Friday, April 2, 2021Calgary 2 @ Edmonton 3Win
Saturday, April 10, 2021Edmonton 0 @ Calgary 5Loss
Thursday, April 29, 2021Calgary 3 @ Edmonton 1Loss
Saturday, May 1, 2021Calgary 1 @ Edmonton 4Win
Home Record: 4-1-0       Road Record: 2-3-0       Overall Record: 6-4-0
Home / Road Goals For: 18/16 Total: 34
Home / Road Goals Against: 9/19 Total: 28

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #5) [message #807404 is a reply to message #807403 ]
Thu, 26 May 2022 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Potential Flames elimination night and no one posts before my first coffee? Outrageous!

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #5) [message #807407 is a reply to message #807404 ]
Thu, 26 May 2022 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 26 May 2022 08:40

Potential Flames elimination night and no one posts before my first coffee? Outrageous!

This is directed at you Oscargasm

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #5) [message #807405 is a reply to message #807403 ]
Thu, 26 May 2022 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

Finish them!!

Clean house or bust

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #5) [message #807406 is a reply to message #807405 ]
Thu, 26 May 2022 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

smyth260 wrote on Thu, 26 May 2022 08:42

Finish them!!

Puljujarvi can Finnish them.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #5) [message #807408 is a reply to message #807406 ]
Thu, 26 May 2022 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sinfulchimp306  is currently offline sinfulchimp306

No Cups

Ha I see what you did there

Formerly gagnerisgod.
PLAY LABAMBA BABY

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #5) [message #807409 is a reply to message #807403 ]
Thu, 26 May 2022 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sinfulchimp306  is currently offline sinfulchimp306

No Cups

Tonight's gonna be tough! The must at an all time high.

Formerly gagnerisgod.
PLAY LABAMBA BABY

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #5) [message #807410 is a reply to message #807409 ]
Thu, 26 May 2022 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

I expect the Flames to come out extremely hard tonight early especially. I expect them to run around a bunch. I looked at Lucic's stats and he had zero hits last game and then I saw him interviewed I assume yesterday and they say he had 7 hits total for the series which shocked me. So I expect him to run around a bit.

The Oilers will need to weather the storm. Smith can't let in any soft ones. It's going to be a tough, tough game. I have said it before, based on everything I hear when I compare Calgary radio to Edmonton radio, I think Calgary takes the whole Alberta rivalry more serious. I think it's similar to how the little brother so badly wants to beat his bigger brother who dominates him all the time. So they will not want to lose and be eliminated on home ice.

This would be a great time for JP and all his supposedly good spreadsheet stats like expect goals and whatever possession stats he supposedly has to result in a physical goal by him that counts on the scoreboard.

[Updated on: Thu, 26 May 2022 09:08]

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #5) [message #807411 is a reply to message #807403 ]
Thu, 26 May 2022 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

LET'S GO OILERS!!!

Calgary feeling good about their loss the other night...it's time to crush them. I live to see the sad, shocked expressions of the fans of our opponents after their elimination!

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #5) [message #807412 is a reply to message #807403 ]
Thu, 26 May 2022 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Picture this. Close your eyes and picture this.

You’re in front of a tv. It’s off. Screen black. It’s dark. You blink. You blink again. You hear a faint voice. You blink. You hear the voice again. You can’t make out what it’s saying. The pace of which you blink is quickening. You’re looking around. Still dark. You hear the voice again. The voice clearly says the letter M. You blink. The voice booms U. You stop blinking. You hear S. You take in a deep breath. Pause. MUS? You exhale. You’ve yet to blink since the deep breath in.. you feel the urge to blink but your eyes won’t close. You hear a T. You quickly take in a large breath. The voice booms. MUST. MUST. MUST. The tv FLASHES on. The voice still booming. MUST. MUST. MUST. You see Wes McCauley on the tv. He’s standing at Centre ice. The voice stops. You blink. Wes booms, IM REFFING THIS MUSTY GAME!

You snap out of it. The lights are on. Your pants have launched and the Oily boys are taking it to the flames!

LFGOILERS

THIS MEANS MUST

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #5) [message #807413 is a reply to message #807412 ]
Thu, 26 May 2022 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Uncle Kenny should tell Nuge that even though he knows it will be late, he will buy Nuge a blizzard if he keeps it rolling from last game.

JP can get whatever pizza he wants and he doesn't even have to share with anyone if he comes out with a big game. It can be all his.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #5) [message #807419 is a reply to message #807413 ]
Thu, 26 May 2022 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 26 May 2022 09:55

Uncle Kenny should tell Nuge that even though he knows it will be late, he will buy Nuge a blizzard if he keeps it rolling from last game.

JP can get whatever pizza he wants and he doesn't even have to share with anyone if he comes out with a big game. It can be all his.

I'd probably have a good day at work if someone offered me a large pizza that I didn't have to share. I'd either get a big old thin new york pepperoni or a specialty from Campio. Man what a night that would be.

By the way, why don't we have a legit chicago deep dish in Edmonton? I've never had pizza soup (it looks like pizza soup to me) and I feel like I'm missing out.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #5) [message #807421 is a reply to message #807419 ]
Thu, 26 May 2022 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 26 May 2022 11:03

I'd probably have a good day at work if someone offered me a large pizza that I didn't have to share. I'd either get a big old thin new york pepperoni or a specialty from Campio. Man what a night that would be.

By the way, why don't we have a legit chicago deep dish in Edmonton? I've never had pizza soup (it looks like pizza soup to me) and I feel like I'm missing out.

Think I know what supper is tonight now, thanks Pi

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #5) [message #807422 is a reply to message #807421 ]
Thu, 26 May 2022 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 26 May 2022 11:18

Pizza? On a game night? Is that even allowed? Pretty sure that evening pairs well with a beer.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #5) [message #807425 is a reply to message #807422 ]
Thu, 26 May 2022 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 26 May 2022 11:21

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 26 May 2022 11:18

Pizza? On a game night? Is that even allowed? Pretty sure that evening pairs well with a beer.

Pizza, with beer. It’s a Must.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #5) [message #807423 is a reply to message #807419 ]
Thu, 26 May 2022 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

Legit Chicago deep dish is amazing, although it's more like a meat pie than a pizza. Giordano's in Chicago (or Vegas on the strip) is where I've had it. A medium pizza fed four grown men.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #5) [message #807428 is a reply to message #807423 ]
Thu, 26 May 2022 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Thu, 26 May 2022 11:25

Legit Chicago deep dish is amazing, although it's more like a meat pie than a pizza. Giordano's in Chicago (or Vegas on the strip) is where I've had it. A medium pizza fed four grown men.

While maybe not true Chicago Deep Dish, Campio's pizzas are pretty delicious. I really enjoy the PBJ (Pineapple, Bacon & Jalapeno) even if it makes me cry a little.

I do miss the Rose Bowl though. Best Edmonton pizza ever, and it breaks my heart that they just closed up shop because the family was ready to throw in the towel...I wish they'd sold to someone so the recipes could live on!

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #5) [message #807429 is a reply to message #807428 ]
Thu, 26 May 2022 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 26 May 2022 13:18

While maybe not true Chicago Deep Dish, Campio's pizzas are pretty delicious. I really enjoy the PBJ (Pineapple, Bacon & Jalapeno) even if it makes me cry a little.

I do miss the Rose Bowl though. Best Edmonton pizza ever, and it breaks my heart that they just closed up shop because the family was ready to throw in the towel...I wish they'd sold to someone so the recipes could live on!

PBJ sounds amazing. Making me wet over here. My mouth and chin, sicko.

Campio is going to gain a new customer.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #5) [message #807430 is a reply to message #807429 ]
Thu, 26 May 2022 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 26 May 2022 13:45

They have good beer too :) Campio is (apparently) Detroit style pizza. Rectangle shaped, thick but crispy crust. It is very good. They have one that's called the McDavid something or other that's basically a Big Mac on a pizza. Great place to eat before or after a game. Still though, it's not a chicago pizza meat pie.

Now wipe your chin, you've got a game to get ready for.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #5) [message #807431 is a reply to message #807430 ]
Thu, 26 May 2022 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 26 May 2022 14:01

They have good beer too :) Campio is (apparently) Detroit style pizza. Rectangle shaped, thick but crispy crust. It is very good. They have one that's called the McDavid something or other that's basically a Big Mac on a pizza. Great place to eat before or after a game. Still though, it's not a chicago pizza meat pie.

I mean even bad pizza is good pizza. It’s like a … ahem… pant launching.

IM READY

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #5) [message #807432 is a reply to message #807431 ]
Thu, 26 May 2022 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 26 May 2022 14:33

IM READY

Steady on, lad. You've still got five hours. Pace yourself.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #5) [message #807433 is a reply to message #807432 ]
Thu, 26 May 2022 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 26 May 2022 14:36

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 26 May 2022 14:33

IM READY

Steady on, lad. You've still got five hours. Pace yourself.

It’s a Musty pace that I’ve established

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #5) [message #807437 is a reply to message #807428 ]
Thu, 26 May 2022 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feepa  is currently offline feepa

No Cups

Agreed on best pizza. Use to get it far too often when I lived in the core.

Now I'm out in the burbs - in the SW - Best Bite Pizza makes a pretty good Rosebowl Special. Most of their pizza is cut of the same good ness, but if Rosebowl was a 10/10, Best Bite would be 9.5/10

I think I know what I'm having for supper tonight too. I hope the Oilers are as hungry for a win tonight to seal the deal as we all seem to be for pizza now.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #5) [message #807452 is a reply to message #807437 ]
Thu, 26 May 2022 19:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stemhovlichski  is currently offline stemhovlichski

No Cups

feepa wrote on Thu, 26 May 2022 15:16

Agreed on best pizza. Use to get it far too often when I lived in the core.

Now I'm out in the burbs - in the SW - Best Bite Pizza makes a pretty good Rosebowl Special. Most of their pizza is cut of the same good ness, but if Rosebowl was a 10/10, Best Bite would be 9.5/10

I think I know what I'm having for supper tonight too. I hope the Oilers are as hungry for a win tonight to seal the deal as we all seem to be for pizza now.

Rosebowl Chef's Mistake, a schooner of Drummond, parmesan and chili flakes please. 30 minutes to make and don't get impatient or Janice will kick your a$$. Mike McDonald singin' in the corner, regulars sleeping in their beers, smoky haze through the bar, Matt Dunnigan or Mark Messier eating 'za on the restaurant side. What a great period in Edmonton history. I remember it well. icon_biggrin

3 more great periods needed!!!!

Restored: "We're sucking hind banana here." - Pat Quinn, Jan 18, 2010

"...the Oilers have been rebuilding for so long that it’s hard not to be cynical." - NBC's Ryan Dadoun Jan 2, 2015

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #5) [message #807453 is a reply to message #807452 ]
Thu, 26 May 2022 19:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leia  is currently offline Leia

No Cups

This will be a day long remembered. It has seen the end of the Flames, and will soon see the start of Kenobi....

May the force be with the Oilers to defeat the Flames once more.

If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #5) [message #807434 is a reply to message #807423 ]
Thu, 26 May 2022 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

There is a new place called The High Dough in the city that makes a damn good deep dish pie that I tried out last weekend. If Pool Party gets a pizza, it should be from that place, because he will love it.

[Updated on: Thu, 26 May 2022 14:50]

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #5) [message #807449 is a reply to message #807412 ]
Thu, 26 May 2022 18:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 26 May 2022 09:49

You’re in front of a tv. It’s off. Screen black. It’s dark. You blink. You blink again. You hear a faint voice. You blink. You hear the voice again. You can’t make out what it’s saying. The pace of which you blink is quickening. You’re looking around. Still dark. You hear the voice again. The voice clearly says the letter M. You blink. The voice booms U. You stop blinking. You hear S. You take in a deep breath. Pause. MUS? You exhale. You’ve yet to blink since the deep breath in.. you feel the urge to blink but your eyes won’t close. You hear a T. You quickly take in a large breath. The voice booms. MUST. MUST. MUST. The tv FLASHES on. The voice still booming. MUST. MUST. MUST. You see Wes McCauley on the tv. He’s standing at Centre ice. The voice stops. You blink. Wes booms, IM REFFING THIS MUSTY GAME!

You snap out of it. The lights are on. Your pants have launched and the Oily boys are taking it to the flames!

LFGOILERS

THIS MEANS MUST

Thank you for the mindfulness exercise. I was there and in the moment.

LFG!!!!

End this tonight and let’s see some handshakes.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #5) [message #807450 is a reply to message #807449 ]
Thu, 26 May 2022 18:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

Slowest day ever. I woke up 87 hours ago this morning and there’s still an hour left to game time. What’s up with that???

LFG!!!!! Would love nothing more than us completely blowing them out in their own barn. No need for high drama from me tonight.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #5) [message #807451 is a reply to message #807449 ]
Thu, 26 May 2022 18:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Thu, 26 May 2022 18:12

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 26 May 2022 09:49

LFGOILERS

THIS MEANS MUST

Thank you for the mindfulness exercise. I was there and in the moment.

LFG!!!!

End this tonight and let’s see some handshakes.

Thank you, for participating in this exercise.

Oddly enough, that’s what I would say to Lucic and Tkachuk in a handshake tonight.

LFGOOOOILERS!!!

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #5) [message #807415 is a reply to message #807403 ]
Thu, 26 May 2022 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Tim Peel tweeted;
Officials for @NHLFlames vs @EdmontonOilers
#4 Wes McCauley #27 Eric Furlatt #50 Scott Cherrey #94 Bryan Pancich Standby #10 Kyle Rehman

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #5) [message #807417 is a reply to message #807415 ]
Thu, 26 May 2022 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 26 May 2022 10:03

Tim Peel tweeted;
Officials for @NHLFlames vs @EdmontonOilers
#4 Wes McCauley #27 Eric Furlatt #50 Scott Cherrey #94 Bryan Pancich Standby #10 Kyle Rehman

Is that good or bad? I know McCauley is supposedly the best ref but I hope that doesn't mean the game will be a gladiator arena tonight. I don't enjoy that style of hockey.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #5) [message #807418 is a reply to message #807403 ]
Thu, 26 May 2022 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

End this tonight, and let some injuries heal. I wonder who will be the one player tonight while everyone else is just a bunch of nobodys.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #5) [message #807435 is a reply to message #807403 ]
Thu, 26 May 2022 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Come on Oilers!!

https://c.tenor.com/a3DOY_-r3dcAAAAC/yeah-you-can-do-it.gif

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #5) [message #807436 is a reply to message #807435 ]
Thu, 26 May 2022 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

I am not 100% sure they will win this game as Calgary will come out real hard I am assuming but man is it nice to just need 1 win vs 3. When you have McD on your team, I wouldn't bet against him getting 1 win in the next 3 on his own.

I am pumped!

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #5) [message #807439 is a reply to message #807403 ]
Thu, 26 May 2022 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Get this done tonight boys. Sure they need 3 in a row, but we got 3 to get here so it's possible. They're viewing these as single games if they're doing it right, and their odds improve with every win.

Strong game throughout the lineup from start to finish and these dirtbags are eliminated. Make it happen, whatever it takes. LFG.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #5) [message #807440 is a reply to message #807403 ]
Thu, 26 May 2022 15:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Go Oil! Snuff the Flames!

Ride this bronc into the ground!!
https://miro.medium.com/max/960/1*-msprOqXmhoCOUtubAe5pQ.gif

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #5) [message #807442 is a reply to message #807440 ]
Thu, 26 May 2022 16:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Brass Tactics, the band that is awesome and plays at Oilers games, is wandering around downtown right now making fun noise. Could be a fun evening down here.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #5) [message #807443 is a reply to message #807442 ]
Thu, 26 May 2022 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skoobz  is currently offline Skoobz

No Cups

Time to bury the scumbags in their own barn.

5 point night for Connor. Oilers win 7-4

"[It was] really cool to throw on the Oilers gear, the gear that I want to play the rest of my life wearing. It was pretty cool to put it on. With all the history, it was a lot of fun." - Connor McDavid, July 1, 2015

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #5) [message #807444 is a reply to message #807443 ]
Thu, 26 May 2022 16:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sloiler  is currently offline sloiler

No Cups

My wife who never makes game predictions, out of the blue this morning said she thinks this is going to be a blow out game, the Oilers are going to get blown out.

Anyone know a good Divorce Attorney?

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #5) [message #807445 is a reply to message #807444 ]
Thu, 26 May 2022 16:40 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

3 Cups

sloiler wrote on Thu, 26 May 2022 16:34

My wife who never makes game predictions, out of the blue this morning said she thinks this is going to be a blow out game, the Oilers are going to get blown out.

Anyone know a good Divorce Attorney?

Is she a Flames fan? If she is, my question is how did you even ask her to marry you? icon_lol

I asked my wife when we were dating who she cheered for early on and if she said Flames, I would have had to think about it.

Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #5)
Next Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #5)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca