Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Connor McDavid Unanimously Wins the Hart Trophy
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Connor McDavid Unanimously Wins the Hart Trophy [message #788439]
Tue, 29 June 2021 18:32 Go to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

Quote:

Connor McDavid is just the second unanimous Hart Trophy winner in NHL history, joining Wayne Gretzky.

He got 100 of 100 first place votes from @ThePHWA.

Congratulations Connor on the best individual season of hockey many of us have ever seen!

Clean house or bust

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Connor McDavid Unanimously Wins the Hart Trophy [message #788440 is a reply to message #788439 ]
Tue, 29 June 2021 19:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

smyth260 wrote on Tue, 29 June 2021 18:32

Quote:

Connor McDavid is just the second unanimous Hart Trophy winner in NHL history, joining Wayne Gretzky.

Congratulations Connor on the best individual season of hockey many of us have ever seen!

Playoffs aside, I haven't enjoyed or watched as many Oiler games in a longtime as I did this year. It was a treat, especially given the circumstances of lockdowns and such, and so we're lucky to have seen it. Hopefully, they can funnel that into some postseason success.

Re: Connor McDavid Unanimously Wins the Hart Trophy [message #788446 is a reply to message #788439 ]
Tue, 29 June 2021 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55 is currently online Kr55

6 Cups

Quote:

A desperate attempt by the PHWA to look like they know what they're doing. Don't let them trick you! :)

Yay McDavid. Sure he has all eyes on wanting to win other things now though.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Connor McDavid Unanimously Wins the Hart Trophy [message #788448 is a reply to message #788446 ]
Tue, 29 June 2021 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 29 June 2021 22:21

Quote:

A desperate attempt by the PHWA to look like they know what they're doing. Don't let them trick you! :)

Yay McDavid. Sure he has all eyes on wanting to win other things now though.

I was completely shocked by this.

It's just such an easy opportunity to build a click-bait article about why you were the one guy who didn't vote for McDavid that I thought SOMEONE would pull that stunt. Instead, they come off looking semi-competent.

I don't quite understand Matthews at almost 70% for #2 - I still think it looks from the outside like Marner is more valuable - scores just as much, penalty kills, plays more minutes...but he can have the runner-up sash.

I'm also a little curious about the two guys who picked Draisaitl second. It's a tough argument to say that two players from the same team are the first and second most valuable players to their team in the entire league. Having watched the Oilers all season, I think it's probably valid. Without McDavid and Draisaitl, the Oilers are hot garbage and a lottery team, but it's still a tough argument to make.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Connor McDavid Unanimously Wins the Hart Trophy [message #788449 is a reply to message #788448 ]
Tue, 29 June 2021 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HamBlaster  is currently offline HamBlaster

No Cups

I can see Matthews in second. I see Marner as the better overall player as well, however AM was on pace for 60+ goals this year.

In this era, that's unheard of.

Re: Connor McDavid Unanimously Wins the Hart Trophy [message #788452 is a reply to message #788448 ]
Wed, 30 June 2021 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

I am completely stunned by this. I would have put up decent coin that there would be at least a few dissenters. They would obviously have voted incorrectly, but I am shocked and pleasantly surprised by this.

Re: Connor McDavid Unanimously Wins the Hart Trophy [message #788455 is a reply to message #788452 ]
Wed, 30 June 2021 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

I am totally stunned it was unanimous. I expected some media guys to drag out some relatively insignificant stat on why he shouldn't. They were doing it last year with Leon.

Re: Connor McDavid Unanimously Wins the Hart Trophy [message #788461 is a reply to message #788455 ]
Wed, 30 June 2021 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon_Matt  is currently offline Dragon_Matt

No Cups

interesting, only the second time in history that the winner was unanimous. The other being Gretzky in 81-82.

Re: Connor McDavid Unanimously Wins the Hart Trophy [message #788463 is a reply to message #788461 ]
Wed, 30 June 2021 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Dragon_Matt wrote on Wed, 30 June 2021 09:50

interesting, only the second time in history that the winner was unanimous. The other being Gretzky in 81-82.

Well, now we know the timeline.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Connor McDavid Unanimously Wins the Hart Trophy [message #788467 is a reply to message #788439 ]
Wed, 30 June 2021 11:12 Go to previous message
WhoreableGuy  is currently offline WhoreableGuy

No Cups

You think McDavid would trade this individual award for one playoff drawn penalty?

I think he would.

"Bah Gawd! Would somebody stop the damn draft!"

- Jim Ross calling the NHL Draft Lotto 2015 as the Oilers win

Previous Topic:Oilers select 4th rd (#116) - Jake Chiasson
Next Topic:Ken Holland Season Ending Press Conference
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca