This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » GDT: Columbus @ Edmonton (Game #49)Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: GDT: Columbus @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #817279 is a reply to message #817273 ]
Wed, 25 January 2023 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 25 January 2023 22:19

Maybe guys were tired, but that was some lazy arse defending lol.

Nice screen by Nurse too, think that went through his legs somehow.

29 looked bagged in the first 30 seconds of OT

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Send a private message to this user  

Re: GDT: Columbus @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #817282 is a reply to message #817279 ]
Wed, 25 January 2023 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

g2k wrote on Wed, 25 January 2023 22:20

24:22 for Draisaitl and 23:59 for McDavid. It's too much and it's asking for them to wear down.

If it was a night where it looked like they were really going, maybe I could understand it - ride the hot hand - but Draisaitl looked over-used all night. The end of the second he gave the puck away three times in a row on a single shift, failing to clear the defensive zone. He looked tired, so why are we playing him so much? Got to have some level of trust in the rest of your line-up to at least not lose it while you give the big guys time to catch their breath.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: GDT: Columbus @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #817283 is a reply to message #817282 ]
Wed, 25 January 2023 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 25 January 2023 22:24

24:22 for Draisaitl and 23:59 for McDavid. It's too much and it's asking for them to wear down.

If it was a night where it looked like they were really going, maybe I could understand it - ride the hot hand - but Draisaitl looked over-used all night. The end of the second he gave the puck away three times in a row on a single shift, failing to clear the defensive zone. He looked tired, so why are we playing him so much? Got to have some level of trust in the rest of your line-up to at least not lose it while you give the big guys time to catch their breath.

It stunts their growth and gel watching the stars try to fix the world while they sit out shifts. Just like the PP doesn’t seem to know how to gain the zone because 97 just blazes the puck in for them most times.

[Updated on: Wed, 25 January 2023 22:29]

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: GDT: Columbus @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #817285 is a reply to message #817282 ]
Wed, 25 January 2023 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

I wasnt aware the TOI from Leon was up there. You can get away with that with Connor, but the performance curve drops way off with 29. Pretty much always does.

Re: GDT: Columbus @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #817286 is a reply to message #817285 ]
Wed, 25 January 2023 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Wed, 25 January 2023 22:30

I wasnt aware the TOI from Leon was up there. You can get away with that with Connor, but the performance curve drops way off with 29. Pretty much always does.

I'm serious, in the last 10 minutes, the third and fourth lines almost didn't get a shift - although the second line was really Draisaitl with two fourth liners. I don't get it. Puljujarvi and Holloway looked decent in the little time they played I thought. I didn't see a lot of mistakes from McLeod. Why are you tying those guys to the bench?

As g2k says, it's counter-productive on so many levels. Everyone on the team just starts to figure that it's up to those two guys (with a little help from 18 and 93) to win games and they can just settle in. And it wears out those guys. It's hard minutes for a forward, especially a top forward, because you can't avoid contact and battles and the other team is targeting you. It's going to be wearing on even McDavid.

And it hurts the team psyche if everyone just thinks it's McDavid's job to get things done. They become more like spectators than participants.

Poorly coached and poorly executed game.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: GDT: Columbus @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #817287 is a reply to message #817286 ]
Wed, 25 January 2023 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 25 January 2023 22:35

I'm serious, in the last 10 minutes, the third and fourth lines almost didn't get a shift - although the second line was really Draisaitl with two fourth liners. I don't get it. Puljujarvi and Holloway looked decent in the little time they played I thought. I didn't see a lot of mistakes from McLeod. Why are you tying those guys to the bench?

As g2k says, it's counter-productive on so many levels. Everyone on the team just starts to figure that it's up to those two guys (with a little help from 18 and 93) to win games and they can just settle in. And it wears out those guys. It's hard minutes for a forward, especially a top forward, because you can't avoid contact and battles and the other team is targeting you. It's going to be wearing on even McDavid.

And it hurts the team psyche if everyone just thinks it's McDavid's job to get things done. They become more like spectators than participants.

Coach was scared of Columbus for whatever reason. Players followed suit, with a dose of lazy. This conflicted thought process of scared that something will go wrong, but also being convinced that it shouldn't take much effort to win against this crappy team.

Hope they can quickly rebound. Feel like games like this in past years would snowball.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: GDT: Columbus @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #817292 is a reply to message #817287 ]
Wed, 25 January 2023 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 25 January 2023 22:37

Adam wrote on Wed, 25 January 2023 22:35

Coach was scared of Columbus for whatever reason. Players followed suit, with a dose of lazy. This conflicted thought process of scared that something will go wrong, but also being convinced that it shouldn't take much effort to win against this crappy team.

Hope they can quickly rebound. Feel like games like this in past years would snowball.

Ridiculous minutes for Nurse (25:48) and Ceci (22:56) too. It's the worst goddamn team in the league and we have seven defencemen dressed. Why are you riding that pairing? It's not like they've been airtight this season. I don't even think Bouchard and Broberg were on for any goals against and yet they're playing 14 and 15 minutes respectively, with Kulak getting a shift ahead of them in overtime. Kulak is about #5 or #6 for me in terms of OT defenceman options, so why he's out second is a mystery. Woodcroft trying to send a message for some reason (although Kulak was out on the tying goal, unlike any of the young guys).

Re: GDT: Columbus @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #817295 is a reply to message #817292 ]
Thu, 26 January 2023 01:06 Go to previous message
Babaganoosh2.0  is currently offline Babaganoosh2.0

No Cups

Sometimes is good for a streak to come to a end. Sometimes you keep winning on bad performances like tonight. Pick up all kinds of bad habits and when it ends, it comes crashing down hard. This is a good perspective game. They aren't king poop yet. Keep working at it and get em next week. .

Re: GDT: Columbus @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #817284 is a reply to message #817279 ]
Wed, 25 January 2023 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

I dont know, he's deferring on draws, something is going on. We're not seeing the best version of LD for most of the year.

Re: GDT: Columbus @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #817275 is a reply to message #817236 ]
Wed, 25 January 2023 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

Way too cute in the OT.

Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]  
Previous Topic:Review: Columbus @ Edmonton (Game #49)
Next Topic:Pregame: Columbus @ Edmonton (Game #49)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca