This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #33)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #33) [message #801126]
Mon, 07 March 2022 02:00 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final
Score Prediction
Login To Make Your Prediction

Edmonton to win: 0%
Calgary to win: 0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

2021-22 Regular Season
Saturday, October 16, 2021Calgary 2 @ Edmonton 5Win
Saturday, January 22, 2022Calgary 3 @ Edmonton 5Win
Monday, March 7, 2022Edmonton 1 @ Calgary 3Loss
Saturday, March 26, 2022Edmonton 5 @ Calgary 9Loss
Home Record: 2-0-0       Road Record: 0-2-0       Overall Record: 2-2-0
Home / Road Goals For: 10/6 Total: 16
Home / Road Goals Against: 5/12 Total: 17

2020-21 Regular Season
Saturday, February 6, 2021Edmonton 4 @ Calgary 6Loss
Friday, February 19, 2021Edmonton 2 @ Calgary 1Win
Saturday, February 20, 2021Calgary 1 @ Edmonton 7Win
Saturday, March 6, 2021Calgary 2 @ Edmonton 3Win
Monday, March 15, 2021Edmonton 3 @ Calgary 4Loss
Wednesday, March 17, 2021Edmonton 7 @ Calgary 3Win
Friday, April 2, 2021Calgary 2 @ Edmonton 3Win
Saturday, April 10, 2021Edmonton 0 @ Calgary 5Loss
Thursday, April 29, 2021Calgary 3 @ Edmonton 1Loss
Saturday, May 1, 2021Calgary 1 @ Edmonton 4Win
Home Record: 4-1-0       Road Record: 2-3-0       Overall Record: 6-4-0
Home / Road Goals For: 18/16 Total: 34
Home / Road Goals Against: 9/19 Total: 28

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #33) [message #801127 is a reply to message #801126 ]
Mon, 07 March 2022 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Need this win... but fully expecting the flames to obliterate us.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #33) [message #801128 is a reply to message #801127 ]
Mon, 07 March 2022 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

I'm semi-bullish on the mighty Oil right now. Disappointing game against Montreal notwithstanding, they played reasonably well on the road trip and the new coach looks like he's figuring out the goaltending. There's signs that warrant tepid optimism.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #33) [message #801129 is a reply to message #801128 ]
Mon, 07 March 2022 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim is currently online Skookum Jim

3 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Mon, 07 March 2022 07:35

I'm semi-bullish on the mighty Oil right now. Disappointing game against Montreal notwithstanding, they played reasonably well on the road trip and the new coach looks like he's figuring out the goaltending. There's signs that warrant tepid optimism.

I sense a whiff of optimism.. bravo! A lot of mine fell off the truck after the last couple of games vs. Chi and Habs.. but I got my fingers crossed!

The defense will get forechecked hard.. need to retrieve and clear pucks without free pizza delivery.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #33) [message #801130 is a reply to message #801128 ]
Mon, 07 March 2022 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Mon, 07 March 2022 08:35

We've generally played pretty well versus teams in the division and we know that Smith won't play today, which gives us a better chance.

We're definitely still missing a few of the injured guys, especially Nugent-Hopkins and Puljujarvi, but I think that the Oilers have a good shot tonight.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #33) [message #801133 is a reply to message #801130 ]
Mon, 07 March 2022 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Yes the Flames have played well and are getting great goaltending but another HUGE advantage the Flames have had is they haven't had a single significant injury to anyone important.

Gaudreau, Tkachuk, Lindholm, Mangiapane, Andersson, Backlund, Monahan, Tanev, Lucic, Gudbranson, Lewis, have all played every game.

Coleman, Hannifin, Kylington have missed 1 game.

Markstrom has played 43 games for them. So he hasn't missed a start.

That's 5 out of 6 of their top 6 dmen who have played every game or missed 1 game. All their best forwards haven't missed a game or missed 1. Sutter has shuffled in and out their 6th dman and a few 4th liners and there is the odd 4th liner that got hurt but the guys who play all the mins and are counted on, haven't missed any time. Even when they got covid, they had a mass team wide breakout so they whole team shut down. They aren't even missing the odd game with a blocked shot.

Vs the Oilers.

When covid hit, it wasn't a mass breakout, it was a couple of guys missed time. Then a week later a few more, then a few more. Even after they had their major time, Koskinen missed time out of no where not long ago.

Injuries: Nuge got hurt 2 times and covid. JP got covid AND hurt. Hyman missed time with injury and covid. Nurse covid and hurt. Barrie out a few times. Ceci missed 4 games with covid. Kassian has been out a few times, lately a major injury. Keith got covid and hurt a few times. Russell has barely been able to play. Smith hurt a ton. Yamo missed a game due to a block shot. Even McD missed a game due to covid.

There are very few guys on the Oilers who will play a full season and multiple very important players will miss a TON of time.

This isn't excusing the major issue which is the goaltending but man the injury bug sure hasn't helped.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #33) [message #801134 is a reply to message #801130 ]
Mon, 07 March 2022 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goose  is currently offline Goose

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Mon, 07 March 2022 09:19

CrusaderPi wrote on Mon, 07 March 2022 08:35

We've generally played pretty well versus teams in the division and we know that Smith won't play today, which gives us a better chance.

We're definitely still missing a few of the injured guys, especially Nugent-Hopkins and Puljujarvi, but I think that the Oilers have a good shot tonight.

I think under the new coaching staff the Oilers are at least close to maximizing their roster right now (although I'm not a huge fan of Woodcroft basically only playing 3 fwd lines - maybe this is how he's signaling to Holland to call up Marody), but they're still not a great team. I think if Woodcroft had been the HC from the start of the season, the Oilers are probably solidly in a playoff spot right now. As it is it looks like is going to come right down to the wire.

And while I don't think that Flames are elite right now (I think the 4 elite teams in the league are Colorado, Florida, Tampa and Carolina), but Calgary is right below them. Of course, McDavid could score 4 tonight and then it's all irrelevant icon_biggrin

Oilers Goal Differential
17/18: 234 GF / 263 GA (-29)
18/19: 232 GF / 274 GA (-42)
19/20 (82 game pace): 257 GF / 254 GA (+3) in 64 games
2021 (82 game pace):269 GF / 235 GA (+34) after 38 games

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #33) [message #801137 is a reply to message #801134 ]
Mon, 07 March 2022 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Goose wrote on Mon, 07 March 2022 10:48

And while I don't think that Flames are elite right now (I think the 4 elite teams in the league are Colorado, Florida, Tampa and Carolina), but Calgary is right below them. Of course, McDavid could score 4 tonight and then it's all irrelevant icon_biggrin

That Flames - Avs game Saturday night looked an awful lot like a western conference final preview. The difference in play between the early and late HNIC games was stark.

Certainly it's still early and Vegas, St Louis (as long as they don't play Binnington), or Dallas could easily upset the apple cart, but there's pretty clear separation in both western divisions

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #33) [message #801138 is a reply to message #801137 ]
Mon, 07 March 2022 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon_Matt  is currently offline Dragon_Matt

No Cups

I saw that Smith was out and we recalled Skinner. I was so hopeful that Smith came down with a case of the retirement.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #33) [message #801139 is a reply to message #801134 ]
Mon, 07 March 2022 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Goose wrote on Mon, 07 March 2022 10:48

I think under the new coaching staff the Oilers are at least close to maximizing their roster right now (although I'm not a huge fan of Woodcroft basically only playing 3 fwd lines - maybe this is how he's signaling to Holland to call up Marody), but they're still not a great team. I think if Woodcroft had been the HC from the start of the season, the Oilers are probably solidly in a playoff spot right now. As it is it looks like is going to come right down to the wire.

The deployment is interesting and I wonder how much of it is situational. He started out playing at least 10 forwards decent amount of minutes and reducing some of the minutes for the top guys, but those have rebounded and he's been using at times as few as 8 forwards for over 10 minutes. McDavid's been back up around 22 minutes and Draisaitl at 24 with some PK duties.

But the injuries have taken a toll on the roster and for some reason everytime someone goes down, Holland's been calling up another grinder. Marody, Griffiths or Holloway would probably be better options.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #33) [message #801144 is a reply to message #801126 ]
Mon, 07 March 2022 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Goal Differential?[ 16 vote(s) ]
1.1 (Cal) 0 / 0%
2.2 (Cal) 2 / 13%
3.3 (Cal) 3 / 19%
4.4 (Cal) 4 / 25%
5.5 (Cal) 0 / 0%
6.6+ (Cal) 1 / 6%
7.Shoot Out (Cal) 1 / 6%
8.1 (Oil) 0 / 0%
9.2 (Oil) 2 / 13%
10.3 (Oil) 2 / 13%
11.4 (Oil) 0 / 0%
12.5 (Oil) 0 / 0%
13.6+ (Oil) 1 / 6%
14.Shoot Out (Oil) 0 / 0%

Poll..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #33) [message #801149 is a reply to message #801144 ]
Mon, 07 March 2022 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

What's the spread for this game? Take the Oilers and the points? Maybe MJ can get sponsored by sport interactions and we could have opening lines in the pregame thread.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #33) [message #801152 is a reply to message #801149 ]
Mon, 07 March 2022 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Hard to know what will happen with this game. The Oilers didn't get great goaltending last game but they also didn't show up either. They do tend to rise to the occasion and play better teams better normally.

Koskinen was really good over the road trip. His game I thought he was just OK, not great. Then he didn't play against the Habs. So if you go by his sort of normalish trend, in theory he should have a good game. Except maybe for Kane, I thought the whole team was quiet so maybe they will have a bounce back game.

Perhaps Kane will beat the hell out of Tkachuck to get the boys fired up. icon_biggrin

[Updated on: Mon, 07 March 2022 13:17]

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #33) [message #801153 is a reply to message #801152 ]
Mon, 07 March 2022 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon_Matt  is currently offline Dragon_Matt

No Cups

The future I see is that the Oilers are going to get pushed around tonight. Expect us to get out hit 3 to 1.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #33) [message #801156 is a reply to message #801153 ]
Mon, 07 March 2022 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Dragon_Matt wrote on Mon, 07 March 2022 12:17

The future I see is that the Oilers are going to get pushed around tonight. Expect us to get out hit 3 to 1.

What counts as an NHL "hit" stat can be deceiving, very few Oilers actually hit anyone, its more like "reluctantly made contact"

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #33) [message #801158 is a reply to message #801153 ]
Mon, 07 March 2022 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Dragon_Matt wrote on Mon, 07 March 2022 13:17

Well if you buy into what some stats guys say, hits don't mean that much and mean you don't have the puck enough.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #33) [message #801160 is a reply to message #801149 ]
Mon, 07 March 2022 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Mon, 07 March 2022 12:55

What's the spread for this game? Take the Oilers and the points? Maybe MJ can get sponsored by sport interactions and we could have opening lines in the pregame thread.

Flames -1.5 O/U 6.5

I'd hammer the Flames and the under.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #33) [message #801165 is a reply to message #801160 ]
Mon, 07 March 2022 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leia  is currently offline Leia

No Cups

Do I get up at 2.30am to watch this or do I just PVR it and watch it in the morning?? Normally I wouldn't question myself but I am doing of late. Never sure which Oilers will turn up.

If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #33) [message #801167 is a reply to message #801165 ]
Mon, 07 March 2022 16:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Leia wrote on Mon, 07 March 2022 16:04

Do I get up at 2.30am to watch this or do I just PVR it and watch it in the morning?? Normally I wouldn't question myself but I am doing of late. Never sure which Oilers will turn up.

If you have to ask the question...

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #33) [message #801169 is a reply to message #801165 ]
Mon, 07 March 2022 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Leia wrote on Mon, 07 March 2022 15:04

IMHO.. PVR and re-purpose 2 hours of your life..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #33) [message #801170 is a reply to message #801165 ]
Mon, 07 March 2022 16:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Damn man. Kudos to you for getting up at that hour for any game to watch it live.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #33) [message #801172 is a reply to message #801170 ]
Mon, 07 March 2022 16:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 07 March 2022 16:29

Damn man. Kudos to you for getting up at that hour for any game to watch it live.

There's a good chance I'm going to take a pretty decent nap in the next couple of hours and wake up just before the game too.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #33) [message #801173 is a reply to message #801172 ]
Mon, 07 March 2022 16:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Mon, 07 March 2022 16:36

There's a good chance I'm going to take a pretty decent nap in the next couple of hours and wake up just before the game too.

icon_lol

Wow man way to show the dedication!

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #33) [message #801175 is a reply to message #801173 ]
Mon, 07 March 2022 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 07 March 2022 16:39

CrusaderPi wrote on Mon, 07 March 2022 16:36

icon_lol

Wow man way to show the dedication!

Just like the Oilers sleeping through this game 😏

For real, I hope the win this one but not holding my breath for obvious reasons.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #33) [message #801176 is a reply to message #801175 ]
Mon, 07 March 2022 17:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oilfann  is currently offline Oilfann

No Cups

What is the betting line for how many odd man rushes we give up while we are on the powerplay? If it's 3.5 for the game I bet the over. And that's assuming we only get 2 powerplays.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #33) [message #801177 is a reply to message #801126 ]
Mon, 07 March 2022 17:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

I think the Oilers get their lunch money taken away and a bonus wedgie tonight. Prove me wrong, I'm preparing for inevitable disappointment.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #33) [message #801182 is a reply to message #801177 ]
Mon, 07 March 2022 18:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Mon, 07 March 2022 17:24

I think the Oilers get their lunch money taken away and a bonus wedgie tonight. Prove me wrong, I'm preparing for inevitable disappointment.

I’m with ya!! My pants won’t even unzip for me to pee tonight

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #33) [message #801196 is a reply to message #801126 ]
Mon, 07 March 2022 19:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

No Bouchard tonight, it’s official.

Combined with Barrie missing time, Ceci the only regular on the right side tonight.

McLeod-McDavid-Hyman
Kane-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Foegele-Shore-Ryan
Benson-Malone-Sceviour

Nurse-Ceci
Keith-Broberg
Niemelainen-Lagesson

Koskinen

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #33) [message #801197 is a reply to message #801196 ]
Mon, 07 March 2022 19:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oilfann  is currently offline Oilfann

No Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Tue, 08 March 2022 02:07

Combined with Barrie missing time, Ceci the only regular on the right side tonight.

McLeod-McDavid-Hyman
Kane-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Foegele-Shore-Ryan
Benson-Malone-Sceviour

Nurse-Ceci
Keith-Broberg
Niemelainen-Lagesson

Koskinen

Man this line-up would look much better with Nuge, Jesse, and Bouch in it.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #33) [message #801296 is a reply to message #801197 ]
Mon, 07 March 2022 23:32 Go to previous message
Slim Jim Phantom Call  is currently offline Slim Jim Phantom Call

No Cups

Oilfann wrote on Mon, 07 March 2022 19:16

Oscargasm wrote on Tue, 08 March 2022 02:07

McLeod-McDavid-Hyman
Kane-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Foegele-Shore-Ryan
Benson-Malone-Sceviour

Nurse-Ceci
Keith-Broberg
Niemelainen-Lagesson

Koskinen

Man this line-up would look much better with Nuge, Jesse, and Bouch in it.

Would look a frick of a lot better with Bear in it any anyone but McLovin on the 3rd line.

In fairness to Hall, I've wanted to throw a waterbottle at Eakins all season.
~nullterm 03/22/2014

Previous Topic:Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #33)
Next Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #33)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca