F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Zach Hyman first star of the week
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Zach Hyman first star of the week [message #817156]
Mon, 23 January 2023 12:20 Go to next message
oilfan94  is currently offline oilfan94

No Cups

When it is Leon or Connor, I suppose it isn't as notable since it happens not infrequently, but great to see Hyman be recognized by the NHL. I looked it up, and the last time an Oilers player other than McDavid, Draisaitl, and Mike Smith was a star of the week was back in 2017 with Oscar Klefbom (Pat Maroon and Cam Talbot were stars of the week during that season as well). The last time an Oilers player other than McDavid, Draisaitl, or a goalie was 1st star was way back in April 2014 with Taylor Hall (Cam Talbot got a 1st star since then and Ben Scrivens got a 1st star earlier in that same season as Hall).

Here's hoping that Nuge can get some love too at some point with the great season he has put together.

https://records.nhl.com/awards/three-stars

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Zach Hyman first star of the week [message #817157 is a reply to message #817156 ]
Mon, 23 January 2023 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

oilfan94 wrote on Mon, 23 January 2023 12:20

When it is Leon or Connor, I suppose it isn't as notable since it happens not infrequently, but great to see Hyman be recognized by the NHL. I looked it up, and the last time an Oilers player other than McDavid, Draisaitl, and Mike Smith was a star of the week was back in 2017 with Oscar Klefbom (Pat Maroon and Cam Talbot were stars of the week during that season as well). The last time an Oilers player other than McDavid, Draisaitl, or a goalie was 1st star was way back in April 2014 with Taylor Hall (Cam Talbot got a 1st star since then and Ben Scrivens got a 1st star earlier in that same season as Hall).

Here's hoping that Nuge can get some love too at some point with the great season he has put together.

https://records.nhl.com/awards/three-stars

I can't believe Nuge has never had a week worthy of being a league wide star. I'm semi outraged. He was a two-time rookie of the month.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Zach Hyman first star of the week [message #817159 is a reply to message #817157 ]
Mon, 23 January 2023 15:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon_Matt  is currently offline Dragon_Matt

No Cups

Can you believe we didn't go further in 2014 with TWO star of the week goalies?

Re: Zach Hyman first star of the week [message #817171 is a reply to message #817159 ]
Tue, 24 January 2023 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Hyman continues to be worth every penny he makes. Well deserved.

Re: Zach Hyman first star of the week [message #817189 is a reply to message #817171 ]
Tue, 24 January 2023 18:37 Go to previous message
tardigrade81  is currently offline tardigrade81

1 Cup

Well deserved!

Previous Topic:Review: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #48)
Next Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #48)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca