This day on April 19
None

Happy Birthday To: jari17, trehorse, 5mowill, Dragon_Matt, smyth2007

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #2)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #812631]
Sat, 15 October 2022 22:30 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win:   0%
Calgary to win:   0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #812636 is a reply to message #812631 ]
Sat, 15 October 2022 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Yeah. Should try to be ready for a game for once

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #812637 is a reply to message #812631 ]
Sat, 15 October 2022 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oilertime  is currently offline Oilertime

No Cups

If these poor starts continue the honeymoon with Woodcroft will be over quick.

Draisaitl didn't have it tonight.

Skinner was dialed in.

Loading the up the top line and only playing 3 lines is not overly sustainable for 82 games.

https://twitter.com/Reggie__11

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #812638 is a reply to message #812631 ]
Sat, 15 October 2022 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hemmer2Eberle  is currently offline Hemmer2Eberle

No Cups

Couple sad facts.

Holloway is not NHL ready.

Ceci is our most reliable Dman

We may have wasted 5 mill a year on Campbell, when Skinner looked poised to take over.

Still can't score first, or start the game on time.

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #812641 is a reply to message #812638 ]
Sat, 15 October 2022 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leia  is currently offline Leia

No Cups

That was as painful as watching Liz Truss being interviewed. Early season, but at times we looked so off the pace it was worrying. Leon just couldn't get going, looked like he was playing injured whilst healthy where as in the play-off's he played exceptionally whilst injured.

Not worth getting up for I'll say that, but it was a BOA and you can't miss watching them can you.

If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #812642 is a reply to message #812641 ]
Sat, 15 October 2022 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Leia wrote on Sat, 15 October 2022 23:26

That was as painful as watching Liz Truss being interviewed. Early season, but at times we looked so off the pace it was worrying. Leon just couldn't get going, looked like he was playing injured whilst healthy where as in the play-off's he played exceptionally whilst injured.

Not worth getting up for I'll say that, but it was a BOA and you can't miss watching them can you.

Leon and Connor didnt have a ton of room out there, I think 29 had 3 or 4 giveaways tonight. I just think those guys need to be split up. They've got enough wingers that they can do it.

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #812645 is a reply to message #812642 ]
Sat, 15 October 2022 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Sat, 15 October 2022 23:30

Leon and Connor didnt have a ton of room out there, I think 29 had 3 or 4 giveaways tonight. I just think those guys need to be split up. They've got enough wingers that they can do it.

Trying to be patient with Woody, but at this point of the season I would not be letting this team get away with just hoping McDrai on the same line can save the day. Force the balanced lineup to figure it out if they want to win.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #812648 is a reply to message #812645 ]
Sun, 16 October 2022 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 15 October 2022 23:36

Trying to be patient with Woody, but at this point of the season I would not be letting this team get away with just hoping McDrai on the same line can save the day. Force the balanced lineup to figure it out if they want to win.

Ultimately, it is only two games, we came back and won one, and we came back and made that one interesting.

It would be good to see some better starts, and I definitely would prefer not to see 29 & 97 together from the 10 minute mark in, but it's so early in the season. I'm willing to be patient here.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #812659 is a reply to message #812648 ]
Mon, 17 October 2022 12:20 Go to previous message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Sun, 16 October 2022 21:33

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 15 October 2022 23:36

Ultimately, it is only two games, we came back and won one, and we came back and made that one interesting.

It would be good to see some better starts, and I definitely would prefer not to see 29 & 97 together from the 10 minute mark in, but it's so early in the season. I'm willing to be patient here.

Yeah, I'm just waiting to see how things go as well.

Still have questions though :)

How about another one, wth is happening with our D group. Bouch/Murray somehow was our main pair for D-zone starts? Kulak having a rough start and being paired with Barrie isn't helping 5v5. Nurse/Ceci still there, but think they got split and Bouch was with Nurse.

Did we kinda miss trying some stuff in pre-season? We did the Eakins thing where pre-season was all about trying to find the 11th and 12th forward and pretty much nothing else. Lots of trying to figure big stuff out on the fly now. Team doing all they can to make us miss Keith on the left side as well, hope Kulak can get it together soon.

Oh well, waiting to see how things go icon_biggrin

[Updated on: Mon, 17 October 2022 12:22]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #812640 is a reply to message #812631 ]
Sat, 15 October 2022 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Can't give up 4 early and a 3 goal lead to a team as good as the Flames.

They got what they needed certainly from Skinner when they had to cheat for offence and gave opportunities. Can you pin more than one of the first 4 on Campell? But that's the dif between good and great, he manages a stop on one of those and maybe he finishes the game and the Oilers come back and win.

A couple of really inopportune penalties, a ton of giveaways, and some missed opportunities on good scoring chances all stood in the way of a comeback tonight, the garbage start aside.

I did not like the pairing of Bouchard and Murray. Murray looks like he can be useful on the odd offensive opportunities, but I don't think he moves well enough to defend if he's off positionally. I don't know how either Broberg or Niemelainen really hurt you as a left D as compared to Murray so far. confused2

Huberdeau was pretty invisible and Calgary still had enough to win.

I've seen worse performances from the Oilers in the BOA even during the McDavid era, but starts like tonight really need to be in the rearview mirror for this club, given expectations.

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #812644 is a reply to message #812640 ]
Sat, 15 October 2022 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
watchman  is currently offline watchman

1 Cup

Not the end of the world. Skinner might be the real deal. Not many, if any, other teams would have come back to the extent the OIL did tonight.
I liked the physicality of Malone and Holloway tonight. I know 71 scored, but imagine if he would hit someone once or twice a game... everyone needs to know what it takes to win. icon_nod

...this time, it's for real (isn't it?).

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #812643 is a reply to message #812631 ]
Sat, 15 October 2022 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Only game #2.. wouldn't draw any final conclusions just yet..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #812646 is a reply to message #812631 ]
Sat, 15 October 2022 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Two games in a row where the Team chokes and gets behind early by multiple goals.. Woody's use of McD and LD on one line is a function of 2 crap starts .. I expect once we score the first gaol we'll see more balanced lines with LD and McD cenering 2 different lines.. bewteen PK's, and incresae in McD and LD ice times, guys like Holloway only got 8 minutes of ice time.. LD had 25 minutes..

Skinner was a bright spot.. 31 of 31.. might have a player.

Puljujarvi looked engaged.. contact made when able.. broke up a few plays.. he's getting better.. I suspect Kane's encouragement is starting to rub off on him.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #812647 is a reply to message #812631 ]
Sun, 16 October 2022 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

These slow starts are into their second decade. What’s the answer? Multiple coaches and rosters can’t get it going in the first ten minutes of any game.

Previous Topic:Pregame: Buffalo @ Edmonton (Game #3)
Next Topic:GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #2)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca