This day on March 29
None

Happy Birthday To: SMURDS, JRock71, Cpt Waffle, TexasOiler, Morgan99

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #69)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #69) [message #819629]
Thu, 16 March 2023 21:30 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win:   0%
Dallas to win:   0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #69) [message #819630 is a reply to message #819629 ]
Thu, 16 March 2023 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Woot!

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #69) [message #819631 is a reply to message #819629 ]
Thu, 16 March 2023 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

Beating Dallas is always nice

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #69) [message #819632 is a reply to message #819629 ]
Thu, 16 March 2023 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kungpaobenji27  is currently offline kungpaobenji27

No Cups

Too bad we didn't get the shutout...missed assignment by Yamo on Johnston.

Could've added two more goals on Foegele not getting a pass to Bjugstad on an open net along with Kane missing a rebound on another one....great win nonetheless.

Huge game Sat afternoon...

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #69) [message #819634 is a reply to message #819632 ]
Thu, 16 March 2023 22:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

kungpaobenji27 wrote on Thu, 16 March 2023 22:05

Too bad we didn't get the shutout...missed assignment by Yamo on Johnston.

Could've added two more goals on Foegele not getting a pass to Bjugstad on an open net along with Kane missing a rebound on another one....great win nonetheless.

Huge game Sat afternoon...

Not just Yamamoto there. Both Ceci and Nurse looked weak there. No one took him. Everyone just stood still.

Ah well. Still a win, and that's what matters. And Vegas and Nashville lose too, so we're even more a shoo-in for the post-season now.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #69) [message #819633 is a reply to message #819629 ]
Thu, 16 March 2023 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

Flames doing us a huge favour.

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #69) [message #819635 is a reply to message #819629 ]
Thu, 16 March 2023 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Awesome game tonight!

Watched it at the Black Frog downtown.. bar full of Oiler fans.. good energy.. met a couple of guys from E-town.. solid characters.. high fives all round after tonight... especially after McD's goal.. great night.. Beauty!

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #69) [message #819636 is a reply to message #819635 ]
Thu, 16 March 2023 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tardigrade81  is currently offline tardigrade81

1 Cup

Games again Dallas always feel ugly. This was a nice win!!

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #69) [message #819637 is a reply to message #819635 ]
Fri, 17 March 2023 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Skookum Jim wrote on Fri, 17 March 2023 05:25

Awesome game tonight!

Watched it at the Black Frog downtown.. bar full of Oiler fans.. good energy.. met a couple of guys from E-town.. solid characters.. high fives all round after tonight... especially after McD's goal.. great night.. Beauty!

Was a beauty game. I dozed off In the third. New baby has had me up late nights lol

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #69) [message #819643 is a reply to message #819635 ]
Fri, 17 March 2023 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JPro  is currently offline JPro

No Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Thu, 16 March 2023 23:25

Awesome game tonight!

This is definitely one of the top things I miss about living in Vancouver. Loved the Black Frog and the atmosphere. I'm jealous of your good time, icon_biggrin

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #69) [message #819645 is a reply to message #819643 ]
Fri, 17 March 2023 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

JPro wrote on Fri, 17 March 2023 09:22

Awesome game tonight!

This is definitely one of the top things I miss about living in Vancouver. Loved the Black Frog and the atmosphere. I'm jealous of your good time, icon_biggrin

Watched a game there a few months ago for the first time. Pretty fun to have a little Oilers enclave in Vancouver. There was basically only Oilers fans in the bar, lots of jerseys, and the sound on.

I've wished that places like Calgary, Winnipeg and Toronto also had an Oilers bar on many occasions!

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #69) [message #819652 is a reply to message #819643 ]
Fri, 17 March 2023 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

JPro wrote on Fri, 17 March 2023 08:22

Awesome game tonight!

I haven't seen a lot of games there (too lazy to hop on the skytrain) but I asked the waitress how crowded it gets on Saturdays for HNIC.. she said you need to get down an hour early.. even for the early matinee games! The cool thing is the small set of bleachers (3 or 4 level?) they'll roll out in front of the big screen during busy games.. I'll probably go back.. great vibe.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #69) [message #819653 is a reply to message #819643 ]
Fri, 17 March 2023 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

JPro wrote on Fri, 17 March 2023 08:22

Awesome game tonight!

Great place. Saw the BoA with the goalie fights there, place was absolutely wild. One of my favorite Oiler memories.

Clean house or bust

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #69) [message #819656 is a reply to message #819653 ]
Fri, 17 March 2023 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

No Cups

I just wish that we could play more than one game in a row like this. To me this felt similar to the game vs BOS, then a game later we pooped the bed vs the Leafs.

Let's see how we play on Saturday I guess...

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #69) [message #819657 is a reply to message #819656 ]
Fri, 17 March 2023 14:22 Go to previous message

3 Cups

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Fri, 17 March 2023 12:00

I just wish that we could play more than one game in a row like this. To me this felt similar to the game vs BOS, then a game later we pooped the bed vs the Leafs.

Let's see how we play on Saturday I guess...

It'll be interesting to see the lines if The Hymanator is Back.. on merit I think it should be (assuming 11-7)

Forwards

Kane McDavid Hyman
Noogie LD Foogle
Janmark Bjugstad Kostin

Ryan Shore

3 centers, 4 sets of wingers

(Yamo sits)

Defence

Bush Ekholm (new #1 D-man)
Ceci Nurse
Desharnais Broberg Kulak

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #69) [message #819638 is a reply to message #819629 ]
Fri, 17 March 2023 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Sweet win! Been enough turnover that the Dallas curse is gone?

Powerplay keeps humming along.

First 61 games with Barrie, G/60 on PP 15.45 (11.16 the 2 years before)

Last 8 games, PP with Bouch, G/60 15.82

Just a crazy PP this year. McDrai and Nuge are all on point. Bouch looking much more confident there and only took a handful of games.

[Updated on: Fri, 17 March 2023 00:34]

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #69) [message #819640 is a reply to message #819638 ]
Fri, 17 March 2023 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Very good game. They played very well defensively. Skinner made a few big saves when needed. If they had a little more puck luck, they would have had more goals. Nice to see depth guys chipping in.

Once Hyman is back I would be dropping Yamo down. Foegele is going and seems to work really well on that line with Leon and Nuge.

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #69) [message #819641 is a reply to message #819640 ]
Fri, 17 March 2023 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

I feel confident with skinner in the playoffs !

Campbell should never see the net again

Re: Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #69) [message #819642 is a reply to message #819641 ]
Fri, 17 March 2023 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

They need to get Campbell in the net. You can't have your back up going into the playoffs not playing in over a month and not confident. They have games against the Sharks and Yotes coming up, I would target those games.

Previous Topic:Connor McDavid’s Sporting Dominance
Next Topic:GDT: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #69)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca