This day on March 29
None

Happy Birthday To: SMURDS, JRock71, Cpt Waffle, TexasOiler, Morgan99

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #75)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #75) [message #820277]
Tue, 28 March 2023 22:30 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win: 0%
Vegas to win: 0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #75) [message #820278 is a reply to message #820277 ]
Tue, 28 March 2023 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

This one felt good to watch after the game on Saturday. That 2nd period easily qualifies as one of the best that the Oil have played all year. If they could play like that in all 3 periods consistently, they’d be fighting for first overall and home ice throughout the playoffs.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #75) [message #820279 is a reply to message #820277 ]
Tue, 28 March 2023 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tardigrade81  is currently offline tardigrade81

1 Cup

Hell of a win

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #75) [message #820280 is a reply to message #820277 ]
Tue, 28 March 2023 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Nice win. Wish we could get these guys in round 1, Quick looks bad.

Fire Schwartz, seriously.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #75) [message #820281 is a reply to message #820277 ]
Tue, 28 March 2023 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

No complaints about that one. Back to back on the road. Well deserved. Nuge is sufficiently large.

Clean house or bust

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #75) [message #820282 is a reply to message #820277 ]
Tue, 28 March 2023 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Way to Must them

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #75) [message #820283 is a reply to message #820282 ]
Wed, 29 March 2023 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Third time this season that Skinner has won while allowing four or more. Campbell has five of those. It's pretty impressive that we've won eight games in which we've allowed 4 goals against. Not sure the coaches will love that though. We've only had our goalies over .900 nine times in the last 27 games going back to the All-Star break. Man - I hope Stuart has another level to get to here.

In the meantime, that game was a lot of fun. We should blow teams out like that all the time. It'll be exciting to see just how high these guys can push their numbers in the next two weeks. A couple more 7 goal games could go a long, long way!

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #75) [message #820284 is a reply to message #820283 ]
Wed, 29 March 2023 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike is currently online Mike

1 Cup

Man that was fun. And agreed - that 2nd period was definitely one of our best of the year.

And our PP. Wow. Our 32.7% is almost a full point over the all time best 77-78 Habs (31.9%). For this year we are a full 7% higher than 2nd place Toronto and Colorado (25.7%) icon_eek

100 for Nuge seems quite doable now, as well as 150 for McDavid, thought 70 goals looking more unlikely. A hat trick Thursday could bring it back into play though :)

And Leon is only 5PP goals away from Tim Kerr's single season record of 34. One of the most surprising things to me in terms of stats is looking at the all time best PP goal scoring seasons and not seeing any mention of Gretzky in there. After a bit of scrolling I finally found him - the 20 he scored in 83-84 is only good for the 102nd best total all time. That is shocking to me.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #75) [message #820285 is a reply to message #820284 ]
Wed, 29 March 2023 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

No Cups

First period was the same old loosey goosey that we've seen the past 5-6 games, but that second period was exactly what I was hoping to see from this team. If we can bring that every game and eliminate the turnovers and brain farts on D, there are very few teams in the league that can hang with us.
Fell asleep & missed the 3rd (stupid 11pm starts)

Happy for Nuge to have a big game - 100 pts looks well within reach now. Same with 50 for Drai.

I hadn't realized that we still have 2 games left vs each of ANA & SJS, which will help with the race for 1st in our division/conference.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #75) [message #820286 is a reply to message #820285 ]
Wed, 29 March 2023 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike is currently online Mike

1 Cup

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Wed, 29 March 2023 09:03

I hadn't realized that we still have 2 games left vs each of ANA & SJS, which will help with the race for 1st in our division/conference.

I think we have the best remaining schedule of the top 3 in the Pacific. I think we still have pretty decent shot at the division title, maybe even the conference.

EDM: LAK, ANA, LAK, ANA, SJS, COL, SJS. We could easily win out.

LAK: EDM, SEA, VAN, EDM, VGK, COL, VAN, ANA

And Vegas I think actually has a pretty tough finish: SJS, MIN, MIN, NSH, LAK, DAL, SEA, SEA

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #75) [message #820290 is a reply to message #820286 ]
Wed, 29 March 2023 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Mike wrote on Wed, 29 March 2023 06:03

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Wed, 29 March 2023 09:03

I think we have the best remaining schedule of the top 3 in the Pacific. I think we still have pretty decent shot at the division title, maybe even the conference.

EDM: LAK, ANA, LAK, ANA, SJS, COL, SJS. We could easily win out.

LAK: EDM, SEA, VAN, EDM, VGK, COL, VAN, ANA

And Vegas I think actually has a pretty tough finish: SJS, MIN, MIN, NSH, LAK, DAL, SEA, SEA

I think Van could beat LA

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #75) [message #820289 is a reply to message #820282 ]
Wed, 29 March 2023 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Tue, 28 March 2023 22:16

Way to Must them

Musted 'em up real good!

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #75) [message #820287 is a reply to message #820277 ]
Wed, 29 March 2023 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

After that game, I want this team to win a Cup for Nuge more than anything. The reminder that he's in his 12th year in the NHL still blows my mind

If they could just not have as many fire drills on their side of the red line...man.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #75) [message #820293 is a reply to message #820287 ]
Wed, 29 March 2023 20:45 Go to previous message
tardigrade81  is currently offline tardigrade81

1 Cup

Suomalainen wrote on Wed, 29 March 2023 17:58

After that game, I want this team to win a Cup for Nuge more than anything. The reminder that he's in his 12th year in the NHL still blows my mind

If they could just not have as many fire drills on their side of the red line...man.

Me too!!!

We have such a good team.

Won’t lie. Nobody in our division scares me that much.

But… Colorado and Minnesota. Those teams scare me

Previous Topic:GDT: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #76)
Next Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #75)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca