Friday, April 2, 2021Calgary 2 @ Edmonton 3Win
Saturday, April 10, 2021Edmonton 0 @ Calgary 5Loss
Thursday, April 29, 2021Calgary 3 @ Edmonton 1Loss
Saturday, May 1, 2021Calgary 1 @ Edmonton 4Win
Home Record: 4-1-0       Road Record: 2-3-0       Overall Record: 6-4-0
Home / Road Goals For: 18/16 Total: 34
Home / Road Goals Against: 9/19 Total: 28

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #807182 is a reply to message #807180 ]
Tue, 24 May 2022 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

LFG!!! Keep it going boys! Don't really need to change much up - keep finishing your checks and keep the pedal to the metal.

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #807183 is a reply to message #807180 ]
Tue, 24 May 2022 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

Calgary is going to come at us with guns’a’blazing tonight.

Love for a repeat of game 3, but it’s going take another team effort and some superhuman McDavid scoring.

LFG!!!! Put a nail in their coffin tonight.

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #807184 is a reply to message #807180 ]
Tue, 24 May 2022 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

Survive the early push, and then let the doubt creep back in. Would love this one.

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #807185 is a reply to message #807184 ]
Tue, 24 May 2022 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

I am loving all the talk from Calgary. I watched a few of their post games, I tuned into the radio this morning. It's all about McD. They have it firmly in their minds that all they have to do is stop McD. They think that if you limit/stop McD's line, they cruise.

I find it interesting and I wonder if some of the rest of the team feels disrespected by the Flames comments. Hyman has been great and has 4 goals. Kane has been damn good. Scored 3 in the 1 game but has came close a ton. Leon one 1 legs actually has 1 more pt than McD and has missed MANY chances. Yamo has a goal. Keith and Bouchard have goals. I am ready to pull out my hair over the amount of times Nuge misses wide open nets but he's getting chances. JP looks like he has a pulse which is nice.

Has McD been great? 100%. Have some of his linemates benefited? Absolutely. But other guys are playing well AND with all their supposed superior depth, when McD isn't on the ice, the rest of the lines aren't scoring much. So even if the Oilers 3rd and 4th lines aren't filling the net, they are not giving up a lot of goals.

Big game tonight. I suspect the Flames will come out with their best effort. I am guessing they try to run the Oilers which I am fine with. Sutter and his old school style of beat you to your knees hockey that is looking outdated, plays well into the Oilers hands. I really, really hope the Oilers don't do what the Blues did last night and chase Lucic around. Let Lucic be, the more he is on the ice, the better it is for the Oilers.

[Updated on: Tue, 24 May 2022 08:53]

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #807187 is a reply to message #807185 ]
Tue, 24 May 2022 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leia  is currently offline Leia

No Cups

Off to work and then straight to bed when I get in so that I can be up to watch the game. If we can perform as we have done and don't dive to the depths that was game 4 in the last series we'll all be happy.

If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #807188 is a reply to message #807187 ]
Tue, 24 May 2022 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Oscar must (intentional) be out looking for his pants right now because he hasn't turned up to give us the game day Must Report. Very musty? Super musty? Extraordinarily musty? How do we know?

Against the Kings, the Oilers looked large and in charge after going up 2-1 then LA made their adjustments and completely dominated game 4. Tonight isn't quite the pivotal scenario game 5 becomes, but going up 3-1 would sure as heck make life easier. The Oilers should do that and go up 3-1 by winning tonight. This is an official Pi recommendation.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #807190 is a reply to message #807188 ]
Tue, 24 May 2022 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Tue, 24 May 2022 09:35

Oscar must (intentional) be out looking for his pants right now because he hasn't turned up to give us the game day Must Report. Very musty? Super musty? Extraordinarily musty? How do we know?

Against the Kings, the Oilers looked large and in charge after going up 2-1 then LA made their adjustments and completely dominated game 4. Tonight isn't quite the pivotal scenario game 5 becomes, but going up 3-1 would sure as heck make life easier. The Oilers should do that and go up 3-1 by winning tonight. This is an official Pi recommendation.

I thought in the Kings series after whipping the Kings 6-0 and 8-2 in game 4, I thought the Oilers came out thinking the series was pretty much done expecting the Kings to roll over and die. So they didn't bring much in the way of an effort and let the Kings take it to them. The Oilers said they learned valuable lessons, we shall see.

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #807191 is a reply to message #807185 ]
Tue, 24 May 2022 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

No Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 24 May 2022 11:41

I am loving all the talk from Calgary. I watched a few of their post games, I tuned into the radio this morning. It's all about McD. They have it firmly in their minds that all they have to do is stop McD. They think that if you limit/stop McD's line, they cruise.

I find it interesting and I wonder if some of the rest of the team feels disrespected by the Flames comments. Hyman has been great and has 4 goals. Kane has been damn good. Scored 3 in the 1 game but has came close a ton. Leon one 1 legs actually has 1 more pt than McD and has missed MANY chances. Yamo has a goal. Keith and Bouchard have goals. I am ready to pull out my hair over the amount of times Nuge misses wide open nets but he's getting chances. JP looks like he has a pulse which is nice.

Has McD been great? 100%. Have some of his linemates benefited? Absolutely. But other guys are playing well AND with all their supposed superior depth, when McD isn't on the ice, the rest of the lines aren't scoring much. So even if the Oilers 3rd and 4th lines aren't filling the net, they are not giving up a lot of goals.

Big game tonight. I suspect the Flames will come out with their best effort. I am guessing they try to run the Oilers which I am fine with. Sutter and his old school style of beat you to your knees hockey that is looking outdated, plays well into the Oilers hands. I really, really hope the Oilers don't do what the Blues did last night and chase Lucic around. Let Lucic be, the more he is on the ice, the better it is for the Oilers.

JP has been absolutely phenomenal at keeping plays alive, stealing pucks & just generally being really tenacious on the forecheck and a pain in the butt to play against. Yeah it'd be nice if he put up a few more points, but for me he has been one of our unsung heroes this series.

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #807192 is a reply to message #807191 ]
Tue, 24 May 2022 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Tue, 24 May 2022 10:04

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 24 May 2022 11:41

JP has been absolutely phenomenal at keeping plays alive, stealing pucks & just generally being really tenacious on the forecheck and a pain in the butt to play against. Yeah it'd be nice if he put up a few more points, but for me he has been one of our unsung heroes this series.

I would say he's been better this series, I don't think he was very good against the Kings. I am very happy he is doing better. This is the playoffs and you need all your players to play well. Playoffs are not the time to be feeling your way into games and trying to figure out your game. He needs to continue his play and elevate it even more.

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #807193 is a reply to message #807180 ]
Tue, 24 May 2022 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Players saying the right things. They know they screwed up in game 4 last series. Guess we'll see if it's all talk.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #807194 is a reply to message #807193 ]
Tue, 24 May 2022 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 24 May 2022 10:13

Players saying the right things. They know they screwed up in game 4 last series. Guess we'll see if it's all talk.

With the Oilers, you have to see it to believe it. As fun as the last 3 weeks have been I refuse to trust without verification.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #807198 is a reply to message #807180 ]
Tue, 24 May 2022 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Akin to sending the 4th line of a Sutter coached team over the boards when the game is out of reach ITS A MUSTY TUESDAY LADS AND LADDETTS!

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #807199 is a reply to message #807180 ]
Tue, 24 May 2022 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skoobz  is currently offline Skoobz

No Cups

Priority Tasks

1) early lead
2) protect 97 and 29 from what will be very dirty play

"[It was] really cool to throw on the Oilers gear, the gear that I want to play the rest of my life wearing. It was pretty cool to put it on. With all the history, it was a lot of fun." - Connor McDavid, July 1, 2015

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #807200 is a reply to message #807199 ]
Tue, 24 May 2022 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

Skoobz wrote on Tue, 24 May 2022 12:18

Priority Tasks

1) early lead

Let the Flames know early.....you go near 97 or 29 and Johnny Hockey's wrist will be dangling by its tendons. So tired of guys taking liberties on our stars and we never fight fire with fire.

It would likely just unhinge Lucic and Tkachuk to take runs at Kassian and Kane.

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #807203 is a reply to message #807199 ]
Tue, 24 May 2022 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Red Rage  is currently offline Red Rage

No Cups

Priority Tasks

1) early lead

And #41

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #807205 is a reply to message #807203 ]
Tue, 24 May 2022 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Red Rage wrote on Tue, 24 May 2022 14:37

Priority Tasks

1) early lead

And #41

As much as I hate to agree... I agree.

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #807206 is a reply to message #807199 ]
Tue, 24 May 2022 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Priority Tasks

1) early lead

It will be a fine line for the Flames. Sutter keeps banging the drum about how badly his team needs to keep it 5 on 5. They aren't designed to play 4 on 4 or give up a ton of PP's. The refs seem to be more than happy to just take 2 to try to make it so things don't boil over. So if the Flames want to take liberties, that will go against them. The Oilers are not the soft, scared of the opposition team anymore. As an example, the Oilers out hit the Flames last game in a game where the Oilers mostly dominated.

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #807209 is a reply to message #807180 ]
Tue, 24 May 2022 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Game 4 will be the turning point, Oilers need to to come out guns blazin' .. Calgary has been thinking about this game for 2 days.. they'll throw everything they have at it.. start running around like donkeys.. Oil need to keep playing the body.. play fast, smart and mistake free.. exploit their lumbering D.

Go OILERS!

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #807210 is a reply to message #807209 ]
Tue, 24 May 2022 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

The Oilers need to keep doing what they are doing and avoid allowing the Flames to drag them down to their level. The Oilers are not a soft team anymore, they play harder and have physical guys but they don't have a bunch of goons like the Flames have. The Flames will want to make it into a street fight, the Oilers can't get sucked in.

According to Seravalli, the NHL's player safety has seen the clip of the Flames targeting Leon's ankle, they have communicated to the Flames and are supposedly watching. Whatever that means but interesting.

[Updated on: Tue, 24 May 2022 15:13]

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #807213 is a reply to message #807209 ]
Tue, 24 May 2022 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Red Rage  is currently offline Red Rage

No Cups

There is very little I agreed with Don Cherry on, but one comment he once made that is 100% spot on, is that game #4 is always the most important game of a series.

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #807223 is a reply to message #807213 ]
Tue, 24 May 2022 16:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

I'm of course bias but I found it funny that Flames fans on Flamenation think they will light up Smith tonight. It could happen but I think the worst thing they could have done is have Lucic mini run Smith. The guy already has the old man, wanting it to shove it up everyone's ass attitude. Well he thinks they ran him so you just gave him another reason to make that chip on his cocky shoulder even bigger.

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #807224 is a reply to message #807223 ]
Tue, 24 May 2022 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

Oh. Joy.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #807229 is a reply to message #807180 ]
Tue, 24 May 2022 19:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

See ya at the end of the ride !
https://i.gifer.com/7cZ6.gif

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #807230 is a reply to message #807180 ]
Tue, 24 May 2022 19:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Looking like Tanev is in tonight.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #807231 is a reply to message #807230 ]
Tue, 24 May 2022 19:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Tue, 24 May 2022 19:24

In for an evening of heartbreak.

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #807232 is a reply to message #807231 ]
Tue, 24 May 2022 19:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Tue, 24 May 2022 19:31

Oscargasm wrote on Tue, 24 May 2022 19:24

In for an evening of heartbreak.

We’re getting double the Metallica tonight on the broadcast. Some would say that’s already an evening of heartbreak

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #807233 is a reply to message #807230 ]

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Tue, 24 May 2022 18:24

He's had an UBI .. need to make contact every time he touches the puck.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #807234 is a reply to message #807233 ]

5 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Tue, 24 May 2022 19:33

Oscargasm wrote on Tue, 24 May 2022 18:24

He's had an UBI .. need to make contact every time he touches the puck.

Official. He’s in.

Finish your checks.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #807235 is a reply to message #807180 ]
Tue, 24 May 2022 19:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

GIMME NUGE
GIMME DRAI
GIMME CONNOR ON THE FLY

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #807237 is a reply to message #807235 ]
Tue, 24 May 2022 19:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

g2k wrote on Tue, 24 May 2022 19:36

GIMME NUGE
GIMME DRAI
GIMME CONNOR ON THE FLY

OOOOO YA-AAAAAAH

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #807236 is a reply to message #807180 ]
Tue, 24 May 2022 19:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Can’t wait to see Tanev get smoked hard.

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #807238 is a reply to message #807180 ]
Tue, 24 May 2022 19:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JPro  is currently offline JPro

No Cups

Remember “Great save, Tanev!!”?

I’m not that concerned tbh. A guy (likely) returning from injury early. I doubt I’m jinxing anything.

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #807239 is a reply to message #807238 ]
Tue, 24 May 2022 19:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

JPro wrote on Tue, 24 May 2022 19:45

Remember “Great save, Tanev!!”?

I’m not that concerned tbh. A guy (likely) returning from injury early. I doubt I’m jinxing anything.

Hoping he’s a liability.

Hoping it ruins the flow of the pairings etc.

Hoping Archibald puts him through the glass.

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #807240 is a reply to message #807180 ]
Tue, 24 May 2022 19:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Lovin’ Puljujarvi’s chin and muzzy hairs

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #807241 is a reply to message #807180 ]
Tue, 24 May 2022 19:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

NUUUUUUUUUUGE.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #807242 is a reply to message #807180 ]
Tue, 24 May 2022 19:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

FRIES!!!

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #807243 is a reply to message #807242 ]
Tue, 24 May 2022 19:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

That start is edmonton bad.

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #807244 is a reply to message #807243 ]
Tue, 24 May 2022 19:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JPro  is currently offline JPro

No Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Tue, 24 May 2022 19:53

That start is edmonton bad.

Haha exactly what I said. I could be convinced they switched jerseys.

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #807245 is a reply to message #807244 ]
Tue, 24 May 2022 20:02 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

Markstrom trying to figure out a way to win decided to go full Mike Smith. Never go full Mike Smith.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #3)
Next Topic:GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #3)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca