Wed, 06 March 2019 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 06 March 2019 13:46

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 06 March 2019 12:22

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 06 March 2019 12:59

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 06 March 2019 11:53

CrudeRemarks wrote on Wed, 06 March 2019 12:26

I think the right guy is Gretzky. I mean, unless Messier wants it. Or Coffey. Actually what's Fuhr doing these days?

Naw man, Billy Guerin!

The problem with this site is I have no clue anymore if what people say is legit or not.

Guerin has been the Assistant GM for one of the best teams in the league the Pens since June 2014. So I'd think he would have a lot of qualities to be able to do the job. BUt he played with the Oilers for a few seasons so doesn't that disqualify him in the eyes of the fans?

That's why I brought him up. I actually heard Stauffer talk about Guerin yesterday (I think it was yesterday), so I mean perhaps it has legs.

All in all, he, much like Keith Gretzky, has worked his way through the ranks and both have shown competency at the assistant level.

I don't anticipate a WOW hiring to be honest. My hope is it's just someone competent and with strong negotation skills.

My one worry about Guerin is now how the Pens have picked up Jack JOhnson and Gudbranson. THese guys are analytics horror shows, and Guerin is the head of the Pens analytics department. How did that happen? hehe

Eh, I couldn't imagine BG coming up here anyway. He'll get 3 more years under Rutherford and then the Penguins will be his... unfortunately for him Crosby may not have much left after those 3 years.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Chiarelli Fired [message #732454 is a reply to message #732451 ]
Wed, 06 March 2019 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

No Cups

Well, according to Nielsen's article on ON they started with 10 candidates, and are now (per Dreger) down to 6.
Those being:

1. Keith Gretzky
2. Kelly McCrimmon
3. Mark Hunter
4. Mike Futa
5. Sean Burke (ties with Hockey Canada & a legendary goalie whisperer)
6. Dave Nonis (who has to be included simply for comedic value, no?)

Don't really know anything about Mike Futa, but McCrimmon & Hunter both seemed to be popular candidates with fans when the GM spot opened up.

Which means they'll probably go with Nonis or Burke.

Re: Chiarelli Fired [message #732457 is a reply to message #732454 ]
Wed, 06 March 2019 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Wed, 06 March 2019 14:15

Well, according to Nielsen's article on ON they started with 10 candidates, and are now (per Dreger) down to 6.
Those being:

1. Keith Gretzky
2. Kelly McCrimmon
3. Mark Hunter
4. Mike Futa
5. Sean Burke (ties with Hockey Canada & a legendary goalie whisperer)
6. Dave Nonis (who has to be included simply for comedic value, no?)

Don't really know anything about Mike Futa, but McCrimmon & Hunter both seemed to be popular candidates with fans when the GM spot opened up.

Which means they'll probably go with Nonis or Burke.

I have read/heard that Futa is held in the same regard as Paul Fenton (in Minny). Futa gets a lot of credit in building the 2012/14 Cup teams in LA, he was the guy responsible for restructuring their amateur scouting staff as VP Ops and Director of Player Personnel under Lombardi. Assistant under Blake. Was in the running for Sabres and Hurricanes GM roles of late.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Chiarelli Fired [message #732443 is a reply to message #732435 ]
Wed, 06 March 2019 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 06 March 2019 11:59

The problem with this site is I have no clue anymore if what people say is legit or not.

Guerin has been the Assistant GM for one of the best teams in the league the Pens since June 2014. So I'd think he would have a lot of qualities to be able to do the job. BUt he played with the Oilers for a few seasons so doesn't that disqualify him in the eyes of the fans?

Chances are good that the best candidate for this job is NOT a former player. I think that former players generally don't have the skill sets, and they don't even realize what the skill sets required are - so they don't hire good help.

I believe Edmonton is an echo chamber of old players and their buddies, so adding another buddy to that mix, even if it's Steve Yzerman, is probably not a great decision. Find someone with negotiating experience and deal-making experience with a strong understanding of numbers and no qualms about leveraging staff with different viewpoints and skills.

I wouldn't trust anything from Bob Stauffer on the Oilers management. He literally says what he's asked to...we saw the same thing with Eakins. Big supporter right up until the point that person is removed, and then actively smearing them on behalf of the organization in order to protect the cockroaches that never leave...

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Chiarelli Fired [message #732412 is a reply to message #732408 ]
Wed, 06 March 2019 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Magnum wrote on Wed, 06 March 2019 09:58

I’m guessing that Gretzky is hoping to duck the GM position and do straight into the untouchable, entrenched, management role, with his friends. That’s were I’d rather be. That’s where the job security and booze is!

Eh, he’s Wayne’s brother... pretty sure the booze will be wherever he goes. But yeah absolutely. Get out of the firing line and into an advisor role on the “non-hockey ops” side of OEG. VP of Pizza Acquisitions perhaps.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Chiarelli Fired [message #732430 is a reply to message #732412 ]
Wed, 06 March 2019 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

There is a TON of talk from the fans about the Oilers not hiring another old Oiler or anyone with any kind of ties to any old Oiler. Ex. Keith Gretzky because of his last name. There is also a lot of talk about any old Hockey Canada guys, guys who Nicholson would know. So that would eliminate a lot of guys.

But here is a question.

IF all of that is true, why would anyone accept Yzerman in some capacity? I think adding him to the organization in some capacity is most of everyone's dream but he is a big time Hockey Canada guy so he'd be a Nicholson guy. So why would that be acceptable?

I am just curious what are people's limits as to what is acceptable when it comes to involvement with either old Oilers or Hockey Canada guys. I am not advocating for Gretzky or anyone, I am just curious how far it would go for people? Nicholson being the main guy for Hockey Canada all those years would have worked with or have relationships with A LOT of people in the NHL.

[Updated on: Wed, 06 March 2019 11:51]

Re: Chiarelli Fired [message #732434 is a reply to message #732430 ]
Wed, 06 March 2019 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 06 March 2019 12:36

There is a TON of talk from the fans about the Oilers not hiring another old Oiler or anyone with any kind of ties to any old Oiler. Ex. Keith Gretzky because of his last name. There is also a lot of talk about any old Hockey Canada guys, guys who Nicholson would know. So that would eliminate a lot of guys.

But here is a question.

IF all of that is true, why would anyone accept Yzerman in some capacity? I think adding him to the organization in some capacity is most of everyone's dream but he is a big time Hockey Canada guy so he'd be a Nicholson guy. So why would that be acceptable?

I am just curious what are people's limits as to what is acceptable when it comes to involvement with either old Oilers or Hockey Canada guys. I am not advocating for Gretzky or anyone, I am just curious how far it would go for people? Nicholson being the main guy for Hockey Canada all those years would have worked with or have relationships with A LOT of people in the NHL.

Is say it would acceptable bc of what he did with Tampa. Now, how much of that was Yzerman and how much was Florida’s tax breaks, I don’t know. But the drafting and development record of his time there is pretty good. And he made trades that bettered his team, not worsened or kept it status quo. His body of work with Tampa is what would make him an acceptable hire imo.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Chiarelli Fired [message #732459 is a reply to message #732434 ]
Wed, 06 March 2019 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 06 March 2019 11:55

But here is a question.

Is say it would acceptable bc of what he did with Tampa. Now, how much of that was Yzerman and how much was Florida’s tax breaks, I don’t know. But the drafting and development record of his time there is pretty good. And he made trades that bettered his team, not worsened or kept it status quo. His body of work with Tampa is what would make him an acceptable hire imo.

I agree with you. It would be a dream scenario. I don't actually think it would happen. I just wonder because I see and hear a lot about how in a lot of fans minds, the guy can't have any ties to any old Oilers and there is lost of hate towards anyone with Hockey Canada. So I was just curious how far it goes.

Re: Chiarelli Fired [message #732461 is a reply to message #732459 ]
Wed, 06 March 2019 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 06 March 2019 13:58

But here is a question.

I agree with you. It would be a dream scenario. I don't actually think it would happen. I just wonder because I see and hear a lot about how in a lot of fans minds, the guy can't have any ties to any old Oilers and there is lost of hate towards anyone with Hockey Canada. So I was just curious how far it goes.

The thing with Yzerman in Tampa is that he was surrounded by non-hockey players who helped on any number of different fronts. It's not clear whether that was set up by Yzerman, or by ownership. I do wonder if he felt constrained there to a point because he rather abruptly left Tampa, and the team didn't miss a beat.

I really worry here that he'd just be one more voice in that echo chamber with no viewpoints other than a bunch of old players who have no clue about anything to do with numbers.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Chiarelli Fired [message #732464 is a reply to message #732461 ]
Wed, 06 March 2019 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 06 March 2019 15:15

But here is a question.

The thing with Yzerman in Tampa is that he was surrounded by non-hockey players who helped on any number of different fronts. It's not clear whether that was set up by Yzerman, or by ownership. I do wonder if he felt constrained there to a point because he rather abruptly left Tampa, and the team didn't miss a beat.

I really worry here that he'd just be one more voice in that echo chamber with no viewpoints other than a bunch of old players who have no clue about anything to do with numbers.

But Chiarelli wasn’t a player (in the NHL anyway). So they’ve tried the player route (Lowe, Tambellini, MacT) and the non-player route (Chiarelli), yet the echo chamber, as you put it, is ripe with former players. I’d argue that MacT learned about numbers through his EMBA and Lowe at least knows how to count to 6, if that was ever a concern.

So really, what I’m getting at is, will it really matter who they bring in? Former player or not. Unless this guy gets the current state of the NHL and has a pulse on the direction it’s heading. But even if he does, will he TRULY have full autonomy?

THAT. To me, is the problem. It won’t matter who they hire. Bc the rot is still here. You can’t just replace drywall and expect all your problems to disappear when the studs are still rotten. ...ew, I just referred to the OBC as studs.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Chiarelli Fired [message #732465 is a reply to message #732464 ]
Wed, 06 March 2019 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

To me the problem was there really was no one higher than Chia when it came to Hockey stuff. Nicholson was his boss but he's mostly a business guy. Yes he has some input but I don't think the high ups had a lot of input. They were more worried about the new rink, getting World Juniors, Hilinka cups. Chia was the boss. He was the Pres and the GM, so what he decided ultimately was what happened. I think they need a strong Hockey Pres and then a GM.

Re: Chiarelli Fired [message #732467 is a reply to message #732465 ]
Wed, 06 March 2019 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 06 March 2019 14:43

To me the problem was there really was no one higher than Chia when it came to Hockey stuff. Nicholson was his boss but he's mostly a business guy. Yes he has some input but I don't think the high ups had a lot of input. They were more worried about the new rink, getting World Juniors, Hilinka cups. Chia was the boss. He was the Pres and the GM, so what he decided ultimately was what happened. I think they need a strong Hockey Pres and then a GM.

You're dreaming. They were all in the room, they were all at the draft table and they all had a say. Lowe, MacT, Howson, Nicholson, Gretzky, Gretzky and more were all there. Chiarelli had likely the least power of anyone in that dynamic because he's the most removed from Katz, and good ol' Daryl doesn't care a whit for the former captain of Harvard's hockey team.

Chia sucked hard. He is panicky, he's a terrible negotiator and he doesn't know how to handle young players. But he's surrounded by a bunch of other dinosaurs who also don't know what they're doing but who all also think they're really good at this...which is why the Oilers management can be summed up with this photo:

https://ih0.redbubble.net/image.647049940.8063/poster%2C210x230%2Cf8f8f8-pad%2C210x230%2Cf8f8f8.lite-1u2.jpg

Re: Chiarelli Fired [message #732466 is a reply to message #732464 ]
Wed, 06 March 2019 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 06 March 2019 14:30

Adam wrote on Wed, 06 March 2019 15:15

But here is a question.

But Chiarelli wasn’t a player (in the NHL anyway). So they’ve tried the player route (Lowe, Tambellini, MacT) and the non-player route (Chiarelli), yet the echo chamber, as you put it, is ripe with former players. I’d argue that MacT learned about numbers through his EMBA and Lowe at least knows how to count to 6, if that was ever a concern.

So really, what I’m getting at is, will it really matter who they bring in? Former player or not. Unless this guy gets the current state of the NHL and has a pulse on the direction it’s heading. But even if he does, will he TRULY have full autonomy?

THAT. To me, is the problem. It won’t matter who they hire. Bc the rot is still here. You can’t just replace drywall and expect all your problems to disappear when the studs are still rotten. ...ew, I just referred to the OBC as studs.

Oh yeah, I'm totally on board with that. Those idiots aren't going to stay uninvolved. They're always going to be sharing their opinion - possibly first with the decision maker, possibly with the owner, but either way, just totally poisoning the well. They want to be the Wizard of Oz, pulling the levers behind the curtains. And they just want the GM to be the guy they can throw down to the villagers with the pitchforks whenever they come calling.

Lowe and friends all envision themselves heading out on to the ice to take their turn lifting a Stanley Cup again, and letting it be known far and wide that they played a real role in getting the team there.

I think if you hire someone competent, they have a fraction of a chance though of making a positive difference. I think if you hire another hockey player with a GED and maybe even an E-MBA, then we're going to flop face first again immediately.

For what it's worth, I hope that the rumblings about McDavid being unhappy about all the losing are true. I see his agent approaching Katz directly as one of the only chances this team has to regain respectability. Somehow, I don't think Nicholson asking for tips from other GMs is a path to the Stanley Cup...

Re: Chiarelli Fired [message #733931 is a reply to message #728592 ]
Sat, 23 March 2019 19:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2019/03/evening-notes-hitchc ock-chiarelli-husso-fox-vidmar-capitals.html

Quote:

Speaking of Chiarelli, The Athletic’s Jeremy Rutherford reports that the former GM has been seen in the Blues’ management booth alongside St. Louis general manager Doug Armstrong. While there is no word on whether Armstrong is considering bringing Chiarelli aboard or what role he might have in St. Louis, Rutherford points out that Armstrong has a history of hiring former GMs, including Bob Gainey and Dave Tippett.

GOod for Chia I guess...

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Chiarelli Fired [message #733932 is a reply to message #733931 ]
Sat, 23 March 2019 20:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
overdue  is currently offline overdue

No Cups

Chia is a good guy and gets along famously with many of the GM's in the league. I'm sure the culture in St Louis will be a good fit for him.

Re: Chiarelli Fired [message #733933 is a reply to message #733932 ]
Sat, 23 March 2019 21:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
darkknight  is currently offline darkknight

No Cups

We better get a 2nd rounder for him just like we paid.

He shoots, he Sykoras

Re: Chiarelli Fired [message #733950 is a reply to message #733932 ]
Sun, 24 March 2019 16:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
steve.kreys  is currently offline steve.kreys

No Cups

overdue wrote on Sat, 23 March 2019 20:25

Chia is a good guy and gets along famously with many of the GM's in the league. I'm sure the culture in St Louis will be a good fit for him.

Did he win any deals? That is why other GMS love him

Re: Chiarelli Fired [message #733934 is a reply to message #733931 ]
Sat, 23 March 2019 22:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 23 March 2019 18:49

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2019/03/evening-notes-hitchc ock-chiarelli-husso-fox-vidmar-capitals.html

Quote:

Speaking of Chiarelli, The Athletic’s Jeremy Rutherford reports that the former GM has been seen in the Blues’ management booth alongside St. Louis general manager Doug Armstrong. While there is no word on whether Armstrong is considering bringing Chiarelli aboard or what role he might have in St. Louis, Rutherford points out that Armstrong has a history of hiring former GMs, including Bob Gainey and Dave Tippett.

GOod for Chia I guess...

I for one hope Chia ends up as the Blues General Manager with fully trade autonomy, in fact we should be the first to call and congratulate him.

.... because getting Pietrangelo for pennies on the dollar is going to be sweet!

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Chiarelli Fired [message #733951 is a reply to message #733934 ]
Sun, 24 March 2019 16:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
steve.kreys  is currently offline steve.kreys

No Cups

Why no love for Brian Burke?

He would make a great Oiler GM

Re: Chiarelli Fired [message #733953 is a reply to message #733951 ]
Sun, 24 March 2019 18:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

steve.kreys wrote on Sun, 24 March 2019 15:50

They’d have to rent a barn for the job interview...

Re: Chiarelli Fired [message #733959 is a reply to message #733951 ]
Sun, 24 March 2019 20:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WhoreableGuy  is currently offline WhoreableGuy

No Cups

steve.kreys wrote on Sun, 24 March 2019 16:50

I’d like him for the fact he would fire everyone there right now and appoint a fresh and new team. He said he wouldn’t take the job if he wasn’t guaranteed that so it will never happen.

"Bah Gawd! Would somebody stop the damn draft!"

- Jim Ross calling the NHL Draft Lotto 2015 as the Oilers win

Re: Chiarelli Fired [message #733964 is a reply to message #733951 ]
Sun, 24 March 2019 21:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Stauffer has brought the question to Burke on Oilers Now, seeeeveral times, and Burke says he has no interest in returning to a management position in the NHL as he is loving the stage of life that he is in.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Chiarelli Fired [message #733967 is a reply to message #733964 ]
Sun, 24 March 2019 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sun, 24 March 2019 21:14

Stauffer has brought the question to Burke on Oilers Now, seeeeveral times, and Burke says he has no interest in returning to a management position in the NHL as he is loving the stage of life that he is in.

Pretty sure he's next in line to be 'Old Man That Yells At Clouds' on HNIC after the current old fart dies or moves on.

Re: Chiarelli Fired [message #733973 is a reply to message #733967 ]
Sun, 24 March 2019 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Sun, 24 March 2019 22:03

Pretty sure he's next in line to be 'Old Man That Yells At Clouds' on HNIC after the current old fart dies or moves on.

Coach's Corner becomes Burkie's Bits

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Chiarelli Fired [message #734026 is a reply to message #733973 ]
Mon, 25 March 2019 18:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sun, 24 March 2019 23:01

NetBOG wrote on Sun, 24 March 2019 22:03

Coach's Corner becomes Burkie's Bits

Instead of really bad suits it will be really bad haircuts.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Chiarelli Fired [message #739114 is a reply to message #728592 ]
Thu, 20 June 2019 18:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Andrew Walker @AndrewWalker650
Have been told that it's possible Peter Chiarelli winds up joining #Canucks in some capacity.

I would love to see the Benning+Chia dream team.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Chiarelli Fired [message #739116 is a reply to message #739114 ]
Thu, 20 June 2019 18:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goose  is currently offline Goose

1 Cup

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 20 June 2019 17:40

Have been told that it's possible Peter Chiarelli winds up joining #Canucks in some capacity.

The Lucic to Vancouver rumours are true!!

Oilers Goal Differential
17/18: 234 GF / 263 GA (-29)
18/19: 232 GF / 274 GA (-42)
19/20 (82 game pace): 257 GF / 254 GA (+3) in 64 games
2021 (82 game pace):269 GF / 235 GA (+34) after 38 games

Re: Chiarelli Fired [message #739119 is a reply to message #739116 ]
Thu, 20 June 2019 18:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Goose wrote on Thu, 20 June 2019 18:49

I'd be worried though that Chia would want to keep Eriksson too. Instead of Eriksson for Lucic we would get some crap like a 1st and 2nd round pick.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Chiarelli Fired [message #739127 is a reply to message #739119 ]
Thu, 20 June 2019 20:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 20 June 2019 17:54

Goose wrote on Thu, 20 June 2019 18:49

I'd be worried though that Chia would want to keep Eriksson too. Instead of Eriksson for Lucic we would get some crap like a 1st and 2nd round pick.

"*sigh* already, Peter, you twisted my arm to take your 1st rounder for Milan. Send the fax." *click* *uncontrolled laughter*

It would be nice to be on the benefiting side for a change.

Re: Chiarelli Fired [message #739117 is a reply to message #739114 ]
Thu, 20 June 2019 18:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

God, what is not to like about the Pacific division these days.

Clean house or bust

Re: Chiarelli Fired [message #739128 is a reply to message #739117 ]
Thu, 20 June 2019 20:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

smyth260 wrote on Thu, 20 June 2019 18:50

Crap, there might be a Chia bidding war going on

Pierre LeBrun @PierreVLeBrun
There's been some talk of Peter Chiarelli perhaps joining the Canucks front office under Jim Benning, both of whom worked together in Boston. They are indeed talking about that, however, Chiarelli is also talking to other NHL front offices...

Fingers crossed a pacific division team wins the Chia sweepstakes. Everyone can use some more heavy hockey to win in this division.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Chiarelli Fired [message #739129 is a reply to message #739128 ]
Thu, 20 June 2019 20:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 20 June 2019 19:35

smyth260 wrote on Thu, 20 June 2019 18:50

Crap, there might be a Chia bidding war going on

Pierre LeBrun @PierreVLeBrun
There's been some talk of Peter Chiarelli perhaps joining the Canucks front office under Jim Benning, both of whom worked together in Boston. They are indeed talking about that, however, Chiarelli is also talking to other NHL front offices...

Fingers crossed a pacific division team wins the Chia sweepstakes. Everyone can use some more heavy hockey to win in this division.

Which pacific division team has the highest and most first round draftees? .... besides us.

Re: Chiarelli Fired [message #739123 is a reply to message #739114 ]
Thu, 20 June 2019 19:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 20 June 2019 18:40

What do you know...other team's GMs really DO love Chia!

Re: Chiarelli Fired [message #752147 is a reply to message #728592 ]
Wed, 22 January 2020 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Happy Chiarelli Fired Anniversary!

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Chiarelli Fired [message #752150 is a reply to message #752147 ]
Wed, 22 January 2020 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 22 January 2020 12:08

Happy Chiarelli Fired Anniversary!

It's been a year already, eh?

Too bad he left so much of his mess behind!

Re: Chiarelli Fired [message #792073 is a reply to message #728592 ]
Wed, 22 September 2021 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Frank Seravalli @frank_seravalli
Not done yet, but sounds like #stlblues are working on an expanded role for former #Oilers GM Peter Chiarelli, who has served as advisor to Doug Armstrong. Official title TBA but perhaps VP of Hockey Ops.

Also, Ken Hitchcock to rejoin STL organization as coaching consultant.

hahahahhahahaha

*catches breath*

hahahahahahahahahahha!

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Chiarelli Fired [message #792074 is a reply to message #792073 ]
Wed, 22 September 2021 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 22 September 2021 12:18

Not done yet, but sounds like #stlblues are working on an expanded role for former #Oilers GM Peter Chiarelli, who has served as advisor to Doug Armstrong. Official title TBA but perhaps VP of Hockey Ops.

hahahahhahahaha

*catches breath*

hahahahahahahahahahha!

Good lord. Have they decided they want another 50 years before the next Cup?

Re: Chiarelli Fired [message #792098 is a reply to message #792074 ]
Wed, 22 September 2021 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 22 September 2021 12:22

hahahahhahahaha

*catches breath*

hahahahahahahahahahha!

It's official

https://www.nhl.com/blues/news/chiarelli-hitchcock-join-blue s-hockey-operations-staff/c-326259240

Quote:

St. Louis Blues President of Hockey Operations and General Manager Doug Armstrong announced changes to the Blues Hockey Operations Department today.

The Blues have named Peter Chiarelli as Vice President of Hockey Operations, while Ken Hitchcock will rejoin the team as Coaching Consultant. Dave Taylor, who previously served as the team's vice president of hockey operations, will assume the role of Senior Advisor to Hockey Operations.

Some guys just have infinite lives in this league.

[Updated on: Wed, 22 September 2021 15:32]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Chiarelli Fired [message #792127 is a reply to message #792098 ]
Thu, 23 September 2021 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goose  is currently offline Goose

1 Cup

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 22 September 2021 14:08

Adam wrote on Wed, 22 September 2021 12:22

hahahahhahahaha

*catches breath*

hahahahahahahahahahha!

It's official

https://www.nhl.com/blues/news/chiarelli-hitchcock-join-blue s-hockey-operations-staff/c-326259240

Quote:

St. Louis Blues President of Hockey Operations and General Manager Doug Armstrong announced changes to the Blues Hockey Operations Department today.

The Blues have named Peter Chiarelli as Vice President of Hockey Operations, while Ken Hitchcock will rejoin the team as Coaching Consultant. Dave Taylor, who previously served as the team's vice president of hockey operations, will assume the role of Senior Advisor to Hockey Operations.

Some guys just have infinite lives in this league.

The NHL as a whole is one of the most baffling, most backwards thinking operations that I can think of. Half the teams think analytics are some kind of voodoo magic that is only practiced by a bunch of nerds that don't watch games and only stare at spreadsheets all day. At the same time they think that success in the league is predicated on some sort of secret knowledge that only a handful of 'hockey men' can possess so you need to accumulate as many of those minds as possible, even if their actual performance and decision making has been proven to be suspect at best.

Oilers Goal Differential
17/18: 234 GF / 263 GA (-29)
18/19: 232 GF / 274 GA (-42)
19/20 (82 game pace): 257 GF / 254 GA (+3) in 64 games
2021 (82 game pace):269 GF / 235 GA (+34) after 38 games

Re: Chiarelli Fired [message #792134 is a reply to message #792127 ]
Thu, 23 September 2021 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

6 Cups

Goose wrote on Thu, 23 September 2021 10:33

The NHL as a whole is one of the most baffling, most backwards thinking operations that I can think of. Half the teams think analytics are some kind of voodoo magic that is only practiced by a bunch of nerds that don't watch games and only stare at spreadsheets all day. At the same time they think that success in the league is predicated on some sort of secret knowledge that only a handful of 'hockey men' can possess so you need to accumulate as many of those minds as possible, even if their actual performance and decision making has been proven to be suspect at best.

I do love that people keep hiring our old mistakes. It's worked out so well for the Kings and Ducks! I only wish someone (not us) would give MacTavish another shot!

Re: Chiarelli Fired [message #792148 is a reply to message #792134 ]
Thu, 23 September 2021 11:39 Go to previous message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

Keep them in the western conference!

Pages (5): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5]  
Previous Topic:Holland: "The Time is Now"
Next Topic:Yamamoto signs - 1 year x 1.175M
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca