This day on April 19
None

Happy Birthday To: jari17, trehorse, 5mowill, Dragon_Matt, smyth2007

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #32)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #32) [message #799779]
Mon, 14 February 2022 23:00 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win: 0%
San Jose to win: 0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #32) [message #799781 is a reply to message #799779 ]
Mon, 14 February 2022 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

Most complete game of the season.

Not sure if if Kane could afford to put money on the board, but after the initial first few minutes this team settled in.

Congrats to Skinner. Only 20 shots against, but at least a 1/4 were high chance opportunities.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #32) [message #799800 is a reply to message #799781 ]
Tue, 15 February 2022 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Mon, 14 February 2022 23:08

Most complete game of the season.

Not sure if if Kane could afford to put money on the board, but after the initial first few minutes this team settled in.

Congrats to Skinner. Only 20 shots against, but at least a 1/4 were high chance opportunities.

Actual photo from the Oilers room before last night's game:

https://media.istockphoto.com/photos/reminder-note-picture-id478771815?s=612x612

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #32) [message #799783 is a reply to message #799779 ]
Mon, 14 February 2022 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Well that was the Oilers weather an very early push by SJ, scoring on the first 2 or at least the 2 of 1st 3 shots against Reimer. Followed up by playing a pretty low event game in chances against (by their standards) limiting the Sharks to something like 14 shots in more than 2 periods after the Oilers took the 2 nil lead. The PP looked fairly horrible, but the PK was pretty outstanding, and I don't know how they didnt manage the sh goal on a 3 on 1.

Skinner rock solid when he had to be. The RNH centered 3rd line got it done early with Foegele getting one a long time in coming, and Connor makes an appearance in a great shift in the 3rd to seal the deal.

Just a nice feeling to not get super angry watching a game. icon_lol

Re: Review: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #32) [message #799808 is a reply to message #799783 ]
Tue, 15 February 2022 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Mon, 14 February 2022 22:15

Just a nice feeling to not get super angry watching a game. icon_lol

Honestly that was the best part.. :)

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #32) [message #799785 is a reply to message #799779 ]
Tue, 15 February 2022 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

Oilers 7-2-1 in last 10. On a run.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #32) [message #799788 is a reply to message #799785 ]
Tue, 15 February 2022 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

I don't know if we win that game with Koskinen or Smith in goal. Skinner was huge early on - 0 chance we come out of those first 5 minutes unscathed with one of the other 2 guys back there.

Ryan looking like a completely different player on the wing. Enjoyed seeing Woodcroft throw McDavid out there with Benson and McLeod - they had a few good looks. Would be nice to get those two going.

Anyway - this was a lot more enjoyable than anything in December. Now an even bigger game tonight.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #32) [message #799791 is a reply to message #799788 ]
Tue, 15 February 2022 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bigEfromGP  is currently offline bigEfromGP

No Cups

Mike wrote on Tue, 15 February 2022 02:24

I don't know if we win that game with Koskinen or Smith in goal. Skinner was huge early on - 0 chance we come out of those first 5 minutes unscathed with one of the other 2 guys back there.

Ryan looking like a completely different player on the wing. Enjoyed seeing Woodcroft throw McDavid out there with Benson and McLeod - they had a few good looks. Would be nice to get those two going.

Anyway - this was a lot more enjoyable than anything in December. Now an even bigger game tonight.

Agree 100%. Smith or Koskinen in net, this is a completely different game. The team plays so differently with either of those 2 in net. How Tippett or Holland failed to see this is beyond me.

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 09 October 2020 13:17

CrudeRemarks wrote on Fri, 09 October 2020 13:00

The president thinks he has the ideal male body.
It's hard to disagree that he has the ideal male body.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #32) [message #799792 is a reply to message #799791 ]
Tue, 15 February 2022 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

bigEfromGP wrote on Tue, 15 February 2022 10:15

Mike wrote on Tue, 15 February 2022 02:24

Agree 100%. Smith or Koskinen in net, this is a completely different game. The team plays so differently with either of those 2 in net. How Tippett or Holland failed to see this is beyond me.

deadhorse

Not to beat a dead horse, but last summer if I would have told you:

1) We are going to give up assets to get Duncan Keith AND the Hawks will retain 0
2) With over $20M in cap space and more goalies available than any season in NHL history between UFAs and players exposed for expansion, that we would be starting the season with the same Smith and Koskinen tandem

You would have rightfully called me crazy. Mind boggling to me
deadhorse

Anyway - to me, Skinner inspires WAY more confidence than the other 2 combined. He had a couple of not great games, but overall I feel he has looked way better than either of the other 2. Their numbers seem to support that

Skinner: .913%, 2.62GAA
Koskinen: .900, 3.15GAA
Smith: .901%, 3.50GAA

If they could get a guy like Varlamov to waive his NTC to come here, Skinner backing him up in a 52-30 kind of split would IMO be a great tandem the next 2 years - good enough to compete for a Cup provided we fix the holes on D. He (Varlamov) has been good to great everywhere he played and has another year left - I would pay a decent amount to get him here, especially if Koskinen was going the other way (and have Smith retire or something, though he did have a great game his last outing)

Re: Review: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #32) [message #799790 is a reply to message #799785 ]
Tue, 15 February 2022 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

No Cups

NetBOG wrote on Tue, 15 February 2022 04:44

Oilers 7-2-1 in last 10. On a run.

And 4-0 under coaches not named Tippett :)

Re: Review: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #32) [message #799794 is a reply to message #799779 ]
Tue, 15 February 2022 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Shutout. Team got better as game went on. Team kept pressing to the end even though they had a lead. Team actually tries to defend in the neutral zone and prevent easy entries into our zone.

Want to believe this is all real and will last. Just gonna enjoy for now.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #32) [message #799795 is a reply to message #799794 ]
Tue, 15 February 2022 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Pretty impressive win. The first 5 or so mins were annoying as it took them awhile to get going. Taking a penalty in the first minute never helps with the start but after that, they dominated. You are up 2-0 going into the 3rd and you double the team in shots is nice to see.

My only beef is the PP. How about playing with a little urgency. But other than that, pretty solid win and most players played pretty well.

I guess next game is the game Benson makes an impact? Zero's all across the board for stats but in fairness, his coach, the guy who coached him for 4 yrs right out of junior and who developed him, didn't want to play him much for most of the game until late in the 3rd when it was 3-0, the game was in hand and he wanted to sit most of his best players.

[Updated on: Tue, 15 February 2022 08:28]

Re: Review: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #32) [message #799801 is a reply to message #799795 ]
Tue, 15 February 2022 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 15 February 2022 08:22

Pretty impressive win. The first 5 or so mins were annoying as it took them awhile to get going. Taking a penalty in the first minute never helps with the start but after that, they dominated. You are up 2-0 going into the 3rd and you double the team in shots is nice to see.

My only beef is the PP. How about playing with a little urgency. But other than that, pretty solid win and most players played pretty well.

I guess next game is the game Benson makes an impact? Zero's all across the board for stats but in fairness, his coach, the guy who coached him for 4 yrs right out of junior and who developed him, didn't want to play him much for most of the game until late in the 3rd when it was 3-0, the game was in hand and he wanted to sit most of his best players.

I think everyone said if Benson got a chance, then he'd immediately score hat tricks every night. I can't believe it isn't happening.

Are you really going to give us a "Where is Tyler?" post after every game?

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #32) [message #799802 is a reply to message #799801 ]
Tue, 15 February 2022 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 15 February 2022 08:53

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 15 February 2022 08:22

Are you really going to give us a "Where is Tyler?" post after every game?

You bet I am. I've been told many, many times how wrong I am about Benson, I don't know what I am talking about and how good of a player he can be. So you are damn right I am going to say something when he goes out there and does nothing game after game just like I said.

I got zero issues personally with the guy, it would be a cool story if he did well but I want my team to win and to do that, I believe every guy on this roster needs to contribute something whether you play 20 mins or 7 mins. Just skating hard isn't enough.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #32) [message #799812 is a reply to message #799802 ]
Tue, 15 February 2022 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goose  is currently offline Goose

1 Cup

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 15 February 2022 08:01

You bet I am. I've been told many, many times how wrong I am about Benson, I don't know what I am talking about and how good of a player he can be. So you are damn right I am going to say something when he goes out there and does nothing game after game just like I said.

I got zero issues personally with the guy, it would be a cool story if he did well but I want my team to win and to do that, I believe every guy on this roster needs to contribute something whether you play 20 mins or 7 mins. Just skating hard isn't enough.

Nobody has ever told you you're wrong about Benson (other than you saying that he doesn't hit, when he clearly does). I doubt anybody here feels that strongly about the guy. Personally, I would like to see him play more as I think there might be something there, but I've never said that he's awesome or going to be some kind of star.

Likewise, I don't think that anyone here has ever argued against your point that everyone on the roster needs to contribute. But the reality is that the Oilers don't have a good bottom 6. If they did and they were killing it, nobody would be asking for Benson to play more, I would happily stop advocating for the guy. Speaking for myself, my point is that I would rather see a 23 year old with upside given a push over a guy like Turris or Shore, who we know aren't going to contribute anything and are more likely to give up more than they produce on any given night.

Oilers Goal Differential
17/18: 234 GF / 263 GA (-29)
18/19: 232 GF / 274 GA (-42)
19/20 (82 game pace): 257 GF / 254 GA (+3) in 64 games
2021 (82 game pace):269 GF / 235 GA (+34) after 38 games

Re: Review: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #32) [message #799819 is a reply to message #799812 ]
Tue, 15 February 2022 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Goose wrote on Tue, 15 February 2022 11:03

Nobody has ever told you you're wrong about Benson (other than you saying that he doesn't hit, when he clearly does). I doubt anybody here feels that strongly about the guy. Personally, I would like to see him play more as I think there might be something there, but I've never said that he's awesome or going to be some kind of star.

Likewise, I don't think that anyone here has ever argued against your point that everyone on the roster needs to contribute. But the reality is that the Oilers don't have a good bottom 6. If they did and they were killing it, nobody would be asking for Benson to play more, I would happily stop advocating for the guy. Speaking for myself, my point is that I would rather see a 23 year old with upside given a push over a guy like Turris or Shore, who we know aren't going to contribute anything and are more likely to give up more than they produce on any given night.

Seriously? I really don't feel like going back and searching the threads but there are many, many replies to anything I said telling me why Benson should be in over this guy or that guy. I'd pointed out how other guys, even if I am not a big fan of theirs been able to produce some offence in similar icetime but been told how Benson is better offensively than this guy or that guy but has 1 assist and barely any shots. He's apparently the 3/4 th best passer on the team yet he has 1 assist. If he's that amazing of a passer, you'd think he would be able to get the puck to a guy in such a great spot that even a plugger can slam it in once in a while to at least get more than 1 assist in 21 games. I've point out a player who I don't really like but were getting played over Benson because they have killed penalties, then corrected Benson is a better PK guy than a bunch of the guys that do it now because for 1 season he did it in the AHL.

So I disagree with you that I am repeatedly told I am wrong about Benson. If you want to make the case that playing Benson is better than Turris. No argument there. Like Benson, Turris doesn't bring anything to the line up in my opinion so if the choice is between a 23/24 yr old and a 32 yr old, I will play the 23 yr old every time but like I said many times, at some point just "trying hard" isn't enough. A player can't keep putting up zeros on every stat line game after game like Benson has. You can look up his game logs and most of the games have nothing but zeros for most of the categories except the odd game with a shot or 2, a few hits here and there but not much else happening. If he was a waiver pick up, I would bet money people would be complaining they wasted a roster spot and cap space on him vs advocating for him to play more. They should be looking for an upgrade on him and if he happens to go on waivers, I'd be surprised if someone picked him up.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #32) [message #799825 is a reply to message #799819 ]
Tue, 15 February 2022 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 15 February 2022 12:01

Seriously? I really don't feel like going back and searching the threads but there are many, many replies to anything I said telling me why Benson should be in over this guy or that guy. I'd pointed out how other guys, even if I am not a big fan of theirs been able to produce some offence in similar icetime but been told how Benson is better offensively than this guy or that guy but has 1 assist and barely any shots. He's apparently the 3/4 th best passer on the team yet he has 1 assist. If he's that amazing of a passer, you'd think he would be able to get the puck to a guy in such a great spot that even a plugger can slam it in once in a while to at least get more than 1 assist in 21 games. I've point out a player who I don't really like but were getting played over Benson because they have killed penalties, then corrected Benson is a better PK guy than a bunch of the guys that do it now because for 1 season he did it in the AHL.

So I disagree with you that I am repeatedly told I am wrong about Benson. If you want to make the case that playing Benson is better than Turris. No argument there. Like Benson, Turris doesn't bring anything to the line up in my opinion so if the choice is between a 23/24 yr old and a 32 yr old, I will play the 23 yr old every time but like I said many times, at some point just "trying hard" isn't enough. A player can't keep putting up zeros on every stat line game after game like Benson has. You can look up his game logs and most of the games have nothing but zeros for most of the categories except the odd game with a shot or 2, a few hits here and there but not much else happening. If he was a waiver pick up, I would bet money people would be complaining they wasted a roster spot and cap space on him vs advocating for him to play more. They should be looking for an upgrade on him and if he happens to go on waivers, I'd be surprised if someone picked him up.

I remember this starting in the expansion draft and if it would be better to protect Archibald or Benson. Whether it's better to keep a known quantity NHLer, even if he has limited upside or a guy that may have some untapped potential.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #32) [message #799826 is a reply to message #799825 ]
Tue, 15 February 2022 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Tue, 15 February 2022 13:07

I remember this starting in the expansion draft and if it would be better to protect Archibald or Benson. Whether it's better to keep a known quantity NHLer, even if he has limited upside or a guy that may have some untapped potential.

Taking the issues with covid and his vax status out of the equation for a minute. I am pretty confident in saying that if Archibald played the same amount of ice time and games played, he's have more goals and points in 21 games than Benson's 1 assist and he would have shots that the 13 in 21 and more hits than Bensons 35 in 21 games while being on their PK.

At some point Benson needs to take whatever potential he supposedly has and turn it into results.

[Updated on: Tue, 15 February 2022 13:20]

Re: Review: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #32) [message #799827 is a reply to message #799826 ]
Tue, 15 February 2022 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 15 February 2022 13:13

Taking the issues with covid and his vax status out of the equation for a minute. I am pretty confident in saying that if Archibald played the same amount of ice time and games played, he's have more goals and points in 21 games than Benson's 1 assist and he would have shots that the 13 in 21 and more hits than Bensons 35 in 21 games while being on their PK.

At somepoint Benson needs to take whatever potential he supposedly has and turn it into results.

Yup. And the debate started long before anyone was worried about vax status

It's fair to say Archibald would have outperformed Benson this year, but only to the level Archibald is capable of... which is a the level of a marginal NHL player. The point of the debate was to find out what Benson's potential is. Maybe he's nothing, that was acknowledged, but no one had any idea of that this summer.

So, your nightly posts are kind of unrelated to what anyone was talking about because the 5-7 goals Archibald probably would have gotten could be seen as a small price to pay to find out if the Oilers could safely move on from Benson. We may be learning that the Oilers can safely walk away from Benson and Archibald.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #32) [message #799828 is a reply to message #799827 ]
Tue, 15 February 2022 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Tue, 15 February 2022 13:19

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 15 February 2022 13:13

At somepoint Benson needs to take whatever potential he supposedly has and turn it into results.

Yup. And the debate started long before anyone was worried about vax status

It's fair to say Archibald would have outperformed Benson this year, but only to the level Archibald is capable of... which is a the level of a marginal NHL player. The point of the debate was to find out what Benson's potential is. Maybe he's nothing, that was acknowledged, but no one had any idea of that this summer.

So, your nightly posts are kind of unrelated to what anyone was talking about because the 5-7 goals Archibald probably would have gotten could be seen as a small price to pay to find out if the Oilers could safely move on from Benson. We may be learning that the Oilers can safely walk away from Benson and Archibald.

Great, glad you said it. I just think when people have to pull out math equations and do detailed frame by frame game analysis to figure out if a players supposedly did something on the ice in a game, in my opinion at least, that's a problem and you should be looking elsewhere for someone else that doesn't take as much effort to try to justify his limited existence who I maintain and will not back down from is, if he wasn't from Edmonton, no one would give a damn about.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #32) [message #799829 is a reply to message #799819 ]
Tue, 15 February 2022 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hitmen4  is currently offline hitmen4

No Cups

The best part about this post is that you're making the same argument here that people have been making all year. Benson deserves the opportunities that are afforded to vets like Turris. That's literally the exact point people have been trying to make.

A+ trolling on your part. Find away to take shots at Benson with every post, stir the pot with Adam whenever you can, completely ignore what people actually post, then come back and agree with the people you are arguing against while still somehow arguing with them? Truly fantastic work. Impressive.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #32) [message #799830 is a reply to message #799829 ]
Tue, 15 February 2022 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

hitmen4 wrote on Tue, 15 February 2022 13:30

The best part about this post is that you're making the same argument here that people have been making all year. Benson deserves the opportunities that are afforded to vets like Turris. That's literally the exact point people have been trying to make.

A+ trolling on your part. Find away to take shots at Benson with every post, stir the pot with Adam whenever you can, completely ignore what people actually post, then come back and agree with the people you are arguing against while still somehow arguing with them? Truly fantastic work. Impressive.

I'd actually prefer the Oilers to waive Benson like they did with Turris. If someone picks Benson up which I'd be stunned, but if they do, oh well. 21 games for me is a long enough look to move on.

Out of respect for Turris because he has a wife and kids, I'd prefer the Oilers to put Turris on LTIR. He is having back issues supposedly and they can just act up whenever. Let him stay with his family, collect his money to finish out his deal and he can go wherever in the offseason but he's not playing on the team again and shipping him to the minors would just put him in the way of younger guys.

Benson, if he passes through waivers which I feel like he would. Go down to Bakersfield, play on their top line because at the AHL level, he's a good player. Help the team make the playoffs and hopefully go on a run which will benefit the developing players. Maybe he can help Holloway find his hands and scoring touch since he missed a whole year.

Then I would use the roster spot/salary that Benson frees up to bring in another player that can do something. Either waivers or a minor trade. But I just don't see the value in keeping guys like Turris and Benson who in my opinion aren't NHLers on your team.

[Updated on: Tue, 15 February 2022 13:51]

Re: Review: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #32) [message #799832 is a reply to message #799830 ]
Tue, 15 February 2022 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 15 February 2022 13:46

hitmen4 wrote on Tue, 15 February 2022 13:30

I'd actually prefer the Oilers to waive Benson like they did with Turris. If someone picks Benson up which I'd be stunned, but if they do, oh well. 21 games for me is a long enough look to move on.

Out of respect for Turris because he has a wife and kids, I'd prefer the Oilers to put Turris on LTIR. He is having back issues supposedly and they act just act up whenever. Let him stay with his family, collect his money to finish out his deal and he can go wherever in the offseason but he's not playing on the team again and shipping him to the minors just put him in the way of younger guys.

Benson, if he passes through waivers which I feel like he would. Go down to Bakersfield, play on their top line because at the AHL level, he's a good player. Help the team make the playoffs and hopefully go on a run which will benefit the developing players. Maybe he can help Holloway find his hands and scoring touch since he missed a whole year.

Then I would use the roster spot/salary that Benson frees up to bring in another player that can do something. Either waivers or a minor trade. But I just don't see the value in keeping guys like Turris and Benson who in my opinion aren't NHLers on your team.

I think what everyone can gather is that you are all in on Benson never being an NHL player and need to constantly put out into the world how he's sure to fail and never even deserved an opportunity to start with. Every chance to talk some crap about Benson needs to be taken to try to talk your hopes into reality.

All good I guess, we all have players we don't like. Woodcroft still seems to feel he's worth putting on over some of the vets. Not giving him much time, but nothing bad happening when he's out there, usually shots/chances are in our favour in his bit of time. Let's see how it goes.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #32) [message #799841 is a reply to message #799812 ]
Tue, 15 February 2022 16:34 Go to previous message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

I concur, no upside with Turris and Shore. Chances are higher that Benson will see an improvement in his game. I actually like a guy that plays a bit of a pest and will actually attempt to do other more physical things when he's currently devoid of offense. Can't say that about a bunch of the rest of the bottom 6 most of whom are at a much higher AAV.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #32) [message #799831 is a reply to message #799779 ]
Tue, 15 February 2022 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cosmicheretic  is currently offline cosmicheretic

No Cups

I attended this game. The building was only about a quarter full in part because of the rediculous booster/testing requirements. I was also annoyed by the fans not understanding the game (booing obvious penalties, Kane etc). I so wanted Kane to score on them but the win was satisfaction enough. The Oil looked the better team. They won puck battles and moved the puck well. Skinner looked very good and the D were in position more often than usual. Was nice to see some secondary scoring. McLeod was flying and I think will be a solid bottom 6 guy for his career.

Previous Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #31)
Next Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ San Jose (Game #32)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca