This day on April 19
None

Happy Birthday To: jari17, trehorse, 5mowill, Dragon_Matt, smyth2007

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Pregame: Edmonton @ Washington (Game #13)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Pregame: Edmonton @ Washington (Game #13) [message #813499]
Mon, 07 November 2022 02:00 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final
Score Prediction
Login To Make Your Prediction

Edmonton to win: 0%
Washington to win: 0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

2022-23 Regular Season
Monday, November 7, 2022Edmonton 4 @ Washington 5Loss
Monday, December 5, 2022Washington 3 @ Edmonton 2Loss
Home Record: 0-1-0       Road Record: 0-1-0       Overall Record: 0-2-0
Home / Road Goals For: 2/4 Total: 6
Home / Road Goals Against: 3/5 Total: 8

2021-22 Regular Season
Wednesday, February 2, 2022Edmonton 5 @ Washington 3Win
Wednesday, March 9, 2022Washington 3 @ Edmonton 4 (OT)Win
Home Record: 1-0-0       Road Record: 1-0-0       Overall Record: 2-0-0
Home / Road Goals For: 4/5 Total: 9
Home / Road Goals Against: 3/3 Total: 6

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Washington (Game #13) [message #813500 is a reply to message #813499 ]
Mon, 07 November 2022 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Any idea why this game is at 8 pm eastern instead of Washington's normal 7?

The sooner they stop this losing slide, the better.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Washington (Game #13) [message #813502 is a reply to message #813500 ]
Mon, 07 November 2022 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

I have to say, I am getting a little bit concerned with who I am going to call the 3 mill trio. I understand that one of them makes just a little less than 3 mill but he's close.

Yamo - 3.1 mill - 11 GP, 0 goals, 3 assists
JP - 3 mill - 12 GP, 1 goal, 1 assist. His 1 goal was a subtle tip of a Nurse shot as he cruised through the slot.
Foegele - 11 GP, 2.75 mill - 0 goals, 1 assist.

So for 8.85 mill the Oilers have 1 goal, 5 assists between the 3 of them. Yamo has played exclusively in the top 6. JP I believe half his games were in the top 6, Foegele zero games in the top 6. I going in was expecting at least 20 from Yamo. I was expecting at least 15 from JP and 12-13 from Foegele. Considering McD and Leon seem to like Yamo on their lines, expecting 20 from him I don't think was unrealistic. Even if JP spent most of this time on the 3rd line, I thought he would get some second unit PP time, maybe the odd short spurt in the top 6 so expecting 15 I thought was realistic. Expecting 12-13 from Foegele considering that's what he's done his whole career and that is usually what a normal 3rd liner gets was realistic. What's most concerning is none of them are shooting much. Yamo 15 shots in 11 games, JP 16 shots in 12 games, Foegele 16 shots in 11 games. So these guys are shooting just over 1 shot a game. Put the puck on goal maybe you get a bounce!

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Washington (Game #13) [message #813503 is a reply to message #813502 ]
Mon, 07 November 2022 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AndersonRules  is currently offline AndersonRules

No Cups

Your overall thrust is sound. But JP has only spent 1 game (the game Yamamoto didn't play) in the top 6. Otherwise he's been almost exclusively on the 3rd line (except when shift changes caused overlap); and I don't believe he's been on the PP at all.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Washington (Game #13) [message #813506 is a reply to message #813503 ]
Mon, 07 November 2022 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

AndersonRules wrote on Mon, 07 November 2022 11:30

Your overall thrust is sound. But JP has only spent 1 game (the game Yamamoto didn't play) in the top 6. Otherwise he's been almost exclusively on the 3rd line (except when shift changes caused overlap); and I don't believe he's been on the PP at all.

Puljujarvi was in the top six for much of the last game. He definitely has had some reps up there.

The production from that trio (and McLeod and Holloway and basically any forward not named McDavid, Draisaitl, Nugent-Hopkins, Hyman and Kane) has been disappointing. However, I don't think that pointing at two or three of them as the issue tells the full story.

The five I've mentioned before all get lots of PP reps, where the Oilers have scored 15 of their 46 goals. They are dominant with the man advantage, and it's kept the season looking like it's ontrack. But they've been below average at every other aspect of the game. Our 5v5 play across the board hasn't been good enough, and the penalty kill has been atrocious.

Woodcroft did a great job last year at making this team a better 5v5 team than it had been, which helped to get contributions from up and down the lineup. He needs to figure out what's changed and fast, and make tweaks both at even strength and with our penalty killing. Once the systems play is better, I expect we'll see some improvement from the depth guys.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Washington (Game #13) [message #813508 is a reply to message #813503 ]
Mon, 07 November 2022 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skoobz  is currently offline Skoobz

No Cups

He was on PP2 last game, and they had a decent share of the time to my eye.

Funnily enough, I think Foegele has been the best of those three so far with JP a close second. Yamo is deep in useless land right now.

"[It was] really cool to throw on the Oilers gear, the gear that I want to play the rest of my life wearing. It was pretty cool to put it on. With all the history, it was a lot of fun." - Connor McDavid, July 1, 2015

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Washington (Game #13) [message #813509 is a reply to message #813508 ]
Mon, 07 November 2022 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clutchlikeeberle  is currently offline clutchlikeeberle

No Cups

Washington will push around our team with ease. We play with no heart, and battle. Soup is like a bouncy ball in terms of rebound control. Our D is AHL level. This will be a long year.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Washington (Game #13) [message #813510 is a reply to message #813509 ]
Mon, 07 November 2022 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon_Matt  is currently offline Dragon_Matt

No Cups

good contribution. Was there anything you wanted to actually discuss or just throw in a 'we suck' post?

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Washington (Game #13) [message #813530 is a reply to message #813510 ]
Mon, 07 November 2022 15:24 Go to previous message
clutchlikeeberle  is currently offline clutchlikeeberle

No Cups

Yeah, it's pretty much a we suck post. Mentally fragile. Physically weak. Aside from Connor, Leon, Kane and Hyman.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Washington (Game #13) [message #813512 is a reply to message #813508 ]
Mon, 07 November 2022 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

Skoobz wrote on Mon, 07 November 2022 15:11

Funnily enough, I think Foegele has been the best of those three so far with JP a close second. Yamo is deep in useless land right now.

That's what I've seen as well. They seem to be playing well enough and moving the puck in the right direction, but the numbers just aren't there. Would be nice for them to start getting on the scoresheet, though I still think it's a distant 3rd in terms of this team's problems, with PK and goaltending being 1A/B

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Washington (Game #13) [message #813519 is a reply to message #813512 ]
Mon, 07 November 2022 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Which Zero will Finish tonight?[ 12 vote(s) ]
1.Yammer-nada 1 / 8%
2.Hollywouldn't 3 / 25%
3.Boochard 6 / 50%
4.Foogle 1 / 8%
5.Nemo-no-no 0 / 0%
6.Murray 0 / 0%
7.Ku-lack 0 / 0%
8.Shoresy! 1 / 8%

Mike wrote on Mon, 07 November 2022 11:35

Skoobz wrote on Mon, 07 November 2022 15:11

That's what I've seen as well. They seem to be playing well enough and moving the puck in the right direction, but the numbers just aren't there. Would be nice for them to start getting on the scoresheet, though I still think it's a distant 3rd in terms of this team's problems, with PK and goaltending being 1A/B

Problem is that each of them have just zero finish, or shot. Foegle is skating in straight lines, doing a good defensive game, finishing checks, JP would be 2nd in effectiveness.. Yamo?.. man, just not effective at anything right now.. which brings me to to the new poll!!

Which Zero will Finish tonight?

[Updated on: Mon, 07 November 2022 13:52]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Washington (Game #13) [message #813520 is a reply to message #813503 ]
Mon, 07 November 2022 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

From what I could find, he played the first 3 games in the top 6, then has recently. I thought he played a few more games early on but I was mistaken. Regardless, the Oilers badly need more than 1 goal between 3 guys making just under 9 mill. All 3 are capable of chipping in goals and all 3 need to get going.

Previous Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Washington (Game #13)
Next Topic:Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #12)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca