This day on March 29
None

Happy Birthday To: SMURDS, JRock71, Cpt Waffle, TexasOiler, Morgan99

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #8)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #8) [message #813156]
Thu, 27 October 2022 21:00 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win: 0%
Chicago to win: 0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #8) [message #813164 is a reply to message #813156 ]
Thu, 27 October 2022 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

That was interesting. McDavid is a god.

Some officials better jump on a plane with Holloway to the AHL. Brutal game to watch. Officials ruined my entertainment.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #8) [message #813173 is a reply to message #813164 ]
Thu, 27 October 2022 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Thu, 27 October 2022 21:20

Some officials better jump on a plane with Holloway to the AHL.

I didn't get to see a lot of this game. What happened with Holloway?

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #8) [message #813176 is a reply to message #813173 ]
Thu, 27 October 2022 21:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 27 October 2022 21:33

He didn’t magically transform into a top 6 forward.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #8) [message #813177 is a reply to message #813176 ]
Thu, 27 October 2022 21:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

g2k wrote on Thu, 27 October 2022 21:43

Basically playing like a not ready prospect so far.

Just hope he avoids a patented Oilers shoulder injury now.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #8) [message #813181 is a reply to message #813177 ]
Thu, 27 October 2022 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 27 October 2022 21:45

Basically playing like a not ready prospect so far.

Just hope he avoids a patented Oilers shoulder injury now.

I think we need him for the bonus room (especially with no Broberg) and it's almost a bonus for the team (at least financially) if he doesn't earn a lot of those bonuses.

First game playing after getting knocked in to next week, so makes sense if he's a little tentative. Interestingly, he still played six more minutes than Shore. Was Shore hurt? Or just not in the plans tonight?

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #8) [message #813179 is a reply to message #813176 ]
Thu, 27 October 2022 21:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

He’s just not ready yet. Give him some big minutes in the AHL and bring him up after Christmas. Two bad penalties. A step behind. He will get there. Thought he was going to score tonight too, but for the most part looked out of place.

Or at least that’s what I saw. He’s had a rough start to his NHL career. Doesn’t mean he won’t develop into a top 6. Has all the tools.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #8) [message #813185 is a reply to message #813179 ]
Thu, 27 October 2022 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Thu, 27 October 2022 21:48

He’s just not ready yet. Give him some big minutes in the AHL and bring him up after Christmas. Two bad penalties. A step behind. He will get there. Thought he was going to score tonight too, but for the most part looked out of place.

Or at least that’s what I saw. He’s had a rough start to his NHL career. Doesn’t mean he won’t develop into a top 6. Has all the tools.

Yeah he came close to potting one. Top 6 in the cards down the road.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #8) [message #813204 is a reply to message #813164 ]
Fri, 28 October 2022 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Thu, 27 October 2022 20:20

..McDavid is a god...

In some cultures they have been.. 👽

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #8) [message #813166 is a reply to message #813156 ]
Thu, 27 October 2022 21:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

Suck it, refs

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #8) [message #813167 is a reply to message #813156 ]
Thu, 27 October 2022 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hemmer2Eberle  is currently offline Hemmer2Eberle

No Cups

That was painful. Campbell is painful. The refs hate for Kane is painful.

I kinda miss Smith. But not Koskinen.

Thank god for Connor.

[Updated on: Thu, 27 October 2022 21:29]

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #8) [message #813175 is a reply to message #813167 ]
Thu, 27 October 2022 21:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Hemmer2Eberle wrote on Thu, 27 October 2022 21:23

That was painful. Campbell is painful. The refs hate for Kane is painful.

I kinda miss Smith. But not Koskinen.

Thank god for Connor.

I can honestly say without a shred of doubt that there is not a fibre in my being that misses Mike Smith.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #8) [message #813169 is a reply to message #813156 ]
Thu, 27 October 2022 21:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Wild game. No D. Lost goaltender battle but have enough firepower to make up for it. Refs total clown show.

Probably should play skinner for a while as the starter. Dunno what the reason is but the team seems to play better in front of him. Gotta figure out what's up with these Campbell games.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #8) [message #813170 is a reply to message #813169 ]
Thu, 27 October 2022 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clutchlikeeberle  is currently offline clutchlikeeberle

No Cups

I'd definitely be starting Stu Saturday.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #8) [message #813180 is a reply to message #813169 ]
Thu, 27 October 2022 21:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 27 October 2022 21:27

Wild game. No D. Lost goaltender battle but have enough firepower to make up for it. Refs total clown show.

Probably should play skinner for a while as the starter. Dunno what the reason is but the team seems to play better in front of him. Gotta figure out what's up with these Campbell games.

Campbell wasn’t good, but did we ever hang him out to dry. That Kane can’t happen. 1 goal lead with 3 minutes left. Puck falls in between three white jerseys with their feet stuck in mud and 88 tucks it. Pitiful defense at the worst time possible.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #8) [message #813187 is a reply to message #813180 ]
Thu, 27 October 2022 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilfan94  is currently offline oilfan94

No Cups

Lots of hate on Campbell. I thought the breakaway goal he should have had, but it was a breakaway so I dont blame him much there. The second goal was a bad rebound, and letting the rebound out might be on him. Toews goal was a pass to a perfect spot with no one defending on Toes. Domi goal was an absolute perfect shot, maybe he gets that some days but I think that scores on most goalies. Kane goal was because 3 guys missed the puck and no one was covering the high slot. Maybe Campbell gets that one sometimes, but the team wasn't helping there.

All in all it was an OK game by Campbell considering he let in 5. He wasn't lights out, but made the saves he needed to. I would hope that most games he can be better, but I'm not going to say the sky is falling over him just yet. I think that he and Skinner might make the best tandem the Oilers have had in a long time.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #8) [message #813171 is a reply to message #813156 ]
Thu, 27 October 2022 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 27 October 2022 21:15

Lol. Chicago management and owner probably cheered hard for that Drai goal.

The Blackhawks are going to blow the Bedard sweepstakes if they keep scoring. They're going to need to make a few more bad trades here!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #8) [message #813178 is a reply to message #813156 ]
Thu, 27 October 2022 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

The Oilers get a regulation win, defeating the Hawks and the team NHL reffing crew.

Clutch late goal by LD with 37 sec left on a nice feed from EK.

Connor McDavid is back on the scoresheets with a vengeance. Flying all night. Yawwn, lol. The big boys delivered in this one.

That might have been one of the worst non goal calls I've ever seen. Embarrassing. Called a goal on the ice, arbitrary change to no goal. There's no way that was interference that Kane caused, Kane was pitchforked/ridden/dumped into Stalock, Stalock frigging got up and made a save, then Kane scored. Review by Oilers, denied? So delay of game I guess for failed review, and then an extra 2 for Kane? Fecking horrible.

Anyway, somehow the Oilers prevail after being shorthanded at least 10 times (?). Big win. Now beat those detestable fLames Saturday.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #8) [message #813183 is a reply to message #813156 ]
Thu, 27 October 2022 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Just heard the NHL " interpretation" on the Kane disallowed goal.. it was initially a "good goal" (the closest ref actually points at the net).. then they had a huddle and changed it to a "no goal" .. and video subsequent review "confirmed it".. but zero mention of "how" Kane got in the goalie's crease.. which was S. Jones pitch forking him down.. NHL comedy hour continues..

The refs screwed it up, and the NHL is blindly supporting them, they're like greasy politicians.

Then listening to Brown on CHED try to say that he had no doubts that Kane intended to fall on Stalock.. must be hoping for a Sportsnet job someday.. just lost respect for his future opinions after that take..

[Updated on: Thu, 27 October 2022 22:02]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #8) [message #813188 is a reply to message #813183 ]
Thu, 27 October 2022 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Thu, 27 October 2022 21:57

Just heard the NHL " interpretation" on the Kane disallowed goal.. it was initially a "good goal" (the closest ref actually points at the net).. then they had a huddle and changed it to a "no goal" .. and video subsequent review "confirmed it".. but zero mention of "how" Kane got in the goalie's crease.. which was S. Jones pitch forking him down.. NHL comedy hour continues..

The refs screwed it up, and the NHL is blindly supporting them, they're like greasy politicians.

Then listening to Brown on CHED try to say that he had no doubts that Kane intended to fall on Stalock.. must be hoping for a Sportsnet job someday.. just lost respect for his future opinions after that take..

Nurse pushes Kesler which allowed him, while in the middle of the crease, to reach out and grab Talbot's pad to stop him from making a save.

Perry is allowed to knock down Talbot's arm just as the puck was about to go in his glove because of a little contact outside the crease.

League is just really bad at making and enforcing rules. They will never figure it out.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #8) [message #813190 is a reply to message #813188 ]
Thu, 27 October 2022 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 27 October 2022 21:20

Nurse pushes Kesler which allowed him, while in the middle of the crease, to reach out and grab Talbot's pad to stop him from making a save.

Perry is allowed to knock down Talbot's arm just as the puck was about to go in his glove because of a little contact outside the crease.

League is just really bad at making and enforcing rules. They will never figure it out.

... Funny you mention the NHL and their allowance of the Kesler/Perry interference on Talbot to give that game to Anaheim..

Guess who the ref was in that game.. yep.. same guy as tonight .. CHRIS ROONEY

Same guy that called off Kane's goal tonight .. and almost help set an Oiler record for number of penalty calls against in a game.. interesting coincidence..

[Updated on: Thu, 27 October 2022 23:32]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #8) [message #813192 is a reply to message #813190 ]
Fri, 28 October 2022 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Thu, 27 October 2022 23:23

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 27 October 2022 21:20

... Funny you mention the NHL and their allowance of the Kesler/Perry interference on Talbot to give that game to Anaheim..

Guess who the ref was in that game.. yep.. same guy as tonight .. CHRIS ROONEY

Same guy that called off Kane's goal tonight .. and almost help set an Oiler record for number of penalty calls against in a game.. interesting coincidence..

Lol, wow. That's insane. I don't even know what to say about this league. Is there another major sport that lets bad reffing have such huge impacts on games so often? Just not seeing the necessary will to ever figure it out. Refs feelings still top the list of importance.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #8) [message #813195 is a reply to message #813192 ]
Fri, 28 October 2022 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 28 October 2022 00:14

Lol, wow. That's insane. I don't even know what to say about this league. Is there another major sport that lets bad reffing have such huge impacts on games so often? Just not seeing the necessary will to ever figure it out. Refs feelings still top the list of importance.

*Angel Hernandez has entered the chat*

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #8) [message #813199 is a reply to message #813195 ]
Fri, 28 October 2022 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Suomalainen wrote on Fri, 28 October 2022 07:41

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 28 October 2022 00:14

*Angel Hernandez has entered the chat*

lol, can't say I follow baseball that much, but he has some great moments. MLB does actually fight him though and try to keep him away from big games. NHL protects their refs to the death and keeps everything out of sight. Except maybe that rare event where refs outraged the new cash cow fan base in Vegas, but one of those refs was refing a cup final soon after (other one was on the edge of retirement when that bad call happened and just went off into the sunset).

And here we are talking about another terrible ref that barely anyone remembers the name of.

Honestly, I would take consistently and predictably bad like Hernandez over what NHL refs do. The whole deal where no one has any clue how the rules will be called any given night. Blatant game management and situational calls/non-calls. The NHL refs act like they have split personalities where one is Angel Hernandez, but no one ever knows when that personality has taken control.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #8) [message #813202 is a reply to message #813199 ]
Fri, 28 October 2022 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 28 October 2022 08:56

.. Honestly, I would take consistently and predictably bad like Hernandez over what NHL refs do. The whole deal where no one has any clue how the rules will be called any given night. Blatant game management and situational calls/non-calls. The NHL refs act like they have split personalities where one is Angel Hernandez, but no one ever knows when that personality has taken control.

NHL rules, regulations, interpretation, and enforcement are what can best be described as.. fluid 😊

Like trying to hold mercury in your hand..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #8) [message #813193 is a reply to message #813156 ]
Fri, 28 October 2022 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Nice to wake up after an Oiler win….

…and see the Leafs lost to the lowly Sharks.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #8) [message #813194 is a reply to message #813193 ]
Fri, 28 October 2022 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

Didn't get to watch this one as NHL Live is no longer available in Canada? Well that sucks.

If I want to watch Oilers games I need to get "SN Now Premium" for $35/month to get a bunch of crap I don't want/need (WWE, Bundesliga, Rugby, etc...)

Anyway - watched some highlights. That no goal was absolute garbage. McDavid decided he's going to try for the Richard this year? I love it!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #8) [message #813196 is a reply to message #813194 ]
Fri, 28 October 2022 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Tough game to watch with all the penalties. Hawks fans must have requested to the league they wanted to come watch officials work so they got their money's worth. A classic game of watching a player get drilled a few times then calling the retaliation. Kane really needs to learn how to float in air. Second time this season he got a goalie interference call where he was drilled from behind into the goalie but is expected not to make contact.

I thought I knew what a goal call was. When the ref points at the puck in the net, it means goal and has for I don't know 100 yrs? Not sure but a long time. He must have been wiggling his fingers to wave it of as he pointed to the goal because the call on the ice of no goal stood.

At the end of the year, all that counts is wins and losses. Take the win and get out of Chicago. Bizarre game.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #8) [message #813198 is a reply to message #813196 ]
Fri, 28 October 2022 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Is it just me or do the Oilers seem to play way more lock down defense when Skinner is in?

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #8) [message #813201 is a reply to message #813194 ]
Fri, 28 October 2022 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Mike wrote on Fri, 28 October 2022 07:01

Didn't get to watch this one as NHL Live is no longer available in Canada? Well that sucks.

If I want to watch Oilers games I need to get "SN Now Premium" for $35/month to get a bunch of crap I don't want/need (WWE, Bundesliga, Rugby, etc...)

Anyway - watched some highlights. That no goal was absolute garbage. McDavid decided he's going to try for the Richard this year? I love it!

Yeah somehow in my telus sports package I have all the SN regionals but no sn 360 and no SN1. So for those games I have to become the scourge of the seven seas. Plus because I'm a satellite user, even though I pay for bundled SN content, I can't sign in via tv provider and stream the app for free.

There is no way in hell I'll pay for the standalone app.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #8) [message #813207 is a reply to message #813156 ]
Fri, 28 October 2022 13:35 Go to previous message
kungpaobenji27  is currently offline kungpaobenji27

No Cups

Observations from last night:
1) I'm not looking into the defensive blips as much...as the Hawks have been able to score many goals recently...especially while being undefeated at home recently...

2)^As a result of that, I'm not looking into the 5 goals allowed by Campbell...as his defence let him down in certain moments...though he made all the big saves when he needed to

3) This was the 2nd half of a back to back against a team with a much different system in contrast to the team from the previous night....defensive blips will happen

4) Not only was this the 2nd half of a back to back, but the Oilers played an extremely physical team the previous night with relentless forechecking...

5) The 10 penalties called against the Oilers were absolutely bologna....

6) Is Oilers management trying to kill McLeod's asking price on the next contract by putting two play killing wingers on his line?

7) As a result of the officiating, I can't remember a time when a win has ever been this frustrating...

8) Last night reminded me of the 2 games in Chicago, 2nd game in Dallas, and that other one in Columbus from the prior season....a game the Oilers manage to lose 9/10 times based on recent history...so elated with the victory...

[Updated on: Fri, 28 October 2022 15:12]

Previous Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #9)
Next Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Chicago (Game #8)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca