of them and don't get burned in transition.. and they'll be Golden !

McDavid will be stepping it up to another Galaxy tonight.. OH YEAH! 👽 weights 👍🏻

[Updated on: Mon, 17 April 2023 16:05]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #1) [message #821029 is a reply to message #821019 ]
Mon, 17 April 2023 17:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tardigrade81  is currently offline tardigrade81

1 Cup

Completely pumped. Have a beer and hand and going to order a pizza. Let’s go.

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #1) [message #821039 is a reply to message #821029 ]
Mon, 17 April 2023 18:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

tardigrade81 wrote on Mon, 17 April 2023 17:19

Completely pumped. Have a beer and hand and going to order a pizza. Let’s go.

LFG TARDI!

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #1) [message #821043 is a reply to message #820987 ]
Mon, 17 April 2023 19:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

No way they are ready by 8 ..... or 8:20 the way they are going.

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #1) [message #821044 is a reply to message #820987 ]
Mon, 17 April 2023 19:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

Buccigross and Kevin Weekes on the ESPN feed tonight. Not bad.

And they just said an 8:20 puck drop

[Updated on: Mon, 17 April 2023 19:56]

Re: Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #1) [message #821045 is a reply to message #820987 ]
Mon, 17 April 2023 20:03 Go to previous message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Here we go guys & gals.

Do us proud boys! LFG!!!

Previous Topic:Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2)
Next Topic:Ekholm trade
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca