F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Puljujarvi Interviews
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Puljujarvi Interviews [message #804121]
Wed, 13 April 2022 13:03
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Below is a continuation of Puljujarvi's last interview I posted previously.. looks like Kane's had a big influence on Bison.. I noticed Kane sitting beside Bison on the bench and always talking to him.. which seemed to coincide with Bison engaging way more physically since he's been put up on Kane's line.. thought Kane must be explaining to Bison.. "Kid.. You're a Monster.. Be One!". Turns out it might actually have some truth.

From JP's comments below it sounds like JP and Kane have formed a bit of a bond, and JP's starting to look up to him as an NHL role model :)

Here's Kane cracking up Bison on the bench..
https://twitter.com/AzorcanGlobal/status/1508653741632745472

This was my previous post below..
It was based on a Swedish article (below) translated from the original Finnish article..
https://svenska.yle.fi/a/7-10015343
Quote:

A recent interview with Bison.. looks like he's focused on the defensive game, take-aways, retrievals, puck possession (which he's been awesome at), realizes he needs to score more, but staying positive.
https://twitter.com/LonnbergMari/status/1513929201136586765
Quote:

”...I want to be a reliable player. One the coach can trust to play mistake free. I'm just trying to battle as hard as I can. Reliability has also become a question of honor....”

”...We play against the top lines and if we lose it should not be because of my line... I want to score goals and help the team in that way too. E.g. against the Colorado, I had some great chances but the puck just doesn’t want to go in...”

”...I try to think that working hard will eventually turn into goals. I have to believe in it too...”

”...I would like to play PP, but I take one step at a time. It's also great that I get to play with McDavid and help him. It is only few weeks until the playoffs and hopefully there are some goals in stock for me then...”

added new comments and link in blue..
https://twitter.com/LonnbergMari/status/1514273945012379649

Quote:

Mari Lönnberg @LonnbergMari
It’s in Finnish today. Thanks to @Freyja1987 for pointing it out.

Even the title itself is much better. Pulju is quoted saying ”I try to battle so goddamn hard”. 😅 Finnish forward scores too few goals for his role...

-"..Of course you think about it and worry about it... This is new from Pulju. He says that You are not supposed to go to the rink and ask sorry for Yourself. Pulju says that Kane is very good at this, he is not afraid of anything...

.. Kane goes everywhere with full force and he hits everything. Pulju thinks he should take after Kane and be more physical himself. And he is eagerly looking forward the playoffs.

Here is the original Finnish article and JP interview quotes with Google translate.. not the best.. better translations above from Lonnberg's twitter page.. wish we had an actual Finn translate it..
https://yle.fi/urheilu/3-12400360
Quote:

- "I want to be a player you can trust in every area. One that the coach trusts and knows that no miraculous mistakes will come from here. I try to skate hard in two directions and help defenders with hard back pressure. I just try to fight as hard as I can ever."

- "Reliability has also become a kind of honor. Here, however, one is constantly playing against the opponent’s top chain. I don’t want the win to at least stick to our chain losing their game.."

It is true that Puljujärvi has struggled hard, but it still sees room for improvement in what it is doing. Special thanks go to Evander Kane for the recent acquisition of Oilers , whose playing has been closely watched by the Fly Breeder.

- "Don't go to the trough (corners ?) to go apologize. Kane is good at this, he is not afraid of anything, but goes everywhere to the fullest and tackles everything. It has been good to look at the model myself. Here, too, I can be even more physical.."

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Send a private message to this user  

Previous Topic:Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #74)
Next Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #74)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca