boulangj  is currently offline boulangj

No Cups

https://www.tsn.ca/adam-larsson-seattle-kraken-edmonton-oile rs-1.1670733

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789647 is a reply to message #789646 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

That’s what I just woke up and saw as well. It’s been a tremendous off-season so far for Kenny.

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789648 is a reply to message #789647 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

This offseason going swimmingly so far, and we haven't even made it to the draft yet! Sweet!

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789649 is a reply to message #789648 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Mike wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 07:46

This offseason going swimmingly so far, and we haven't even made it to the draft yet! Sweet!

At least we do not have a lot of draft capital to throw away.

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789651 is a reply to message #789649 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 07:47

And the Oilers don’t lose anyone in the expansion draft!

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789653 is a reply to message #789651 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 07:56

Well, we keep Benson, so yay?

Larsson leaving for virtually the same money that was on offer here. That’s absolutely damning on management, because it suggests he feels he has as good a chance to win Cups on an expansion team as he does here. Maybe not all the players were completely of a mind that Keith is a phenomenal pickup.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789678 is a reply to message #789653 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 08:02

CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 07:56

Well, we keep Benson, so yay?

Larsson leaving for virtually the same money that was on offer here. That’s absolutely damning on management, because it suggests he feels he has as good a chance to win Cups on an expansion team as he does here. Maybe not all the players were completely of a mind that Keith is a phenomenal pickup.

Nice, finally get to realize the maximum overripeness.

Gotta update this 1 year old Benson team photo. It's all black and shriveled now.

https://i.ibb.co/FWcttmJ/overripe-Benson.jpg

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789650 is a reply to message #789646 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

The Keith-Barrie pairing may set a record for worst advanced stats in league history

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789652 is a reply to message #789646 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HamBlaster  is currently offline HamBlaster

No Cups

What we've gained so far: An old, declining Duncan Keith and a very unlikely NHL prospect in Soderlund

What have we lost: An in his prime Adam Larsson who has improved greatly in the last two years, a legitimate developing D prospect in Jones and a 3rd rounder.

What is Holland doing?

Honestly, I don't get this plan. Keith has a higher cap hit and isn't as good of a player as Larsson is at this point. And the contract that he signed with Seattle is really good value, imo.

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789655 is a reply to message #789652 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

HamBlaster wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 07:59

What we've gained so far: An old, declining Duncan Keith and a very unlikely NHL prospect in Soderlund

What have we lost: An in his prime Adam Larsson who has improved greatly in the last two years, a legitimate developing D prospect in Jones and a 3rd rounder.

What is Holland doing?

Honestly, I don't get this plan. Keith has a higher cap hit and isn't as good of a player as Larsson is at this point. And the contract that he signed with Seattle is really good value, imo.

The Oilers are already making sure Rishaug and Spector are reporting that they offered the same money. They want you to know that the player really wanted to leave and that it wasn’t because of them lowballing. We are going to hear “Change of scenery” a lot in the next couple days, but it’s probably worth asking why someone would go to an expansion team over re-signing in a team with the best player in the world.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789656 is a reply to message #789655 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 11:05

HamBlaster wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 07:59

What is Holland doing?

The Oilers are already making sure Rishaug and Spector are reporting that they offered the same money. They want you to know that the player really wanted to leave and that it wasn’t because of them lowballing. We are going to hear “Change of scenery” a lot in the next couple days, but it’s probably worth asking why someone would go to an expansion team over re-signing in a team with the best player in the world.

An expansion team for which he doesn't even know the makeup. Unless Francis shared his picks with Larsson (which I doubt).

As for stuff lost - a 3rd for sure, but maybe a 2nd. And because of that, if we want to upgrade at the deadline, BOTH picks are not available for us to make a deal.

And almost an extra $2M in cap space.

What an utter disaster of an offseason. Bunch of idiots.

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789654 is a reply to message #789646 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JPro  is currently offline JPro

No Cups

4x4 is good value. No way the Oilers didn’t give Larsson the same or better offer. Larsson wanted out of this org. Kinda can’t blame him haha.

Now let’s head over to the consolation bin and overpay for Dougie Hamilton so we can really add a cherry to the top of this crapshow off-season sundae!

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789657 is a reply to message #789654 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

All the fans pissing on Larsson all these years got their wish, he's gone. But hey, now we get to see Benson not make the team again. Woohoo!!!

Definitely did not expect this and pretty unhappy at the moment.

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789658 is a reply to message #789646 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Brutal. Guess he just wanted a fresh start.

Messier 2.0's trade tree ended up a lot shorter than Messier 1.0.

The trade was one for one will live on for all time! :)

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789659 is a reply to message #789658 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 08:19

Hey, Bob Stauffer told me it was basically Hall for Larsson, Lucic and Cap Space. Now we have even more cap space and James Neal!!!!

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789661 is a reply to message #789659 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 08:22

Hey, Bob Stauffer told me it was basically Hall for Larsson, Lucic and Cap Space. Now we have even more cap space and James Neal!!!!

You must be thrilled Larsson is gone. You did nothing but bash the guy and tell us how much of a mistake it would be to sign a guy like him due to his back issues and limited skills.
Bear is apparently better than Larsson according to some in here so there shouldn't be a problem right?

[Updated on: Wed, 21 July 2021 08:41]

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789664 is a reply to message #789661 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rocksteady  is currently offline Rocksteady

No Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 08:25

You must be thrilled Larsson is gone. You did nothing but bash the guy and tell us how much of a mistake it would be to sign a guy like him due to his back issues and limited skills.
Bear is apparently better than Larsson according to some in here so there shouldn't be a problem right?

Now now RD... don't let your mood drag Adam into it. I'm not happy about it either and I do think our management still are a bunch of fools. When the Keith trade happened (I immediately turned on Holland BTW) I'm sure that affected Larsson decision to resign here and also it's impossible to think that Holland now has to fill bigger holes in the roster than when the season ended.

This is a bad day for the team. It's also equally bad that we have Holland signing guys 35+ to play for the team because you know vets are blah blah blah

The very definition of insanity is doing the exact same thing expecting different results.

Generally Disappointed.

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789668 is a reply to message #789664 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Rocksteady wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 08:46

Now now RD... don't let your mood drag Adam into it. I'm not happy about it either and I do think our management still are a bunch of fools. When the Keith trade happened (I immediately turned on Holland BTW) I'm sure that affected Larsson decision to resign here and also it's impossible to think that Holland now has to fill bigger holes in the roster than when the season ended.

This is a bad day for the team. It's also equally bad that we have Holland signing guys 35+ to play for the team because you know vets are blah blah blah

I have been told MANY a time how Larsson is not that good, not worth the money, how his style of dman is archaic, not important and overrated and how Bouchard and especially Bear are superior.

If Larsson's style of play isn't important anymore and Bear is superior, then he should be able to fill Larsson's spot with out a problem and the Oilers will be better for it. I guess we will find out won't we.

[Updated on: Wed, 21 July 2021 08:54]

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789669 is a reply to message #789668 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 08:52

Rocksteady wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 08:46

I have been told MANY a time how Larsson is not that good, not worth the money, how his style of dman is archaic, not important and overrated and how Bouchard and especially Bear are superior.

If Larsson's style of play isn't important anymore and Bear is superior, then he should be able to fill Larsson's spot with out a problem and the Oilers will be better for it. I guess we will find out won't we.

Oliers better hope the remaining young D are ready to step into the lineup. Things are looking bleak.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789665 is a reply to message #789661 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clutchlikeeberle  is currently offline clutchlikeeberle

No Cups

I am ok with not having Larsson the player - assume he is replaced with anyone but Barrie. What is telling to me, is that this franchise is still rotten at its core. For someone to chose not to play with two of the best tells a lot about the city and culture. Maybe more of the city as if u asked me to live in Seattle vs Edmonton I would chose Seattle anyway.

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789672 is a reply to message #789665 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

clutchlikeeberle wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 08:47

I am ok with not having Larsson the player - assume he is replaced with anyone but Barrie. What is telling to me, is that this franchise is still rotten at its core. For someone to chose not to play with two of the best tells a lot about the city and culture. Maybe more of the city as if u asked me to live in Seattle vs Edmonton I would chose Seattle anyway.

It ain't the city.

These guys aren't getting tons of time during the season to hang around the Boeing Museum or Pike Place.

It may be one small factor, but we've had enough good players sign here and re-sign here over the years. If people felt we were on the precipice of winning Cups, we would be seeing more interest in signing here. But the dinosaurs running the team aren't moving us any closer, despite having a couple of the best players in the game.

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789750 is a reply to message #789665 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

The 'burbs of Seattle, sure, but hard pass on the city proper and the folks that hang around downtown there. Gritty is the word I'm looking for, the hobos of Ermonton are rank amateurs.

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789803 is a reply to message #789750 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 18:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 11:13

The 'burbs of Seattle, sure, but hard pass on the city proper and the folks that hang around downtown there. Gritty is the word I'm looking for, the hobos of Ermonton are rank amateurs.

Downtown Seattle is a S**thole, homeless camps everywhere, he's never seen this stuff in his life, but Larsson will be living far away from there, he'll be in a gated community with all the other millionaires.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789667 is a reply to message #789661 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

No Cups

So our D right now looks something like this?

Nurse - ?
Keith - Bear
Russell - Bouchard

Sure hope there is help coming for 1RD and they're not going to bump Bear & Bouchard up a slot.

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789674 is a reply to message #789667 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 08:50

So our D right now looks something like this?

Nurse - ?
Keith - Bear
Russell - Bouchard

Sure hope there is help coming for 1RD and they're not going to bump Bear & Bouchard up a slot.

Would be very hard to try to get a legit top paid D right now. Got a feeling it'll be Nurse-Bear now unless we sign Barrie. Plan may have been Nurse-Bear anyways if we signed Larsson.

I think I would try hard to get a good defensive guy to play with Keith. Depending on Keith to be the reliable defensive guy is a huge risk now. He has not been the defensive conscience of a D pair for a while out. He's out playing loose trying to relive his offensive days (and has been failing).

I think I would try to get Hamonic. He played better in Vancouver than Calgary and wants to be close to home. Could sign cheap. Gives more money to try to fix the forward group. How many players would have gone Calgary -> Vancouver -> Edmonton in 3 seasons? :)

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789670 is a reply to message #789661 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

It would be a mistake to chew up yet another thread with a bunch of snarky comments from you, so I'm not going to spend all day responding. That said, Bear being better than Larsson doesn't mean that Larsson had no value. You always seem to think that if someone says X is better than Y that that somehow reduces Y's value to nil...but in fact, you need multiple RD on the team. If we had a greater sample size of viewings on Bouchard, maybe you could be comfortable seeing Larsson sail in to the sunset because you have Bouchard step up and take a larger role, but we haven't seen that and it's usually better to break in rookies with weaker opposition.

Signing someone like Barrie, who also needs weaker competition means that the heavy lifting required by Bear - who is himself a younger defenceman still - is extreme. We have virtually no one else at RD right now. The rest of the good prospects are LD, so it leaves a big hole to patch.

If it makes you feel better about losing Larsson and the direction this management is trending, then you can continue to misrepresent my views to your heart's content though.

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789682 is a reply to message #789670 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 08:57

It would be a mistake to chew up yet another thread with a bunch of snarky comments from you, so I'm not going to spend all day responding. That said, Bear being better than Larsson doesn't mean that Larsson had no value. You always seem to think that if someone says X is better than Y that that somehow reduces Y's value to nil...but in fact, you need multiple RD on the team. If we had a greater sample size of viewings on Bouchard, maybe you could be comfortable seeing Larsson sail in to the sunset because you have Bouchard step up and take a larger role, but we haven't seen that and it's usually better to break in rookies with weaker opposition.

Signing someone like Barrie, who also needs weaker competition means that the heavy lifting required by Bear - who is himself a younger defenceman still - is extreme. We have virtually no one else at RD right now. The rest of the good prospects are LD, so it leaves a big hole to patch.

If it makes you feel better about losing Larsson and the direction this management is trending, then you can continue to misrepresent my views to your heart's content though.

So I misrepresented what you said. I guess someone took control of your account then on that day in the Adam Larsson extension thread, message #784919.

"Agreed with this. Bear is better than Larsson already. Larsson is limited in what he can do, because he isn't a very good puck-mover and he relies a lot on his defence partner to advance the puck. His usage for a lot of this year is something I dislike seeing from Tippett, because when he plays with guys like Russell, they are in a never-ending cycle of dump it out and then defend again.

Bouchard - it's too early to tell, but I think he could quickly surpass Larsson, especially if you go out more than one year. You really have to hope he does - because he's the great white hope for Oilers RD.

I do think Klefbom is miles ahead of Larsson in importance - if we lost one of the two to Seattle, I'd much rather see #6 go. I believe the winds are blowing towards a successful return for Klefbom - and while he's likely to have some rust on him, he's still an important player and could really solidify our LD side. I am still pretty worried he ends up in Seattle, because if he is unprotected, he's worth the gamble for them versus the leftovers we're offering them up otherwise. Unlike Matheson, I don't think there's a hope in hell that Seattle takes Josh Archibald - and if they do, I'm rejoicing."

So good news, they didn't lose Klefbom who's way more important than Larsson as he sits on LTIR for this season and maybe the next.

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789683 is a reply to message #789682 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

There's a possibility Larsson doesn't sign until after Expansion and the Kraken also select Klef...

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789698 is a reply to message #789683 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 09:28

There's a possibility Larsson doesn't sign until after Expansion and the Kraken also select Klef...

Heh. Maybe Benson.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789703 is a reply to message #789682 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 09:23

Adam wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 08:57

So I misrepresented what you said. I guess someone took control of your account then on that day in the Adam Larsson extension thread, message #784919.

"Agreed with this. Bear is better than Larsson already. Larsson is limited in what he can do, because he isn't a very good puck-mover and he relies a lot on his defence partner to advance the puck. His usage for a lot of this year is something I dislike seeing from Tippett, because when he plays with guys like Russell, they are in a never-ending cycle of dump it out and then defend again.

Bouchard - it's too early to tell, but I think he could quickly surpass Larsson, especially if you go out more than one year. You really have to hope he does - because he's the great white hope for Oilers RD.

I do think Klefbom is miles ahead of Larsson in importance - if we lost one of the two to Seattle, I'd much rather see #6 go. I believe the winds are blowing towards a successful return for Klefbom - and while he's likely to have some rust on him, he's still an important player and could really solidify our LD side. I am still pretty worried he ends up in Seattle, because if he is unprotected, he's worth the gamble for them versus the leftovers we're offering them up otherwise. Unlike Matheson, I don't think there's a hope in hell that Seattle takes Josh Archibald - and if they do, I'm rejoicing."

So good news, they didn't lose Klefbom who's way more important than Larsson as he sits on LTIR for this season and maybe the next.

That does not say there is no value, or that we don't need three RD. We have a hole. Maybe you hadn't noticed?

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789728 is a reply to message #789682 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Things changed for me when Klefbom’s injury meant no 21/22 season. I am closer to Adam with the value of Larsson, but the fans did not run #6 out of town. Put that to rest.

The alarming thing to me is, Holland identified Larsson as a player he wanted back. He negotiated all year and he left for an expansion team. Ugh. His back issues and one dimensional play aside, Holland and the Oilers lost someone they identified as a core member of the team.

I can’t believe you (RDOF) take more enjoyment over seeing a poster here be wrong about a player than the actual state of the organization? Baffling.

[Updated on: Wed, 21 July 2021 11:26]

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789752 is a reply to message #789728 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon_Matt  is currently offline Dragon_Matt

No Cups

I can believe it.

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789671 is a reply to message #789646 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Someone needs to study the ultimate returns on 4 first overall picks for the Oilers. Yak, who they didn't need and should have traded the pick, returned Stuart Skinner (indirectly). Hall got them Larsson, and now nothing.

Good thing Nuge stayed, and I guess we'll see about MCdavid in a couple years.

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789673 is a reply to message #789646 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

I don't understand airlifting in a 38 yr old and letting a 28 yr old walk, but if Larsson wanted out, this is the least damaging scenario for the expansion draft. Losing a guy who was already gone.

Could be that they have a deal in place with Barrie already, and Larsson wasn't in the financial plans.

Worst case is they take this $4+ million in cap space plus more and piss it away on a non-elite forward (I'm looking at you, Hyman). This is shaping up to be a horrid summer.

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789675 is a reply to message #789673 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 09:03

I don't understand airlifting in a 38 yr old and letting a 28 yr old walk, but if Larsson wanted out, this is the least damaging scenario for the expansion draft. Losing a guy who was already gone.

Could be that they have a deal in place with Barrie already, and Larsson wasn't in the financial plans.

Worst case is they take this $4+ million in cap space plus more and piss it away on a non-elite forward (I'm looking at you, Hyman). This is shaping up to be a horrid summer.

We probably could have given Larsson a piece of that 5.5M we committed to Keith to get him to stay. Sounds like we were only offering equal money to Seattle, so it just came down to Larsson deciding if he wanted a fresh start or not. That is a bummer for sure.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789695 is a reply to message #789675 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skoobz  is currently offline Skoobz

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 09:07

We probably could have given Larsson a piece of that 5.5M we committed to Keith to get him to stay. Sounds like we were only offering equal money to Seattle, so it just came down to Larsson deciding if he wanted a fresh start or not. That is a bummer for sure.

Share the frustration but this is logically inconsistent. The Oilers aren’t PAYING Keith 5.5. I think there’s a lot of truth to the rumour that the purse strings are tightened, so the real dollars vs cap dollars is quite possibly a major thing for the franchise.

"[It was] really cool to throw on the Oilers gear, the gear that I want to play the rest of my life wearing. It was pretty cool to put it on. With all the history, it was a lot of fun." - Connor McDavid, July 1, 2015

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789699 is a reply to message #789695 ]

6 Cups

Skoobz wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 09:50

Share the frustration but this is logically inconsistent. The Oilers aren’t PAYING Keith 5.5. I think there’s a lot of truth to the rumour that the purse strings are tightened, so the real dollars vs cap dollars is quite possibly a major thing for the franchise.

If we're taking on guys like Keith to try to save some real cash at the cost of bad cap hit then this team is more doomed than I thought.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789700 is a reply to message #789695 ]

1 Cup

If that's the actual truth they should trade mcavid and draisaitl away. If the owner can't afford to run a hockey team it's insulting to the top players to keep them here through the primes of their careers.

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789711 is a reply to message #789695 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Does that really make sense though? I mean, it's not like we're going to be a cap floor team. We're still approaching the cap, so we're talking about saving 2-3MM on a $80MM payroll. I can't see that making much of a difference to Katz's numbers.

I can believe that the team (and league) lost money on this past season, and I can believe that things aren't as rosy for Katz now - but I don't think saving 3% of the total cap moves the needle much.

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789731 is a reply to message #789711 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

2 Cups

Doesn’t Katz keep most of the OBC on the payroll? I know Messier and Gretzky left to TV, but I don’t think Katz is struggling.

Pages (3): [1  2  3  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Oilers Trade Hall to Devils for Larsson
Next Topic:Oil retiring Hall’s jersey number
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca