This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Ottawa @ Edmonton (Game #40)Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Review: Ottawa @ Edmonton (Game #40) [message #797555 is a reply to message #797553 ]
Mon, 17 January 2022 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Mon, 17 January 2022 13:55

GabbyDugan wrote on Mon, 17 January 2022 09:48

No doubt about it. That game Saturday night was an absolute stinker from the Oilers. I'm going to look like a naive hick trying to draw some positives from that fiasco, but that never stopped me before.

Never surrender, boys. Never surrender.

Sadly lost my resolve on Saturday, after waiting 10 days for a game, it was super bummer, I'm back on board! .. OK .. might still be draggin' one toe on the ground.. :)

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTq98KGW6Fd4oifZhp81lBOUiL_IId28OF45unLJRw2dfK6Nb-gf7RjIOZFRfPw3pstORQ&usqp=CAU

I'll note Sir Winston didn't say anything about fighting on the ice. The ice they can have.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Ottawa @ Edmonton (Game #40) [message #797561 is a reply to message #797555 ]
Mon, 17 January 2022 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

No Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Mon, 17 January 2022 14:01

No doubt about it. That game Saturday night was an absolute stinker from the Oilers. I'm going to look like a naive hick trying to draw some positives from that fiasco, but that never stopped me before.

Sadly lost my resolve on Saturday, after waiting 10 days for a game, it was super bummer, I'm back on board! .. OK .. might still be draggin' one toe on the ground.. :)

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTq98KGW6Fd4oifZhp81lBOUiL_IId28OF45unLJRw2dfK6Nb-gf7RjIOZFRfPw3pstORQ&usqp=CAU

I'll note Sir Winston didn't say anything about fighting on the ice. The ice they can have.

Corey Hart stole "Never Surrender" from Winston Churchill? icon_eek Shame on you, Corey. I thought you created the term in 1985 with your megahit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X5SBVW5hzI

Re: Review: Ottawa @ Edmonton (Game #40) [message #797564 is a reply to message #797561 ]
Mon, 17 January 2022 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Mon, 17 January 2022 14:54

CrusaderPi wrote on Mon, 17 January 2022 14:01

Corey Hart stole "Never Surrender" from Winston Churchill? icon_eek Shame on you, Corey. I thought you created the term in 1985 with your megahit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X5SBVW5hzI

Huh. Good catch. I thought it was Galaxy Quest.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Review: Ottawa @ Edmonton (Game #40) [message #797572 is a reply to message #797561 ]
Mon, 17 January 2022 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Mon, 17 January 2022 13:54

Man, way to ruin a great quote! faint

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Ottawa @ Edmonton (Game #40) [message #797463 is a reply to message #797431 ]
Sat, 15 January 2022 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

All that practice and systems work, they score 4 but give up 5 in the 3rd including an EN. I can't see where this group is anywhere close.

Epic collapse, and the tragedy continues to unfold.

Kenny Holland needs to get to work. Plan A isn't working, and he's got some moves that need to be made.

Re: Review: Ottawa @ Edmonton (Game #40) [message #797485 is a reply to message #797463 ]
Sun, 16 January 2022 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Sat, 15 January 2022 22:56

Kenny Holland needs to get to work. Plan A isn't working, and he's got some moves that need to be made.

Plan B? There’s a Plan B?

Be afraid then. Be very afraid.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Review: Ottawa @ Edmonton (Game #40) [message #797558 is a reply to message #797463 ]
Mon, 17 January 2022 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

No Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Sat, 15 January 2022 22:56

All that practice and systems work, they score 4 but give up 5 in the 3rd including an EN. I can't see where this group is anywhere close.

Epic collapse, and the tragedy continues to unfold.

Was listening to Bruce McCurdy on Lowetide's show last Wednesday. He spoke of secondary scoring by the Oilers when Draisaitl and or McDavid are not on the ice. (McCurdy is one of the old school journalists I like to pay attention to. Don't know why he hangs out with dinosaurs like Staples and Lowetide.)

Anyways, McCurdy pointed out that the Oilers when McDavid and Draisaitl were not on the ice at 5 on 5 were 41% in Ciarelli's last season as GM. They were 38% in Holland's first season as GM, 36 % in his second season, and 33% in the third season. I would attribute some of this to Draisaitl and McDavid being better and better as the years go by, but that should apply to the guys Holland is bringing in too.

Re: Review: Ottawa @ Edmonton (Game #40) [message #797464 is a reply to message #797431 ]
Sat, 15 January 2022 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

https://i.cbc.ca/1.5169184.1560184895!/fileImage/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/16x9_780/bob.jpg

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Review: Ottawa @ Edmonton (Game #40) [message #797466 is a reply to message #797431 ]
Sat, 15 January 2022 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Meh it’s fine guys, we’re overreacting!

*Looks at upcoming 10 game schedule*

faint

Panthers x2, Lightning, Hurricanes, Caps, Preds... a flames team that lets be honest, is gonna physically (and likely mentally) dominate this team, a Canucks team that has been substantially better since the firings, these same Sens that just embarrassed you and the Habs (who you’ll find a way to lose to...)

0-10 coming up!

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Review: Ottawa @ Edmonton (Game #40) [message #797467 is a reply to message #797431 ]
Sat, 15 January 2022 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Apparently media are in waiting mode... Connor left podium and it’s a bit of a delay for Kassian getting up there. Sounds like a meetings occurring.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Ottawa @ Edmonton (Game #40) [message #797494 is a reply to message #797431 ]
Sun, 16 January 2022 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55 is currently online Kr55

6 Cups

Jim Matheson @jimmathesonnhl
A six week run with six out if possible 28 points is not a blip on screen. Oilers are easy to play against physically and we have said that for how long? No other way to say it: loss to Sens is a massive choke up 3-1

Matty concludes there is not enough toughness on this team. Time to move some skill out for more toughness I guess.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Review: Ottawa @ Edmonton (Game #40) [message #797568 is a reply to message #797431 ]
Mon, 17 January 2022 15:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Tippett today feeds the media a quote about work ethic - suggests as an example that players are getting in the lane to block shots, but not really in the lane.

See, it's not really his fault at all - just these players who think or pretend they're working hard when they aren't.

Rishaug and Spector both with multiple tweets in support of this.

At least he's not just piling on the goalie again I guess.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Ottawa @ Edmonton (Game #40) [message #797570 is a reply to message #797568 ]
Mon, 17 January 2022 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 17 January 2022 15:40

Tippett today feeds the media a quote about work ethic - suggests as an example that players are getting in the lane to block shots, but not really in the lane.

See, it's not really his fault at all - just these players who think or pretend they're working hard when they aren't.

Just need more of those blocked shots. Any more Russell's out there we can trade for?

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Review: Ottawa @ Edmonton (Game #40) [message #797573 is a reply to message #797568 ]
Mon, 17 January 2022 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 17 January 2022 14:40

He's right though, not a lot of those point shots ever get blocked, I've noticed it, especially noticeable when you compare it to how many Oiler shots get blocked in the same game.
I don't want McD, LD, blocking shots but everyone else should be cannon fodder.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Ottawa @ Edmonton (Game #40) [message #797574 is a reply to message #797573 ]
Mon, 17 January 2022 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Mon, 17 January 2022 15:52

He's right though, not a lot of those point shots ever get blocked, I've noticed it, especially noticeable when you compare it to how many Oiler shots get blocked in the same game.

We could also try to not stop playing every time we get a lead. One of the lamest teams in the league with a 1 goal lead. Although we just suck 5v5 in general. 29th in the league GF% 5v5 with a lead though. Terrible.

Next team coming to town is the best with a lead. They never stop the attack. Wonder how it will go.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Review: Ottawa @ Edmonton (Game #40) [message #797575 is a reply to message #797574 ]
Mon, 17 January 2022 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 17 January 2022 15:56

We could also try to not stop playing every time we get a lead. One of the lamest teams in the league with a 1 goal lead. Although we just suck 5v5 in general. 29th in the league GF% 5v5 with a lead though. Terrible.

Next team coming to town is the best with a lead. They never stop the attack. Wonder how it will go.

Yeah, Tippett's always been a fan of calling off the dogs. Get up by a couple goals and then just try not to lose for the rest of the game. If isn't a great strategy...I think that's probably more the problem than people not blocking enough shots or only THINKING that they're working hard enough.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Review: Ottawa @ Edmonton (Game #40) [message #797671 is a reply to message #797575 ]
Tue, 18 January 2022 19:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 17 January 2022 15:04

Yeah, Tippett's always been a fan of calling off the dogs. Get up by a couple goals and then just try not to lose for the rest of the game. If isn't a great strategy...I think that's probably more the problem than people not blocking enough shots or only THINKING that they're working hard enough.

That only works if you have a stacked blueline of shutdown guys and a top end goalie.

The fact Tippett thinks he can do that with the current roster says alot about his ability to adjust based on what he has to work with.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Review: Ottawa @ Edmonton (Game #40) [message #797674 is a reply to message #797671 ]
Tue, 18 January 2022 20:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

nullterm wrote on Tue, 18 January 2022 19:59

That only works if you have a stacked blueline of shutdown guys and a top end goalie.

The fact Tippett thinks he can do that with the current roster says alot about his ability to adjust based on what he has to work with.

One day Smith will go full 2011-2012. Just need patience.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Review: Ottawa @ Edmonton (Game #40) [message #797675 is a reply to message #797674 ]
Tue, 18 January 2022 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 18 January 2022 20:15

I think that day was last season.

Re: Review: Ottawa @ Edmonton (Game #40) [message #797679 is a reply to message #797675 ]
Tue, 18 January 2022 21:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Tue, 18 January 2022 21:01

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 18 January 2022 20:15

I think that day was last season.

Still waiting for it in playoffs though. It'll come. If not this year we still can try again next season.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Review: Ottawa @ Edmonton (Game #40) [message #797584 is a reply to message #797574 ]
Mon, 17 January 2022 16:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

My guess is if the Fla game gets to a 3 goal deficit, it might just get to 6 or 7. At some point the hand probably gets forced by the players if they think the coach is out of answers. It's not all the coach, it's personnel provided by the GM, and there's some player onus as well. Clearly the coach is the first domino to fall, you would think.....it always goes that way. Or, status quo? confused2

Re: Review: Ottawa @ Edmonton (Game #40) [message #797647 is a reply to message #797431 ]
Tue, 18 January 2022 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

I see the Oilers put Willy Lagesson on waivers. I guess we'll see if anybody sees more in him than Tippett.

Re: Review: Ottawa @ Edmonton (Game #40) [message #797716 is a reply to message #797647 ]
Wed, 19 January 2022 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon_Matt  is currently offline Dragon_Matt

No Cups

now that he's moving back to the AHL our D problems are solved.

Re: Review: Ottawa @ Edmonton (Game #40) [message #797723 is a reply to message #797716 ]
Wed, 19 January 2022 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Dragon_Matt wrote on Wed, 19 January 2022 13:00

Sadly, the Oilers made the move in order to activate Kris Russell. However, he'll likely just be on the taxi squad.

Re: Review: Ottawa @ Edmonton (Game #40) [message #797734 is a reply to message #797723 ]
Wed, 19 January 2022 15:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 19 January 2022 14:49

Sadly, the Oilers made the move in order to activate Kris Russell. However, he'll likely just be on the taxi squad.

Laggy is in taxi squad. Russell is playing tomorrow night... maybe he’ll be able to block that first shot and help out Koski

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Ottawa @ Edmonton (Game #40) [message #797735 is a reply to message #797734 ]
Wed, 19 January 2022 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 19 January 2022 15:22

Laggy is in taxi squad. Russell is playing tomorrow night... maybe he’ll be able to block that first shot and help out Koski

Not a shot of it's blocked icon_wink

All up to Kostko to save the first counted shot! rock

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Review: Ottawa @ Edmonton (Game #40) [message #797737 is a reply to message #797735 ]
Wed, 19 January 2022 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 19 January 2022 16:26

Touché good sir.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Ottawa @ Edmonton (Game #40) [message #797743 is a reply to message #797737 ]
Wed, 19 January 2022 16:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 19 January 2022 15:27

Touché good sir.

Also, it's just as likely that Russell kicks the first one in our own net. Remember - this is a guy who outscored the entire depth forwards group of the Oilers with his own goals in the Chicago series...

Re: Review: Ottawa @ Edmonton (Game #40) [message #797759 is a reply to message #797743 ]
Wed, 19 January 2022 18:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 19 January 2022 17:05

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 19 January 2022 15:27

Touché good sir.

Also, it's just as likely that Russell kicks the first one in our own net. Remember - this is a guy who outscored the entire depth forwards group of the Oilers with his own goals in the Chicago series...

That’s more of a slight on Olympians Patrick Russell and Gaetan Haas 😉

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Ottawa @ Edmonton (Game #40) [message #797763 is a reply to message #797759 ]
Wed, 19 January 2022 19:04 Go to previous message

3 Cups

Who scores Last in the Olympic Games Toby Cup?[ 8 vote(s) ]
1.G. Haas 2 / 25%
2.P. Russell 5 / 63%
3.0-0 Tie! 1 / 13%

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 19 January 2022 17:25

That’s more of a slight on Olympians Patrick Russell and Gaetan Haas 😉

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Review: Ottawa @ Edmonton (Game #40) [message #797713 is a reply to message #797431 ]
Wed, 19 January 2022 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

With all the negativity generated from the last game, here is a refreshing interview from B. Perlini.
A pulse of positivity to put things into perspective.

The guy has a great attitude.
https://www.nhl.com/oilers/video/raw--perlini-011722/t-27743 7406/c-10244514

But.. he could still finish a check once in a while!

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]  
Previous Topic:Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #45)
Next Topic:Skinner in covid protocol
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca