This day on April 23
None

Happy Birthday To: Ramone, Giant Moo, mogal, booyaka!, Blue Thunder, BDR1

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #47)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #47) [message #817017]
Thu, 19 January 2023 21:30 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win:   0%
Tampa Bay to win:   0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #47) [message #817028 is a reply to message #817017 ]
Thu, 19 January 2023 21:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tardigrade81  is currently offline tardigrade81

1 Cup

Hell of a win folks

Have a great night

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #47) [message #817029 is a reply to message #817017 ]
Thu, 19 January 2023 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

Play La Bamba.

Tampa Bay can frick right off. Hope they bring this game to Calgary on Saturday. Bunch of jerks.

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #47) [message #817030 is a reply to message #817017 ]
Thu, 19 January 2023 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

Campbell was good. Tampa scored twice in the 2nd period, but he made some huge stops in the first part of that period.

Wait till Kane gets going. This is good.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #47) [message #817035 is a reply to message #817030 ]
Thu, 19 January 2023 21:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

g2k wrote on Thu, 19 January 2023 21:51

Campbell was good. Tampa scored twice in the 2nd period, but he made some huge stops in the first part of that period.

Wait till Kane gets going. This is good.

I’m quietly optimistic about Campbell. He has looked like a NHL goalie as of late. These last 5 games have been contract ‘almost’ worthy, but he needs to sustain this before I regain any trust. I’m still surprised when he makes some routine saves.

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #47) [message #817031 is a reply to message #817017 ]
Thu, 19 January 2023 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm is currently online Oscargasm

5 Cups

That was one of the most entertaining games I’ve watched this year. Massively Musty Win.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #47) [message #817033 is a reply to message #817031 ]
NCREDiBLE  is currently offline NCREDiBLE

No Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 19 January 2023 21:53

That was one of the most entertaining games I’ve watched this year. Massively Musty Win.

Exactly what I was saying! Had me glued to the tv the whole game. Had a bit of everything!! Play LA BAMBA BAYYBEE

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #47) [message #817032 is a reply to message #817017 ]
Thu, 19 January 2023 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

Suck it Tampa.

Now, go beat Calgary

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #47) [message #817034 is a reply to message #817017 ]
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

I was very entertained by that game.

I do think Tampa is a dirty team with a bunch of jerks on it. So I wish them the best of luck against Toronto this spring.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #47) [message #817036 is a reply to message #817017 ]
Thu, 19 January 2023 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

OOT scoreboard is shaping up quite nicely. Go Wings! Go Devils!

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #47) [message #817037 is a reply to message #817036 ]
Thu, 19 January 2023 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

All in all solid win. And yes. Campbell was solid again

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #47) [message #817038 is a reply to message #817017 ]
Thu, 19 January 2023 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

The Oilers managed a big win vs TB and the 2 refs they signed for the game. Check is in the mail to the command center feom TB as well. What a feckless display of officiating, again.

Campbell did enough, good outing.

Finally broke up that 1st line in the 3rd, there were some issues on their side of center/inside the blueline in the 2nd period, but Connor asserted again with the GWG in the 3rd. I thought the blue line was given up pretty easy earlier in the game, but maybe TB makes you do that as opposed to recent opponents where they challenged more.

Kostin didnt make the scoreboard but gained more respect of teammates and fans. I think Kostin can obviously be a very important player down the stretch and into the playoffs. Gotta say I like the addition of him and Janmark. Murray was a weak miss.

Too bad this wasn't the old days, the Oilers could send 5 players to the Allstar game. LD shouldn't go, he needs rest. I dont think Hyman or Nuge really want to go either, although it would be cool to see Hyman make it. This guy has already hit his career high mark if I'm not mistaken.

Mcleod with another goal, Holloway played well. Foegele trying not to be moved or upping his stock. JP a -1 and an inopportune penalty in the 6:51 he was entrusted. Big boy like that and the way this game was going, he could have had an impact in his minutes, but he didnt this game. You have to think he's an Oiler only as long as Yamamoto is out, and he knows it.

I think these guys might defend better by being relentless and playing more possession on the other side of center, like last year, but they've gotta support their D better than a lot of this game, this could have gone the other way. Hopefully when Kane gets back into it they'll be even more of a force.

[Updated on: Thu, 19 January 2023 22:26]

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #47) [message #817039 is a reply to message #817017 ]
Thu, 19 January 2023 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kungpaobenji27  is currently offline kungpaobenji27

No Cups

Refs sucked this game...but I hope that other ref who was cut by the skate ends up ok...12 stitches on the palm of his hand as this could've been infinitely worse had it been his wrist instead....

Good to see the PP convert with more added depth scoring at ES yet again...

Some stressful moments in this game that made me reminisce about the blown leads on home ice earlier this season...glad it wasn't deja vu...

Strong game by Foegele as that diving call on him was a sham...dude should've had a goal to go along with his assist

Tampa really overreacted to the Bouchard situation as he's a struggling 2nd year player so give him a break...c'mon now fellas

Onto a trap game at Vancouver Saturday....fingers crossed they continue this attempted tank of theirs...

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #47) [message #817041 is a reply to message #817039 ]
Thu, 19 January 2023 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

kungpaobenji27 wrote on Thu, 19 January 2023 22:30

Onto a trap game at Vancouver Saturday....fingers crossed they continue this attempted tank of theirs...

Canucks in Canuck’s fashion are even doing their tank at a mediocre level.

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #47) [message #817043 is a reply to message #817041 ]
Thu, 19 January 2023 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

inverno76 wrote on Fri, 20 January 2023 05:47

kungpaobenji27 wrote on Thu, 19 January 2023 22:30

Canucks in Canuck’s fashion are even doing their tank at a mediocre level.

Lol that team is a complete train wreck. Even with one of the better goalies in the league they are horrible

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #47) [message #817064 is a reply to message #817039 ]
Fri, 20 January 2023 12:40 Go to previous message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

The Tampa player who got hit by the Bouchard shot has the option of getting out of the way. confused2

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #47) [message #817044 is a reply to message #817017 ]
Thu, 19 January 2023 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

Wow, don't face another playoff team until the Rags on Feb 17. Thats a full calendar month. Time to make a statement. I guess this is payoff for a brutal starting schedule to the season.

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #47) [message #817045 is a reply to message #817044 ]
Fri, 20 January 2023 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

No Cups

Well that was worth staying up for. Playoff-like intensity & lots of action at both ends. Screw Tampa. Come into our rink and try to bully us?

Back to back wins against three very good teams now should give the boys a bunch of confidence. Now don't slack off against those easier teams that we'll be facing.

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #47) [message #817046 is a reply to message #817045 ]
Fri, 20 January 2023 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

A 5th .900+ game in a row for Jack, and another game where we come out on top at 5-5 (though our top guys finish -2 on the night)

Nice little run here has us within a point of 3rd place, and only 3 back of the division leading Kraken icon_rolleyes (hands up everyone who had Seattle in 1st place past the midway point of the season)

I know it won't happen as they're bound to put up a stinker in there somewhere, but if they play even close to how they've played the last couple of games, there's really no reason they can't win the next 8 (VAN, CBJ, CHI, DET, PHI, OTT, MTL, DET)

Anyway - good little run. Hope they can keep it going.

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #47) [message #817047 is a reply to message #817046 ]
Fri, 20 January 2023 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Great win.
Nice to see McLeod finally going.

Campbell was solid once again. That's 5 games in a row of good goaltending and he's won his last 6 starts. I think he's found his game. Assuming Skinner doesn't unexpectedly fall off, the Oilers look to have 2 good goalie options.

I thought the whole defense played pretty well. Desharnais continues to look like he belongs. Got another point. They were able to lock it down in the 3rd once again.

Broberg continues to look really good. If he keeps this up, he could be a legit top 4 option next season signed for dirty cheap which would be huge to a cap team. I can see why Holland didn't drafted him and didn't want to trade him for another dman. I wouldn't think a rookie could settle down Bouchard but he has.

I thought all of the top 6 forwards played well. I thought all the bottom 6 forwards played well and were noticeable in whatever minutes they got except JP. JP didn't get a ton of mins, lowest by far on the team but I didn't see him doing anything to deserve more which is a bit surprising considering he sat last game. I expected him to come out flying and he wasn't overly noticeable to me.

Big props to Kostin for taking a fight with Maroon to stand up to him going after McD. I saw McD go over to him and thank him. Maroon is a big dude. Props to the whole team for not backing down. Tampa is kind of a dirty team and the Oilers didn't just sit there an take it. Nice to see.

The Oilers schedule is set up that they could potentially go on a nice run. I hope they take advantage.

[Updated on: Fri, 20 January 2023 08:27]

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #47) [message #817048 is a reply to message #817047 ]
Fri, 20 January 2023 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Red Rage  is currently offline Red Rage

No Cups

Did anybody else catch that when Kostin got the in the penalty box, Kane immediately gave up his seat, and gave Klim a little recognition for a job well done (ie. he poured water on Kostin's head to cool him down! LOL).

Of course Kostin gets full marks for standing up for a teammate, but also we should give the Gold Star to Kane for helping build a cohesive team!

[Updated on: Fri, 20 January 2023 09:43]

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #47) [message #817052 is a reply to message #817048 ]
Fri, 20 January 2023 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

I did see that and absolutely loved it. Kane is a glue guy. Who would have ever thunk it?

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #47) [message #817051 is a reply to message #817046 ]
Fri, 20 January 2023 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Mike wrote on Fri, 20 January 2023 07:10

A 5th .900+ game in a row for Jack, and another game where we come out on top at 5-5 (though our top guys finish -2 on the night)

Nice little run here has us within a point of 3rd place, and only 3 back of the division leading Kraken icon_rolleyes (hands up everyone who had Seattle in 1st place past the midway point of the season)

I know it won't happen as they're bound to put up a stinker in there somewhere, but if they play even close to how they've played the last couple of games, there's really no reason they can't win the next 8 (VAN, CBJ, CHI, DET, PHI, OTT, MTL, DET)

I need to temper my expectations, but I can't. The next 8 are completely winnable games, but in reality every game is winnable, and it comes down to consistent effort. This next block needs the same energy as the games against the Ducks and the Sharks. Get ahead early, and rest the top lines in the third.

I am confident we will have a stinker or two in there and if we somehow only manage 10 of 16 points in the next 8 it is a fail on the team. A stinker against CBJ, or Chicago should still get you a point. They are on a different level of bad. It is time to run with the Pacific Division leaders instead of fighting it out with the wild card teams.

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #47) [message #817053 is a reply to message #817051 ]
Fri, 20 January 2023 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Fri, 20 January 2023 10:53

I need to temper my expectations, but I can't. The next 8 are completely winnable games, but in reality every game is winnable, and it comes down to consistent effort. This next block needs the same energy as the games against the Ducks and the Sharks. Get ahead early, and rest the top lines in the third.

I am confident we will have a stinker or two in there and if we somehow only manage 10 of 16 points in the next 8 it is a fail on the team. A stinker against CBJ, or Chicago should still get you a point. They are on a different level of bad. It is time to run with the Pacific Division leaders instead of fighting it out with the wild card teams.

The Oilers have the best player on the planet and are on a 5 game heater. There should be no reason to temper expectations. Why shouldn't McDavid experience a 13 game winning streak? Should that sort of happiness be limited to fans of the Devils and Bruins? I think not.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #47) [message #817060 is a reply to message #817053 ]
Fri, 20 January 2023 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 20 January 2023 10:55

The Oilers have the best player on the planet and are on a 5 game heater. There should be no reason to temper expectations. Why shouldn't McDavid experience a 13 game winning streak? Should that sort of happiness be limited to fans of the Devils and Bruins? I think not.

I think we deserve a 13 game win streak. McDavid certainly does, but does this team have the cajones to accomplish this feat?

Past history says no, and that is why I need to temper my expectations. I cannot handle the fall.

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #47) [message #817054 is a reply to message #817051 ]
Fri, 20 January 2023 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Babaganoosh2.0  is currently offline Babaganoosh2.0

No Cups

So by all odds we should be well within a playoff spot come March. Biggest challenge could be keeping the adrenaline levels up for the playoffs and not picking up bad habits along the the way. I hope Woody has a plan for that.

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #47) [message #817056 is a reply to message #817054 ]
Fri, 20 January 2023 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Babaganoosh2.0 wrote on Fri, 20 January 2023 10:57

So by all odds we should be well within a playoff spot come March. Biggest challenge could be keeping the adrenaline levels up for the playoffs and not picking up bad habits along the the way. I hope Woody has a plan for that.

I think the team looks exactly how they did last year. They are a good team. To start the season under Tippett, the players tried to play their way. Go after offense first, worry about defense way second. S they sputtered along with good games and bad games. Woody comes in in February, they buckle down, play the right way and they take off. Same thing this season. First 40, defense is way down the list and they sputter along. The players finally give in, play properly and they take off.

Why I say that? Because what has changed this year after 40 games? Not a ton. Same forward group is here. Mostly the same defense, same coaches. same system. Has Broberg coming up and playing well helped a bit? Yes but he's a rookie. Desharnais playing recently has helped a bit but he's a rookie. So what it is, is the team buying in. The back checking has increased big time by the forwards since Christmas, same as the coverage improving. They aren't making the 5 star mistakes. They are playing much better team defense while still scoring a ton. The Oilers are the #1 team goals 4 and are slowly cutting down the goals against. I don't see a reason why paying more attention to defense will not continue as they are winning while still scoring lots.

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #47) [message #817061 is a reply to message #817054 ]
Fri, 20 January 2023 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Babaganoosh2.0 wrote on Fri, 20 January 2023 10:57

I thought you were speaking to me, and not about the team. I caught that with the Woody comment. In my head as I was reading this:

"Biggest challenge could be keeping up the adrenaline levels up for the playoffs" - I will switch from beer to rum for games.

"and not picking up bad habits along the the way' - Crud ...drinking is a bad habit.

Previous Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #48)
Next Topic:GDT: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #47)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca