This day on April 23
None

Happy Birthday To: Ramone, Giant Moo, mogal, booyaka!, Blue Thunder, BDR1

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Pregame: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #2)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Pregame: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #2) [message #808139]
Thu, 02 June 2022 02:00 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final
Score Prediction
Login To Make Your Prediction

Edmonton to win: 0%
Colorado to win: 0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

2021-22P Regular Season
Tuesday, May 31, 2022Edmonton 6 @ Colorado 8Loss
Thursday, June 2, 2022Edmonton 0 @ Colorado 4Loss
Saturday, June 4, 2022Colorado 4 @ Edmonton 2Loss
Monday, June 6, 2022Colorado 6 @ Edmonton 5 (OT)Loss
Home Record: 0-1-1       Road Record: 0-2-0       Overall Record: 0-3-1
Home / Road Goals For: 7/6 Total: 13
Home / Road Goals Against: 10/12 Total: 22

2020-21 Regular Season
Home Record: 0-0-0       Road Record: 0-0-0       Overall Record: 0-0-0
Home / Road Goals For: 0/0 Total: 0
Home / Road Goals Against: 0/0 Total: 0

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #2) [message #808140 is a reply to message #808139 ]
Thu, 02 June 2022 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

Be Better

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #2) [message #808141 is a reply to message #808140 ]
Thu, 02 June 2022 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clutchlikeeberle  is currently offline clutchlikeeberle

No Cups

Please sit Nurse and Archy. Please. Nurse has been our worst D all year.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #2) [message #808142 is a reply to message #808141 ]
Thu, 02 June 2022 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

clutchlikeeberle wrote on Thu, 02 June 2022 06:38

Please sit Nurse and Archy. Please. Nurse has been our worst D all year.

Can't sit him as we don't really have many better options, but certainly consider going 7D to limit his minutes a bit more.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #2) [message #808143 is a reply to message #808142 ]
Thu, 02 June 2022 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

No Cups

Yeah, I'd run with 7D, and maybe try to get Kulak to match against MacKinnon since he's currently our best skating D.
We have a bunch of forwards who could easily cover the extra minutes.

Hopefully we pay a little more attention to defense this game.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #2) [message #808161 is a reply to message #808143 ]
Thu, 02 June 2022 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Thu, 02 June 2022 06:54

Yeah, I'd run with 7D, and maybe try to get Kulak to match against MacKinnon since he's currently our best skating D.
We have a bunch of forwards who could easily cover the extra minutes.

Hopefully we pay a little more attention to defense this game.

Yea... Nurse is not sitting. He's definitely hurting though. Less minutes is needed.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #2) [message #808144 is a reply to message #808139 ]
Thu, 02 June 2022 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

Bounce back. Gotta have it.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #2) [message #808145 is a reply to message #808144 ]
Thu, 02 June 2022 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

I would like to see the Oilers swap Kulak and Nurse and put Kulak and Ceci up against Mackinnon. Nurse is doing the best he can but the guy is clearly hurt. Most people wouldn't walk to their mailbox if they slightly pulled a muscle so I've been amazed at what he's done considering he supposedly needs surgery on something in his core. I'd also consider dressing 7 dmen just to take a few mins from him.

Big game. The boys need to come out on time. Their easing their way into games can't continue especially the big guns.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #2) [message #808148 is a reply to message #808145 ]
Thu, 02 June 2022 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 02 June 2022 08:41

I would like to see the Oilers swap Kulak and Nurse and put Kulak and Ceci up against Mackinnon. Nurse is doing the best he can but the guy is clearly hurt. Most people wouldn't walk to their mailbox if they slightly pulled a muscle so I've been amazed at what he's done considering he supposedly needs surgery on something in his core. I'd also consider dressing 7 dmen just to take a few mins from him.

Big game. The boys need to come out on time. Their easing their way into games can't continue especially the big guns.

I dunno. If you're playing far below your normal level due to injury, where is the line when you just sit out. Like at what point is Darnell still better than a replacement? Because if everyone moves up a slot in your lineup, the drop off isn't from #1 dman to #7 dman, it's only the difference between the current third pair guy and the one in the press box.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #2) [message #808149 is a reply to message #808148 ]
Thu, 02 June 2022 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Thu, 02 June 2022 10:02

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 02 June 2022 08:41

I dunno. If you're playing far below your normal level due to injury, where is the line when you just sit out. Like at what point is Darnell still better than a replacement? Because if everyone moves up a slot in your lineup, the drop off isn't from #1 dman to #7 dman, it's only the difference between the current third pair guy and the one in the press box.

Nurse is still better than replacement, especially since the most likely replacement is Kris Russell. Philip Broberg might be a better choice but the coach isn't showing that he's likely to buck conventional wisdom and play youth. I think he's more scared to lose gambling than "playing it safe".

Ideally, Nurse plays less against the top opposition and smaller minutes if he's hurt. We're in Colorado, so really as the away team, it's mostly going to be the latter - the Avs can make sure he sees good competition with last change. I don't think he's 100%, but also don't think he's completely useless right now either.

If I'm pulling someone out, it's more likely Duncan Keith, who's struggling with advanced age more than injury.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #2) [message #808151 is a reply to message #808149 ]
Thu, 02 June 2022 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon_Matt  is currently offline Dragon_Matt

No Cups

old age does give you brain farts. like how every two on one he's faced with, he doesn't take the shooter out or the pass. Just sits in the middle, not even dropping down to cut off the passing lane effectively making it a two on 0.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #2) [message #808150 is a reply to message #808139 ]
Thu, 02 June 2022 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilfan94  is currently offline oilfan94

No Cups

Sounds like Kuemper is out for game 2 and so we'll play Francouz. He has really good regular season numbers in his career, but is only .889 in the playoffs this year. Need to take advantage while we can.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #2) [message #808154 is a reply to message #808150 ]
Thu, 02 June 2022 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

oilfan94 wrote on Thu, 02 June 2022 10:18

Sounds like Kuemper is out for game 2 and so we'll play Francouz. He has really good regular season numbers in his career, but is only .889 in the playoffs this year. Need to take advantage while we can.

Just look at hs game logs. Most starts are against non-playoff teams who the Avs can steamroll. This is a huge opportunity for the Oilers.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #2) [message #808155 is a reply to message #808139 ]
Thu, 02 June 2022 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Light up Francouz early, make him get some doubt bouncing around in his head.. let it snowball into an avalanche..

Boys need to stay out of their own end.. forecheck hard and finish all checks on the skilled Av Defense.. .. Byrum.. Makar.. Toews..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #2) [message #808156 is a reply to message #808155 ]
Thu, 02 June 2022 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

In my opinion, this team rightly or wrongly decides how it's going to play based on how McD comes out early. If McD comes out in his first few shifts flying, finishing his checks and playing how he is supposed to defensively, the rest follow suit. If McD comes out sluggish, if he doesn't finish his checks, doing all the little things or if he is loose defensively, like he was I felt for the first period last game, the team follows his lead.

I get he's their best player and playing the right way defensively and coming firing first shift for the whole team, shouldn't be contingent on how 1 guy does, but for this team it appears to be the case. McD has to come out playing sound hockey first shift to set the tone.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #2) [message #808160 is a reply to message #808155 ]
Thu, 02 June 2022 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

They're going to score, I have no doubt in that, I just hope they don't fall asleep immediately afterward. Clean that part up and they can fly (fly-bus-fly) back to Edmonton tied.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #2) [message #808162 is a reply to message #808160 ]
Thu, 02 June 2022 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

Suomalainen wrote on Thu, 02 June 2022 12:45

They're going to score, I have no doubt in that, I just hope they don't fall asleep immediately afterward. Clean that part up and they can fly (fly-bus-fly) back to Edmonton tied.

No doubt. Take a man. Tie someone up.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #2) [message #808165 is a reply to message #808162 ]
Thu, 02 June 2022 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Thu, 02 June 2022 14:47

Gotta tighten gaps, quick. You can beat their team speed with pressure. It’s funny saying this with McDavid an Oiler, but the Avs win if this series is a track meet.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #2) [message #808166 is a reply to message #808165 ]
Thu, 02 June 2022 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 02 June 2022 15:24

inverno76 wrote on Thu, 02 June 2022 14:47

Gotta tighten gaps, quick. You can beat their team speed with pressure. It’s funny saying this with McDavid an Oiler, but the Avs win if this series is a track meet.

If that's the case, any GM who knew the path to the Cup likely went through Denver would probably make goaltending and defence a focus.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #2) [message #808158 is a reply to message #808139 ]
Thu, 02 June 2022 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Must take it to Francouz early and often. Don’t make him look like Hasek

Muuuust come back to YEG all square

LFGOOOOILERS

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #2) [message #808159 is a reply to message #808158 ]
Thu, 02 June 2022 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 02 June 2022 12:41

Must take it to Francouz early and often. Don’t make him look like Hasek

Muuuust come back to YEG all square

LFGOOOOILERS

This underdog thing with Francouz could be trouble. Would have preferred Kuemper to just keep sucking, but Francouz becomes a wildcard. Hope we can get to him.

Heads out of butts after scoring goals tonight please. That's a musty must.

[Updated on: Thu, 02 June 2022 12:47]

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #2) [message #808169 is a reply to message #808139 ]
Thu, 02 June 2022 17:26 Go to previous message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

If Smith let’s in a couple softies, I hope Woody yanks him.

I thought Koskinen looked totally dialed in Tuesday.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Previous Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #2)
Next Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #1)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca