Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Puljujarvi out 3-4 weeks with LBI [message #800093]
Fri, 18 February 2022 11:58 Go to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

https://twitter.com/jasongregor/status/1494736658008207362?s =21

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Puljujarvi out 3-4 weeks with LBI [message #800094 is a reply to message #800093 ]
Fri, 18 February 2022 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

That's unfortunate.

I guess Perlini and Benson are in for the next game. Shore back to the press box.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Puljujarvi out 3-4 weeks with LBI [message #800095 is a reply to message #800094 ]
Fri, 18 February 2022 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

I am still trying to figure out where exactly he got hurt? I am guessing the goal as when he swung and missed McD's pass and it went off his skate, he was in a bit of a awkward position.

Re: Puljujarvi out 3-4 weeks with LBI [message #800096 is a reply to message #800093 ]
Fri, 18 February 2022 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

I read a rumour on twitter - maybe from Dennis? - that Keith's injury is worse than expected and he may be out more like the Kassian timeline too.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Puljujarvi out 3-4 weeks with LBI [message #800097 is a reply to message #800096 ]
Fri, 18 February 2022 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 18 February 2022 12:10

I read a rumour on twitter - maybe from Dennis? - that Keith's injury is worse than expected and he may be out more like the Kassian timeline too.

Sorry for being that guy, but if we changed coaches earlier maybe Keith wouldn't have fell after running back into his zone as fast as his legs could carry him icon_frown

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Puljujarvi out 3-4 weeks with LBI [message #800099 is a reply to message #800097 ]
Fri, 18 February 2022 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 18 February 2022 12:13

Sorry for being that guy, but if we changed coaches earlier maybe Keith wouldn't have fell after running back into his zone as fast as his legs could carry him icon_frown

You could be right. I have been seeing people on twitter and other places suggesting that Keith has been doing a lot of what the defense is doing right now prior to the coach change, the difference now being the forwards are doing things now to support that. I wasn't paying attention enough before the switch to know for sure.

Re: Puljujarvi out 3-4 weeks with LBI [message #800104 is a reply to message #800099 ]
Fri, 18 February 2022 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goose  is currently offline Goose

1 Cup

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 18 February 2022 11:26

You could be right. I have been seeing people on twitter and other places suggesting that Keith has been doing a lot of what the defense is doing right now prior to the coach change, the difference now being the forwards are doing things now to support that. I wasn't paying attention enough before the switch to know for sure.

I've seen that being said too and I'm not sure that's accurate. I admit, Keith was much better in transition than I expected him to be but my recollection is that his defensive zone coverage, including on zone entries, was pretty terrible.

[Updated on: Fri, 18 February 2022 13:25]

Oilers Goal Differential
17/18: 234 GF / 263 GA (-29)
18/19: 232 GF / 274 GA (-42)
19/20 (82 game pace): 257 GF / 254 GA (+3) in 64 games
2021 (82 game pace):269 GF / 235 GA (+34) after 38 games

Re: Puljujarvi out 3-4 weeks with LBI [message #800108 is a reply to message #800104 ]
Fri, 18 February 2022 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Goose wrote on Fri, 18 February 2022 13:17

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 18 February 2022 11:26

I've seen that being said too and I'm not sure that's accurate. I admit, Keith was much better in transition than I expected him to be but my recollection is that his defensive zone coverage, including on zone entries, was pretty terrible.

He gets beat one-on-one fairly often and he struggles in a foot race now.

Keith hasn't been awful, but he's a far cry from what he once was, and he's not worth his salary by any means.

As for if Dennis' intel is correct? We'll see. If it isn't, we should start seeing reports of Keith practicing or planning to play in the next couple of days.

For what it's worth, I don't think Oilfans Alumnus Dennis hates Duncan Keith. I think he doesn't like the deal that brought him here, and doesn't think he's added value for the money - I think all that is pretty justified though, don't you?

Also worth noting - the guys beating the drum that Keith is back and he's amazing were mostly the mainstream media guys - Brownlee said we just lost our best defenceman when Keith went down, for instance - and those are the same guys who spent all of January telling Oilers fans we were all sheep for wanting Tippett fired.

Re: Puljujarvi out 3-4 weeks with LBI [message #800098 is a reply to message #800096 ]
Fri, 18 February 2022 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Is he a remotely reliable source because he absolutely hates Keith so it could be him voicing wishful thinking. Contract aside, I believe if I am not mistake, then advanced numbers suggested Keith was going fairly well even when the Oilers were on their slide. I've just been seeing articles write about him over the last several weeks from various haters that he's been way better than ever expected.

Re: Puljujarvi out 3-4 weeks with LBI [message #800106 is a reply to message #800093 ]
Fri, 18 February 2022 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

JP out for a few weeks means Hyman to the right side and HELLOOOO Benson to the top 6!

I feel kind of responsible... since I picked up Benson in the Oilfans pool. Apparently the hockey gods took Jess as the sacrificial Bison.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Puljujarvi out 3-4 weeks with LBI [message #800110 is a reply to message #800106 ]
Fri, 18 February 2022 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Fri, 18 February 2022 13:57

JP out for a few weeks means Hyman to the right side and HELLOOOO Benson to the top 6!

I feel kind of responsible... since I picked up Benson in the Oilfans pool. Apparently the hockey gods took Jess as the sacrificial Bison.

So next game Benson scores assuming he plays?

Re: Puljujarvi out 3-4 weeks with LBI [message #800111 is a reply to message #800110 ]
Fri, 18 February 2022 15:52 Go to previous message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 18 February 2022 15:05

Oscargasm wrote on Fri, 18 February 2022 13:57

So next game Benson scores assuming he plays?

If he wants to maintain his role on the dominating Pant Launchers, then yes.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Previous Topic:Review: Anaheim @ Edmonton (Game #30)
Next Topic:GDT: Anaheim @ Edmonton (Game #30)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca