This day on April 19
None

Happy Birthday To: jari17, trehorse, 5mowill, Dragon_Matt, smyth2007

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #45)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #45) [message #797775]
Thu, 20 January 2022 02:00 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final
Score Prediction
Login To Make Your Prediction

Edmonton to win:   0%
Florida to win:   0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

2021-22 Regular Season
Thursday, January 20, 2022Florida 6 @ Edmonton 0Loss
Saturday, February 26, 2022Edmonton 4 @ Florida 3Win
Home Record: 0-1-0       Road Record: 1-0-0       Overall Record: 1-1-0
Home / Road Goals For: 0/4 Total: 4
Home / Road Goals Against: 6/3 Total: 9

2020-21 Regular Season
Home Record: 0-0-0       Road Record: 0-0-0       Overall Record: 0-0-0
Home / Road Goals For: 0/0 Total: 0
Home / Road Goals Against: 0/0 Total: 0

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #45) [message #797776 is a reply to message #797775 ]
Thu, 20 January 2022 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sinfulchimp306  is currently offline sinfulchimp306

No Cups

Here we go, this next little stretch is the most important in years. MUST WIN

Formerly gagnerisgod.
PLAY LABAMBA BABY

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #45) [message #797777 is a reply to message #797775 ]
Thu, 20 January 2022 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Panthers got thumped by the fLames the other night and followed it up with a relaxing day in Banff. Great for the Oilers.

It’s a must win, no doubt. But the Panthers are winning this one.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #45) [message #797778 is a reply to message #797777 ]
Thu, 20 January 2022 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55 is currently online Kr55

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 20 January 2022 08:18

Panthers got thumped by the fLames the other night and followed it up with a relaxing day in Banff. Great for the Oilers.

It’s a must win, no doubt. But the Panthers are winning this one.

Lucky 13 in a row behind the bench for the Tip? Wonder if he will be pissy. Hope someone asks him after the game

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #45) [message #797779 is a reply to message #797778 ]
Thu, 20 January 2022 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon_Matt  is currently offline Dragon_Matt

No Cups

I hope someone asks him before the game.

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #45) [message #797781 is a reply to message #797779 ]
Thu, 20 January 2022 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

No Cups

Stauffer posted these line combinations the other day

Bob Stauffer
@Bob_Stauffer
·
21h
Foegele-McDavid-Yamamoto
Hyman-Draisaitl-Puljujarvi
Benson-McLeod-Kassian
Shore-Ryan-Sceviour
Turris

Perlini not on ice.
He didn’t finish practice yesterday

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #45) [message #797783 is a reply to message #797781 ]
Thu, 20 January 2022 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

I am not expecting much but with this team, who freaking knows what will happen.

You'd think Koskinen is seeing his NHL career and any chance of a new contract next year with someone disappearing before his eyes and that would motivate him to buckle down, play how you can and stop the bone headed mental stakes that are crippling him and the team but he hasn't yet.

You'd think McD, Leon, Nurse, Barrie, (they seem to be the ones that do it the most), Nuge when he is healthy, and whoever else does all the media, who get asked the same questions over and over and over again about compete, being harder to play against, cutting down on goals, etc, etc would be sick and tired of it and do something about it on the ice. They keep saying "we have to be better" blah, blah, blah. Well go out and do it. Show you care. Go do something different. If as a team isn't competing enough or aren't hard to play against. Go out there first shift and finish your check. It would go along way if a McD or Leon went out there first shift, set the tempo and finished a check. I get it, that's "not their job" well if they did it which isn't the norm for them, it would send the message to the rest that this is how we have play now on. I am going to do it now, what's your excuse ...... whoever else.

Whatever they are doing is not working and hasn't for a long time. Time to do things differently, time to get out of the comfort zone, time to do what you keep saying needs to get done. It needs to start from the first shift from who ever is on the ice first and filter down.

Will they do it, who knows.

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #45) [message #797782 is a reply to message #797775 ]
Thu, 20 January 2022 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Six points out of a wild card spot, four teams to pass. Fortunately the Oilers have games in hand against Dallas (5), Vancouver (4), and Anaheim (6) but there is a hill to climb there. Losing 12 of 14 sure didn't help.

12 of 14!

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #45) [message #797784 is a reply to message #797782 ]
Thu, 20 January 2022 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 20 January 2022 09:31

Six points out of a wild card spot, four teams to pass. Fortunately the Oilers have games in hand against Dallas (5), Vancouver (4), and Anaheim (6) but there is a hill to climb there. Losing 12 of 14 sure didn't help.

12 of 14!

The goal needs to be .500 hockey. So if you start 16-5 your work is cut out for you but the guys found a way. It's inspirational really.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #45) [message #797793 is a reply to message #797782 ]
Thu, 20 January 2022 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 20 January 2022 12:31

12 of 14!

Games in hand are great, but you need to win some of them. Even Chicago is only 2 back.

Stunning that we are yet again talking about our chances to make the playoffs given the start we had.

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #45) [message #797795 is a reply to message #797775 ]
Thu, 20 January 2022 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

I was surprised Calgary score 5 goals on the Panthers, and even more so they held them to 1..
Panthers are high scoring, big, and fast.. might be best team in the East.. going to be a real test for the Oil tonight.. Oil might score 3 or 4, but limiting the pucks in their net will be a chore.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #45) [message #797796 is a reply to message #797775 ]
Thu, 20 January 2022 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Babaganoosh2.0  is currently offline Babaganoosh2.0

No Cups

Our strategy for tonight should be this. If your name is not McDavid or Draisatl don't try anything fancy. If you get pressured at all in your own end. Off the glass and out. If you get pressured at center ice. Off the glass and deep. Get the wingers in deep on the forecheck keep the center high and dig the puck out. Work the puck to the points and bomb quick shots on net. Crash for rebounds. Oh and when in doubt. Off the glass and out.

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #45) [message #797799 is a reply to message #797796 ]
Thu, 20 January 2022 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Babaganoosh2.0 wrote on Thu, 20 January 2022 12:13

Our strategy for tonight should be this. If your name is not McDavid or Draisatl don't try anything fancy. If you get pressured at all in your own end. Off the glass and out. If you get pressured at center ice. Off the glass and deep. Get the wingers in deep on the forecheck keep the center high and dig the puck out. Work the puck to the points and bomb quick shots on net. Crash for rebounds. Oh and when in doubt. Off the glass and out.

Dave Tippett??? Is that you???

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #45) [message #797801 is a reply to message #797799 ]
Thu, 20 January 2022 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

I said forecheck and crash the net. I haven't seen these guys do much of that. Seems to always be a lone guy on 1-4 forecheck. If he does manage to get the puck he then needs to try to make a crappy low percentage pass instead of having support with him. Then on the back check it develops into a 1-3-1 which doesn't pressure until the other team hits our blueline. I'd much rather see a 2-1-2. Slow these guys up coming up ice. Pressure at the red line. Make them dump it in. Get the wingers in deep helping the defenseman. Puck support people. It wins games.

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #45) [message #797802 is a reply to message #797801 ]
Thu, 20 January 2022 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon_Matt  is currently offline Dragon_Matt

No Cups

'get the puck to McD and Leon' hasn't been working. so if everyone else just dumps that means we're going to have very little offence.

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #45) [message #797803 is a reply to message #797802 ]
Thu, 20 January 2022 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Dragon_Matt wrote on Thu, 20 January 2022 12:55

'get the puck to McD and Leon' hasn't been working. so if everyone else just dumps that means we're going to have very little offence.

We have very little offense from them now. My goal is to stay in the game so when Drai and McDavid pot a couple we aren't already down 4. Keep it close and let those guys break the game open. Only hope we got with this bottom six. With our goalie situation we need to do anything to limit the oppositions time on attack.

[Updated on: Thu, 20 January 2022 13:01]

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #45) [message #797804 is a reply to message #797803 ]
Thu, 20 January 2022 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Babaganoosh2.0 wrote on Thu, 20 January 2022 12:59

We have very little offense from them now. My goal is to stay in the game so when Drai and McDavid pot a couple we aren't already down 4. Keep it close and let those guys break the game open. Only hope we got with this bottom six. With our goalie situation we need to do anything to limit the oppositions time on attack.

Have they tried getting the puck to McDavid and Draisaitl? I hear one of them is pissy.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #45) [message #797805 is a reply to message #797804 ]
Thu, 20 January 2022 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 20 January 2022 13:05

Have they tried getting the puck to McDavid and Draisaitl? I hear one of them is pissy.

Quite honestly I'm looking forward to seeing if Drai has some fire in his belly tonight. I don't think Drai is the only Oiler pissy with media over that.

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #45) [message #797808 is a reply to message #797805 ]
Thu, 20 January 2022 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Babaganoosh2.0 wrote on Thu, 20 January 2022 13:12

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 20 January 2022 13:05

Quite honestly I'm looking forward to seeing if Drai has some fire in his belly tonight. I don't think Drai is the only Oiler pissy with media over that.

The entire team should be pissy. If they want the media to throw them softball questions and do nothing but tell them how great they are, stop playing like a bunch of idiots and win some games. They are the only ones that can fix their problems.

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #45) [message #797806 is a reply to message #797803 ]
Thu, 20 January 2022 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

As an entire team, I would like to see them play a more simple game. I know that McD and to a lesser extent Leon are capable of deking through 3 or 4 guys and the off time it actually works but maybe pick your spots a little better? Like when your line is changing, maybe that isn't the best time to go 1-3. OR when you have a player going hard to the net, maybe put the puck on goal is the better play than trying to thread a pass through 2 guys as one is laying down on the ice blocking your pass.

Now I know the old boring shot and banging in the rebound won't make any top 10 goals of the year list like going through 4 guys or putting a pass through 3 sets of legs will but it works. Just a suggestion.

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #45) [message #797807 is a reply to message #797801 ]
Thu, 20 January 2022 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Babaganoosh2.0 wrote on Thu, 20 January 2022 11:53

I said forecheck and crash the net. .. It wins games.

Agree.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #45) [message #797810 is a reply to message #797775 ]
Thu, 20 January 2022 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Hardy Astrom Sweepstakes (Panthers vs Oil)[ 11 vote(s) ]
1.< 1 min 1 / 9%
2.< 2 min 3 / 27%
3.< 5 min 1 / 9%
4.< 10 min 3 / 27%
5.< 20 min 0 / 0%
6.59th minute 0 / 0%
7.Shut Out! 3 / 27%

Hardy Astrom Sweepstakes!
How long until the first goal goes in the Oil net?

https://static0.thesportsterimages.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Hardy-Astrom-goaliesarchive1.jpg?q=25&fit=crop&w=320&dpr=1.5

[Updated on: Thu, 20 January 2022 15:46]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #45) [message #797814 is a reply to message #797810 ]
Thu, 20 January 2022 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Under 5 minutes. Followed by another one less than 5 minutes later.

Hope I’m wrong, but truly think the Oilers are gonna get pumped tonight.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #45) [message #797820 is a reply to message #797775 ]
Thu, 20 January 2022 18:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

Keys to game.

- Put Leon and Connor back together if trailing after 20.
- Keep 97 on ice for entire PP’s, regardless if he had a 75 second shift prior to PP.
- Separate Leon and Connor if trailing after 40.
- Glare in general direction of Oiler net.
- Ignore time out option.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #45) [message #797826 is a reply to message #797820 ]
Thu, 20 January 2022 19:21 Go to previous message
Kr55 is currently online Kr55

6 Cups

g2k wrote on Thu, 20 January 2022 18:31

Keys to game.

- Put Leon and Connor back together if trailing after 20.
- Keep 97 on ice for entire PP’s, regardless if he had a 75 second shift prior to PP.
- Separate Leon and Connor if trailing after 40.
- Glare in general direction of Oiler net.
- Ignore time out option.

My keys
- Try to not get scored on
- Score more than the other guys
- Spend 90% of rest time trying to make refs your BFF
- Be angry, but not pissy

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Previous Topic:GDT: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #45)
Next Topic:Review: Ottawa @ Edmonton (Game #40)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca