This day on April 19
None

Happy Birthday To: jari17, trehorse, 5mowill, Dragon_Matt, smyth2007

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Yakupov coming to EdmontonPages (2): [ «  <  1  2]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Yakupov coming to Edmonton [message #814061 is a reply to message #573607 ]
Wed, 16 November 2022 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tardigrade81  is currently offline tardigrade81

1 Cup

This thread nearly made me have a heart attack for a second lol

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Yakupov coming to Edmonton [message #574101 is a reply to message #573222 ]
Tue, 12 June 2012 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

http://oilersnation.com/2012/6/12/nail-yakupov-on-being-a-mu slim-don-cherry-the-draft-combine-and-playing-in-canada

Another interview with Nail Yakupov.

Quote:

AO: Everybody is scared of the bicycle at the Combine Tests. You were probably the only one who was getting on it with a smile.

NY: (laughs) I smiled before every test. Even before the bicycle. I felt pretty good. I was eager to try all of this. I was always talking and joking around with the guys, it was fun. Of course, it’s difficult. But what can you do? I like to smile. Maybe it’s just something I do. People say I’ve got a wonderful smile. So I smile.

AO: But this bicycle is a nightmare!

NY: Sure is. It’s a part of hockey. And I love hockey. I know that hockey games are just part of it. There’s also gym, tests and many other things. Interviews with reporters as well. My dad and my family taught me this – no matter how difficult it is, you have to do it with a smile. If you’re in a good mood, it’s easier to get stuff done. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and everything’s going to be ok. Besides, when you’re on that bicycle people cheer for you. And you understand yourself that if you’re going to make it to the NHL, it’s only going to get tougher. This is why in one of my interviews I said that this bicycle was easy for me.

Quote:

AO: All of the guys who were recently drafted 1st overall became NHLers right away. Do you feel ready for this?

NY: I don’t like comparing myself to other people. Especially with those who already made it to the NHL. Because they are already there and I just finished my season in a junior league. Hopefully, I get drafted first overall and then we’ll see. I will work hard and do everything I can to make it to the NHL. It’s easy to say from the stands that you’d this and that differently. But these are men who play there. And we got to see what these men are like. However, I’m not afraid of anything. I think I can play there. You just have to work hard and I’m ready for this.

AO: In one of your interviews you said that you don’t have any preferences at the draft except for one – you want to be drafted by a Canadian team. Why?

NY: My goal is to play in the NHL. It’s my #1 priority. It doesn’t matter what team am I on. I just spent 2 years in Canada and I really like this country. I’ve fallen in love with it. I never lived in USA so I can’t say anything about this country. I feel comfortable in Canada. I don’t know who’s going to draft me. I will play for any team.

Honestly, I really like his attitude in these interviews. He seems like a truly dedicated kid. Here's hoping the Oilers get it right...

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Yakupov coming to Edmonton [message #574172 is a reply to message #574101 ]
Wed, 13 June 2012 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rukm01  is currently offline rukm01

No Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 12 June 2012 10:00

Honestly, I really like his attitude in these interviews. He seems like a truly dedicated kid. Here's hoping the Oilers get it right...

I have to admit there are times he kind of rubs me the wrong way with his cockiness but when that happens I'm quick to remind myself how cocky Mess and Andy were back in the day. Yak has a swagger we haven't had in a long while.

I hope people who figure we're already stacked up up front watched this year's playoffs. Can anybody honestly envision our current group of forwards surviving a playoff drive intact? Drafting Yakupov would give us some insurance -- as legitimate a concern as our weak defence IMO since Hall is yet to even finish a regular season.

I'd feel better about the Murray talk if he were a clear cut challenger for #1. By all accounts he isn't. He doesn't even seem to be the consensus #1 defenceman. If we hadn't won the lottery and Yak went first, I'd be perfectly okay with him at #2. But doing anything other than drafting Yak would be shades of passing on Parise because we already had a small forward in Comrie (the reasoning Lowe explained behind the Pouliot swap).

BPA please. Then do the utmost to sign Schultz. Make use of free agency. And hope Klefbom continues his development.

Re: Yakupov coming to Edmonton [message #574186 is a reply to message #574172 ]
Wed, 13 June 2012 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

rukm01 wrote on Wed, 13 June 2012 12:51

Adam wrote on Tue, 12 June 2012 10:00

I have to admit there are times he kind of rubs me the wrong way with his cockiness but when that happens I'm quick to remind myself how cocky Mess and Andy were back in the day. Yak has a swagger we haven't had in a long while.

I hope people who figure we're already stacked up up front watched this year's playoffs. Can anybody honestly envision our current group of forwards surviving a playoff drive intact? Drafting Yakupov would give us some insurance -- as legitimate a concern as our weak defence IMO since Hall is yet to even finish a regular season.

I'd feel better about the Murray talk if he were a clear cut challenger for #1. By all accounts he isn't. He doesn't even seem to be the consensus #1 defenceman. If we hadn't won the lottery and Yak went first, I'd be perfectly okay with him at #2. But doing anything other than drafting Yak would be shades of passing on Parise because we already had a small forward in Comrie (the reasoning Lowe explained behind the Pouliot swap).

BPA please. Then do the utmost to sign Schultz. Make use of free agency. And hope Klefbom continues his development.

The other thing is that you only play 6 dmen. We already have 3-4 legit top 4 guys in Smid, N Schultz, Petry, and a healthy Whitney. One good UFA signing, and all of a sudden we've got a solid top 4, maybe top 5.

A few years ago we needed PMD. Lowe went and got a bunch. Then we needed shut down guys. And now we're back to needing PMD. It's a lot easier to revamp a D corps than your top 9 forwards.

And for the casual fans who say we have plenty of firepower already - 2 things: Look at last year's totals. We had 1 line basically. Adding Yak gives us 2. And the second is like you point out - protection against injury. Only 42 games last year featured all 3 of Hall, RNH, and Eberle. Our record as you would expect was much better with all 3 in the lineup.

Don't F this up. Take the elite talent.

Re: Yakupov coming to Edmonton [message #574202 is a reply to message #574186 ]
Wed, 13 June 2012 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oilfanforever!!  is currently offline Oilfanforever!!

No Cups

...I also see Yak as a good insurance policy in case Hall doesn't adapt his style and ends up with a shortened career!!

That would truly be a sad day because I think the kid has the chance to truly dominate this league and be a star so here's hoping!! Wave Towel

"McDavid is as good as I’ve seen in the last 30 years, the best player to come into the league in the last 30 years." Gretzky

"I think it goes without saying that there is a lot of pressure on me," McDavid

Re: Yakupov coming to Edmonton [message #574319 is a reply to message #574202 ]
Thu, 14 June 2012 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TJ39  is currently offline TJ39

No Cups

I don't look at him as an insurance policy. I look at him as eventually being just as good. We need more offence. If they don't draft him, they're worst then the Islanders. Yay!!

Let's look for the great MacT to find the D. By the way does anybody think Penner, Stoll or Greene would sign with the Oilers again? I'd reverse that trade for Stoll And Greene in a second, thought it was not good when it happened. Oh they really don't give a damn right now. Poor R Smyth! He would have won a cup.

Wake up Oiler fans.

[Updated on: Thu, 14 June 2012 04:49]

Re: Yakupov coming to Edmonton [message #574325 is a reply to message #574319 ]
Thu, 14 June 2012 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cableguy  is currently offline cableguy

No Cups

TJ39 wrote on Thu, 14 June 2012 04:43

I don't look at him as an insurance policy. I look at him as eventually being just as good. We need more offence. If they don't draft him, they're worst then the Islanders. Yay!!

Let's look for the great MacT to find the D. By the way does anybody think Penner, Stoll or Greene would sign with the Oilers again? I'd reverse that trade for Stoll And Greene in a second, thought it was not good when it happened. Oh they really don't give a damn right now. Poor R Smyth! He would have won a cup.

Wake up Oiler fans.

So Stoll, Greene, Penner an Fraser play parts in a cup and a large amount of people are clamoring to bring these guy back again?

Visnovsky was and is still a better player than both Stoll and Green. Could we use those 2 players? Sure. That ship sailed 4 years ago, get over it. Stoll had 6 goals and 21 points this past year, even Eager had more goals.

Don't kid yourself, the players that played the biggest role in winning the cup were Kopitar, Brown, Richards, Doughty, Carter, Mitchell, Williams etc etc, not the former Oilers.

Also, I doubt the Kings win the Cup with Smytty. Would they have traded Johnson for Carter?

Still jaded but we've got McDavid

Re: Yakupov coming to Edmonton [message #574335 is a reply to message #574325 ]
Thu, 14 June 2012 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

cableguy wrote on Thu, 14 June 2012 08:40

TJ39 wrote on Thu, 14 June 2012 04:43

Wake up Oiler fans.

So Stoll, Greene, Penner an Fraser play parts in a cup and a large amount of people are clamoring to bring these guy back again?

Visnovsky was and is still a better player than both Stoll and Green. Could we use those 2 players? Sure. That ship sailed 4 years ago, get over it. Stoll had 6 goals and 21 points this past year, even Eager had more goals.

Don't kid yourself, the players that played the biggest role in winning the cup were Kopitar, Brown, Richards, Doughty, Carter, Mitchell, Williams etc etc, not the former Oilers.

Also, I doubt the Kings win the Cup with Smytty. Would they have traded Johnson for Carter?

I think it's important to remember too that at the time of the trade, Stoll was a year removed from a serious concussion and coming off a dreadful season where he'd recorded 36 points in 81 games. There were serious doubts as to whether he'd ever get his game back.

Greene, like Peckham now, was pretty rough around the edges and while it was tough to give him up, it was a big upgrade from him to an all-star in Visnovsky. In the end, the Kings win the deal. Visnovsky didn't have his best seasons in Edmonton, Greene and Stoll have become integral parts of the Kings. But it was hard to know at the time that that would be the case.

As for Smyth, I don't think anyone should cry for a guy who demands a trade out of somewhere.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Yakupov coming to Edmonton [message #574340 is a reply to message #574101 ]
Thu, 14 June 2012 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zoofarmcheater  is currently offline zoofarmcheater

No Cups

I read that article on Yakupov that Adam was talking about, and there's one part that I thought was interesting:

Quote:

NY: This is what happened. I was asked about the ‘Russian Factor’. I said it had nothing to do with me because everyone has his own path. Generalization is wrong. Don’t tell me that I’m going to get drunk all the time or smoke or anything. Because it’s not going to happen. And then I said that if you really look into this I’m not a Russian but a Tatar. [AO: In Russian language there are two words for ‘Russian’. One meaning ethnicity, the other – nationality. However, in English ‘Russian’ means both, which understandably created confusion] I didn’t mean to say anything what now people think I did. I love Russia, I played for Team Russia and hopefully I will play for Team Russia again. But I said this word and people zeroed in on it.

[Canadians] just don’t know who Tatars are. I’m telling them: ‘I’m Tatar’. And they go: ‘What’s a Tatar?’ I had to explain it. That’s when I mentioned the Muslim thing. Now everybody in Russia thinks I’m public enemy #1. I didn’t mean to offend anybody. It’s not my fault I was born a Tatar and a Muslim, right? What do I do now – hang myself? Tatarstan is part of Russia. I played for Team Russia and I have a Russian passport. When they asked me about the ‘Russian Factor’ I tried to make a joke out of it. However, I was clear about what I meant, wasn’t I? I meant – generalization is wrong. Everybody has his own path.

Sorry for quoting so much. Anyway, my point is that we really don't have to worry about Yakupov ditching us for the KHL. Sounds like he referred to himself as a Russian in the more formal term and now the whole country hates him for it. It almost reminds me of when Brett Hull decided to play for the US team - all of a sudden, he's public enemy number one.

The other thing that stands out about Yakupov to me is that he could turn out to be a great influence on the team. I've read quite a few interviews with him, and he's always talking about how he avoids all the distractions in life that can have a bad impact on your career (drinking, etc). If a player is deciding to not go out and party during the playoffs, who happens to be the team's leading goal scorer, some guys might look at that and figure "Hey maybe I'll stay focused too and wait until this is all over before I go drinking."

Oh and in his interview with The Hockey News, he says his name is pronounced Nah-eeel, not Nay-ull.

"You've got to smile every day because life you just live once. You've got to push everything you can every day and be nice with the people and keep your family in your heart." - Nail Yakupov

Re: Yakupov coming to Edmonton [message #814052 is a reply to message #573222 ]
Tue, 15 November 2022 20:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Dubnyk awarded Yak his "worst teammate I ever had award"

https://oilersnation.com/news/this-guys-an-idiot-former-edmo nton-oilers-goaltender-devan-dubnyk-takes-aim-at-nail-yakupo v

Basically says he was an idiot and didn't listen in practice.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Yakupov coming to Edmonton [message #814064 is a reply to message #814052 ]
Wed, 16 November 2022 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

People aren't surprised are they?

Re: Yakupov coming to Edmonton [message #814074 is a reply to message #814064 ]
Wed, 16 November 2022 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon_Matt  is currently offline Dragon_Matt

No Cups

But what a knee slide.

Re: Yakupov coming to Edmonton [message #814075 is a reply to message #814074 ]
Wed, 16 November 2022 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Man I was pumped when we won that lottery. We were getting the kid that broke Stamkos' Sarnia rookie records. Ouff...

To be fair to the Oilers scouting team, nobody who was a realistic option would have been any better. Ryan Murray - meh. Galchenyuk - meh. Had a couple of decent seasons, but pretty underwhelming. Griffin Reinhart? LOL.

Guys like Reilly, Forsberg, Dumba, and Trouba seems like they would have been better choices, but none of those were going #1.

Re: Yakupov coming to Edmonton [message #814076 is a reply to message #814075 ]
Wed, 16 November 2022 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Mike wrote on Wed, 16 November 2022 11:06

Man I was pumped when we won that lottery. We were getting the kid that broke Stamkos' Sarnia rookie records. Ouff...

To be fair to the Oilers scouting team, nobody who was a realistic option would have been any better. Ryan Murray - meh. Galchenyuk - meh. Had a couple of decent seasons, but pretty underwhelming. Griffin Reinhart? LOL.

Guys like Reilly, Forsberg, Dumba, and Trouba seems like they would have been better choices, but none of those were going #1.

The Yak saga, maybe more than Hall, really underscored the futility of how the Oilers were rebuilt during that era. I still have a #64 t shirt somewhere in a box.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Yakupov coming to Edmonton [message #814078 is a reply to message #814076 ]
Wed, 16 November 2022 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 16 November 2022 14:21

The Yak saga, maybe more than Hall, really underscored the futility of how the Oilers were rebuilt during that era. I still have a #64 t shirt somewhere in a box.

Poorly built, and honestly some bad luck sucking that much those years. We got Hall, RNH, and Yakupov. Previous 3 were Patrick Kane, Stamkos, and Tavares. But I suppose it's that bad luck that helped us get Draistail and McDavid, so there's that.

But from those 3 #1 picks - Hall was a good pick. Seguin would have been fine as well. Yakupov sucked, but so did all the other realistic options. The only one where they might have been able to do better was with RNH, but IIRC, that was really between him and Landeskog, with Huberdeau getting the odd mention. Kucherov, Gaudreau, and Scheifele are better, but they weren't really options.

Re: Yakupov coming to Edmonton [message #814079 is a reply to message #814078 ]
Wed, 16 November 2022 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

I recall lot of the debate in 2011 being #1C in Nuge vs. #1D in Larsson.

Kinda funny how things work out.

2010 - Taylor vs Tyler…we bring in a GM who trades them both
2011 - Nuge vs Larsson…both will play for the Oilers. Also Ryan Strome at #5.
2012 - Yakupov vs Murray…both will play for the Oilers. Also G. Reinhart at #4.

Clean house or bust

Re: Yakupov coming to Edmonton [message #814083 is a reply to message #814079 ]
Wed, 16 November 2022 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

smyth260 wrote on Wed, 16 November 2022 12:00

We did a crap job of timing our first tank.

Drai and McDavid make up for it of course.

And we didn't actually deserve any of the above regardless :)

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Yakupov coming to Edmonton [message #814152 is a reply to message #814079 ]
Thu, 17 November 2022 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

smyth260 wrote on Wed, 16 November 2022 12:00

It's kind of funny that 2012 draft. It's a disaster, and definitely the weakest in the last 15-20 years. And yet? The Oilers LOVE trying fishing in that shallow pool. Yakupov, Murray, Reinhart, Koekkoek (#10), Ceci (#15), Samuelsson (#27) in the first round alone.

Round two we picked Mitch Moroz and then since acquired Pontus Aberg and Devin Shore. We picked Khaira and Zharkov in the 3rd, Erik Gustafsson in the 4th (who we decided not to sign and then who emerged as a solid NHLer - one of the best on this list). Andreas Athanasiou was another 4th rounder. We picked Laleggia in the 5th, and McCarron in the 6th - a round that also saw Matt Benning drafted by Boston. We haven't yet gotten anyone from the 7th round.

I imagine if you did this exercise in most years, you'd see a lot of players who'd play for any given team, but 2012 is notable because that whole list is so blah.

Re: Yakupov coming to Edmonton [message #814080 is a reply to message #814078 ]
Wed, 16 November 2022 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Mike wrote on Wed, 16 November 2022 11:42

Poorly built, and honestly some bad luck sucking that much those years. We got Hall, RNH, and Yakupov. Previous 3 were Patrick Kane, Stamkos, and Tavares. But I suppose it's that bad luck that helped us get Draistail and McDavid, so there's that.

But from those 3 #1 picks - Hall was a good pick. Seguin would have been fine as well. Yakupov sucked, but so did all the other realistic options. The only one where they might have been able to do better was with RNH, but IIRC, that was really between him and Landeskog, with Huberdeau getting the odd mention. Kucherov, Gaudreau, and Scheifele are better, but they weren't really options.

I have brought that point up about the draft picks. Tons of people mention the Oilers getting all those picks in a row but like you pointed out, look who they got.
Hall was 2010. He's a good player but franchise player? I would say no.
Nuge 2011. Good player but not a franchise player.
2012 Yak. Draft bust. 2012 might be one of the worst drafts in a very long time.

When you get #1 overall picks, the expectation is you get elite, superstar players. Guys who single handedly can turn your team around. The first 2 aren't those guys and Yak was a bust.

Re: Yakupov coming to Edmonton [message #814082 is a reply to message #814080 ]
Wed, 16 November 2022 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 16 November 2022 12:01

Mike wrote on Wed, 16 November 2022 11:42

I have brought that point up about the draft picks. Tons of people mention the Oilers getting all those picks in a row but like you pointed out, look who they got.
Hall was 2010. He's a good player but franchise player? I would say no.
Nuge 2011. Good player but not a franchise player.
2012 Yak. Draft bust. 2012 might be one of the worst drafts in a very long time.

When you get #1 overall picks, the expectation is you get elite, superstar players. Guys who single handedly can turn your team around. The first 2 aren't those guys and Yak was a bust.

They clearly didn't get the best case McDavid type generational pick, but the team went out of their way to make chicken crap out of chicken salad. The Oilers acted like a first overall meant instant success. No need to worry about anything, Hall will take care of it. No defense because Hall. No leadership because Hall. No coach or GM because Hall will fix everything. The two extra firsts and Eberle's emergence really served to underscore organizational deficiencies. Honestly it looks like the Oilers are still following the same model, they just have a much better version of Hall and Ebs.

In retrospect, they should have traded the Yak pick for defense.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Yakupov coming to Edmonton [message #814084 is a reply to message #814082 ]
Wed, 16 November 2022 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goose  is currently offline Goose

1 Cup

CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 16 November 2022 11:10

They clearly didn't get the best case McDavid type generational pick, but the team went out of their way to make chicken crap out of chicken salad. The Oilers acted like a first overall meant instant success. No need to worry about anything, Hall will take care of it. No defense because Hall. No leadership because Hall. No coach or GM because Hall will fix everything. The two extra firsts and Eberle's emergence really served to underscore organizational deficiencies. Honestly it looks like the Oilers are still following the same model, they just have a much better version of Hall and Ebs.

In retrospect, they should have traded the Yak pick for defense.

This is 100% correct. Yes, the Oilers had some bad luck with some of their 1st overalls, but it wouldn't have made a difference even if they did get Stamkos and Tavares instead of RNH and Yakupov because of how poorly the roster was constructed outside of that. We know this, because, as Pi pointed out, we're living through the Oilers getting the absolute best possible outcome in McDavid/Draisaitl in terms of draft picks working out and the team is still just mediocre.

I mean, it's been a constant source of angst around here how poorly the bottom 6 has consistently been. Hall/RNH/Ebs was actually a very good 1st line and consistently outscored their opponents. The problem was always that any good that the top 6 did was wiped out by how badly the bottom 6 got caved on a regular basis. If the bottom 6 would have even been close to even, the Oilers would have been a playoff team more often than not in those years.

And no, I don't think much has changed. Sure there's a different GM and a different coach, but it's the same old problems. The Oilers GF% without McDavid or Drai on the ice is currently 38.9% at 5x5. McDavid and Draisaitl are #1 and #2 in scoring in the league and the Oilers are +1 as a team in goal differential.

Can anyone actually tell me what value Bob Nicholson brings to the organization? Like is there any argument that having him around is in any way close to the value the team could get in building out an actual analytics group? And bring back the player concierge while they're at it icon_wink
It's been said many times, but nothing will actually get better while the Oilers continue to do things the exact same way they've been doing them, and I'm with Pi in that I don't think they've given any indication that they are trying to do things differently.

Oilers Goal Differential
17/18: 234 GF / 263 GA (-29)
18/19: 232 GF / 274 GA (-42)
19/20 (82 game pace): 257 GF / 254 GA (+3) in 64 games
2021 (82 game pace):269 GF / 235 GA (+34) after 38 games

Re: Yakupov coming to Edmonton [message #814153 is a reply to message #814084 ]
Thu, 17 November 2022 01:40 Go to previous message

6 Cups

Goose wrote on Wed, 16 November 2022 12:29

Can anyone actually tell me what value Bob Nicholson brings to the organization? Like is there any argument that having him around is in any way close to the value the team could get in building out an actual analytics group? And bring back the player concierge while they're at it icon_wink
It's been said many times, but nothing will actually get better while the Oilers continue to do things the exact same way they've been doing them, and I'm with Pi in that I don't think they've given any indication that they are trying to do things differently.

If there's any team in the league that needs a "fund", it's the Edmonton Oilers. I mean, the owner alone probably needs it!

Re: Yakupov coming to Edmonton [message #814077 is a reply to message #814075 ]
Wed, 16 November 2022 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

I am not sure where it ranks but the 2012 draft has to be one of the worst draft classes in a very long time. If you look at the entire first round, Vasilvesky would be the only star player out of that whole first round. There are a few decent top 4 dmen but none of them are stud, build your defense around dmen. A few decent wingers but none of them are franchise players or even can't miss superstars. There is a ton of 4-5 dmen, a few top 6 forwards, then a bunch of bottom 6 guys and non NHLers. Almost half of the first round are guys who are out of the NHL, are fringe NHLers now or never really made it.

[Updated on: Wed, 16 November 2022 11:33]

Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]  
Previous Topic:Pregame: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #18)
Next Topic:GDT: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #17)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca