This day on April 17
None

Happy Birthday To: blackgold, Doug, M00se, taisuke, oilfan2523, OilFans, EDM_oilfan6690, Darcy_183, tgdoctor

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Edmonton @ Tampa Bay (Game #14)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Edmonton @ Tampa Bay (Game #14) [message #813717]
Tue, 08 November 2022 20:00 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win: 0%
Tampa Bay to win: 0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Tampa Bay (Game #14) [message #813725 is a reply to message #813717 ]
Tue, 08 November 2022 20:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

Campbell gets it done.

Get well Evander.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Tampa Bay (Game #14) [message #813726 is a reply to message #813725 ]
Tue, 08 November 2022 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tardigrade81  is currently offline tardigrade81

1 Cup

Beautiful win!

Campbell and Foeg were awesome!!!!

Hope Kane is ok

Night folks

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Tampa Bay (Game #14) [message #813727 is a reply to message #813717 ]
Hemmer2Eberle  is currently offline Hemmer2Eberle

No Cups

Finally, a really solid game from Campbell. Hope we start getting some more.

And that Foegele guy... Thanks for finally doing something.

Get well Kaner.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Tampa Bay (Game #14) [message #813728 is a reply to message #813717 ]
NCREDiBLE  is currently offline NCREDiBLE

No Cups

Foegel and Campbells best game thus far as Oilers, if not one of their best for sure.
Huge block by mclovin at the end there. Wish Kane a smooth recovery we need him badly

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Tampa Bay (Game #14) [message #813729 is a reply to message #813717 ]
Tue, 08 November 2022 20:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Hats off to Campbell, Foegele, and special teams tonight. Excellent bounce back for the players mentioned. The usual guys of course continuing to perform. Excellent road performance on the back end of consecutive nights.

Stopped the leaking ship, time to reinforce.

Speedy recovery wishes for EK. Hope he's back this season.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Tampa Bay (Game #14) [message #813730 is a reply to message #813717 ]
Tue, 08 November 2022 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

We need to just start poisoning players if they leave this org. This ex-Oilers curse thing is going too far. Must not allow any more ex-Oilers to exist.

Nice to get the win, but damn, what a crazy thing to happen to Kane. Need some other wingers to really step it up now.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Tampa Bay (Game #14) [message #813732 is a reply to message #813717 ]
Wed, 09 November 2022 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

If the refs actually call the slew foot on Kane prior to Maroon skating over his wrist, it gets blown dead, and Kane doesn't get injured. What's Maroon doing there anyway.. he skates right through a prone player laying on the ice.. reckless

Lots of other non-calls by the refs.. Hyman's feet get taken out from under him at the end of the game with TB's goalie pulled.. ref calls McD for lifting a guys stick near the hands and then has it done to him 10 x worse multiple times with zero calls.. they even screwed up the icing calls.. Barrie almost got crippled because of one of them.. overall just brutal application of the rule book.. Kane could have been seriously injured just by the slew foot alone.. Oh and then there is the drawnout microscopic analysis of Hyman's goal that was disallowed for a kicking motion.. one that we've all seen count many times previously..

Almost forgot.. Perry swings his stick and makes contact with Campbells facemask, then Barrie gets a penalty for roughing up Perry because of it..

If it were just the result of random incompetence by the refs.. you'd expect it to be 50/50 for bad calls made against both teams.. but it isn't 50/50.

Speaking of NHL officiating, found this on LT's site.. Parrot uses his phone app..
https://nhlwheelofjustice.netlify.app/

[Updated on: Wed, 09 November 2022 03:28]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Tampa Bay (Game #14) [message #813733 is a reply to message #813732 ]
Wed, 09 November 2022 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Skookum Jim wrote on Wed, 09 November 2022 10:07

If the refs actually call the slew foot on Kane prior to Maroon skating over his wrist, it gets blown dead, and Kane doesn't get injured. What's Maroon doing there anyway.. he skates right through a prone player laying on the ice.. reckless

Lots of other non-calls by the refs.. Hyman's feet get taken out from under him at the end of the game with TB's goalie pulled.. ref calls McD for lifting a guys stick near the hands and then has it done to him 10 x worse multiple times with zero calls.. they even screwed up the icing calls.. Barrie almost got crippled because of one of them.. overall just brutal application of the rule book.. Kane could have been seriously injured just by the slew foot alone.. Oh and then there is the drawnout microscopic analysis of Hyman's goal that was disallowed for a kicking motion.. one that we've all seen count many times previously..

Almost forgot.. Perry swings his stick and makes contact with Campbells facemask, then Barrie gets a penalty for roughing up Perry because of it..

If it were just the result of random incompetence by the refs.. you'd expect it to be 50/50 for bad calls made against both teams.. but it isn't 50/50.

Speaking of NHL officiating, found this on LT's site.. Parrot uses his phone app..
https://nhlwheelofjustice.netlify.app/

The officiating has been garbage all year. Not even sure what the teams or management can do anymore. The refs are never held responsible for the calls and missed calls. Half the time I don’t even know what a slash is anymore, or a hook or anything else for that matter. It’s beyond ridiculous

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Tampa Bay (Game #14) [message #813735 is a reply to message #813733 ]
Wed, 09 November 2022 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Hoping that game last night gives Campbell a spark.... he was magnificent and made some great saves... Bigger thing is he looked comfortable out there as well.... Going need a strong performance from him going forward to compete with these top teams, that was a really good start last night. Keep it rolling boys.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Tampa Bay (Game #14) [message #813738 is a reply to message #813735 ]
Wed, 09 November 2022 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Good bounce back game.

Campbell was solid.

For one game the changes to the PK guys worked.

Foegele was excellent. Got a shorty which based on his reaction after scoring, that guy NEEDED that goal badly. Huge block to seal the win. I liked the goal in that it was 2 bottom 6 guys taking the puck into the zone. McLeod with his speed backing the dman up to create more space, draws the defender in, fires a good pass across to Foegele and from a good shooting spot Foegele rips a hard shot that goes in. Nice goal, using some of their skill to create time and space but doing simple, high percentage of something good happening hockey.
I thought the defense was a lot better, Niemo maybe having the roughest night and his minutes seem to indicate that.
JP did a much better job of going to the net and turning himself into a passing option for McD that resulted in some scoring chances. Hopefully a few go in soon.
Yamo still didn't get any shots on goal but had 5 hits so he seemed more engaged so maybe that's a sign he's close to coming out of his funk

Solid game overall by most of the team and the needed that win.

Sounds like Kane will be OK which is a relief. Pretty scary stuff!

It's becoming very clear to me that Holloway needs to go down. You go 11-7, lose Kane early to be down to 10 forwards and he gets not even 6 mins. Let him go dow, play the crap out of him in the AHL, he will be back

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Tampa Bay (Game #14) [message #813741 is a reply to message #813717 ]
Wed, 09 November 2022 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kungpaobenji27  is currently offline kungpaobenji27

No Cups

4 hits, a SH goal, and blocking Hedman's shot end of the game....where has this Foegele been?

I like Woody's implementation of basically having 4 PK units unlike Renney/Krueger/Tippett that were stubborn about deferring to a video game default of 2 PK units only. Way to get the depth forwards involved short-handed and forcing them to get their adrenalin & feet involved which apparently.....carries over to their 5 on 5 play......who woulda thunk?

Soupy stood tall and loved the overall team effort after a slow start.

Safe & speedy recovery to #91....btw, I can't remember the last time NHL refs called a slew footing penalty which is absolute negligence....

[Updated on: Wed, 09 November 2022 12:30]

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Tampa Bay (Game #14) [message #813742 is a reply to message #813741 ]
Wed, 09 November 2022 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Agreed with both of you. Fog was fantastic last night. Hope we continue to get that going forward

Kane tweeted he is reviving and will be back. So that’s definitely good.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Tampa Bay (Game #14) [message #813746 is a reply to message #813742 ]
Wed, 09 November 2022 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

I am guessing Kane cut a vein or an artery to be in that kind of distress that quickly. You could use a lot of blood quickly. I just hope he didn't cut a tendon.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Tampa Bay (Game #14) [message #813747 is a reply to message #813746 ]
Wed, 09 November 2022 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 09 November 2022 10:52

I am guessing Kane cut a vein or an artery to be in that kind of distress that quickly. You could use a lot of blood quickly. I just hope he didn't cut a tendon.

Would think tendon would be looking at a quick trip to LTIR and Holland would be scrambling already. Guess we'll see over the next couple days. Hope it is just skin/vessel stuff.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Tampa Bay (Game #14) [message #813749 is a reply to message #813747 ]
Wed, 09 November 2022 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bigEfromGP  is currently offline bigEfromGP

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 09 November 2022 10:54

Would think tendon would be looking at a quick trip to LTIR and Holland would be scrambling already. Guess we'll see over the next couple days. Hope it is just skin/vessel stuff.

My immediate guess was artery just based on how fast he bled so much, but I'm also trying to figure out how to cut an artery that bad and miss the tendon. Really hoping it's just an artery.

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 09 October 2020 13:17

CrudeRemarks wrote on Fri, 09 October 2020 13:00

The president thinks he has the ideal male body.
It's hard to disagree that he has the ideal male body.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Tampa Bay (Game #14) [message #813752 is a reply to message #813749 ]
Wed, 09 November 2022 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilfan94  is currently offline oilfan94

No Cups

Interesting video on the medical side of things on cuts like this. At the end of the day we don't know much information on how bad the cut is, but thought that this was a good rundown of how the trainers deal with this and what they are looking for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw09rhq_oR4&t=328s

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Tampa Bay (Game #14) [message #813754 is a reply to message #813749 ]
Wed, 09 November 2022 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

bigEfromGP wrote on Wed, 09 November 2022 11:04

My immediate guess was artery just based on how fast he bled so much, but I'm also trying to figure out how to cut an artery that bad and miss the tendon. Really hoping it's just an artery.

The amount of blood that was there instantly says you are probably right. There are a couple of pretty big veins as well just under the skin so even if it was them, you'd probably bleed quite a bit.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Tampa Bay (Game #14) [message #813755 is a reply to message #813754 ]
Wed, 09 November 2022 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skoobz  is currently offline Skoobz

No Cups

The blood looked fairly purple to me, so I'm thinking it was a pretty big primarily venous cut. That said, to get to those veins is to be dangerously intimate with the tendons.

"[It was] really cool to throw on the Oilers gear, the gear that I want to play the rest of my life wearing. It was pretty cool to put it on. With all the history, it was a lot of fun." - Connor McDavid, July 1, 2015

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Tampa Bay (Game #14) [message #813751 is a reply to message #813747 ]
Wed, 09 November 2022 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

One of the pundits (Stauffer maybe?) was suggesting Klim Kostin was the most likely call up. I don't quite get that - Seth Griffith is far and away the leading scorer for the Condors right now with 10 points in 9 games. Kostin has 2-2-4 in the same time. Griffith is small, but he's been an NHLer before (80 games), he's no raw rookie at 29 years old, and he scored well over a point per game in the AHL last year.

I wonder who we see get the push here. Easiest is Yamamoto and Puljujarvi both in the top six again, but could see Holloway elevated too if the coach trusts him at all. Or, if they DID call up Griffith, he could slide in with scorers too.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Tampa Bay (Game #14) [message #813756 is a reply to message #813751 ]
Wed, 09 November 2022 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Anyone know if there are repercussions for refs/linesmen for non calls? I had stepped away from the game for a couple of minutes last night so I missed the Barrie non icing. I just saw it. Holy hell!!

First that is a icing so it should have been called and the play is dead. Second, the Tampa guy hit Barrie from behind and he rammed into the boards almost feet first. He's lucky he didn't shatter his leg. Is that not a similar play to what created the hybrid icing in the first place? I can't remember the name but I remember a dman going after a puck on an icing, he gets drilled and got seriously hurt. I can accept missing a ticky tack slash but when a guy could get seriously hurt, you need to call that!! Barrie is really lucky to not be badly hurt!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Tampa Bay (Game #14) [message #813757 is a reply to message #813756 ]
Wed, 09 November 2022 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 09 November 2022 11:51

Anyone know if there are repercussions for refs/linesmen for non calls? I had stepped away from the game for a couple of minutes last night so I missed the Barrie non icing. I just saw it. Holy hell!!

First that is a icing so it should have been called and the play is dead. Second, the Tampa guy hit Barrie from behind and he rammed into the boards almost feet first. He's lucky he didn't shatter his leg. Is that not a similar play to what created the hybrid icing in the first place? I can't remember the name but I remember a dman going after a puck on an icing, he gets drilled and got seriously hurt. I can accept missing a ticky tack slash but when a guy could get seriously hurt, you need to call that!! Barrie is really lucky to not be badly hurt!

Officials have their performance graded nightly so I suspect he'll get to have a discussion with his boss about that non-call. My hope is that will not be a fun conversation for him. I would like officials (or officials supervisors) to discuss interesting calls so we could understand their reasoning and what they saw, but that is unlikely. I could also be wrong about the rule specifics. I think if the defender has position at the hashmarks, icing is called. Maybe there's a piece of nuance I don't understand.

I'm also semi-annoyed the Tampa player stuck his stick into Barrie's feet and caused him to crash into the boards.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Tampa Bay (Game #14) [message #813758 is a reply to message #813757 ]
Wed, 09 November 2022 12:20 Go to previous message

3 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 09 November 2022 12:03

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 09 November 2022 11:51

Officials have their performance graded nightly so I suspect he'll get to have a discussion with his boss about that non-call. My hope is that will not be a fun conversation for him. I would like officials (or officials supervisors) to discuss interesting calls so we could understand their reasoning and what they saw, but that is unlikely. I could also be wrong about the rule specifics. I think if the defender has position at the hashmarks, icing is called. Maybe there's a piece of nuance I don't understand.

I'm also semi-annoyed the Tampa player stuck his stick into Barrie's feet and caused him to crash into the boards.

That is what I am talking about. That was ridiculously dangerous. Barrie is extremely lucky to come away OK. You break femurs that way.

Even Kane. If you watch the replay, he gets tangled up with a Tampa guy but the Tampa guy puts his leg behind Kane and that contributed to him going down. Now the cut was accidently but I didn't think you were allowed to put your leg behind a guy and push him over.

Previous Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Carolina (Game #15)
Next Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Tampa Bay (Game #14)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca