Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win: 0%
Calgary to win: 0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #807008 is a reply to message #806968 ]
Fri, 20 May 2022 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/82/MA_Route_11.svg/600px-MA_Route_11.svg.png

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #807009 is a reply to message #806968 ]
Fri, 20 May 2022 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

Three more okay games by Smith and we got this.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #807013 is a reply to message #807009 ]
Fri, 20 May 2022 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

nullterm wrote on Fri, 20 May 2022 23:32

Three more okay games by Smith and we got this.

It was a better start in only spotting them a 2-goal lead before the comeback began. Progress!

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #807015 is a reply to message #807009 ]
Fri, 20 May 2022 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

We got an away win in the Saddledome, that’s all we needed.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #807010 is a reply to message #806968 ]
Fri, 20 May 2022 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Wooohooohooohooo!!!!

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #807014 is a reply to message #807010 ]
Fri, 20 May 2022 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

No Cups

Thought this game was going to be a LOT tighter than that. I was thinking something like 2-1 or 3-2. Either way, I'll take it.

Now if we can just keep our discipline & let them keep taking penalties that'd be great.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #807024 is a reply to message #807010 ]
Fri, 20 May 2022 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

Seems I lied about going to bed. Twice. Anyway - F yeah!!!

McDavid is peak NHLer ever. Nobody has been this good. He may not finish his career as the GOAT, but I don’t believe anyone has ever been on the level he is at, Gretzky and Lemieux included.

Officials really sucked balls tonight. The calls on us in the 3rd were a joke. And both of the no goals because he couldn’t see the luck, brutal. Nice that it evened out, but both of those absolutely were goals.

Anyway, much better effort all around. Even RNH and Jesse were throwing the body tonight.

We got our split. Now let’s stomp em at home!!!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #807029 is a reply to message #807024 ]
Fri, 20 May 2022 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leia  is currently offline Leia

No Cups

Well that got better as the game went on..... Despite the attempts of the refs and situation room, we still put 5 past Markstrom to make it 11 in two games.

Smith came back from what could have been a horrific start to keep us in the game late on, and you know he was looking for the goalie goal late on to shut the Flames fans up. Maybe in another game.

Not a fan of running with 3 lines as much as we did normally, but it worked tonight. Nuge's line was outstanding, probably JP's best of the play-off's. Never mind that's the only time we've led in this series, that's the first time in any of the play-off's we've been in a game where the lead has changed hands. That's something else to add to the list of boxes to tick off.

This team is growing and learning with each game, it's been doing that since Woodcroft took over and it's very impressive. Long may it continue.

If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #807012 is a reply to message #806968 ]
Fri, 20 May 2022 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

LFGGOOOOOOOOOOO

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #807016 is a reply to message #806968 ]
Fri, 20 May 2022 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JPro  is currently offline JPro

No Cups

This team’s ability to fight through adversity is something we haven’t seen in over a decade. Woodcroft easily the best move Holland made all year. Well, Hyman too.

Great game after those first 5 minutes. Hopefully the Oilers can put up the first goal or two on Sunday.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #807018 is a reply to message #806968 ]
Fri, 20 May 2022 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

Beat the Flames and the Chris Lee

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #807021 is a reply to message #807018 ]
Fri, 20 May 2022 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clutchlikeeberle  is currently offline clutchlikeeberle

No Cups

I'm just showing up to eat crow. So glad I was terribly wrong.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #807032 is a reply to message #807021 ]
Fri, 20 May 2022 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

clutchlikeeberle wrote on Fri, 20 May 2022 23:39

I'm just showing up to eat crow. So glad I was terribly wrong.

Me too. I was ready to throw in the towel in the first. If this team can remember the start time for a few games hereon out, they can win this.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #807022 is a reply to message #806968 ]
Fri, 20 May 2022 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

1-1 split in Calgary after spotting 3 and 2 goals.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSxbrgaC6vEeqe6ipz9sEq0JpNYtyTVTS-dqg&usqp=CAU

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #807030 is a reply to message #807022 ]
Fri, 20 May 2022 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 20 May 2022 23:40

1-1 split in Calgary after spotting 3 and 2 goals.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSxbrgaC6vEeqe6ipz9sEq0JpNYtyTVTS-dqg&usqp=CAU

😂😂😂 you’re my fav Kr

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #807025 is a reply to message #806968 ]
Fri, 20 May 2022 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Eat my shorts, Flames.

Big effort. Split in that hole Calgary, makes things possible again.

Hold serve now guys, and half these clowns will disappear.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #807026 is a reply to message #806968 ]
Fri, 20 May 2022 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Was it the same ref on both those quick whistles?

Awful.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #807031 is a reply to message #807026 ]
Fri, 20 May 2022 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

g2k wrote on Fri, 20 May 2022 23:41

Was it the same ref on both those quick whistles?

Awful.

It was yes.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #807027 is a reply to message #806968 ]
Fri, 20 May 2022 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Chris lee must be done for the playoffs no? Shameful display.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #807028 is a reply to message #807027 ]
Fri, 20 May 2022 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

No Cups

11 goals scored in 2 games on Marky so far. Flames fans getting nervous yet?

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #807038 is a reply to message #807027 ]
Sat, 21 May 2022 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 20 May 2022 23:42

Team NHL in thee black & white jerseys sure wanted to make a mark in the game. I don't mind them calling the rules, I wanted that because I think it'll put the Oilers PP on the ice a lot. That said, tonight's game call was baffling at times. 4 straight in the 3rd for the Oilers. Live puck goals blown down for both teams. Stone for 4min for that high stick and I was happy for it but didn't see any blood. So Calgary can't be happy either.

After this, I imagine the directive from above will be to call nothing but aggravated assault and even up where possible. Expect peak dirtbaggery from select losers on the Flames roster.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #807039 is a reply to message #807038 ]
Sat, 21 May 2022 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Sat, 21 May 2022 00:20

Team NHL in thee black & white jerseys sure wanted to make a mark in the game. I don't mind them calling the rules, I wanted that because I think it'll put the Oilers PP on the ice a lot. That said, tonight's game call was baffling at times. 4 straight in the 3rd for the Oilers. Live puck goals blown down for both teams. Stone for 4min for that high stick and I was happy for it but didn't see any blood. So Calgary can't be happy either.

After this, I imagine the directive from above will be to call nothing but aggravated assault and even up where possible. Expect peak dirtbaggery from select losers on the Flames roster.

I think that was just straight up bad reffing. Had it all. 2 blind ref whistles taking goals away. There was blood on Yams, so I can see that one. Embarrassingly blatant game management calls late in the game to try to make things interesting and get the calls back to even. Chris Lee even gave Nurse a penalty at 00:00 for a little shot on Coleman to put the icing on the cake. Think Lee was also going to ignore Coleman running Smith over. Think Kozari had to call that one from center.

This was the F team among refs tonight. And can see what you said as well. Switch flips to calling almost nothing except in key moments to try to even things up next game. Need to ensure maximum confusion among the players after 2 games of the refs calling loads of stuff.

[Updated on: Sat, 21 May 2022 01:02]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #807043 is a reply to message #807039 ]
Sat, 21 May 2022 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 21 May 2022 00:23

I think that was just straight up bad reffing. Had it all. 2 blind ref whistles taking goals away. There was blood on Yams, so I can see that one. Embarrassingly blatant game management calls late in the game to try to make things interesting and get the calls back to even. Chris Lee even gave Nurse a penalty at 00:00 for a little shot on Coleman to put the icing on the cake.

This was the F team among refs tonight. And can see what you said as well. Switch flips to calling almost nothing except in key moments to try to even things up next game. Need to ensure maximum confusion among the players after 2 games of the refs calling loads of stuff.

The entire game thread on CalgaryPuck is complaining about the refs.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #807055 is a reply to message #807043 ]
Sat, 21 May 2022 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Sat, 21 May 2022 00:34

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 21 May 2022 00:23

I think that was just straight up bad reffing. Had it all. 2 blind ref whistles taking goals away. There was blood on Yams, so I can see that one. Embarrassingly blatant game management calls late in the game to try to make things interesting and get the calls back to even. Chris Lee even gave Nurse a penalty at 00:00 for a little shot on Coleman to put the icing on the cake.

The entire game thread on CalgaryPuck is complaining about the refs.

So what you are saying is, “just another night at CP.”

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #807042 is a reply to message #807038 ]
Sat, 21 May 2022 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Yamo’s left nostril had blood under it. There was a visible area of blood mixed in with the muzzy hair on his upper lip

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #807045 is a reply to message #807042 ]
Sat, 21 May 2022 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 21 May 2022 00:33

Yamo’s left nostril had blood under it. There was a visible area of blood mixed in with the muzzy hair on his upper lip

Makes sense, otherwise there would have been outrage, and it wasn't really meantioned by the crew. Hard to believe I know, but I've been wrong the odd time....😐🤣

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #807047 is a reply to message #807038 ]
Sat, 21 May 2022 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
welcometotheOC  is currently offline welcometotheOC

No Cups

Yams left nostril was bleeding, so good call.

Edit: sorry! late on this one, that’s what I get for skipping ahead….

[Updated on: Sat, 21 May 2022 00:59]

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #807048 is a reply to message #807047 ]
Sat, 21 May 2022 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

welcometotheOC wrote on Sat, 21 May 2022 00:56

Yams left nostril was bleeding, so good call.

Edit: sorry! late on this one, that’s what I get for skipping ahead….

Yeah I got my comeuppance but good catch!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #807033 is a reply to message #806968 ]
Sat, 21 May 2022 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Happy to know all those laughing Flames fans .. plus Jabba the Tukchuk clan.. went home with a very empty feeling.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #807034 is a reply to message #806968 ]
Sat, 21 May 2022 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

How long is Spec going to try to make Smith's consecutive games the main story of every day?

Mark Spector @SportsnetSpec
First time in five years Smith has made nine straight starts. He looks like he's worn down.
Two shady goals, and this'll be a sweep if EDM gets goaltending like this the rest of the way.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #807036 is a reply to message #807034 ]
Sat, 21 May 2022 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 21 May 2022 00:11

How long is Spec going to try to make Smith's consecutive games the main story of every day?

Mark Spector @SportsnetSpec
First time in five years Smith has made nine straight starts. He looks like he's worn down.
Two shady goals, and this'll be a sweep if EDM gets goaltending like this the rest of the way.

Until Jesse doesn’t ‘pass the eye test’.

I’m near erect after this game, super positive. But it’s funny (to me) how Oilers Media has shut up about Jesse yet their darling Archibald has literally been a passenger these two games and it’s crickets on him.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #807035 is a reply to message #806968 ]
Sat, 21 May 2022 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Terry Jones is ready for some good questions if we manage to win this series.

Pjayy @puljuoil
Toronto Maple Leaf fans have now watched Tyson Barrie, Cody Ceci and now Zach Hyman score game winners in the playoffs.

WheatNOil @WheatNOil
Every single Oilers game winner in the playoffs so far has been scored or assisted on by Hyman, Barrie, or Ceci.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #807046 is a reply to message #806968 ]
Sat, 21 May 2022 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Credit where due for the Nuge. Battled defensively all night. Huge help when he plays with guys that can win board battles 5v5. Got on top of the Lame losing the puck on the PP to lead to Hyman's goal. Played more than any forward with all the PP and SH time.

The Nuge isn't gonna be flashy, dangling around guys 1 on 1, but he's skilled and efficient when he has some time the puck. His elevated game shows when he's effectively helping defensively. Faceoffs still funny though, think he lost a clean one to Looch :)

[Updated on: Sat, 21 May 2022 00:54]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #807050 is a reply to message #806968 ]
Sat, 21 May 2022 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Missed Zadorov showing his class here:

https://twitter.com/zjlaing/status/1527869182552858624?s=20& amp;t=bSTOeGcluLLf07cxGfQ91g

Chopping at Drai's ankle after a whistle during a scrum.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #807051 is a reply to message #807050 ]
Sat, 21 May 2022 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 21 May 2022 00:22

https://twitter.com/zjlaing/status/1527869182552858624?s=20& amp; amp; amp;t=bSTOeGcluLLf07cxGfQ91g

Zadarov crosschecked at least two Oilers in the helmet tonight.. no call.. Foegle half swipes at Anderson he gets a called for a "slash" .. in a tie game.. near the end of the game.. a critical time.
McDavid gets slashed worse than that 10 times every shift.

Nice to see Zadorov get left behind by a hobbled Leon.. and then the highlight reel 6'-5" pylon McDavid turned him into on the 2nd goal.. that gif will live on for years..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #807067 is a reply to message #807050 ]
Sat, 21 May 2022 11:49 Go to previous message

2 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 21 May 2022 01:22

https://twitter.com/zjlaing/status/1527869182552858624?s=20& amp; amp;t=bSTOeGcluLLf07cxGfQ91g

That clot got burned 5 times last night. Pilon.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #807052 is a reply to message #806968 ]
Sat, 21 May 2022 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Watch this.. beauty.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1527909104999538688

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #807066 is a reply to message #807052 ]
Sat, 21 May 2022 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 21 May 2022 03:48

Watch this.. beauty.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1527909104999538688

Awesome.

Also awesome to get out of the constricted bowels of that giant toilet bowl. Only large enough for 1 person to squeeze down at a time. Back to Edmonton!

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2) [message #807053 is a reply to message #806968 ]
Sat, 21 May 2022 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

3 Cups

Also... Turtle should get a hearing from DOPS for that elbow to Kulak's head early in the game.. he came in and turned backwards into Kulak.. but directly contacted Kulak's head with his elbow.. a premeditated head shot trying to be disguised as a pseudo hip check.. its a douche move he's done many times before.

[Updated on: Sat, 21 May 2022 04:11]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #3)
Next Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #2)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca