This day on April 16
Acquired: Ty Conklin (2001)

Happy Birthday To: Ryno, Rifle, tollen, oiler-dude, oiler4life, Big T, MikeHawk, ryanbatty, jtb36, retirealreadymikekeane

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » McDavid Stats Targets
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 McDavid Stats Targets [message #819973]
Thu, 23 March 2023 11:38 Go to next message
AndersonRules  is currently offline AndersonRules

No Cups

At the risk of being presumptuous or optimistic ... what should McDavid (and the Oilers) be aiming at for Connor's stats totals at the end of the year? It has already been a truly dominant and exceptional season, truly unmatched (in my estimation) in the salary cap era.

Here are my "goals".

66G - 93A - 159Pts This would be 6G-15A-21Pts over the final 10 games of the season. His 66G would be the most by any active player (surpassing Ovechkin's 65 in 07-08) and the most in the salary cap era. 93A would be the most by any active player, and the 2nd-most in the salary cap era (behind Thornton's 96A in 05-06). 159 points would be the most by any player not named Mario Lemieux or Wayne Gretzky.

I'd be "OK" if McDavid only made it to 88 Assists, to mark the highest Assist total of any active player ... but would really like him to get to at least 66G and 88A [both the highest mark of any active player], and 156Pts (to pass Yzerman's 155 and be 3rd only to Lemieux-Gretzky in NHL history).

Send a private message to this user  

Re: McDavid Stats Targets [message #819982 is a reply to message #819973 ]
Thu, 23 March 2023 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

AndersonRules wrote on Thu, 23 March 2023 10:38

At the risk of being presumptuous or optimistic ... what should McDavid (and the Oilers) be aiming at for Connor's stats totals at the end of the year? It has already been a truly dominant and exceptional season, truly unmatched (in my estimation) in the salary cap era.

Here are my "goals".

66G - 93A - 159Pts This would be 6G-15A-21Pts over the final 10 games of the season. His 66G would be the most by any active player (surpassing Ovechkin's 65 in 07-08) and the most in the salary cap era. 93A would be the most by any active player, and the 2nd-most in the salary cap era (behind Thornton's 96A in 05-06). 159 points would be the most by any player not named Mario Lemieux or Wayne Gretzky.

I'd be "OK" if McDavid only made it to 88 Assists, to mark the highest Assist total of any active player ... but would really like him to get to at least 66G and 88A [both the highest mark of any active player], and 156Pts (to pass Yzerman's 155 and be 3rd only to Lemieux-Gretzky in NHL history).

I like round numbers..
10G + 12A = 160 pts and 70G !!

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: McDavid Stats Targets [message #819989 is a reply to message #819982 ]
Thu, 23 March 2023 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stemhovlichski  is currently offline stemhovlichski

No Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Thu, 23 March 2023 13:00

AndersonRules wrote on Thu, 23 March 2023 10:38

Here are my "goals".

I like round numbers..
10G + 12A = 160 pts and 70G !!

I only worry about the Stanley stat. Everything else is moot. How many points did Gretz get the years he didn't win the Cup with the Oil? Betcha he trade 300+ individual pts for another engraving on the tin pot.

Restored: "We're sucking hind banana here." - Pat Quinn, Jan 18, 2010

"...the Oilers have been rebuilding for so long that it’s hard not to be cynical." - NBC's Ryan Dadoun Jan 2, 2015

Re: McDavid Stats Targets [message #819991 is a reply to message #819989 ]
Thu, 23 March 2023 21:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

stemhovlichski wrote on Thu, 23 March 2023 19:55

I only worry about the Stanley stat. Everything else is moot. How many points did Gretz get the years he didn't win the Cup with the Oil? Betcha he trade 300+ individual pts for another engraving on the tin pot.

The two are not mutually exclusive. Of course I would love to see another Cup or 3 in my lifetime, but that has no bearing on me wanting to see Connor cement his legacy by putting up numbers better than anyone other than Lemieux and Gretzky.

Hope he gets a hat trick Saturday and shoots for 70 this year and 160 points

Re: McDavid Stats Targets [message #820007 is a reply to message #819973 ]
Fri, 24 March 2023 17:38 Go to previous message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

.. 60 and counting.. icon_nod

https://cms.nhl.bamgrid.com/images/photos/342612984/1024x576/cut.jpg

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Previous Topic:Pregame: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #73)
Next Topic:Review: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #72)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca