This day on April 25
None

Happy Birthday To: Scott, kayla_foley

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 NHL » Summer 2022 Signing/Trade threadPages (7): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Summer 2022 Signing/Trade thread [message #810544 is a reply to message #809623 ]
Wed, 13 July 2022 18:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Jagr's a BEAUT! lmao

Quote:

Jaromir Jagr@68Jagr ·4h

NHL GMs- I am also free agent, once again. 6,3 265 … 50 years old ,slow, but strong and good hands. Can bring experience and like to play only home games. Call me anytime.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Summer 2022 Signing/Trade thread [message #810552 is a reply to message #809623 ]
Wed, 13 July 2022 20:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Some other shoes will have to drop.. some teams have added big cap and still have guys that they need to sign.. or forced to deal someone off the roster.. could be some bargain bin buys.

For instance.. CBJ has 3M cap left.. but Laine is RFA, with the hammer. Someone will have to shake loose off the roster.. Probably similar situations existing elsewhere .. could be some good deals possible.

Miles Wood already going to arbitration in NJ.

Lawson Crouse is RFA (with hammer).. maybe Arizona wants to move him since they are in a rebuild..

Florida $2M over the cap.. needs to do something.. only have 12 forwards signed.. Weegar?

Same with Wash... $2M over the cap..

Vegas has about 7 players to sign with $6.5M cap to spend.

[Updated on: Wed, 13 July 2022 20:49]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Summer 2022 Signing/Trade thread [message #810568 is a reply to message #809623 ]
Thu, 14 July 2022 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hotgo  is currently offline hotgo

No Cups

https://imgur.com/a/8Yc0hLg?noredirect

(taken from https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/free-agency where it's been like this since yesterday... still up now)

Kane is definitely a bargain...

Re: Summer 2022 Signing/Trade thread [message #810579 is a reply to message #809623 ]
Thu, 14 July 2022 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Ouch

Quote:

Greg Wyshynski@wyshynski

Johnny Gaudreau said he wanted to play "relatively" closer to the East Coast.

"I always dreamed about playing a tad closer to home. It didn't matter where I was signing. Our decision was it was best for us not to go back to Calgary."
@BlueJacketsNHL

@NHLFlames

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Summer 2022 Signing/Trade thread [message #810584 is a reply to message #810579 ]
Thu, 14 July 2022 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Thu, 14 July 2022 12:08

Ouch

Quote:

Greg Wyshynski@wyshynski

"I always dreamed about playing a tad closer to home. It didn't matter where I was signing. Our decision was it was best for us not to go back to Calgary."
@BlueJacketsNHL

@NHLFlames

In my mind, that means either Calgary is an awful place to play hockey or Johnny is nuts. I do think he played himself and managed to walk into a corner where CBJ somehow made sense.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Summer 2022 Signing/Trade thread [message #810587 is a reply to message #810584 ]
Thu, 14 July 2022 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bigEfromGP  is currently offline bigEfromGP

No Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 14 July 2022 12:55

Ouch

Quote:

Greg Wyshynski@wyshynski

@BlueJacketsNHL

@NHLFlames

In my mind, that means either Calgary is an awful place to play hockey or Johnny is nuts. I do think he played himself and managed to walk into a corner where CBJ somehow made sense.

I listened to a bit of his presser, he said that (paraphrasing here) he didn't want to discuss the Calgary departure at this time and that this presser was about joining Columbus, but then of course someone asks him about it. He says that the fans always treated him great, that he loves the Calgary fans, but that it was time for him to move on and that's all he's going to say about that for now.

I'm guessing JH didn't care for the direction of either management or coaching, so he left. I can't see him leaving because of the media, and he seems genuine about liking the fans, so there's not much else to complain about. I suppose teammates could be another option, but you would Treliving would bend to Johnny's demands on that front pretty quickly to keep him there if need be.

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 09 October 2020 13:17

CrudeRemarks wrote on Fri, 09 October 2020 13:00

The president thinks he has the ideal male body.
It's hard to disagree that he has the ideal male body.

Re: Summer 2022 Signing/Trade thread [message #810588 is a reply to message #810587 ]
Thu, 14 July 2022 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

bigEfromGP wrote on Thu, 14 July 2022 13:43

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 14 July 2022 12:55

Ouch

Quote:

Greg Wyshynski@wyshynski

@BlueJacketsNHL

@NHLFlames

I listened to a bit of his presser, he said that (paraphrasing here) he didn't want to discuss the Calgary departure at this time and that this presser was about joining Columbus, but then of course someone asks him about it. He says that the fans always treated him great, that he loves the Calgary fans, but that it was time for him to move on and that's all he's going to say about that for now.

I'm guessing JH didn't care for the direction of either management or coaching, so he left. I can't see him leaving because of the media, and he seems genuine about liking the fans, so there's not much else to complain about. I suppose teammates could be another option, but you would Treliving would bend to Johnny's demands on that front pretty quickly to keep him there if need be.

Maybe Sutter? The first time CBJ plays in Calgary is going to be fun to watch. The press conference is going to be salty.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Summer 2022 Signing/Trade thread [message #810591 is a reply to message #810588 ]
Thu, 14 July 2022 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

Sutter is my guess. It's well known how much LA players disliked him at the end of his tenure there.

Clean house or bust

Re: Summer 2022 Signing/Trade thread [message #810592 is a reply to message #810591 ]
Thu, 14 July 2022 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

smyth260 wrote on Thu, 14 July 2022 13:23

Sutter is my guess. It's well known how much LA players disliked him at the end of his tenure there.

In the room you have Sutter berating you to your teammates because you are a small non physical player, outside the room you have Eric Francis berating you in the media because you are a small non physical player. To be frank, Johnny should be commended for staying as long as he did.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Summer 2022 Signing/Trade thread [message #810593 is a reply to message #810591 ]
Thu, 14 July 2022 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilfan94  is currently offline oilfan94

No Cups

I don't know much about Josh Norris, but wow. Nearly $8M per on an 8 year deal for him they must be thinking that in 4-5 years he would be asking $10+.

Re: Summer 2022 Signing/Trade thread [message #810594 is a reply to message #810593 ]
Thu, 14 July 2022 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

oilfan94 wrote on Thu, 14 July 2022 14:45

I don't know much about Josh Norris, but wow. Nearly $8M per on an 8 year deal for him they must be thinking that in 4-5 years he would be asking $10+.

He did score 35 in 66 last year. That's pretty good for a third year guy. Still, those are some expensive RFA years. Ottawa is making moves this year.

Re: Summer 2022 Signing/Trade thread [message #810595 is a reply to message #810594 ]
Thu, 14 July 2022 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 14 July 2022 13:49

oilfan94 wrote on Thu, 14 July 2022 14:45

He did score 35 in 66 last year. That's pretty good for a third year guy. Still, those are some expensive RFA years. Ottawa is making moves this year.

Cashing in on a 20% shooting year. I don’t think this deal will age well. Maybe in 5 years it looks ok when 8M is 2nd line forward money.

Clean house or bust

Re: Summer 2022 Signing/Trade thread [message #810597 is a reply to message #810593 ]
Thu, 14 July 2022 16:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

oilfan94 wrote on Thu, 14 July 2022 13:45

Ottawa starting eat up some of that cap.. Alex Formenton is next RFA up.. speedster.. large.. + hands.. he's a good player.. expect they'll try to lock him up long term if they can get the number high enough for Formenton's agent.. probably $5M? .. then they have 3 more guys to sign to make it 23.. probably why they wanted to get Connor Brown's cap off the books..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Summer 2022 Signing/Trade thread [message #810589 is a reply to message #810584 ]
Thu, 14 July 2022 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 14 July 2022 15:55

Ouch

Quote:

Greg Wyshynski@wyshynski

@BlueJacketsNHL

@NHLFlames

I'm always happy to see misfortune fall on the Flames, but I am really really not understanding this. If he would have left a ton of cash on the table to go to any of the New York areas teams, Boston, Philadelphia, I could have understood it. But this makes no sense. It's not like the Jackets are on the cusp of a dynasty. Really weird.

Re: Summer 2022 Signing/Trade thread [message #810590 is a reply to message #810589 ]
Thu, 14 July 2022 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon_Matt  is currently offline Dragon_Matt

No Cups

maybe he went close-ish to home and left money on the table to help build a winner.

Re: Summer 2022 Signing/Trade thread [message #810596 is a reply to message #810589 ]
Thu, 14 July 2022 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Mike wrote on Thu, 14 July 2022 12:50

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 14 July 2022 15:55

Ouch

Quote:

Greg Wyshynski@wyshynski

@BlueJacketsNHL

@NHLFlames

I'm always happy to see misfortune fall on the Flames, but I am really really not understanding this. If he would have left a ton of cash on the table to go to any of the New York areas teams, Boston, Philadelphia, I could have understood it. But this makes no sense. It's not like the Jackets are on the cusp of a dynasty. Really weird.

I find the reaction fascinating.

When players leave small markets for more money in a big market like NYC (a la Panarin), the fan reaction is often like “Oh great billion dollar franchise buys another star. This is terrible for the sport”

Now a player leaves for a smaller market and less money. Flames fan reaction? “What are you doing idiot? Don’t you want more money? Not even from New Jersey? We lost out to COLUMBUS?”

I personally enjoy the complex this will create for Flames fans.

Clean house or bust

Re: Summer 2022 Signing/Trade thread [message #810600 is a reply to message #809623 ]
Thu, 14 July 2022 16:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Wash. just signed D. Strome for 1 x $3.5M

They are $7M over.. something has to give on that roster..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Summer 2022 Signing/Trade thread [message #810603 is a reply to message #810600 ]
Thu, 14 July 2022 17:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Thu, 14 July 2022 16:58

I think you’re forgetting to take in to account the fact that Backstrom is done and unlikely to play at all next year, if ever again. That’s $9.2MM to re-use right there.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Summer 2022 Signing/Trade thread [message #810604 is a reply to message #810603 ]
Thu, 14 July 2022 17:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 14 July 2022 16:12

Skookum Jim wrote on Thu, 14 July 2022 16:58

I think you’re forgetting to take in to account the fact that Backstrom is done and unlikely to play at all next year, if ever again. That’s $9.2MM to re-use right there.

Backstrom says he thinks he'll be back mid season..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Summer 2022 Signing/Trade thread [message #810609 is a reply to message #809623 ]
Thu, 14 July 2022 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

Wow, somebody is bitter
https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/columbus-really-gaudrea u-wont-ever-be-viewed-the-same-in-calgary/
As bad as y'all think the Oilers media is, this guy is way worse.

Re: Summer 2022 Signing/Trade thread [message #810610 is a reply to message #810609 ]
Thu, 14 July 2022 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Thu, 14 July 2022 22:31

Wow, somebody is bitter
https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/columbus-really-gaudrea u-wont-ever-be-viewed-the-same-in-calgary/

Put all their faith in a guy that was gonna run from pressure as fast as his legs could carry him. Hilarious that he was even too scared to sign with Jersey. Sounds like they made him a serious offer but I guess Johnny just wanted to hide. What a turd.

Can't wait to see Francis all bummed out next season.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Summer 2022 Signing/Trade thread [message #810611 is a reply to message #810610 ]
Fri, 15 July 2022 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 14 July 2022 22:08

Wow, somebody is bitter

Put all their faith in a guy that was gonna run from pressure as fast as his legs could carry him. Hilarious that he was even too scared to sign with Jersey. Sounds like they made him a serious offer but I guess Johnny just wanted to hide. What a turd.

Nothing more toxic that what Francis is displaying. Behavior that drives a player out, and then blame the player for leaving when he was part of the problem from the beginning. Good for you Johnny, and best of luck in Columbus.

Re: Summer 2022 Signing/Trade thread [message #810613 is a reply to message #810611 ]
Fri, 15 July 2022 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

I saw parts of the Gaudreau presser and yikes if you are a Flames fan. I don't feel bad for the Flames but I have to think that would have stung for them and the fans. Basically it was "I just didn't want to play in Calgary anymore so I will go to whatever American City that is Michigan east"

Re: Summer 2022 Signing/Trade thread [message #810616 is a reply to message #810611 ]
Fri, 15 July 2022 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

nullterm wrote on Fri, 15 July 2022 00:18

Wow, somebody is bitter

Nothing more toxic that what Francis is displaying. Behavior that drives a player out, and then blame the player for leaving when he was part of the problem from the beginning. Good for you Johnny, and best of luck in Columbus.

ha. seeing how Calgary is an armpit, that guy needs to ease up on the Columbus trashing.

Fact is the city is named after the eccentric TV detective played by Peter Falk in the series known as Colombo(1971-78) and it deserves respect.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Summer 2022 Signing/Trade thread [message #810630 is a reply to message #810611 ]
Fri, 15 July 2022 19:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

nullterm wrote on Fri, 15 July 2022 00:18

Wow, somebody is bitter

Very true. Francis basically called Gaudreau gutless multiple times over the years. I am guessing there's no love lost there and that kind of thing is a factor in a departure. I would expect that there's more to it than just that - Flames players probably hate that guy the way Oilers hate Matheson and Spector - but it is no doubt a factor and one reason why he may not feel he owes anyone much for explanations.

There have also been no shortage of rumours about Gaudreau and partying, including cocaine use in Calgary. He's married now and looking to start a family and maybe part of it is moving away from whatever crowd he was running with before his marriage.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Summer 2022 Signing/Trade thread [message #810641 is a reply to message #810630 ]
Sat, 16 July 2022 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kungpaobenji27  is currently offline kungpaobenji27

No Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 15 July 2022 20:21

There have also been no shortage of rumours about Gaudreau and partying, including cocaine use in Calgary. He's married now and looking to start a family and maybe part of it is moving away from whatever crowd he was running with before his marriage.

Some guys can go through that partying phase of their early 20s playing career while still finding a way to isolate from the past & eventually raise a family in that same location later on.

Someone like Johnny in this case realized that he wasn't capable of raising a family in Calgary while managing the demons of his past.

I still however feel his decision to leave Calgary was a complicated stretched out process as deciding to leave was "spur of the moment" (despite leaning towards it anyways).

After making that decision, he probably realized that "coming home" came with:
1) The stigma of dealing with a very condescending Tri-Cities/east coast sports media conglomerate not withstanding the fanbases.
2) The stigma of "being too close" to family which comes with it's own set of strings attached of not being able to manage those relationships on his own terms (many can relate...least I can).

"If I were in an ideal situation, then everything will be that much better"

^There's a reality behind this subconscious feeling that many have been guilty of deferring to: when you finally get those "ideal cards in your favor," the pressure to hold your end of the bargain amplifies....

Re: Summer 2022 Signing/Trade thread [message #810614 is a reply to message #810610 ]
Fri, 15 July 2022 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 15 July 2022 00:08

Wow, somebody is bitter

And if Johnny really wanted to be "closer to home," his agent would've countered Jersey's 9 million dollar offer with 9.7 million.....

I think there's a ton of misinterpretation about Johnny not wanting to be in Calgary or live in that city which seems to be a crock. If he just wanted out of that city and was willing to sign anywhere, it would've been in a place like Seattle or Arizona...

Dude likely waited last minute bc he really needed time to make that decision as returning wasn't ruled out till the end.....(and likely got creeped out about prospect of competing against Drai/McDavid for several more years).

Speaking of being creeped out, he also probably realized that "going home" would've resulted in relocating to yet another media fish bowl environment with condescending fanbases.....

[Updated on: Fri, 15 July 2022 08:57]

Re: Summer 2022 Signing/Trade thread [message #810621 is a reply to message #809623 ]
Fri, 15 July 2022 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Hell hath no fury like a hockey fan scorned

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Summer 2022 Signing/Trade thread [message #810640 is a reply to message #809623 ]
Sat, 16 July 2022 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Getting pretty quiet on the signings.. not much cap left.. some guys/agents will need to start lowering their expectations.. Bargain bin shopping now with some teams..

Oil are in a good position, the players that aren't getting the love they think they deserve, will see Edmonton as a good option to sign low for a year, rack up points, and cash in next year.. I think these guys will be chasing the Oil now instead of the Oil having to chase the last remaining UFA's and offering more money than they warrant.

Will be getting interesting, number of empty chairs are drying up!
https://c.tenor.com/YlUtnZiG_PgAAAAM/taxme-musical-chairs.gif

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Summer 2022 Signing/Trade thread [message #810651 is a reply to message #810640 ]
Sat, 16 July 2022 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 16 July 2022 11:10

Getting pretty quiet on the signings.. not much cap left.. some guys/agents will need to start lowering their expectations.. Bargain bin shopping now with some teams..

Oil are in a good position, the players that aren't getting the love they think they deserve, will see Edmonton as a good option to sign low for a year, rack up points, and cash in next year.. I think these guys will be chasing the Oil now instead of the Oil having to chase the last remaining UFA's and offering more money than they warrant.

Seeing how we're in a global recession, I can envision the "flat cap" lasting for at least one more UFA offseason....

RFAs will have it tough but franchises with RFA rights have the upper hand in this situation...

Re: Summer 2022 Signing/Trade thread [message #810653 is a reply to message #810651 ]
Sat, 16 July 2022 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

kungpaobenji27 wrote on Sat, 16 July 2022 20:58

Seeing how we're in a global recession, I can envision the "flat cap" lasting for at least one more UFA offseason....

RFAs will have it tough but franchises with RFA rights have the upper hand in this situation...

Agree about next year cap being similar.. maybe +$1M.. and next.. but Bettman figures it'll jump in 24/25.. though he always under promises.. so he'll be a hero if it turns out better.. might be bigger jumps before that.. he'll have pressure from the owners in cap hell.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/news-and-notes-as-nhlpa -agents-meet/
Quote:

• NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman has predicted the players could fully repay their escrow debt to owners by the end of the 2024-25 season. “If you made me bet,” Fehr said, “I would say that’s a reasonable bet.” It would create a salary cap jump for 2025-26.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Summer 2022 Signing/Trade thread [message #810656 is a reply to message #810653 ]
Sun, 17 July 2022 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 16 July 2022 22:24

Agree about next year cap being similar.. maybe +$1M.. and next.. but Bettman figures it'll jump in 24/25.. though he always under promises.. so he'll be a hero if it turns out better.. might be bigger jumps before that.. he'll have pressure from the owners in cap hell.

Quote:

• NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman has predicted the players could fully repay their escrow debt to owners by the end of the 2024-25 season. “If you made me bet,” Fehr said, “I would say that’s a reasonable bet.” It would create a salary cap jump for 2025-26.

All the old school eastern conference US NHL teams with any weight in the league are $4 mil or less in cap right now with players still to sign. I bet they start using some clout over future year cap limits so they aren't choking. Which will also hopefully help us out too immensely with our window of the next 4/5 years.

Re: Summer 2022 Signing/Trade thread [message #810658 is a reply to message #810656 ]
Sun, 17 July 2022 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

nullterm wrote on Sat, 16 July 2022 23:04

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 16 July 2022 22:24

RFAs will have it tough but franchises with RFA rights have the upper hand in this situation.

Quote:

All the old school eastern conference US NHL teams with any weight in the league are $4 mil or less in cap right now with players still to sign. I bet they start using some clout over future year cap limits so they aren't choking. Which will also hopefully help us out too immensely with our window of the next 4/5 years.

Exactly how I see it unfolding as well.. the wealthy, Tier 1 franchises can't restrain their spending.. .. Gary's puppet strings will be yanked pretty hard..icon_nod

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Summer 2022 Signing/Trade thread [message #810665 is a reply to message #810658 ]
Sun, 17 July 2022 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Sun, 17 July 2022 01:27

Quote:

[/quote]

Exactly how I see it unfolding as well.. the wealthy, Tier 1 franchises can't restrain their spending.. .. Gary's puppet strings will be yanked pretty hard..icon_nod [/quote]

Not a Tier 1 EC team....but how in the world is Columbus in cap hell? Super thin on the right side of their D (except Gudbranson's 4 mil cap hit for the THIRD PAIRING). Not enough space to resign Laine at this point....

Yes I get Werenski and Voracek annual hits are an albatross...but still...not enough quality depth to be way against the cap.

Re: Summer 2022 Signing/Trade thread [message #810732 is a reply to message #810665 ]
Tue, 19 July 2022 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Eric Francis basically drove Gaudreau out and blasted him for leaving.

Now Francis is saying that Tkachuk will be traded on mutual desire within the week on a STL radio station.

We really broke the Flames.

Quote:

Mark Scheig @markscheig · 1h
Eric Francis today on 101 ESPN in St. Louis said that he expects a possible Matthew Tkachuk trade to be wrapped up within the week. He said it was clear to him the two are parting ways.

Wow.

Re: Summer 2022 Signing/Trade thread [message #810733 is a reply to message #810732 ]
Tue, 19 July 2022 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
McDavid97  is currently offline McDavid97

No Cups

nullterm wrote on Tue, 19 July 2022 14:19

Now Francis is saying that Tkachuk will be traded on mutual desire within the week on a STL radio station.

Quote:

Eric Francis today on 101 ESPN in St. Louis said that he expects a possible Matthew Tkachuk trade to be wrapped up within the week. He said it was clear to him the two are parting ways.

Wow.

Reminds me of Pronger leaving Edmonton, not good times for Calgary. We broke them in the playoffs.

Re: Summer 2022 Signing/Trade thread [message #810734 is a reply to message #810733 ]
Tue, 19 July 2022 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

McDavid97 wrote on Tue, 19 July 2022 13:20

nullterm wrote on Tue, 19 July 2022 14:19

Quote:

Wow.

Reminds me of Pronger leaving Edmonton, not good times for Calgary. We broke them in the playoffs.

Losing two 100+ point players in the same offseason is mind boggling. One without any assets in return.

Re: Summer 2022 Signing/Trade thread [message #810735 is a reply to message #810734 ]
Tue, 19 July 2022 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon_Matt  is currently offline Dragon_Matt

No Cups

I am officially not sad. Maybe Tkachuk wants to go somewhere he gets to play against Kassian more often.

Re: Summer 2022 Signing/Trade thread [message #810736 is a reply to message #810735 ]
Tue, 19 July 2022 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

Dragon_Matt wrote on Tue, 19 July 2022 14:50

I am officially not sad. Maybe Tkachuk wants to go somewhere he gets to play against Kassian more often.

Hate Calgary. Don’t like Tkachuk.

All being said…..send him to rot in Arizona and he can play with Kassian. The pure chaos surrounding that deal would be great Twitter fodder. Chychrun is a starting point.

Re: Summer 2022 Signing/Trade thread [message #810741 is a reply to message #810736 ]
Wed, 20 July 2022 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

No Cups

inverno76 wrote on Tue, 19 July 2022 16:34

All being said…..send him to rot in Arizona and he can play with Kassian. The pure chaos surrounding that deal would be great Twitter fodder. Chychrun is a starting point.

Unpopular opinion on a league wide level...but I don't think Tkachuk is that great of a player. For a guy who's a hard working goal scorer & agitator....he somehow seems to lack intangibles of being in the right place at the right time?

If Gaudreau were still in Calgary (driver of that first line), yeah I could see Tkachuk wanting to come back....but I feel for any team that actually trades for him. One of my buddies who grew up in St. Louis absolutely hated Keith Tkachuk as he was a guy that constantly used hardball tactics in selling himself for way more than his actual worth....while far from having the best work ethic. I see a bit of this in Matthew as well...

If I were the Flamers, I'd want to sell Tkachuk as well. His comments about the Oilers "just having 1 player" were irreconcilably self-deprecating as you ain't goin far with a leader possessing that kind of mentality. Provided Treliving doesn't blow this, the return should be optimal.

Re: Summer 2022 Signing/Trade thread [message #810747 is a reply to message #810741 ]
Wed, 20 July 2022 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WhoreableGuy  is currently offline WhoreableGuy

No Cups

kungpaobenji27 wrote on Wed, 20 July 2022 07:13

inverno76 wrote on Tue, 19 July 2022 16:34

Unpopular opinion on a league wide level...but I don't think Tkachuk is that great of a player. For a guy who's a hard working goal scorer & agitator....he somehow seems to lack intangibles of being in the right place at the right time?

If Gaudreau were still in Calgary (driver of that first line), yeah I could see Tkachuk wanting to come back....but I feel for any team that actually trades for him. One of my buddies who grew up in St. Louis absolutely hated Keith Tkachuk as he was a guy that constantly used hardball tactics in selling himself for way more than his actual worth....while far from having the best work ethic. I see a bit of this in Matthew as well...

If I were the Flamers, I'd want to sell Tkachuk as well. His comments about the Oilers "just having 1 player" were irreconcilably self-deprecating as you ain't goin far with a leader possessing that kind of mentality. Provided Treliving doesn't blow this, the return should be optimal.

I’ve always said this about Calgary, they are a tough regular season team. When the playoffs come and the whistles are put away they always struggle dealing with the cheap shots after the whistle because this time the teams are giving it back. We have seen how a guy like Tkachuk crumbles when he gets a taste of some of the rough stuff. Rasmus Anderson is even worse, just a small guy who’s not even tough chirping like he’s 6 foot 5.

I don’t care for the “we need both Alberta teams to do well for good hockey!”, I’m in the boat where I want to see them mediocre for the rest of my existence on this planet. Screw the Flames.

"Bah Gawd! Would somebody stop the damn draft!"

- Jim Ross calling the NHL Draft Lotto 2015 as the Oilers win

Pages (7): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Is Ovechkin the Greatest Goal Scorer of All Time?
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca