This day on March 29
None

Happy Birthday To: SMURDS, JRock71, Cpt Waffle, TexasOiler, Morgan99

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » GDT: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #67)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 GDT: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #67) [message #803163]
Mon, 28 March 2022 19:35 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final

Send a private message to this user  

Re: GDT: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #67) [message #803164 is a reply to message #803163 ]
Mon, 28 March 2022 19:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Good response to getting your crap fed to you Saturday night in this start.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: GDT: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #67) [message #803165 is a reply to message #803163 ]
Mon, 28 March 2022 20:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

One team wearing their absolute best jerseys, the other wearing their (next to) worst.

Re: GDT: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #67) [message #803169 is a reply to message #803163 ]
Mon, 28 March 2022 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Doing it right, with McLeod

(the old people will get that)

Re: GDT: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #67) [message #803170 is a reply to message #803169 ]
Mon, 28 March 2022 20:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

NetBOG wrote on Mon, 28 March 2022 20:46

Old is a relative thing but I have been called it many times.

I dont get this at all, do tell.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: GDT: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #67) [message #803172 is a reply to message #803170 ]
Mon, 28 March 2022 21:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Mon, 28 March 2022 20:54

Really aging yourself here NetBog 😉

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: GDT: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #67) [message #803175 is a reply to message #803172 ]
Mon, 28 March 2022 21:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Seeing Bad Kane in the third here. He may never get back to the player's bench. Just dumb play so far.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: GDT: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #67) [message #803176 is a reply to message #803175 ]
Mon, 28 March 2022 21:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 28 March 2022 21:39

Seeing Bad Kane in the third here. He may never get back to the player's bench. Just dumb play so far.

I like how the refs actually called it though. So often they seem to put their whistles away right after the offender just served a penalty. “We couldn’t possibly call that.”

Kane doesn’t get that “management.” Nobody should.

EDIT. I’m on a slight PVR delay. Holy crap another penalty.

[Updated on: Mon, 28 March 2022 21:45]

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: GDT: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #67) [message #803181 is a reply to message #803176 ]
Mon, 28 March 2022 21:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

g2k wrote on Mon, 28 March 2022 21:43

I like how the refs actually called it though. So often they seem to put their whistles away right after the offender just served a penalty. “We couldn’t possibly call that.”

Yeah - that's how they always should be. The very first penalty was weak, but he deserved the next three. And on the first after the coincidental, it was so obvious form the moment he stepped on the ice that he was looking for something. Probably should have got one for some of the flailing around in front.

I can't blame the refs on that at all. He just was mad so kept thinking he should get a freebie.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: GDT: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #67) [message #803188 is a reply to message #803181 ]
Mon, 28 March 2022 22:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 28 March 2022 21:55

Yeah - that's how they always should be. The very first penalty was weak, but he deserved the next three. And on the first after the coincidental, it was so obvious form the moment he stepped on the ice that he was looking for something. Probably should have got one for some of the flailing around in front.

I can't blame the refs on that at all. He just was mad so kept thinking he should get a freebie.

I would hate to see him pull a Kadri in the “playoffs”.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: GDT: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #67) [message #803215 is a reply to message #803181 ]
Tue, 29 March 2022 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Tue, 29 March 2022 00:55

Oh stop. Your bias is showing.

The roughing penalty was a joke. He did absolutely nothing to deserve that penalty. He finished his check behind the net on Mayo and Mayo didn't like that and went after him.

"Interference" on Dineen? He braced himself for the hit and put Dineen on his ass. 2 minutes for being too solid? Not to mention Gostisbehere should have taken a holding/interference penalty 15 seconds earlier - he almost ripped Kane's jersey off his back he was holding it so tight.

The first tripping penalty - watch it again. He was spun around by Hayton. He did swing at his feet, but Hayton should been called for a hold.

The last one - that one was a penalty. But that wasn't anger or anything - he missed the puck, tried to recover and gave it a second attempt and his stick went right in the skates.

I didn't see "bad Kane". I saw bad refs.

Re: GDT: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #67) [message #803216 is a reply to message #803215 ]
Tue, 29 March 2022 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Mike wrote on Tue, 29 March 2022 06:45

The roughing penalty was a joke. He did absolutely nothing to deserve that penalty. He finished his check behind the net on Mayo and Mayo didn't like that and went after him.

"Interference" on Dineen? He braced himself for the hit and put Dineen on his ass. 2 minutes for being too solid? Not to mention Gostisbehere should have taken a holding/interference penalty 15 seconds earlier - he almost ripped Kane's jersey off his back he was holding it so tight.

The first tripping penalty - watch it again. He was spun around by Hayton. He did swing at his feet, but Hayton should been called for a hold.

The last one - that one was a penalty. But that wasn't anger or anything - he missed the puck, tried to recover and gave it a second attempt and his stick went right in the skates.

100% agree Mike!

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: GDT: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #67) [message #803223 is a reply to message #803216 ]
Tue, 29 March 2022 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
welcometotheOC  is currently offline welcometotheOC

No Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Tue, 29 March 2022 07:01

100% agree Mike!

Me three. To me the last one was debatable as well as I thought the AZ player stepped on his stick and wasn't really tripped. I only saw one replay though so perhaps not.

Re: GDT: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #67) [message #803245 is a reply to message #803215 ]
Tue, 29 March 2022 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

I've been pretty critical of the refs this year, but I dunno man.

As I said, first penalty was weak. He didn't do much other than hit the guy, but there was a scrum and the ref picked two guys. But then he came out of the box mad and looking to get a free shot for the one he felt he'd unfairly been penalized for. He got it too. He punched at two guys in front of the net. No subtlety, and he drew attention to himself. Then on the interference, he basically throws a pick on the guy harassing our attacking player (Nuge I think) and knocks him in to his own goalie and the net. The guy didn't have the puck and was focused on someone else. I think it's definitely interference.

There's an argument to be made on the second that you could have called the other guy for pulling on him too. I still think he goes back at the guy and leverages his stick under his legs with some amount of force. That's a penalty, and one we'd want called if it was the other way around.

As you say, the last penalty was also deserved.

He apparently set a record though - fastest four minors in history! Pretty impressive stuff.

Re: GDT: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #67) [message #803259 is a reply to message #803245 ]
Wed, 30 March 2022 06:47 Go to previous message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Tue, 29 March 2022 18:43

I've been pretty critical of the refs this year, but I dunno man.

As I said, first penalty was weak. He didn't do much other than hit the guy, but there was a scrum and the ref picked two guys. But then he came out of the box mad and looking to get a free shot for the one he felt he'd unfairly been penalized for. He got it too. He punched at two guys in front of the net. No subtlety, and he drew attention to himself. Then on the interference, he basically throws a pick on the guy harassing our attacking player (Nuge I think) and knocks him in to his own goalie and the net. The guy didn't have the puck and was focused on someone else. I think it's definitely interference.

There's an argument to be made on the second that you could have called the other guy for pulling on him too. I still think he goes back at the guy and leverages his stick under his legs with some amount of force. That's a penalty, and one we'd want called if it was the other way around.

As you say, the last penalty was also deserved.

He apparently set a record though - fastest four minors in history! Pretty impressive stuff.

I just rewatched all the plays (love my NHL.com subscription for that :) )

I stand by my assessment - sure he was looking for blood after the first BS call, but what he did was not a penalty. The 3rd one should have been blown dead for a Yotes penalty on Gostisbehere before that ever happened, and even then another Yotes penalty should have been called on Hayton. Just watch it - he has his hand just over his hip and he spins him around. The last one, whatever. Guy sorta stepped on his stick, but of all of them, that's only one IMO that was even a little deserving of a call.

And good on Kane - got himself in the record books!
icon_thumbsup

Re: GDT: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #67) [message #803177 is a reply to message #803175 ]
Mon, 28 March 2022 21:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Pfft, refs have it out for him.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: GDT: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #67) [message #803217 is a reply to message #803172 ]
Tue, 29 March 2022 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 28 March 2022 21:14

PlusOne wrote on Mon, 28 March 2022 20:54

Really aging yourself here NetBog 😉

Are you talking the poor man’s Walmart where my Dad would look for new tools, while I bought my GI Joes?

Re: GDT: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #67) [message #803178 is a reply to message #803163 ]
Mon, 28 March 2022 21:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

This Coyotes team is 2009 Oilers bad. The NHL needed relegation then and they neee it now.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: GDT: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #67) [message #803179 is a reply to message #803163 ]
Mon, 28 March 2022 21:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Jesse, my boy! What a beautiful game from him tonight.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: GDT: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #67) [message #803180 is a reply to message #803163 ]
Mon, 28 March 2022 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Steelcroft coaching takes the fun out of games. I miss trying to defend a 1 goal lead for 2 periods.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: GDT: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #67) [message #803182 is a reply to message #803163 ]
Mon, 28 March 2022 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

What the hell is that noise in the rink???

Re: GDT: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #67) [message #803185 is a reply to message #803182 ]
Mon, 28 March 2022 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 28 March 2022 21:56

What the hell is that noise in the rink???

Coyotes? I've heard this before.

Re: GDT: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #67) [message #803183 is a reply to message #803163 ]
Mon, 28 March 2022 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Oilers have scored 40 goals in their last 8 games.

Re: GDT: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #67) [message #803184 is a reply to message #803163 ]
Mon, 28 March 2022 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Missed most of the 3rd here, I saw EK handed a weak penalty at the end of the 2nd, are the refs of team NHL showing him who runs things here in the 3rd? 3 legit calls?

Previous Topic:Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #68)
Next Topic:Review: Arizona @ Edmonton (Game #67)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca